It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1167.htm
<< 1164  1165  1166    1168  1169  1170 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
TEPCO dissatisfied with panel's view of severe accident measures
(Mainichi Japan) December 27, 2011

mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnnews/news/20111227p2g00m0dm114000c.html

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Tokyo Electric Power Co. showed dissatisfaction Tuesday with a view suggested in an investigation report on the nuclear accident at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant that the utility should have taken precautionary measures to deal with severe nuclear accidents triggered by tsunami.

"It is not exactly right to say that we should have done so before March 11 (when the plant was hit by a huge earthquake and tsunami), although in hindsight the steps we had taken were not sufficient," a TEPCO official told a press conference, a day after a government panel released an interim report on its investigation.

Although TEPCO came up with a study in 2008 that tsunami over 10 meters high may hit the plant, the company justified its decision not to take immediate action because the figure was based on a "hypothetical calculation which did not have any scientific basis."

(...)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by utranyt
Ministry to buy up cesium-tainted rice from Fukushima Pref.
(Mainichi Japan) December 27, 2011

mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnnews/news/20111227p2g00m0dm078000c.html

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Farm minister Michihiko Kano said Tuesday his ministry will buy up rice from farmers in Fukushima Prefecture whose products mark radiation levels over 100 becquerels per kilogram in the wake of the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant, triggered by the March earthquake and tsunami.

The announcement of the support measure for farmers came after the health ministry proposed last week to lower the maximum allowable radioactive cesium level to 100 becquerels per kilogram from 500 becquerels for rice and other regular food items.

While the tougher standard is set to take effect in October 2012, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries will adopt it for the rice-purchasing program immediately to stabilize farmers' financial profile and isolate tainted rice to eliminate radiation concerns among consumers.

(...)

We are now living in a world where personal responsibility is out the window. Gone. This is an un-sustainable situation that will sink all governments world wide.

TEPCO should be buying the rice, hell TEPCO should be paying for everything. Why the hell is the government doing this and not forcing TEPCO to do it!!!?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The first press release on the 15th is a Daini one that all of a sudden 3/4s of the way through switches to a blurb from what should be a Daiichi post discussing hydrogen explosions. Then the other Daini releases all say the same thing.

I know of no other press release like these, and dont remember these from back in March. But my memory sucks so who knows. But they had a couple of press conferences that day and they were abuzz. It was the first time that journalists got miffed with Tepco at one of these.

And now all that is left is these Daini posts and one release/sentence about a fire in R4, and the messed up first one with the hydrogen explosion.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

Why the hell is the government doing this and not forcing TEPCO to do it!!!?

I think from this point forward Tepco for all extent and purposes is the Japanese government, and probably was all along to a certain degree, as the military in any country is the real ruler, and the Self Defense Forces have their fingerprints all over Daiichi.

The question here is how long can the government keep up the charade of having the resources to finish then Fukushima clean up. They dont, and when the resources run out does anyone for one second think Tepco or any other aspect of the nuclear mafia will come forward and say we will save the day and take care of everything. Sorry, that doesnt work in strictly capitalist/fascist society, as most are these days, no matter what they started out as.

When the resources run out, Fukushima will be roped off and become a no mans land as far as the eye can see. And the west coast of North America will eventually be more irradiated than Japan as the radioactive debris coming across the ocean will foul every inch of coastline from San Francisco CA to Juneau AK.

Where are the resources going to come from to cleanup this mess. No where. The destruction of the pristine beachs along our coast will be massive and they will never be the same. Areas like Southern Oregon, north and south of Tofino BC or the Lost Coast CA that are too rugged to even walk into will never be cleaned up. The Fukushima contamination will destroy our tourist industry, fisheries and recreational use of this beautiful coastline. This is a part of the nightmare that no one is even considering at this point.

Or should I say TPTB have considered it and then stuck their heads in the sand hoping they dont get any of the blame.

Personally I think its all too late. What we are doing here is nothing more than preparing data that will hopefully one day end up in international court, and put an end to the continued rush to build more nukeplants by bought and sold mothafuggers like Obama, Chu, Holdren, Amano, Noda etc etc etc.

Angry? Yeah Im angry. I can see the damage coming from thousands of miles away. Ive spent my life fighting to protect the northern California coast and now I fear its going to become an ugly contaminated wasteland.

In fact angry doesnt even begin to cover it.

V for Vendetta
edit on 27-12-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Some results from testing in Japan.
www.acro.eu.org...

Senior government officials earlier said Japan has begun discussing with the IAEA about the discovery of unaccounted-for or unreported enriched uranium and plutonium in large quantities of nuclear waste disposed of by Japanese facilities.
mdn.mainichi.jp...

Hey AC... excellent links, scary stuff. Didnt' know this guy from Japan was the General Director of IAEA now. Its' from your second link at the bottom:

Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency, IAEA, Yukiya Amano from Japan, speaks during a news conference after the first meeting of the IAEA's board of governors at the International Center, in Vienna, Austria, Monday, Sept. 12, 2011. (AP Photo/Ronald Zak)

So, I guess with the "International Atomic Energy Agency" being headed up by someone from Japan, we will all get the real scoop now? Maybe it's just me, I have been away and am surely behind the curve...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Some new news from Chris Busby

And some old news from March 15th. I hadn't realized they had admitted stuffing the #4 reactor with spent fuel. This explains our explosion in the North-east corner and probably our N wall.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was posting on another thread about security systems, and thought of something.

TEPCO has never released any videos from their surveillance systems. They have got to have had cameras in the entire place, and most network gear has UPS systems, so they wouldn't die after the power went out.

Those images and vids would be an excellent source of information!!

I don't recall any questions submitted to them about videos either.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Merry Happy Christmas (Im not late, Im earrrrly, earrrrly) and have a great new year. Finally something to really cheer about on the nuclear front. www3.nhk.or.jp...

Fukushima tells TEPCO no more nuclear plants

The Fukushima governor has told the president of Tokyo Electric Power Company that the prefecture will request that all nuclear plants in Fukushima be decommissioned.

Governor Yuhei Sato met with TEPCO President Toshio Nishizawa in Fukushima on Tuesday. It was their first meeting since Nishizawa assumed the president's post in June.

Nishizawa said he visited the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant on Monday and instructed staff to ensure safety by keeping the reactors stable and preventing further release of radioactive substances.

He added that TEPCO is expediting its compensation payments.
Governor Sato explained the prefecture's intention to request all nuclear plants in Fukushima be shut down.

He said Fukushima hopes to build a society which doesn't rely on nuclear power. He added that many children have been forced to evacuate their homes and urged Nishizawa to think deeply about the current hardship of the Fukushima people.

Nishizawa had no comment on the decommissioning issue.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Chris Busby tells RT "who airs it" that recent Xe - 131 emissions show us fissioning is still going on in there somewhere. Thank you Chris, Russia Today, and Aircooled. God I hate this thread... keep it up guys.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

What the hell?

Tepconese:

At 11:00 am on December 27, regarding the water injection into the reactor core of unit 2, for the purpose of preparation of commissioning of water injection pumps for diversification, water injection rate from feed water system was adjusted from approx. 2.8 m3/h to 2.0 m3/h, from core spraying system was adjusted from approx. 6.0 m3/h to 7.0 m3/h.

www.tepco.co.jp...

And latent accolades Ghost - great job in contacting Nucklechen!! Nucklechen's been doing a stupendous job - and love his intermittent vids of his kitties!!

- Purple Chive

edit on 27-12-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
March 13th before #3 blew. I bumped up the contrast a bit because it looks like they all have a little steam coming out. I can't tell if the FBB looks any different.

Also, I know we've talked about this blown West side truck entrance at #4 before, but when you start thinking about it as more evidence of an underground blast it seems more important.. Here we see the walls blown out on both sides and the morons have stood them up to hide the damage. It is below our 5th floor ejection and our elevator shaft is just to the right. Our blue freight shaft is straight through the truck entrance Did any of the other reactors have this damage? I don't think so but I'll check.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
March 13th before #3 blew. I bumped up the contrast a bit because it looks like they all have a little steam coming out. I can't tell if the FBB looks any different.

The black spot near the northeast corner of the FBB is mirrored on the other side as well (northwest corner) and these appear after the EQ but before the tsunami. Ill dig up the pic. Maybe a fire after the EQ in that section. Dont know.

Also, I know we've talked about this blown West side truck entrance at #4 before, but when you start thinking about it as more evidence of an underground blast it seems more important.. Here we see the walls blown out on both sides and the morons have stood them up to hide the damage. It is below our 5th floor ejection and our elevator shaft is just to the right. Our blue freight shaft is straight through the truck entrance Did any of the other reactors have this damage? I don't think so but I'll check.

We're on the same page AC. Just going over this one myself. I dont think they ever blew completely away from the building. Check the piping or whatever it is that runs vertically up the wall sections. I think these are holding these in place.

Ive gone over this pic so many times. There's something there but i don't know what yet. Its that same almost a blast effect but not totally. Cant make out what its trying to say. A weird one.
ON EDIT: Ill have to go over it again. I cant tell if those pipes were there or added afterward as you surmise to hold them up
edit on 27-12-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
God I hate this thread... keep it up guys.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hey now... West Coast Rad Sponge here, filtering at the breath rate of humanity.
Finally found someone else that has a similar idea to what I think actually happened when #3 went up.

Link to his report on YouTube:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
R4 Northwest Corner Fire and Stages of Damage

AC, this is why I now agree that R4 had multiple explosions/expulsions. In fact it may have been going off for a day and a half.

When I recently heard references to the northeast corner as the scene of the fires in R4 something didn't click, so I did a records search. Thats why I came across the March 15th press release oddity. But it doesnt matter if they exist or not because the data that was in them is reported by other agencies and still available, as well as numerous later Tepco status reports.

Here's what I found. The fires were both in the northwest corner of R4, not the northeast corner as a handful of reports from the 15th, and numerous later articles claim.

Even more interesting, there is no mention of an explosion at R4 at all in the official records till later in the day. There are isolated articles that mention Edano saying "explosion" and fire at R4 but this I believe was late on the 15th. During the day of the 15th Japan time, all that is discussed is the explosion at R2 and the fire at R4. This was after the sun had come up and R4 was illuminated for all to see. As you will see below, it does not appear that R4 was severely damaged at first, and may have under gone multiple explosions and/or expulsions over the next 24 hours, when the first sat photos appear.

The mystery surrounding this day grows exponentially with each stone turned. The most important thing it seems was to go with the earliest verified data I could find, and from there piece together what most likely occurred. During this process I found it very important to understand time zones. Data from Japan would be in local time (JTC), data from the IAEA in UTC, data from NRC or France in either local time or UTC etc.

What is known for sure, is that on the morning of the 15th at approximately 6:00 JTC, there was a loud explosive sound that was said to have come from R2, and at the same time a fire, missing panels and a section of damaged roof was reported in the northwest corner of R4. Also reported was a massive increase in radiation both inside and outside of R4, with a corresponding increase of radiation at both the main gate and monitoring points.

Thats it. From there things go a million different directions. (In a later post Ill explain all the shenanigans that have gone on concerning this day since then but its a book in itself). Here are the basics as reported by NISA and local media from the data Tepco released through press releases and handouts on the 15th, as well as a Tepco press release from the 16th. Note that the Asahi Shinbun article specifically lists the time 12:00 which was a common time for a press release, but is referencing more than one press release as seen in their first quote. This is important as it shows that earlier in the day Tepco press releases talked only of fire.

Also note that the only damage reported at that time were "two 8-meter square holes on the building's northwest wall".

From Asahi Shinbun www.asahi.com... (in Japanese, 3:02AM Japan Time, 3/16/2011):

Repair workers cannot enter the Reactor No.4, which had an explosion [now they are saying it was an explosion, not just fire] due to highly elevated radiation level.

There are two 8-meter square holes on the building's northwest wall. When TEPCO went inside the building to measure the radiation on the 4th floor, it measured 400 milli-sievert (400,000 micro-sievert).

The storage pool is located on the 5th floor, but they couldn't not proceed from the 4th floor as the radiation was too strong.

Not just inside the Reactor No.4 but also outside, they measured 100 milli-sievert radiation. TEPCO's emergency workers cannot work for more than 1 hour in that radiation level without endangering themselves.

From EX-SKF via wakeupx www.wakeupx.com...

Cabinet Secretary Edano at that time said "explosion" of some sort at Reactor 4 on March 15, but the media report was focused on the mysterious "fire" that was spotted by a TEPCO employee who didn't bother to report to the local fire department (as he should have). The fire died down on its own, but then another fire flared up again the next day.

The initial report on the Reactor 4 incident was that one or two wall panels in the northwest corner of the reactor building were blown out, and there was some damage on the roof. It sounded minor.

To be continued

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Tepco press release handout from the 16th (page 16). www.tepco.co.jp... Note both fires were in the northwest corner. Also note the inclusion of "an explosive sound was heard" which may or may not have been in the original press releases from the 15th,

At approx. 6:00am, March 15, an explosive sound was heard and the damage in the 5th floor roof of Unit 4 reactor building was confirmed. At 9:38am, the fire near the northwest part of 4th floor of Unit 4 reactor building was confirmed. At approx. 11:00am, TEPCO employees confirmed that the fire was extinguished.
At approx. 5:45am on March 16, a TEPCO employee discovered a fire at the northwest corner of the reactor building. TEPCO immediately reported this incident to the fire department and the local government and proceeded with the extinction of fire. At approx. 6:15am, TEPCO employee confirmed at the site that there were no sign of fire.

From EX-SKF on the 16th concerning second fire ex-skf.blogspot.com...

#Fukushima I Nuke Plant: Reactor No.4 on Fire Again
From Nikkei Shinbun (7:01AM Japan Time, 3/16/2011) and others:

TEPCO announced that the fire broke out in the Reactor No.4 at 5:45AM. The fire is burning on the 4th floor, northwest side of the building.

TEPCO has notified the local fire department, and the effort to extinguish the fire is on-going.

The radiation level is too dangerously high to enter the building.

It is the same area that was on fire the day before (3/15/2011).

A TEPCO employee brought batteries to the central control room of the Reactor No.4, and noticed the fire on his way out the building.

I shudder to think how much exposure that guy went through.

This emphasis on fire damage and radioactive release continued for a few days, as is evident in this story written on the 19th for the Japan Times.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

The concerns expressed by Goto and CNIC staff at the FCCJ the previous day started to become even more real on Tuesday, March 15, when Fukushima's No. 4 reactor, which had been shut down for maintenance when the quake struck, caught fire — and then there was a small explosion at the No. 2 reactor that damaged the suppression chamber, which is connected to the pressure vessel containing fuel rods.

But around this time there was also a concerted effort to change the story to one that fit the picture, which by then showed that the SFP didnt catch fire and release untold amounts of radiation. Tepco began to highlight the fact that there had been an explosive sound from R4, setting up the stage for a hydrogen explosion doing the damage

www.tepco.co.jp... Plant Status of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (as of 11:00 PM Mar 22nd)

Unit 4 (outage due to regular inspection)
-Reactor has been shut down. However, at approximately 6 am on March 15th.
We have confirmed the explosive sound and the sustained damage around the
5th floor rooftop area of the Nuclear Reactor Building.
-On March 15th and 16th, we respectively confirmed the outbreak of fire at
the 4th floor of the northwestern part of the Nuclear Reactor Building.
We immediately reported this matter to the fire department and the
related authorities. TEPCO employees confirmed that each fire had already
died down by itself.

Personally Im beginning to think that there was multiple expulsions/explosions at R4 over a period of time (36 hours?), which is why most were evacuated from the plant.

So anyway, from the above we get a glimpse of what Tepco reported on the 15th and 16th, and from it we know the initial damage to R4 was where the effium/poolium was blown out from the 4th floor, near the northwest corner of the north wall. And the roof above this point was also damaged. In next post Ill tack the R4 damage and R2 and the weird radiation spikes together. Its a laugher.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted. From new Fairewinds vid with Maggie

[A] radioactive debris island twice the size of Texas is nearing Hawaii months before it was anticipated.

Residents on the west coast of the US and Canada were bombarded with radioactive hot particles that have also contaminated farms and some food sources in the US.

And, all the governments involved have been eerily quiet and stopped monitoring in many locations in order to protect sales and profit margins rather than lives.

What Maggie said.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Not sure if this was posted. From new Fairewinds vid with Maggie

[A] radioactive debris island twice the size of Texas is nearing Hawaii months before it was anticipated.

Residents on the west coast of the US and Canada were bombarded with radioactive hot particles that have also contaminated farms and some food sources in the US.

And, all the governments involved have been eerily quiet and stopped monitoring in many locations in order to protect sales and profit margins rather than lives.

What Maggie said.

Oh good zworld... Me heapum big west coaster... need LINK? NO info west coast, 'cept here.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
To add to the mysteries, it appears that only R2 had the blowout panel removed, (or so Tepco claims) and R3 and R4 didnt. If the FLIR clip is what it seems to be, and if those are the blowout panels already removed near the end of the clip, then a hydrogen blast may not have happened at R3 or R4. The following is from www.yomiuri.co.jp...

According to the draft of the interim report, a blowout panel installed at the upper part of the No. 2 reactor building opened accidentally after the No. 1 reactor's hydrogen explosion on March 12. The draft says a hydrogen explosion was avoided at the No. 2 reactor because a certain amount of hydrogen escaped through the blowout panel.

First thing that needs to be done is the location of the dark spot on the FLIR of R2 needs to be lined up with a shot of the blowout panel missing from R2. If these two line up exactly, I think its safe to say that the panels in R3 and R4 are missing as well.

Tepco wouldnt want this information to get out as it questions everything they've been saying. So how do we get this information out.

top topics

<< 1164  1165  1166    1168  1169  1170 >>

join