It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1163.htm
<< 1160  1161  1162    1164  1165  1166 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hullo all, on holiday now for a few days, got crazy busy for end of year. Seasons greetings to all.

What has been keeping me busy is semi thread related, something more for engineer types to think on. I've been designing high end luminaries with 50% efficiency gain over those cruddy energy saver bulbs, better light quality, no flicker and a lifespan that should see us not replacing the light sources for the rest of our lives, as long as the power supply doesn't fail (it's replaceable anyway..). Bad business model some will say, designing for function over designed obsolescence.. however it worked for Oakley! It's also something we need to do for our planet. If a majority utillised a similar design ideaology and technology (even from fluro lights) it would stave off building new plants for a long time indeed. Less nukes.. imagine a world where people looked for the solution in a different place - not build more power capacity but use much more it efficiently!

As Einstein said - “Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius-and a lot of courage-to move in the opposite direction.”

Found an interesting fukushima tidbit in a related movie - the lightbulb conspiracy; a film about planned/designed obsolescence, from engineers to cunning end users who subvert such a practice.
www.youtube.com...

Here is the interesting part:

This is an earlier G1-2 (brick) ipod battery. I had to replace mine on a G4 and I'm almost certain it is fukushima manufactured as well. I'll check when home in a few days.

As we started realising earlier on in the thread, the multiple reasons for the 30km zone - car factories, island cut in half if it extends out 100km or so, electronic factories etc. Well sonys' main battery plant which produced this battery is very close to fukushima, in the 40km range close..www.sonyenergy-devices.co.jp...
More covering ass no doubt. If any of these plants go offline (renault and nissan are in fukushima area too) then we are looking at further export hits and 'slower recovery'. Recovery in a heavily contaminated area/land is a bit of an oxymoron! How contaminated are these cars, batteries and other products?

I find it worrying the amount of symptoms reported in last few weeks, after the latest round of large cyclic spikes in criticality (the fire etc). I dont think many people knew about latest large recriticality, however the rad symptoms reported by quite a few have matched this time period exactly. Getting a little worrying about how bad it actually must have been. In 20 years time we'll probably be laughing at ourselves for underestimating it so much. If we make it

I found it quite hilarious that tepco put a beta blocking cover on the camera after we started investigating it more... everytime we stir something good up they react... very bad at covering up things really LOL. Also interesting that the gamma rays are picking up a bit and coming through the beta blocking cover.. only way they can stop them is by burying that camera in lead and steel. Not much use then eh!

Anyone finding the influx of new posters (that are being banned) into this thread recently a little unusual?

Excellent contributions by all, it has been a pleasure catching up on the thread.
edit on 22/12/11 by GhostR1der because: typ00s

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Anyone finding the influx of new posters (that are being banned) into this thread recently a little unusual?

Do you think this a real Persons?

I always think they look like a Program.

Maybe a Mod can give some Information?

Regarding the Factories and the Articles for the Export,
i am doing some Container Logistic Work in my Free Time to get some extra Money,
all the Articles for Export need to bring a Certification that they are free of Radiation,
i think to have Fear to get polluted by this Articles is baseless,
but this is only my Opinion

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Would be very hard for me to rule all of those lights/blotches out as lense flares. Some are definately not. And you are right, they do resemble the glowing orange early fuk/chernobyl objects, however I'm doubtful these would be in a state to do this by now. Cyclic recriticality influencing scattered fuel rod pieces? Data compression? More questions than answers!

All further info refers to YT video posted by AC (below is post link) pg 1161 www.youtube.com...

reply to post by Aircooled

Hi AC, the 2nd image is significantly more saturated, shows apeture being increased - letting more light in! This would reduce shadowing very easily. Good spotting though, something that looks funny could be something unusual. Rather have a boy that cried wolf than silence!
More answers for this weird video below in my response to Vince.

What I find most interesting about the video is not the exposure change but the 4 ships/boats out on the harbour. (or ufos floating by the cranes, take your pick!) Definately not whitecap waves, which can appear to look like ufos as they move on that camera. Perhaps they are testing seawater or planning to move more stuff at night. Dunno why they'd need 4 boats to test seawater... or why a fishing boat would go anywhere near.

Hi Vince, glad to see ya back in the business end of the thread

Originally posted by VinceH
1) The light is very cold in color temp (blue-ish); the sunlight color temp in the video is much warmer (orange-ish). I don't even know if "high noon" sun on a cloudless day would be that blue-white.

Colour temperature is highest in degrees kelvin around midday - it has the least amount of atmosphere to travel through. This means a more blue light. It is warmest (lowest in kelvin) as sun sets or rises as sun intersects a much thicker chunk of atmosphere and crud within. This means more red - like a sunset! Midday may be 5000-6000k (degrees kelvin), sun set 3000-2700k or less, atmospherics depending.

1) The background (ocean / infrastructure behind the reactor) doesn't "blackout" during the exposure change as I would expect.
2) The up-and-left movement is really strange. If it was a nuclear event with that velocity, we should see a shock wave / camera shaking / dust cloud. There isn't one.
3) The image shifts several times during the event.

1- Background would overexpose and saturate (become lighter) which is what we see.
2- 30km+ distance on a tele/zoom lense and it'll shake if a sparrow farts!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Do you think this a real Persons?

I always think they look like a Program.

Maybe a Mod can give some Information?

Regarding the Factories and the Articles for the Export,
i am doing some Container Logistic Work in my Free Time to get some extra Money,
all the Articles for Export need to bring a Certification that they are free of Radiation,
i think to have Fear to get polluted by this Articles is baseless,
but this is only my Opinion

You could be very correct! Didn't even cross my mind. Programs or bots being detected by methods which are not going to help this thread if they are discussed
I doubt the mods will comment but.. here's hoping! Thanks.

Very interesting regarding the certification. Do you know what tests are performed and how often (per thousand etc) is a product measured? I just hope it isn't a token but an actual effort. A semiconductor factory would filter all air extensively in clean rooms, just other factories I'm not sure. Airborne contamination is possible but likely a very very low level. Source material contamination though is a whole new ballgame.. recycled radioactive steel and aluminium has a very real possibility of being incorporated into products.

What is really concerning me is the exported cars that have been sitting outside in the rain/fallout. A few countries have refused them, Russia being one. New Zealand did some testing early on but I don't think so anymore. I'm going to ring the radiation lab when open and ask them about this, as new car contamination cases have surfaced recently.

I'm off for a well overdue sleep. Best wishes to all.
edit on 22/12/11 by GhostR1der because: bracket removal and ending. thanks for reading the edit tags ats

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I dug out a clean copy of the early north wall fly over in case someone wants some fresh screen caps.

And tripped across some newer footage.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Quick one on way to work

So the pics that Ektar posted were from this vid. Got it. Ill go back through the crypt tonight and look fior HD stills of this northeast corner.

And here is what I think is more effium. This area is still off limits, as far as I can tell the only spot along with the bottom of the 1/2 Exhaust stack.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I wish this old footage was clearer. I tried frame by frame. Anyway, it's #4 from another angle. March 18th, but I'll bet it was shot on the 15th or 16th.

As it buzzes past #4, have a look at the heat exchangers on the roof of the communal pool.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That's where I got the screen captures from that were just posted. However the original shot is different,
a large close up & then the poolium went missing from the wall as though they had cleaned it off
or removed the original photo. Thanks AC for re-posting the video...& to you Z for your explanations.

Glad you're back Ghost R....I will have to go back & view the video for possible UFOs....I guess I put the lights aside as Hot particles...since I'm learning everything from this post. Thank you for all your contributions.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I find it worrying the amount of symptoms reported in last few weeks,

Good to hear from you again GR. I worry too. There is so little known on the cumulative effect of constant low level irradiation that anything is possible. And the types of illness reported in Japan mirrors symptoms seen in the US in late spring. We'll probably never know the extent however as our protective governments arent protecting us, only big business, and big business doent want anyone to know the level of toxicity of anything they make money from.

I found it quite hilarious that tepco put a beta blocking cover on the camera after we started investigating it more... everytime we stir something good up they react... very bad at covering up things really

Thing I find interesting is the speed at which they react. We got them scared. But don't expect them to try and squash or say anything about the rumors of a weapons facility underground, like they do other so called rumors. they dont want it mentioned. Ever.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

ON EDIT: Never mind the below. Watching this vid you can see that there is an inversion layer occurring and the stuff coming out the east wall is the second column of steam, so there is no mystery column.

-----------------------------------------

AC, I noticed something I havent seen before. From the vid above, the last 30 seconds or so, these shots are found. Note how one of the 3 steam columns is coming from the 3rd or 4th floor and out the side of the east wall. Interesting. Does someone have an explanation, or plausible idea.

edit on 22-12-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Japanese mothers rise up against nuclear power

The women have pledged to continue their demonstration for 10 months and 10 days, traditionally reckoned in Japan as a full term that covers a pregnancy.

"Our protests are aimed at achieving a rebirth in Japanese society," said Chieko Shina, a participant, and a grandmother from Fukushima. "There is a need to change the way the authorities have run the country by putting economic growth ahead of protecting the lives of people." Experts view the ongoing protests as a landmark in Japan's fledgling social movements long consigned to the sidelines of a prosperous and hardworking society that puts a premium on achievement and success.

"The ongoing demonstrations symbolise the determination of ordinary people who do not want nuclear power because it is dangerous. There is also the bigger message that we do not trust the government any more," said Takanobu Kobayashi, who manages the Matsudo network of citizens' movements.

www.guardian.co.uk...

PS: The Japanese People are counting Pregnancy different so the 10 Month and 10 Days is right!

Public health fallout from Japanese quake

A “culture of coverup” and inadequate cleanup efforts have combined to leave Japanese people exposed to “unconscionable” health risks nine months after last year’s meltdown of nuclear reactors at the Fukushima Dai-ichi power plant, health experts say.

Although the Japanese government has declared the plant virtually stable, some experts are calling for evacuation of people from a wider area, which they say is contaminated with radioactive fallout. They’re also calling for the Japanese government to reinstate internationally-approved radiation exposure limits for members of the public and are slagging government officials for “extreme lack of transparent, timely and comprehensive communication.”
-------------------
Following the 1986 nuclear disaster at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in the Ukraine, “clear targets were set so that anybody anticipated to receive more than five millisieverts in a year were evacuated, no question,” Ruff explains. In areas with levels between one and five millisieverts, measures were taken to mitigate the risk of ingesting radioactive materials, including bans on local food consumption, and residents were offered the option of relocating.
Exposures below one millisievert were still considered worth monitoring.

In comparison, the Japanese government has implemented a campaign to encourage the public to buy produce from the Fukushima area, Ruff added. “That response [in Chernobyl] 25 years ago in that much less technically sophisticated, much less open or democratic context, was, from a public health point of view, much more responsible than what’s being done in modern Japan this year.”

www.cmaj.ca...

Former nuclear industry insider speaks out on lessons and disillusionment

The Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami that triggered an unprecedented nuclear crisis forced a former nuclear energy advocate from his home due to its proximity to the stricken nuclear power plant, leaving him disillusioned with an industry he had so willingly believed in.
---------------------
After the Fukushima disaster emerged, Kitamura says he was criticized repeatedly by his wife, who told him: "You were so sure that 'an accident on the level of the Three Mile Island accident would never happen in Japan.' I understand that you'd tried to warn the industry, but still." Kitamura says her words stung.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Casto, a NRC rep stated the following to NHK. (The quote is in the video) www3.nhk.or.jp...

Charles Casto told NHK on Wednesday that the true situation inside the reactors remains unknown.

“You can’t make a solid estimate until you know what the level of damage is inside the reactors.”

He also said Japanese authorities failed to provide appropriate information to the US government soon after the accident.

Casto said his team felt deep dissatisfaction with Japan for providing only limited information from a small number of engineers.

The day before Jaczko says Japan made the right decision and no more radiation will leak from the plant (while pleeing for information).

The above shows how little the NRC and Jaczko really knows. Jaczko should be arrested for endangering people, after saying that there is no chance for radiation moving offsite when he doesn't even know where the fuel is, oir what state it is in. There are people in Japan and around the world who will be influenced by his statement, especially if they were swaying one way or the other about cold shutdown. Noda and Tepco aren't trusted. But the NRC is to a much greater extent (though it shouldn't be).

Though anyone who returns home because of Jaczko's affirmation of a cold shutdown state and no more danger, and something bad does happen, should only blame themselves for believing the lies of the global nuclear mafia.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I seem to be a little sporadic in doing this, but up to page 1162 and some of page 1163 - this is the latest link directory. (sorry still have not got around to doing the html pages or images yet)

PDF list
Youtube & videos (Google have stopped the titles being read anonymously)
List of domains referenced
Full list of TEPCO Press Releases (not just Fukushima-related)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Unit 2 Sub Drain Cesium Level and HUGE DECREASE in Water Level Unit 2 Vertical Shaft!!

Going up pretty good again...
www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And no detailed release of Unit 2 Water Level or Pressure for three days...uhummm...

And notice this HUGE decrease in water level in Unit 2 Vertical Shaft!!!
www.tepco.co.jp...

December 21 readings:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Where did all the water go within a 24 hour period? Has anyone seen a report of deliberate transfer of water out of Unit 2?

As compared to December 17th levels:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Did find this little blurb:

From 1:57 pm on December 21 to 9:42 am on December 23, transfer of accumulated water was implemented from Unit 2 turbine building to the Centralized Radiation Waste Treatment Facility (Miscellaneous Solid Waste Volume Reduction Treatment Building [High Temperature Incinerator Building] and Process Main Building).

www.tepco.co.jp...

So another question...why did the water level suddenly increase 60 mm on Dec. 21 and they were able to pump out 68mm that quickly in 24 hours?

Suspicious folks...suspicious...
- Purple Chive
edit on 23-12-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Ive been keeping an eye on this stuff again, and Im finding the same thing when I tried to figure the water levels previously, the data are so convoluted that it was almost impossible to figure what they were doing. From day one of their water transfer game they have been making it as difficult as can be done to follow the water trail. They even now transfer from R2 to R3, then R3 to R4, then R4 to CWT, etc etc. It makes no sense and so Ive kinda placed it all with their rad readings, in the land of Oz. In other words I dont believe any of it and figure that there is a good amount that is funneled into ACs highway to R5/R6 discharge and watering of trees.

The stuff that is being stored in their tank farms is only the most contaminated, that which they know will raise concerns with readings at the discharge monitoring point. Which is still running 2 to 4 times hotter than the R1 thru R4 discharge monitoring point.

I think it's reflected in Tepco's original assessment of the most recent leak they found. Initially Tepco said it was entirely groundwater. Then they read here and other places that that would mean that the levels of contamination in the groundwater were astronomical, which is absolutely true. So they came out with explanation #2, it was mostly groundwater mixed in with some leakage from the highly contaminated Process Main Building basement water.

But when looking at the handout for this leak, that explanation seems to fall apart. Notice the level of the basement water as opposed to the level of the leaked water. If the leaked water was in communication with the basement water, they would be at similar levels, as water always seeks a level playing field. If the leak was small, then the pressure would push the water into the basement as it is a lower level, and not visa versa.

I think this is a case like so many other times where Tepco comes out and says something, then realizes that its incriminating and comes up with a whole other explanation that doesnt make sense (R4, R2 etc etc), or that the initial finding was a mistake and here is the real finding (Cl38, Xenon 135 etc etc).

They are hiding the reality of Fukushima every step of the way, and thats why I think that whenever they say something that turns out to be incriminating and then they change it, whatever they said in the beginning was probably closer to the truth. In the case of the most recent leak it was entirely groundwater and yes the groundwater is that contaminated. I of course believe alot of it is coming from down below, the thing that they are really trying to hide.
edit on 23-12-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Thanks for all of that Q. Its not easy work.

Ive also downloaded the entire threads of this and the PF forum, page at a time. They both take up a DVDs worth of data, and thats ALOT of data. So good on ya for your work.

edit on 23-12-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Former nuclear industry insider speaks out on lessons and disillusionment

The Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami that triggered an unprecedented nuclear crisis forced a former nuclear energy advocate from his home due to its proximity to the stricken nuclear power plant, leaving him disillusioned with an industry he had so willingly believed in.
---------------------
After the Fukushima disaster emerged, Kitamura says he was criticized repeatedly by his wife, who told him: "You were so sure that 'an accident on the level of the Three Mile Island accident would never happen in Japan.' I understand that you'd tried to warn the industry, but still." Kitamura says her words stung.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Kitamura worked for the JAIF and was basically an industry lobbyist. For him to say the following is very telling

"Having experienced a disaster of this magnitude, isn't it clear that nuclear power is not worth the economic cost? .....No matter how you look at it, it's going to be extremely difficult to make a convincing case for nuclear energy," says Kitamura.

Compare that to shills in America and France who are adamant that what happened at Fukushima can never happen there, that was what Kitamura said about Japan. And though the reality that nuclear power can not be justified has now dawned on Kitamura, it is still absent from the discussion anywhere in America. One need only look at the NRCs response to safety in America after the fuku disaster, or Obama and Chu's decision to push forward more nuke plants in the US. As the old saying goes, "stupidity is what stupidity does".

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
And now for another model. This time Japan is following "The AIG Model", which was a way to protect the holdings of the rich and powerful at the expense of the taxpayer. Have the government take over a business that is going to owe billions to corporations affected by its failings, insure that these corporations will receive the money owed, and put it all on the backs of the taxpayer.

People of Japan, have you had enough yet?

From EX-SKF, one of the last bastions of rationale thought.

This looks so familiar that I feel like I'm back in 2008.

Banks are happy, as the loans to TEPCO will be guaranteed by the national government - i.e. backstopped by the taxpayers. Bond holders are happy, as there will no headshave. Shareholders are happy because common stocks are not diluted, and the company will not go bankrupt if it is "nationalized".

TEPCO's corporate bonds are held widely by institutional investors as they have been considered safe, issued by a solid, profitable company, TEPCO. Not any more, but the large institutional investors, including Japan's Pension Fund, cannot suffer, can they?

TEPCO denies it is a "nationalization", but if it squawks like a duck and walks like a duck it is a duck. As if to celebrate the joyous occasion that it will be all paid by the Japan's current and future taxpayers, TEPCO has announced the increase in utility rates for both businesses and individuals.

So the Japanese people will be made to pay in multiple ways for TEPCO and the government: rate increase, increased cost of goods because of higher utility cost for the businesses, tax, and endless tax for decades to decommission the reactors and to decontaminate the highly contaminated Fukushima Prefecture.

TEPCO says "Please understand the difficult situation we're in" on their Japanese homepage. How about TEPCO understanding the difficult situation it has put the Japanese people in?

And just like the mortgage fraud and foreclosuregate, no one has gone to jail.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
From ENENEWS. enenews.com...
Koriyama 42.85 uSv/h. Thats insane. I know its from sand collected in a drain, and not quite the same, but this is still higher than radiation readings from April 10th at 4 of the 8 monitoring points around Fukushima's perimeter, and the West Gate.

60Km from the plant. Wow. Not good.

Please share. Save children.
On 23 Dec 2011, I measured radiation at Tsurumidan 2-chome, Koriyama city, Fukushima pref. Japan
The monitorinig place is 60 km from Fukushima Nuclear power plant, and located in housing area of Koriyama city.
The monitor indicates 1.16 micro Sievert per hour in air at chest hight, 5.35 on gargage net, 39.10 on road side sand, around drain outlet cover.
I am afraid that children’s lung may chatch the dust from this sand in dry and windy days

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Nucklechen Vid...Fuku 03/11/11

Human, can you translate what's on this vid?

Yup Z..."the ebb and flow"...it's interesting...and then some...

- Purple Chive

top topics

<< 1160  1161  1162    1164  1165  1166 >>

join