It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1122.htm
<< 1119  1120  1121    1123  1124  1125 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Oh,my old friend,the Savannah River Site,close to my hometown of Charleston,SC.
Let's take a peek into a few facts,shall we.

This report is the third in IEER's series of reports concerning threats to water resources from wastes dumped at nuclear weapons complex sites. 2 We chose to focus on the Savannah River Site (SRS) in South Carolina because waste management and disposal practices at SRS have created risks for future water resource integrity and have already led to severe contamination of the surface and groundwater onsite with radionuclides and hazardous chemicals. The site sits above the most important aquifer system in the southeast United States- -the Dublin-Midville Aquifer System (also called the Tuscaloosa aquifer)- -and borders the Savannah River, which provides drinking water, fishing, and recreation to residents in both South Carolina and Georgia

www.ieer.org...

Get plenty of bottled water.

No single report, including this one, can provide a comprehensive evaluation of the past contamination of the SRS site or of all the actual and potential threats that it poses to the surface and groundwater resources of the region. Such a study is well beyond the time and financial resources of IEER. We focus on the sources of radioactivity currently at SRS that pose the most serious threats to the environment, and especially to the water resources of the region.

We don't have the time or money to investigate this,they are a bunch of hicks anyways.

A bomb plant? Really ? And a cover up?
Tell me it's not so!!!!

We call our multi-media investigation The Bomb Plant. It tells how a secretive and little known government agency, dedicated to modernizing and safeguarding nuclear weapons, reaped billions of dollars in the name of nonproliferation. After DOE wasted billions of Stimulus Act dollars on environmental clean-up at the nation’s nuclear weapons facilities, especially SRS, NNSA took control to hide the problems.

www.dcbureau.org...

edit on 14-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I remember many moons ago that SRS was dumping the waste into the ocean off the coast there.
Trying to find that info,but it seems to be covered upped.
I know it happened because I remember the news stories about it and how upset I was about it some 20 years ago.

I thought this was kind of cool also.
Extremophiles discovered in one of the waste pools.
Can you imagine!

Scientists report finding a new species of radiation-resistant extremophiles inside one of the tanks. It was named kineococcus radiotolerans.[1][2]

en.wikipedia.org...

And if you are bored,for your reading pleasure,here is this.

alsos.wlu.edu...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Another great report from MsMilky. The Kindergarden footage is strangely disturbing. [Would you let your kid go back to this school? I wouldn't.] A good recap and a hint of Stuxnet thrown in.

On the Iodine being found throughout Europe, I have a question? Could that arctic hurricane that hit Alaska have acted like a big fan and sped up the jet stream?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
One more before I call it a night. Durango Colorado, 139 CPM.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Unit 2 Gas Sampling results - Nov. 14th.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Sub Drain Water levels: Unit 1 - 6

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

New TEPCO Footage

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Originally posted by Human0815

Can you see that Greenish Mint colored "S.o.m.e.t.h.i.n.g."???

Reactor 3. and 4. Emergency Valve!
(18.20 JST./ 06.20pm.)

Human - is this what you are referring to?

- Purple Chive

Do someone have a explanation for this play of colors?

Swamp-Gas?
Foggium?
Lens flare?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Americium and Plutonium everwhere but tepco says "It ain't ours!"
enenews.com...
And the PDF chart on ocean soil samples.
www.tepco.co.jp...
And high radiation in Tokyo has people puzzled. Why?
enenews.com... yo

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 2 Gas Sampling results - Nov. 14th.

PC, the first two pages (that dont have detections of the Xe's) state the location of the test. The last page that does show detections doesnt state a sampling location. You (or anyone) wouldnt happen to know why, or where it is from. Ill look into it if not.

Im pretty much figuring at this point Tepco is fudging all results, and reality is probably an order or two of magnitude greater. But the fact that there is any Xe-131m at this point shows recent criticality of some kind. If the numbers are an order or two greater than stated (and which they could be knowing tepco) that would indicate ongoing criticality according to Tepcos earlier press release.

One of the things that has ruined the PF forum for me is that the forum has been caged in to accept Tepcos numbers as valid, and thats all you analyze. "What if" is never asked. Big mistake.

Originally posted by Aircooled
enenews.com... yo

This blows apart the recent NRC assessment. According to the NRC, most of the release occurred prior to the 20th of March.

Little attention has gone to the rainfall that started in the morning of March 21 and lasted until early hours of March 23. The news [sic] study concludes that this round of precipitation dumped relatively large doses of tainted materials to a swath of land much farther away from the plant that covered parts of Tochigi, Saitama, Chiba prefectures and Tokyo. [...]

edit on 15-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I know we are all wondering if #2 has a hole in the south side, This looks like the area where the trees are being cut down. I'm not sure if this puts the whole thing to bed because we can't see the complete bottom of #2 but I think I was wrong. It looks ok here.

A few ft of interesting film off Japanese news.
www.youtube.com...

Good call AC. For a second I was thinking that the dark stack looking thing might be blocking a hole, but this shot confirms your assessment.

Interesting shot of R4 showing that steam is eating away roof beams. Salinity. Radioactivity?

And can anyone identify this. Top of reactor well? Its from one of the recent released old vids.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I was looking throught the cryptome pics of the 4th floor of unit #4 and noticed this dark corner on the right.

So I zoomed and brightened.

According to the map the camera is facing east. The blue arrow is where I think this round object might be. Apologies, if it's nothing.

I also marked the spot where the floor was pushed down.
Z, could this be the same spot from above? July 2 #4 fuel pool. pic and film.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Wow. No idea whatsoever. I wonder if they have that on a video. Most of the stills Im finding have been from vids like the ones previously unreleased. Ill check that stack.

Ive been finding some interesting stuff in the vid collection. In the early R4 sfp sampling vids radiation can be seen attacking the lens with flashes. But this is something different. Would like to see vid.

I was looking throught the cryptome pics of the 4th floor of unit #4 and noticed this dark corner on the right.

It doesnt appear to be lens distortion as the metal edges of the piping dont seem to be overlayed. Hard to say. Vids the key.
edit on 15-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Another early puzzle concerning R4 that may be solved with the addition of the UC.

the blasts in R1 (Metal siding) and R3 (concrete/rebar like R4) the walls blew out. In some areas of R4 the walls were blown out where they interfaced with the support beams, but not where it was just wall.

Theory. To me this says that the blast was very shortlived, and a distance from the building. Underground.
the damage from the blast was both the walls being vibrated as well as the blast expulsion. And the energy was somewhat diminshed by the time it exited to the point that roof beams and wall sections were left in place, and there wasnt alot of heat generated.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that July picture of the pool and reactor well matches yours, Z. These pics show the center N,S wall blown out. That's why there is so much daylight shining in by the reactor well. The 5th floor. According to the map we are looking NW, standing beside the pool/reactor well on the right. The elevator shaft would be behind this mound on the left. You can see the yellow reactor cap in the top right corner beside that raised platform. I'm no expert but I'd say that this explosion came from below, bigtime. We know there was more than one. I'd like to see pics of the inside walls of the elevator shaft. If my bearings are wrong, let me know.

A zoom on the cap.

The map.

In this pic taken in approx. the same spot, you are now looking N along the blown center wall. I see a pool or well to the right below the beam. The reactor cap would be to our left.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
We seem to be in sync tonight.....so what do you think? A match?...west wall of 4.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Anti-nuclear mood melts Tepco’s hopes of normality

Before the disaster, Tepco was a pillar of Japan’s business establishment, with a virtual monopoly over generating and distributing the electricity used by the world’s biggest urban conglomeration.

Its position brought it annual revenues exceeding Y5,000bn ($65bn) and net profit of Y133.8bn and matchless political power. Today, Tepco is a ward of the state – effectively bankrupted by liability claims but kept in business by a rescue scheme that shifts to taxpayers the up-front costs of cleaning up Fukushima prefecture and compensating victims of the catastrophe, including more than 100,000 people who have been forced from their homes.

www.ft.com...

MHI begins equipment installation work at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) has begun installation of radioactive waste storage facility equipment at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station in Japan. The move will deliver a facility to temporally store radioactive waste (sludge) generated in the processing of radiation-tainted water.

Tokyo Electric Power, the operator of the power station, is taking several measures towards restoration after the accident at the plant caused by a devastating earthquake and tsunami in March. Reactors are now being cooled by circulating water that is treated by radioactive substance removal and desalination processes. MHI said the sludge storage facility will include sludge storage tanks, a system to process off-gas from the sludge storage tanks, a ventilation and air-conditioning system, a control system and utility facilities.

nuclear.energy-business-review.com...

Study shows nuclear crisis may have polluted wider areas of Japan

Radioactivity from a damaged nuclear plant may have contaminated wider areas of Japan than previously thought, a study by a team of researchers showed Tuesday. Radioisotopes of elements including caesium, tellurium and iodine were blown more than 500 kilometres from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, including to the northern island of Hokkaido and western parts of the country, the team said.

[url]http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/asiapacific/news/article_1675220.php/Study-shows-nuclear-crisis-may-have-polluted-wider-areas-of-Japan[/ur l]

edit on 16-11-2011 by Human0815 because: format

edit on 16-11-2011 by Human0815 because: photo

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Americium and Plutonium everwhere but tepco says "It ain't ours!"
Have you considered that they may be telling the truth this time and it could be some other nulear power plant spewing radiation too. Do they mean that it is not Tepco's radiation(not either Daiichi or Daini) or do they mean that it is not Daiichi's radiation? (in which case it could come from Daini perhaps?)

Which way is the wind blowing recently and look to that direction.

No-one liked my heavy water suggestion then?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Thats an interesting pic. Is that thing leaning over or is it just the angle of the photo.

---------------------------

I think your right AC. The thing I dont understand about the circle pool I posted is that its under water, and I cant understand why the reactor well would be buried in water when its empty. But I havent been able to identify anything else that would be that large and circular. But it doesnt seem large enough. Plus I dont see the bolt holes that should ring it for the cap.

The reason I brought it up is I found an old press release that talks about pumping water into R4s reactor well, and I couldnt understand why they would do this.

Originally posted by qmantoo

No-one liked my heavy water suggestion then?

I started to look into it Q but got side tracked. Will have more time tonight.
edit on 16-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Radiation dose 1st floor R3

www.tepco.co.jp...

what is the white powder thats everywhere. And check out the radiation spots on the film. That area is still very hot, over 1 seivert in some areas.

edit on 16-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1119  1120  1121    1123  1124  1125 >>

join