It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1207.htm
<< 1204  1205  1206    1208  1209  1210 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by memphis11

Checdk this out. If you go to this page at Hi-net
www.hinet.bosai.go.jp...
and google translate, you get this

If you then click on the region box and switch it to Fukushima prefecture, it kicks you back to Ibaraki. Theres no way to get Fukushima data that I can find. Just like with SPEEDI and everyhting else Fukushima.

The Japanese government is making it as hard as they possibly can every step of the way in our attempt to learn the lessons from Fukushima that they stated they would share freely with the world.

Take your time NEID, NISA, SPEEDI, MEXT, TEPCO. We'll still be here when you decide to be honest and let us know what really happened.

I have no problem seeing the Fukushima data when using the Japanese page. Maybe it has something to do with the page frames and google translate?

Thats the problem with alot of Tepcos data and the Japanese governments. Its being left in Jaspanese and not translated, and translation through google doesnt stand a chance of standing up in court. Memphis11, would you please go to the page with the data and copy any urls and post them. Its only the data i need, graphs and plotting. It would help me greatly.

Here you go. It displays all the observation points on one page, but should work with Google translate. Fukushima is about 1/3rd of the way down the page:
www.hinet.bosai.go.jp...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by memphis11

Here you go. It displays all the observation points on one page, but should work with Google translate. Fukushima is about 1/3rd of the way down the page:
www.hinet.bosai.go.jp...

memphis11. You rock. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
From EX-SKF

Saturday, February 11, 2012
JUST IN: #Fukushima Reactor 2 RPV Bottom Temperature at 82 Degrees Celsius

TEPCO's press conference scheduled at 5PM February 12, 2012, Japan Time.

10:00 78.3
11:00 74.9
12:00 79.1

Decision was made at 2:20PM that the the condition of "the temperature at the bottom of the Reactor Pressure Vessel at 80 degrees Celsius and below" was not met; the condition is specified in the safety regulations.

If it keeps going up I think that may be what it means, the corium has gone through cement into ground water and steam is moving back up the tunnel into containment producing heat and pressure. It also means that containment of R2 isnt breached above ground.
edit on 12-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I see your 79.1 and raise you by 1.9! #2 seems to be cookin. I hope it blows. Maybe once people realize they've been dupped some accounting would be demanded. A few million phones would ring and they would start thinking "OH Oh, they All know! Maybe we better do something?" Yeah, it's harsh, but it's just going to keep steaming up the joint anyway so what have we got to lose?
No new inside film or even crytome pics since November, eh.

enenews.com... criticality

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So many questions..
Is there a date on that page? What do the headings mean? The links on each line are to pdfs which show graphs of what?
Are these measuring points worth plotting on a map or is there one somewhere already?

Sorry, I took so long posting that no-one knows what I am talking about :-) It was about the page that memphis11 posted above.
This hi-net summary list page
edit on 12 Feb 2012 by qmantoo because: clarification

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

From EX-SKF

Saturday, February 11, 2012
JUST IN: #Fukushima Reactor 2 RPV Bottom Temperature at 82 Degrees Celsius

TEPCO's press conference scheduled at 5PM February 12, 2012, Japan Time.

10:00 78.3
11:00 74.9
12:00 79.1

Decision was made at 2:20PM that the the condition of "the temperature at the bottom of the Reactor Pressure Vessel at 80 degrees Celsius and below" was not met; the condition is specified in the safety regulations.

If it keeps going up I think that may be what it means, the corium has gone through cement into ground water and steam is moving back up the tunnel into containment producing heat and pressure. It also means that containment of R2 isnt breached above ground.

And the other numbers Z - RPV Drain Pipe Upper Part - has dropped from 30 to 9 degrees C....

www.tepco.co.jp...

And of course TEPCO saying probably instrument failure:

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

And kinda confused as to why not much increase in water?
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 12-2-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
But Reactor Nr. 2 was much hotter in the Weeks and Months after
all this trouble started

I hope and think that this increase of Temperature is just a question of Definition
(Requirements of the Cold Shut-down/ Tepco Definition)
and not a physical Danger!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I hope and think that this increase of Temperature is just a question of Definition
However much you would like it to be a misunderstanding or a mis-interpretation, a number cannot somehow magically be interpreted as another number. There is a limit to how "optimistic" we can be and still be realistic too. Numbers/digits are the same in Japanese as they are in most other countries, and I think after their previous "errors" the Tepco meter readers will be a little more careful these days.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Imo. this Pic looks much more like a bad Instrument
than the real Temperature, the Spike just went down in the matter of Minutes!

But i am a Sociologist and not a Engineer

Originally posted by qmantoo

However much you would like it to be a misunderstanding or a mis-interpretation, a number cannot somehow magically be interpreted as another number. There is a limit to how "optimistic" we can be and still be realistic too. Numbers/digits are the same in Japanese as they are in most other countries, and I think after their previous "errors" the Tepco meter readers will be a little more careful these days.

No, i mean for the PCV it is not important if the Temperature is 60- 80 or even 200Celsius
only for the "Definition" of a Cold Shut-Down and this is just a phrase!
edit on 12-2-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

"Annulus"...Unit 2...

Remember the word "annulus" from the BP Oil Spill days?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Temperature increase of the lower part of the Reactor Pressure Vessel of Unit 2 at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station

With regard to the temperature of the lower part of the Reactor Pressure Vessel
of Unit 2 at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, since February 2, 2012,
it has shown a gradual increase at one point in the part and therefore we have
kept changing the water injection amount and monitoring the temperature. At
2:15 pm today, we confirmed that the temperature indicator has reached 82°C.
As the temperature of the lower part of the Reactor Pressure Vessel was not
below 80°C, at 2:20 pm today, we judged that it does not clear one of the
"Conditions for operation"*2, which are provided in the Reactor
Facility Safety Regulation*1.

When conditions for operation are not satisfied, as "Required countermeasures" *3,
it is required to take countermeasures against the temperature promptly, in
order to clear the conditions. We therefore injected water with boric acid as
countermeasure to prevent from reaching re-criticality from 11:38 am to 1:50 pm
today, and from 2:10 pm to 3:30 pm today we increased the water injection amount
through the core spray system from approx. 6.9m3/h to approx. 9.9m3/h.
We also adjusted the water injection amount through the reactor feed water system
from approx. 7.2m3/h to approx. 7.5m3/h. as it showed some fluctuation.

Although the temperature indicator for the lower part of the Reactor Pressure
Vessel of Unit 2 is increasing at the point, as there is only one point where the
temperature is rising and with respect to other areas the temperatures tend to
decrease due to the increase of water injection amount, temperature indicators
around the Reactor Pressure Vessel and in the Primary Containment Vessel show
decreasing and therefore the whole facility itself is presumed to be cooled, and
we could assume that there is some water around the point at stake and that it
cools down the point, judging from the relation between the entry pressure in the
Primary Loop Recirculation System and the amount of water injection in the
reactor feed water system, overall, we judge that cooling reactors works properly
now.

Considering this event, at 3:22 am today, we conducted a sampling of gas in the
Primary Containment Vessel of Unit 2 and have found that each of short half-life
nuclide Xe was below detection limit (9.5?0-2Bq/cm3) and the criterion
to judge re-criticality (1 Bq/cm3) and that there is no reaching criticality,
and we have confirmed that there is no increase of radiation (Cs-134 and 137).

There is no significant variation of the values of monitoring posts around the
site boundary of Fukushima Daiichi NPS and the consecutive dust monitors.

We will continue to the tendency of the temperatures, carefully.

*1 Reactor Facility Safety Regulation
Based on Clause 1, Article 37 of Act of the Regulation of Nuclear Source
Material, Nuclear Fuel Material and Reactors, it provides basic conditions
to be satisfied for operating nuclear power stations safely and keeping it
stable (operation management, fuel management, radiation management, emergency
treatment, and facility management based on "Mid-term safety securing" etc.).
It is approved by the national government.

*2 Conditions for operation
Reactor Facility Safety Regulation provides necessary conditions such as the
numbers of the permitted machines etc. or criteria of temperatures and
pressures for securing multiple safety function for operating reactors and
for keeping nuclear power stations stable and these are treated as conditions
for operation. When there happen some malfunctions of equipment provided in
the regulation and a nuclear power station can not clear the conditions
temporarily, operators have to take required countermeasures.

*3 Required countermeasures
Article 138 of Reactor Facility Safety Regulation provides that the temperature
of the reactor pressure vessels shall be below 80°C and that if it rises over
80°C, operators shall take countermeasures against the rising and clear the
temperature condition for operation.

www.tepco.co.jp...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Just one more thing...

Stuxnet makes industrial gauges read wrongly, it's very precisely designed to destroy all Seimens machinery, without discretion.

So there'll be more dude's tapping their screen and whining to their bosses "The reading looks right!" while # melts down.

The age of correctly reading industrial gauges is over. Say goodbye to it. The next century will be spent talking about Stux and Duqu and how they really essentially ended civilization for a while. My .02.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
So many questions..
Is there a date on that page? What do the headings mean? The links on each line are to pdfs which show graphs of what?
Are these measuring points worth plotting on a map or is there one somewhere already?

Sorry, I took so long posting that no-one knows what I am talking about :-) It was about the page that memphis11 posted above.
This hi-net summary list page
edit on 12 Feb 2012 by qmantoo because: clarification

This page listing all monitoring sites, only takes you to the current waveform or graph for today. It still doesnt get to a page of the older data, at least as far as I can find. They say that to access that page you need to register then wait a couple of days for confirmation. Its been longer than that since I registered and still no confirmation. Hmmmm?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
I see your 79.1 and raise you by 1.9! #2 seems to be cookin. I hope it blows. Maybe once people realize they've been dupped some accounting would be demanded.

It blows my mind the human race hasnt caught on to the obvious dangers of nuke power to a greater degree than we see. The history of the human race is one of not learning from our mistakes. Unfortunately, with nuclear, learning too late could cost us the planet.

I, too, hope something happens that shows the world that Tepco is lying their arses off. But if it blows Im down wind.

So maybe hopefully a more gentle learning experience will occur, like someone coming forward with the beans. But I understand the sentiment. If Tepco and the nuclear industry get away with their plans for starting more new constructions and continuing on with their renaissance after Fukushima we can kiss this planet off as nothing at that point will wake people up. There will be no help from the US and Canadian governments thats for sure. Obama and Chu showed immediately after the crisis began that they had no interest in changing the direction they were taking the us in, which is the greatest expansion of nuclear power ever.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Democracy. What democracy. The people of Japan have raised enough signatures to put an anti-nuclear initiative up for a vote and the Mayor of tokyo refuses to submit it because he says that to do that and stop nuclear power would cause the human race to devolve back to monkeys. WTF is he talking about.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
For those who follow the money.
ycharts.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
For those who follow the money.
ycharts.com...

Unfortunately, since the beginning of the year, the nuclear industry has been rebounding stocks wise and its because of the fact that the US is opening every nuclear door they can at a time when most of the American masses think we are heading towards a green future.

ETFs are way up, uranium mining etc. This was from a few weeks ago and it continues to this day.

The nuclear energy sector, along with related exchange traded funds, has been rebounding off an exceptionally bad year. Nuclear ETFs may continue to strengthen as the U.S. announces its commitment to next-generation nuclear reactors.

Market Vectors Nuclear Energy (NYSEArca: NLR - News ) is up 12.9% year-to-date. In comparison, the fund lost 26.2% over the past year. [Why the Uranium ETF is Rallying]

The U.S. Department of Energy affirmed its intent to fund small modular nuclear reactors, or SMRs, advancing the country’s leadership in next generation energy technologies and jump starting our nuclear industry, according to Today’s Energy Solutions .

In the end the US is going to be the biggest dragon of all. Right now the status quo exists because the US is propping it up all around the world, while others suffer.

We got our work cut out for us.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
For our Japanese friends.

I asked a friend on FB for a quick translation/summary.
- thanks for so many coming out on such a cold day
- the govt, tepco and media are not telling the truth
- most people believe them. they think it's all sorted out. we need to get the truth out.
- there might be another big earthquake. don't let them restart the reactors.
- there is plenty of electricity even though most of the reactors are shut down. they were lying about shortages.
- don’t let them send debris to other parts of Japan.
- there were demos today in 150 German cities.
- the Japanese media ignores us, but the world is watching. Al Jazeera is broadcasting this.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have been in such a state lately. I never thought something at this late stage in my life would take it over to this extent as Fukushima has. AND its a case that has made me paranoid, something that hasn't happened to me while on a case for sometime. So Im a bit out of sorts these days, and screwed up. The version I posted of Chapter 6 was a draft, and in fact the first draft. I dont know how I posted it instead of the final version which is much different. Im embarrassed people read a draft. Anyway, please forgive me, for postesrity sake, here is the right version

Chapter Six
Hidden Dragons and the Big Bang

The explosion sound that occurred immediately after the EQ started is just one of many Fukushima mysteries that have never been explained. At least not in a way that makes sense. Nor did Tepco ever intend to, as now all information related to this explosive sound has been erased from the record.

The Tepco explanation is tanks rupturing and exploding. Another theory put forth in NRC memos obtained through FOIA and dated the afternoon of the 12th is that it may have been a hydrogen explosion in the R1 TB. Their only support for this, however, were some cracks in the R1 TB, cracks detailed in worker accounts to have happened when the initial EQ hit.

Irrespective how those cracks got there, a hydrogen explosion that matched the intensity of the sound generated would have done more damage than two small cracks.

Concerning gas tanks in the R1 TB, it is possible, and even probable, they ruptured and possibly exploded during the magnitude 7+ EQ. If so these weren't the only blast. Not when one considers that the description of the blast in the R4 torus, which is deep underground surrounded by cement and closed off by numerous thick steel doors under the reactor building, was the description that placed the most emphasis on being loud, "a terrible boom".

In fact, there is nothing that has been reported, or even rumored, that would explain the explosive sound heard in the R4 torus.

There is, however, a scenario, when included in the list of possibilities, that does explain it. But to get there one has to take a leap of faith and believe that it is possible that an illegal weapons factory may exist under Fukushima Dai-ichi. Until that is done, forums and blogs will continue to torture data to try and make it fit a more comfortable conclusion for Fukushima's mysteries.

The bottom line is this. Almost every Dai-ichi mystery can be answered by adding a UC scenario to the accepted possibilities. That alone demands that it at least be considered.

For instance, the terrible explosion sound in the R4 torus, could have been nuclear materials getting jostled around and going critical somewhere in the underground complex. Or some other kind of explosion below ground. R4 appears to be positioned over the top of the UC, and the sound of this would have been fed into the R4 torus through the tunnel system connecting it to the UC.

Below is a best guess of where the UC is positioned, after months of research and analysis

Another mystery solved by including an underground weapons factory into the equation is why Dai-ichi was chosen as a site for a nuclear power plant in the first place. Considering earthquakes, the location is the worst imaginable, short of being built on landfill. But it's the perfect site for underground excavation and tunneling. The following are from data recently released by Tepco and are referencing studies performed in 1966, 2009 and 2010.

From a 1966 pre-construction document detailing excavation work. This one only goes down to a depth of 20 meters.

From recent geologic studies, showing the strata to a depth of 300 meters and the symbols explained;

Neogene mud, silt and sand down 300 meters, soft soils which intensify ground movement. For Neogene muddy sandstone, significant amplification can occur. If Dai-ichi wasn't in an area prone to earthquakes this wouldn't matter. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Numerous faults run under and around Dai-ichi, and the area offshore is known for intense seismic activity. The subduction zone that caused the Tohoku EQ is well known and studied.

Locally offshore there are saphenous faults directly offshore from Namie Town, a deep reverse fault offshore Tomioka Town and numerous normal faults directly offshore the plant itself that have produced deformation in the underlying strata. No nuclear power plant should have ever been built anywhere near this area, let alone one of the largest in the entire world.

Unless, of course, someone intended to build an extensive tunneling network that led to different units forming a complex structure spread out deep underground. Then this is the best location you'll find.

Unless, of course, someone intended to build an extensive tunneling network that led to different units forming a complex structure spread out deep underground. Then this is the best location you'll find.

The following underground complexes have been built or are under construction by the Japanese Atomic Energy Agency. These were built merely to study the soil and rock by an agency who's mission statement and vision are premised upon their belief that "Nuclear energy is an essential and sustainable energy source inevitable for human life." Obviously underground is very important to the Japanese nuclear authorities for the purpose of storing radioactive waste.

These complexes run hundreds of meters deep undergound. It is obvious that the technology and ability to build an underground complex exists in Japan, and back in the 60s and 70s they wanted Dai-ichi. But not to study rocks.

Whether or not an early explosion during the EQ happened in the UC will never be known. And at this point, other than worker accounts, there is no reason to suspect that such a thing occurred. Except for one other piece of the puzzle, an early March 11th night time fly-by video that suggests that something indeed was going on in the area suspected of the UC. There is a caveat however. Anomalies in this night time video make it hard to define the infra-red range being filmed, so I present it here only as a reference for conditions at the plant on March 11th.

For much of the rest of this book we will explore different mysteries or occurrences with the understanding that one of the scenarios being used for analysis purposes is that a UC does exist. Since there are no other sources that I know of for this level of analysis of an illegal weapons factory other than this book, I feel it is very important to continue.

And with that we slide into one of the biggest mysteries Fukushima gave birth to. Reactor number three and the big bang.

top topics

<< 1204  1205  1206    1208  1209  1210 >>

join