learn more

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1193
<< 1190  1191  1192    1194  1195  1196 >>

join

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The Latest Leaking Points Pics

Looks like one hell of a complicated plumbing system...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

The plastic bag technique:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Unit 2 CRD Housing Upper Part...Still an Instrument Failure?

TEPCO has started reporting the temp again...if it's finally accurate now - still pretty jumpy...curious has to why they started reporting the numbers again...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

edit on 28-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
reply to post by zworld

I'm thinking snow flurries.

Thats probably right J&C. Good eye. Being timelapsed made it confusing to me.

As an aside I tried to go back to the Amedas site where I was getting the original wind and rain charts for Dai-ichi, and as far as I can tell its all been taken down as all my urls now return a 404. Dammit, another one bites the dust.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You know guyz I have really come to dislike ENENEWS and have to agree with Human that it probably shouldnt even be a quoted site. This is the latest example. Here is a current headline:

Another Fukushima farmer in exclusion zone: It’s already bad as Chernobyl — I saw the ‘splashing ash’ after explosions — Baby cows dying one after one (VIDEO)

This is total bullsh!t. They way this reads someone cant help but think that the cows were dropping from radiation after the explosions. Nope. Reading the article it says

They had a lot of babies. Because of the lack of crops, and the cold weather, they are dying one after one.

ENENEWS, YOU DO A DISSERVICE TO THE CAUSE. GO MAKE MONEY DOING SOMETHING ELSE THAT YOURE ACTUALLY GOOD AT!
edit on 28-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't think it's snow. You can see snow fall. It drifts. You can follow a snowflake with your eye. It doesn't flash and disappear. Also from around the 5:45 mark we have steam/smoke rising from the #3 stack. I tweeked the screen cap so the smoke would be more visible.

Z, a zoom on the I beams. Oct 28th shot.

And one more thing. Could this connected to our row-boat shaped concrete pour in front of #1?
edit on 28-1-2012 by Aircooled because: I forget stuff.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
I don't think it's snow. You can see snow fall. It drifts.

It may be a case of being sped up. It might need an analysis of the actual footage in regular motion.
ON EDIT: after looking at the vid again AC I think you might be right. When the pings first start after 35 seconds those dont look like snow. Id like to see it in regular motion. Has anyone ever noticed those flaps flapping before?

Z, a zoom on the I beams. Oct 28th shot.

And one more thing. Could this connected to our row-boat shaped concrete pour in front of #1?

Interesting close up. I didnt notice before but they still have the nitro feeder in front of the CSFP (the box thing behind the truck infront of the CSFP entrance.

And yes I think its all connected somehow. Its possible that they dug a big hole there and dumped stuff dug up from around R3 and R4. Or something else, but it definately is connected. Dont see how it couldnt be. Neither is something we expected to see them to do, the parking lot or the raised ground floor.
edit on 28-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Has anyone ever noticed those flaps flapping before?
on the nearside edge at the top of #1? yes I have seen this quite often. blowing in the wind. I think they have used canvas in various places so that the gases can get out if necessary(without being obvious). The flap on the front is something they can roll up by pulling the ropes which are hanging down - like a kitchen roller blind, and the stuff on the top I reckon is canvas too, like a tent/marquee. There are one or two good pics in the thumbnails.

The thumbnails are all on one page because it is just easier to program the restriction (to a few pages worth) for people coming from non-ATS sites. I will see how easy it is to make it into more pages as the number will grow as we add images to the thread.
edit on 28 Jan 2012 by qmantoo because: addition

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

Has anyone ever noticed those flaps flapping before?
on the nearside edge at the top of #1? yes I have seen this quite often. blowing in the wind. I think they have used canvas in various places so that the gases can get out if necessary(without being obvious). The flap on the front is something they can roll up by pulling the ropes which are hanging down - like a kitchen roller blind, and the stuff on the top I reckon is canvas too, like a tent/marquee. There are one or two good pics in the thumbnails.

Thanks Q. Interesting. I thought the reason for the tent was so they could contain R1 and filter emissions. Obviously not.

And thanks for the link to Amedas weather charts. They changed the url from what I used to use. And it looks like there was precipitation coming down at the time in question for the vid so Im back to snowflakes as the culprit.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Originally posted by thorfourwinds

Greetings my friend:

Thank you for your time, consideration and participation.

However, more than once we have questioned your line of thinking in coming to bat for TEPCO. One doesn't have to know much about NPPs to separate the wheat from the irradiated chaff when it comes to TEPCOSPEAK.

Either you have not been reading our posts proving the cover-up and conspiracy between TEPCO/JAPGOV, the EPA/FDA/USGOV and the MSM to downplay the true nature of the Nukushima disaster/fiasco multiple melt-throughs, or you are sadly under-served in your quest for the truth.

I think you are flying a little bit to high here,
i wrote: "I can't be sure if Tepco telling the truth, because i am not there and
i do not understand so much of a NPP", please re-read this!

I still do not believe in a 100% Melt-Through (outside of every containment)
and until now i found no reliable Source who said so!

Many of us here on this forum have shown time and again that TEPCO lies, alters 'official' photos, and in general, is doing everything they can to obfuscate the truth and downplay the true danger of the worldwide environmental warfare being waged against all living species on our Fragile Planet Earth.

Yes, Tepco and every Government is a bunch of Bastards but there is a big Change in the
last Months, before Tepco could do what ever they wanted, they didn't needed to inform anyone
but now "they" need to send a Report for everything to the Japanese Government (METI) to the NSA
as well as to the Vienna based IAEA, to cover something up is more difficult than ever!

"Warfare": Nuclear Energy is a Crime and Reckless,
F'Shima is a Disaster but not an Attack, ergo "not an act of War"
so it can't be Warfare!

You're going to have to come to grips and deal with that fact as the truth.

Thank you for all you do.

More dangerous for you; do you really think that only you know "the Truth about this Accident"?

I know that my Opinion is a little bit strange but i have to deal with her in my daily Life since
nearly one Year for 24/7, i am sure that this will make everyone more Rational!

My Opinion is:
This is not an Extinction Level Incident, not for East-Japan, not for Japan as a whole,
not for East Asia and also not for the World,
but only as long as we see no further Explosions/ worsening of this Crisis!
edit on 28-1-2012 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ok,when do we say enough is enough.

Gov't says no to free medical care for children under 18 in Fukushima

Just let the children die.

www.japantoday.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This doesn't sound good.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I cannot help thinking that these guys are being overly optimistic under the circumstances. I realise that to raise morale, people will be encouraged to return to their possibly ancestural homes, but not if it is unsafe, surely?

Kawauchi govt heading home / Village 1st to return among those forced out by Fukushima N-crisis The Yomiuri Shimbun 29Jan12

FUKUSHIMA--The government of a village forced to relocate due to the Fukushima nuclear crisis will return to the village in April, it has been learned, a move it hopes also will encourage residents to come back. The village of Kawauchi in Fukushima Prefecture will be the first of the nine town and village governments that evacuated their offices to return to its original municipality.

In November, the municipal government started decontamination work in the village. It plans to finish decontaminating public facilities and homes of families with children by the end of March, and has set a target of completing the work for the entire emergency evacuation preparation area by the end of December.

Of about 940 houses in this area, the village plans to finish decontaminating about 150 within March. The remainder should be completed by the end of 2012.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Just took a fresh screen cap off the TBS cam. You can see the 2 panels on the right side of the west wall are gone. A question? Do you think these guys would hang a big grey curtain from the center of the overhead crane, to try and hide a pool burning?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Another Mt. Fuji EQ...4.7

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

mdn.mainichi.jp...

And AC - really amazing eyes you have!! It does look like some huge tarp covering that portion of Unit 4.

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Pretty Good Splash!!

Nucklechen captured this - :37 seconds into clip - wave splashing!

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Unit 4 Fire or Work Lights?

Glowing going on Live TBS cam:

lucaswhitefieldhixson.com...

TEPCO press release:

Around 9:35am on 29 January 2012, an alarm on a system failure (Unit 4 SFP backup cooling system) was given in Unit 4 spent fuel pool backup cooling system. According to the site investigation, a pump (A) to circulate cooling water of a secondary system had been stopped and the water circulation was stopped accordingly (Fuel pool temperature at the time of the alarm: 21°C). After the event, we discovered cooling water leakage from A2 line of air-fin cooler unit (A1-A4 lines) of the A system of the secondary system. We confirmed that the water leakage was stopped by closing valve of the Unit A2 line. The cooling water is from a filtrate tank for fire extinction and doesn't contain radioactive materials. The stopped secondary pump (A) was restarted at 11:14am and water cooling of the spent fuel pool was restarted accordingly (Fuel pool temperature at the time of cooling restart: 21°C)

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 29-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Thanks Q. Interesting. I thought the reason for the tent was so they could contain R1 and filter emissions. Obviously not.

And thanks for the link to Amedas weather charts. They changed the url from what I used to use. And it looks like there was precipitation coming down at the time in question for the vid so Im back to snowflakes as the culprit.

I have seen them flapping before. I originally thought it was birds (less wind at the time too).

Could be snow actually with that size of particle. We don't get snow here so I didn't even consider it >_> forgive me! Main reason I say snow other than the weather/cloud direction matching is the consistent direction, top left to bottom right of frame. Gamma is all over the show and multi coloured.
Also from prior observation I timed the camera to about 2 frames per second. Snow will appear as it is, especially when sped up as much as that video.

Originally posted by zworld
reply to post by GhostR1der

Anyone else, if you haven't checked this out please do. Go right to the 2:00 minute mark and from there watch the pings. Its insane. Ive never seen anything like it. There must be a spike somewhere in the monitoring posts to verify this, unless wind direction was offshore.

I can see exactly where you are coming from. There's no way to say to be honest, some does look exactly like it. However occams razor, wind blowing more intensely during this time (check the plants) etc makes me stick to snow.

Wind at ground level is roughly a north easterly, at altitude north westerly. So stack and thermally lifted fallout (e.g. fuel pool fire) would be going out to sea.

Jadedandcynical: awesome work with the post, you had me flabbergasted as to how you pulled it up so fast! Makes sense now though how you knew where to look
I can remember the possibility of fuel corrosion being mentioned much earlier, hence why I found this fascinating to see it in a Journal! The other post about floating grounds (and further galvanic stuff IIRC) from silv would be interesting to see again. Presuming you were involved with that one too? I have googled for it before to no avail.
Another strike for ATS. We've called a damn heap of stuff before anyone else. Pat on the back everyone!
I think lurkers likely having a different insight to thread participants is an excellent tool to utilize, speak up if you have anything that may seem trivial.. it may connect dots for everyone else! A fresh opinion is worth its weight in gold.

AC: nice work with the stack plume . I was looking too and didn't notice anything! Must have eagle eyes eh

re:enenews. Sure there is sensationalism. Sure it's a potential mindfield for newbies. Just like fuku diary and ex-skf and every other source I've ever seen. It's their bread and butter. Even bland journals do it a little! I do find many gems amongst the chaff there, so I can't knock it for the service it has provided. If one cross checks, things are not a problem. Plus the dedicated band of enenews commenters that have been there since early days are mostly onto it, sort out most inaccuracies and provide some great info. Would love to have some of them jump ship here!

Originally posted by qmantoo
I cannot help thinking that these guys are being overly optimistic under the circumstances. I realise that to raise morale, people will be encouraged to return to their possibly ancestural homes, but not if it is unsafe, surely?

Sort of like going back to your forest cottage while the next valley is on fire...
edit on 29/1/12 by GhostR1der because: add more responsars

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Hey AC you are doing a fabulous job as well as the rest of you who have hung
in here to help the rest of us understand what's happening. On the video at 1:00 to 2:00
I thought it was snow, crazy question but could it be Hot Particles flying around?
That whole area there still is Hot & stuff is still rising up from the ground. Thank you,
your hard work & time is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
reply to post by Aircooled

Hey AC you are doing a fabulous job as well as the rest of you who have hung
in here to help the rest of us understand what's happening. On the video at 1:00 to 2:00
I thought it was snow, crazy question but could it be Hot Particles flying around?
That whole area there still is Hot & stuff is still rising up from the ground. Thank you,
your hard work & time is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Ektar

Hi Ektar. I think J&C had it right to begin with. As GR points out because of the 2 frames per second film speed that snow would look like that. And on the weather charts precipitation started in that area at that time. And as J&C pointed out it was a cold day and therefore the snow could be small flakes. Im personally going with snow but yes it sure does resemble the pings of alpha and beta particles that weve seen so many times before on other stuff like the endoscope.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

PC, is this the regular TBS feed cause if it is its not what Im getting. This is an HD clear picture and what I get is muddled and slightly out of focus usually.

top topics

<< 1190  1191  1192    1194  1195  1196 >>

join