page: 1183
<< 1180  1181  1182    1184  1185  1186 >>

join

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Moch is having some fun over at the diary

More vegetables are deformed from stress
Posted by Mochizuki on January 15th, 2012

More mutated vegetables are found and reported. According to some expert, it’s from stress and especially female are worse at handling the stress. Some other experts are pointing out the possibility of midlife crisis of vegetables. Japanese government’s official statement is that those vegetables forgot to smile when they were irradiated.

I didn't even know vegetables went through a midlife crisis. Maybe its cause I eat them before they get that far along.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Roof has more insulation and sealant I'd say, thicker and more of a thermal impediment than the sides, which require slightly less stringent sealing (vs flattish pooling vulnerable roof).

Actually the roof has less insulation that containment. The 1st to 4th floors are inside containment and would have higher r values. That and the fact that heat rises still makes me question the condition of R1. There was a PF discussion of why R1 blew the way it did and it was because R1 was not concreted past containment. The service floor walls were metal, unlike R2 thru R6, which were concrete all the way to the roof.

At the same time, the fact that containment was well insulated might explain the discrepancies we see, since the heating was shutoff 7 hours earlier. In that scenario R1 fits the vid.

However, there is no way I buy that the rocks around the quay are many times warmer than the earth. That doesnt work period. The ocean off Fukushima is cooled by a northern current. In winter time, it is so cold that even 5/3mm wetsuit and booties isn't enough for hard core surfers. The saying around Sendai surf scene is the waves in winter are best caught with a snowboard up in the mountains. The ocean is too cold. I dont know the actual temps but Im guessing high 40s and low 50s. after 4 hours of freezing nightime temps those rocks are cold. Much colder than the earth, which will hold internal heat much longer.

Unless someone can come up with a viable explanation for the white quay rocks and other lesser discrepancies Im considering this vid unuseable as a temp indicator.

And Im still considering that it might be showing the blow out panels gone.

I cant close the book on anything unless absolutely sure.

You're right, I screwed that up and realized this, quickly edited the post after but I guess you saw it before that! Roof is coolest 'cus of corrugations. Concrete insulates. R1 being corrugated is what confused the crap outta me. I had to go back and look at photos and wonder why corrugated iron replaced concrete, as you said, it wasn't like that for 2-6. The original explanation of a cooler roof vs side for R1 (corrugated) fits. For the rest of them, the roof should be least insulated (vs concrete) but also highest surface area, so still cooler looking.

Japan sea temperatures:

Today's water temperatures
Average sea temperature: 22.2°C
Maximum sea temperature: 29°C
Minimum sea temperature: 10°C

This month's water temperatures
Average sea temperature: 20.4°C
Maximum sea temperature: 30°C
Minimum sea temperature: 6°C

Long term water temperatures
Average sea temperature: 21.1°C
Maximum sea temperature: 31°C
Minimum sea temperature: 0°C

www.sea-temperature.com...

You say 40-50degrees farenheit, close! Sendai was much lower temperature than most of Japan, can see it in link below too. It can get to freezing level but the average is much higher, hence my statement before - the sea is warmer than the land. This is often the case well after sunset, air heading towards the rising, warmer sea air. There's no reason for black rocks to be white on camera unless it is a negative, as we know they are black from other photos. If it were a negative then the light coloured buildings would all be dark, not light as well.

Found this - SIROCCO simulation requested by IAEA for nuclide dispersion following fuk. Sea temp given for march is around 11 degrees. sirocco.omp.obs-mip.fr... it's the first animation.
It snowed on land in some areas as the tsunami happened, so the sea is probably warmer!

www.climatetemp.info...
March minimum avg temp -1 and average high is 8 degrees c.

And don't underestimate the size and thermal capacity of those rocks. A big bucket of rocks can cook a dinner for 50 people, let alone walls of car sized rocks in the sun. Remember white could be as little as +10-15 degrees or so, which given land could be near freezing, 10-15 degree rocks around 11 degree water is not impossible and well within boundaries.
And you're also right - we cannot use it for an accurate estimation of temperatures; the calibration is not given, plus it is saturated on the buildings, leads me to think it does not have a wide scale of sensitivity in it's current setup.

Originally posted by zworld
Wow, they are so ruthless in the Japanese government. I thought America was bad but damn, Japan is beginning to upstage us. Thats not good Japan. Bad direction.

China and NK had better step up the game a little eh
edit on 15/1/12 by GhostR1der because: 40-50 deg not 30-40 im half a-fricken-sleep today my apologies for the muckaround Z!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Matadoor - Yes, thats what I meant.
The USA has been in bed with the Japanese due to the China perceived threat to the US. It also helps to have local bases near to N.Korea and places where you need to keep a watchful eye on...

Already it has been suggested that arab countries may have installed bombs in the plant, and I am sure that there are many countries who have historical issues with Japan. We have no idea, but for whatever reason, if these EQs or tsunamis were created eitherby outsiders - on or off-plantry - or as you suggest by themselves, then they have unleased something on the world which cannot be stopped (easily). I think it is a really good idea to investigate this scenario you dreamed up and to put documentation together which may give evidence that it is more than just speculation.

IF it was, any country with an intelligence outfit would know that Japan was making bombs there. USA has numerous bases on the islands and are fairly close buddy-buddy to the Japanese now. They would know, and they would probably share their intel with friendly countries too. In the right circles, soon everyone would know like a gossip getting around.

The other thing to consider is that IF 2012 is a turning point for the world, then things are only going to get worse.

==============================

Q, I started to entertain the thought of someone purposefully causing the EQ and/or tsunami and I could only get there if someone was attacking the plant knowing that a bomb factory was below. But even then Im having trouble envisioning who and how it was done. Are there scenarios that explain this. Or is this even what you meant.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Question?? Does Anti-Matter absorb Ionizing Radiation?

The recent restart of the proton accelerator
www.japantimes.co.jp...

that creates neutrinos in Tōkai, Ibaraki, 120 km north of Tokyo...just south of Daiichi and Daini...
en.wikipedia.org...

and the amazing amount EQ that have popped up since the restart
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Just wondering...sorry if way out there...

- Purple Chive

J-PARC was running on 3/11 at full tit. They've just rebuilt it, so if we get another mag 9 it's going to be reducing coincidences a little

Here is one of those videos I mentioned about particle accelerators and Japan. It isn't the good one I'm trying to find still. I have searched potrblog and YT history and it's not there.. either it has been disappeared or I'm not searching right. Basically said that these accelerators are pretty radioactive (why they use them to design radiation resistant magnets....) and that when shot through the crust they leave a trail of radiation caused by intense amount of protons and some other weird physics stuff I don't understand
And on the exit point. So if that's your house, too bad. And also said when two beams intersect they can cause localized heating anywhere in the crust... see where that one is going eh

edit: joined some other dots (thanks POTRBLOG). Noticed how the blurry lines which were there rain or shine, visible on crane boom, disappeared when they replaced the screen? Either the existing bubble had a join line there or there was already a Nalgene lense cover! If there was already, then the damn thing must have worn out haha.
edit on 16/1/12 by GhostR1der because: responded about J-PARC

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Pics of "Obstacle" Removal - Intake Canal

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Ocean Soil - 5 Km Offshore Numanouchi - Really Hot!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

Human, I couldn't find Numanouchi on Japan map...where is it near?

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Okay.. I think it's a language/translation issue. All the other points I can find, they are in Iwaki, south east most corner. There are many kanji? characters around that are not in english. I reckon it's one of them! Numanouchi is mentioned online in conjunction with benten river. I can find neither. However a prior measurement map radioactivity.mext.go.jp... mentions "Toyoma Fishing Port, Iwaki City (Numanouchi)".

Leads me to think it's a general area/sub province as such. So 5km off Iwaki is what they are really trying to say.

Horrific numbers really.. imagine how much of that will be filtering up the food chain!? Imagine how bad it is 30km closer!
edit on 16/1/12 by GhostR1der because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

And you're also right - we cannot use it for an accurate estimation of temperatures; the calibration is not given, plus it is saturated on the buildings, leads me to think it does not have a wide scale of sensitivity in it's current setup.

I forgot about it snowing that day. Youre right, it wasnt much but definately would affect the earth temps with a layer of cold moisture, whether ice snow or a thin coating of water. But the rocks still throw me as they shouldnt be the hottest thing in the photo. Openings in the buildings should be. And I cant come up with a reason for that discrepancy. Ive been trying since first seeing this vid. Another discrepancy is the lack of heat from roofs (ie admin building etc). These should be hotter than anything outside as well.

It almost looks like a grayscale photo that has isolated one of the channels, colored it and then put it into b&w . Im beginning to think that the idea of a radioactive camera may not be new, (sorry J&C if true) and this is an early military version. But that raises a whole series of other discrepancies or head scratchers.

The key question to me is why did the military scramble so fast when getting the news that there may be trouble at the plant. Four minutes to get something in the air is too short a time unless the US had this thing in the air to begin with. Why would the military focus so heavily on Dai-ichi. Or did they have military tracking Onagawa, Daini and Tokia as well.

All I can figure is that the UC exists and the US knows about it and was constantly tracking as soon as the SBO occurred.

When I first saw this vid I thought to myself, oh boy, thats going to take a while to figure out. Damn right on that one.

And behind it all are the dark areas on the east wall R2 R3 and R4, which from comparing to photos of R2 after the blasts shows the blow out panels location exactly, at least R2. And if those are the locations of the BOPs for R3 and R4 then why so dark.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

I could only find a shrine named Numanouchi. "Numa-no-uchi" means house in the pond and there is a shrine in Iwaki city named that. So Im guessing its a coastal section of Iwaki city.

Its now running hotter than Ena which has always been the hottest spot. Another heasd scratcher. Why would Ena lose an order of magnitude radiation in ocean soil, and Numanouchi gain an order of magnitude. I think understanding that would explain alot of whats still going on with Dai-ichi. But I dont.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...=14s

From 16 to 50 seconds in on the above link (thanks GR) the focus is on the southend complex.

Now if you were concerned with the reactors you would focus on the reactors. They zoom in on the southend complex (SC) however and stay there. 34 seconds spent shooting the SC and then almost as an aside it shows 6 seconds of R1 thru R4.

4 minutes after the first alert is posted to governments, the US military (Im assuming thats who shot this) is intent on finding out the condition of the SC.

Of course this could be a truncated version and probably is. But whoever leaked it leaked it for a reason. Hmmmm?

Curiouser and curiouser. I bet if we were to zoom in on this thing there would be a caterpillar sitting on top of a mushroom smoking a hookah somewhere. Or Waldo would be peeking out from one of the BOPs.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ive been meaning to ask. I havent come across a discussion in the early parts of this thread of the dry casket that was parked out front of R3 when it blew. Was that ever brought up in this thread.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Xe-135 Detected Unit 2, Half-life Nine Hours

www.tepco.co.jp...

Interesting article..."Xeon-135 for Dummies":
nuclearfissionary.com...

I wonder if this is a result of the extreme temp flux going on with Unit 2?

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

- Purple Chive
edit on 16-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Another "Puddle"...Surface Dose 5.5 msv/hr

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Air Dose Rate at Sea...Measured Jan. 6th

Wondered what the readings would have been right after Jan. 9th??

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Okay.. I think it's a language/translation issue. All the other points I can find, they are in Iwaki, south east most corner. There are many kanji? characters around that are not in english. I reckon it's one of them! Numanouchi is mentioned online in conjunction with benten river. I can find neither. However a prior measurement map radioactivity.mext.go.jp... mentions "Toyoma Fishing Port, Iwaki City (Numanouchi)".

Leads me to think it's a general area/sub province as such. So 5km off Iwaki is what they are really trying to say.

Horrific numbers really.. imagine how much of that will be filtering up the food chain!? Imagine how bad it is 30km closer!
edit on 16/1/12 by GhostR1der because: typo

Ghost and Z --- this might possibly be it, looks like a port when zoom on the G-earth map.

www.panoramio.com...

Sigh...just what is happening to all the water...fresh and ocean. Not long to go before more precious than gold.

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
These captures are from a video posted in Sept. www.youtube.com...

I personally dont recommend the vid as it shows cattle dieing and then makes one assume its from radiation instead of starvation or euthanization, which is the kind of fearmongering Human and others have been on about. There's plenty to be concerned about without trying to make people think that animals throughout Fukushima prefecture are falling dead on the spot from radiation.

But if one can get past that it has some interesting stuff in it, like the following.

And to think that Fukushima prefecture is cramming this stuff down the throats of kids without testing. heads are gonna roll.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Not that I can recall Z, but I may have missed it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
reply to post by zworld

Not that I can recall Z, but I may have missed it.

Thanks M. Ill post some stuff on it. The more I think about it the more questions pop up. It was a huge dry casket that was parked right in front of R3. Im going to go back over stuff because I dont think it was there in the beginning of the disaster, which means that after R1 blew they tried to get something out of R3 in a dry storage casket. What would that be. And then theres the truck with a crane that they moved into R4s truck bay when it blew.

They were busy getting stuff out of R3 and R4 when they blew. Why. More soon.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Good eye PC. I think we can safely assume at this point that criticality is still ongoing.

Im hoping someone can answer this and spare me having to go over to PF for brainiac abuse.
why are there different detection limits. Must be from different types of testing yes. But they dont show that do they? I dont get this.

Oops sorry. Yes they do state very clearly that one is a gas sampling and the other particulate. Never mind.
edit on 16-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

The Fukushima black box
A dangerous lack of urgency in drawing lessons from Japan’s nuclear disaster

There is a breathtaking serenity to the valley that winds from the town of Namie, on the
coast of Fukushima prefecture, into the hills above.

A narrow road runs by a river that passes through steep ravines, studded with maples.
Lovely it may be, but it is the last place where you would want to see an exodus of 8,000 people fleeing meltdowns at a nearby nuclear power plant.

Along that switchback road the day after the earthquake and tsunami on March 11th 2011,
it took Namie’s residents more than three hours to drive 30km (19 miles) to what they thought was the relative safety of Tsushima, a secluded hamlet.

What they did not know was that they were heading into an invisible fog of radioactive matter that has made this one of the worst radiation hotspots in Japan—far worse than the town they abandoned, just ten minutes drive from the gates of the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant.

It was not until a New York Times report in August that many of the evacuees realized
they had been exposed to such a danger, thanks to government neglect.

Mizue Kanno visits her home in Namie, Fukushima Prefecture on Oct. 1 to clean up.
She must wear a double-layered mask and carry a dosimeter. (Jun Kaneko)

Here is one such story, excerpted in part here.

Tsushima district in Namie, Fukushima Prefecture, is located in the mountains approximately 30 kilometers northwest of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, operated by Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO).

On March 12, the day after the nuclear accident, 10,000 people fled to the Tsushima District from the coastal area that lies within a 10-km radius of the nuclear power plant. Residents took people into their homes, since there was not enough room at the elementary and junior high schools, community centers and temples.

One after another, people began arriving at Mizue Kanno’s home throughout the day.
By evening, 25 people had gathered. Although many were relatives and acquaintances,
there were also strangers among them...

'I don’t know what happened at the nuclear power station, but if we evacuate this far,
then we should be OK.'

Everyone looked relieved for the moment...

Kanno, 59, cooked two pressure cookers full of rice and made an evening meal of rice balls and miso soup with pork and vegetables. People who fled with only the clothes on their backs assembled in the large room and began eating.

The pressure cooker Mizue Kanno used to make rice (Jun Kaneko)

Following dinner, everyone introduced themselves and formed rules for living together:

* To prevent the toilet from getting clogged, toilet paper should be thrown away in the cardboard box placed next to the toilet.

* Everyone should help cook and serve meals.

* Do not hesitate to be open with one another.

The people split into groups and slept in two rooms. Kanno handed out all the futons she had.

Then, Kanno stepped outside, where she noticed a white van that had stopped in front of her house. Inside were two men wearing white protective clothing. They turned toward her and shouted, but she couldn’t make out what they were saying.

'What? What’s the problem?' Kanno asked.

Why are you here? Please, get away from here!'

Kanno was shocked.

'Flee? But this is an evacuation shelter!

The two men got out of the car. Both were wearing gas masks.

'Radioactive materials are spreading!'

Kanno told others who had sought shelter in a nearby house about the men in protective clothing.

One laughed saying,

'I worked at TEPCO. The nuclear power plant we built could never be that dangerous.'

[color=7FFF00]At that time, readings at locations approximately 10 km from the Tsushima district using instruments measuring up to 30 microsieverts per hour were going off the meter.
more

[color=Cyan]As of 2003, Namie had an estimated population of 22,068 and was not searched for bodies until more than one month after the tsunami.
Namie, Fukushima, Japan

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 16/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: color

top topics

<< 1180  1181  1182    1184  1185  1186 >>

join