It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1110.htm
<< 1107  1108  1109    1111  1112  1113 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Since when we have this Hole "in" our Plant?

Is this very new?
I never realized it, strange

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I dont think it is a hole Human.

And I see what you mean about Mochizuki and Fukushima Diary. He tends to exaggerate. Both that site and ENENEWS can be over the top. thats why I like EX-SKF.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Z I was going to ask you the same question about that dark spot on your photo.
I also noticed from the Live Cam that there is still alot of "Black Smoke" & etc coming up out of the ground
around the Cat Walk area & up through the bushes.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Honestly, what do they have to gain if they did that?

The oceans would become contaminated, potentially massive die off of sea life leading to possible human extinction which would result in all sides losing

Greetings:

Perhaps this will interest you also:

The oceans would become contaminated ...

Tuna fish from Pacific Ocean is Radioactive -- Contaminated by
Fukushima Nuclear Fallout

Please view the video and pass it along.

... massive die off of sea life ...

click

... leading to possible human extinction ...

Japan gov’t finds 165 locations over wide area with cesium-137 exceeding Chernobyl evacuation levels —Data shows radiation could be 'spreading to other areas'

The first comprehensive survey of soil contamination from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant showed that 33 locations spread over a wide area have been contaminated with long-lasting radioactive cesium, the government said Tuesday.

The survey of 2,200 locations within a 100-kilometer (62-mile) radius of the crippled plant found that those 33 locations had cesium-137 in excess of 1.48 million becquerels per square meter,
[color=limegreen]the level set by the Soviet Union for forced resettlement after the 1986 Chernobyl disaster.

Another 132 locations had a combined amount of cesium 137/134 over 555,000 becquerels per square meter, the level at which the Soviet authorities called for voluntary evacuation
and imposed a ban on farming.

[...] the latest data point to the possibility that [color=Chartreuse]cesium could also be washing away and spreading
to other areas, potentially contaminating rivers, lower-lying land and the ocean. [...]

Japan Times Column: 'As the public – possibly worldwide – sickens over time,
the truth will leak out' about Fukushima

’Regardless, the awful truth is: ‘We Japanese don’t lie. We just don’t tell the truth.’

[color=salmon]This is not sustainable.

Post-Fukushima Japan must realize that public acceptance of lying got us into this radioactive mess in the first place.

For radiation has no media cycle.

It lingers and poisons the land and food chain.

Statistics may be obfuscated or suppressed as usual.

[color=Chartreuse]But radiation’s half-life is longer than the typical attention span or sustainable degree of
public outrage.

And this:

So far, the FDA said that every piece of seafood that has been imported to the United States is safe.
source

Right.

More specifically, an FDA spokesperson told ABC News that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement "is screening everything from Japan."

However, screening does not entail testing all the seafood.

In fact, the [color=salmon]FDA inspects less than 2 percent of seafood, according to Winona Hauter, executive director of Food & Water Watch.

"FDA couldn't possibly with existing staff test all of the food that's being imported," Hauter said. "They inspect less than 2 percent of seafood. Their resources are really stretched."

... Offshore from the Fukushima plant, the seawater is now testing at levels off the charts --
7.5 million times more radioactive than the legal limit.

"I can't go out to fish because of the radiation," one Japanese fisherman told ABC News.
"I cannot do anything."

Independent: Why Fukushima is worse than Chernobyl; ‘Now the truth is coming out’ — 72,000 times worse than Hiroshima & 1 million+ cancer deaths, says professor
Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 3/11/2011 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This isn't the first time nuke waste has been dumped in the ocean, but is by far the worst...

en.wikipedia.org...:Lost_nuclear_submarines

Just saying, unless you literally grow your own food, in a completely enclosed environment, it's Russian Roulette any time you eat something...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
More possible ejection.

And the link.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
CSIS think tank report

Partnership for Recovery and a Stronger Future: Standing with Japan after 3-11

PDF

csis.org/publication/partnership-recovery-and-stronger-future

related(audio, ...)
csis.org/multimedia/audio-partnership-recovery-and-stronger-future-standing-japan-after-3-11
csis.org/event/partnership-recovery-and-stronger-future-standing-japan-after-3-11

U.S. think tank calls for radiation exposure survey on Fukushima

WASHINGTON, Nov. 3, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/11/124106.html

U.S. think tank the Center for Strategic and International Studies on Thursday unveiled a set of proposals for rebuilding Japan from the March 11 earthquake and tsunami disaster, including a call for a health survey on long-term radiation exposure in the wake of the nuclear accident triggered by the disaster.

In a report titled "Partnership for Recovery and a Stronger Future," the think tank called for establishing an "independent panel of U.S., Japanese, and other experts to address the health implications of low-dose, long-term radiation in Japan in order to bring benefits to both Japanese citizens and the larger world community."

The think tank also recommended creating a "U.S.-Japan Joint Commission on Fukushima" to investigate the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant.

"A bilateral, public-private commission to streamline synergetic efforts by the U.S. and Japanese private sector would greatly benefit Japanese efforts, but also allow both countries a more structured way of digesting lessons learned from Fukushima and implementing actions needed to improve the safe operation of nuclear power plants in the United States, Japan, and around the world," the report said.

Japan's largest business lobby, the Japan Business Federation, known as Keidanren, also took part in drafting the proposals.

The report called for establishing Special Economic Zones in the disaster-hit Tohoku region to promote economic recovery.

A strategy for such zones that "prioritizes private-sector-led job creation in the region and which overrides strong sectionalism among and between central and local governments can attract investment that the citizens and governments in Tohoku clearly want," it said.

The report also called for strengthening the legislative authority of the soon-to-be-established Reconstruction Agency.

In light of the fallout from the nuclear accident, the report also highlighted the importance of promptly drafting a long-term energy strategy.

Copyright 2011 Kyodo News

edit on 3-11-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

*JUST IN* Japan Times: It is now a “grave situation” at Fukushima — “Plutonium fission” mentioned for first time — “Criticality is very likely to have occurred”

“Clearly the reactor has not yet been stabilized,” and, according to the Times, “The fact that Tepco cannot deny the possibility of criticality irrespective of its scale is a grave situation.” And the article notes, “Conditions are similar in the Nos. 1, 2 and 3 reactors.”

enenews.com

This trickle out of news hasn't gone too well for tepco, msm reporting it left right and centre.. the cyclic re-criticality we have been speaking of since the beginning is being proven beyond a doubt. Oh how I do wish we were all wrong - all the lego blocks are clicking into place.
edit on 3/11/11 by GhostR1der because: formatting

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You peeps rock!
Everytime I come on here ,I post it on all the news sources.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Finally, people are starting to get it. An excellent editorial.
mdn.mainichi.jp...

The gas inside the containment vessels of the Fukushima plant's No. 1 and 3 reactors has not yet been analyzed. The government and TEPCO should carry out similar examinations of the inside of their containment vessels as soon as possible to check for nuclear fission occurring in them.

More than these individual measurements, however, what is needed is a system that constantly monitors the conditions of all the nuclear reactors at the plant. Officials should consider equipment that can detect neutrons, as they can be used as a direct indicator of whether criticality has occurred.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Radioactive Rice Straw Headache for Japan Disaster Areas

jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2011110300560

Tome, Miyagi Pref., Nov. 3 (Jiji Press)--Work to dispose of radiation-tainted rice straw has stalled in Miyagi and other eastern and northeastern Japan prefectures, as local authorities are finding it difficult to secure temporary storage sites in the face of concerns among citizens.

A large part of such radioactive rice straw has still been kept at the premises of local livestock farms. Rice straw is used as livestock feed.

According to the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Ministry, a total of an estimated 7,200 tons of such rice straw are in eight prefectures. The rice straw has been polluted with radioactive substances emitted from Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant, which was damaged by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

While the ministry allows rice straw with relatively low concentration of radioactive cesium to be incinerated, straw containing more than 8,000 becquerels of cesium per kilogram needs to be kept at temporary storage sites until final disposal methods are decided. Local authorities are allowed to set the period of temporary storage at their own discretion.

Some 2,200 tons of tainted rice straw exist in Tome, Miyagi, which has a number of livestock farms.

Forty-four greenhouses are necessary for the storage of the rice straw in the city, but only 14 have been secured. For the 30 other greenhouses, construction will take a long time, an official of the Tome municipal government said, citing opposition from local residents.

Tome, which has set the period of temporary storage at a maximum of two years, held a briefing session at a candidate storage site in the city in September. But many participants voiced opposition.

Mitsuko Chiba, a 61-year-old farmer in Tome, said, "I'm afraid I could be exposed to radiation," adding she is concerned that the rice straw could be left unattended even after the maximum temporary storage period of two years passes.

In the face of strong opposition, the city has withdrawn its greenhouse construction plan.

Fukushima Prefecture, south of Miyagi, has been unable to find a place to store some 1,500 tons of radioactive rice straw, while a provisional site has yet to be secured in Ichinoseki, Iwate Prefecture, north of Miyagi, where two-thirds of tainted straw in the prefecture exist.

Final disposal of the radioactive rice straw will also be a problem for these municipalities.

An official of Tome called on the central government to take charge of final disposal, saying that concentration of radioactive substances will increase by 10 times if the rice straw is incinerated.

(2011/11/03-21:54)

Copyright Jiji Press LTD.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Unit 2 RPV Pressure, Unable to Stabilize

Now back up to 118...after gas contraption put in had gotten it down to 112.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Gov't to compile detailed radiation map in Fukushima

TOKYO, Nov. 4, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/11/124231.html

The Environment Ministry said Friday it will launch a detailed survey and compile a map on airborne radiation levels in parts of Fukushima Prefecture most affected by the ongoing nuclear crisis, with the aim of collecting data for use when drawing up decontamination measures.

Monitoring work will begin Monday in the village of Iitate in the prefecture and continue through February, covering mainly residential areas in the no-entry zone within a 20-kilometer radius of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant as well as other designated evacuation areas with relatively high radiation levels.

For schools and parks as well as fields and woodland located near villages but inaccessible by road, measurements will be taken at an altitude of around 50 meters by unmanned helicopters or on the ground by 10 pairs of workers traveling on foot. Meanwhile, monitoring vehicles will travel along roads in residential areas and suburbs.

The ministry plans to compile the distribution map at 100 meter intervals. It also expects to provide an interim report in December on the survey results and a final report in March.

Radioactive substances are still being released by the plant operated by Tokyo Electric Power Co., which has been crippled since the March 11 earthquake and tsunami. Many residents of nearby areas remain unable to return to their homes.

The survey will be conducted as the government steps up efforts to reconstruct Fukushima, including cleaning up contaminated residential areas.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Unit 2: TEPCO release...Lots of Info

Page 8:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Unit 2: Still Trying to Get Hydrogen Under Control

Cranking up the Nitrogen injection...

Hydrogen concentration in the exhaust gas of the gas management system of Unit 2 primary containment vessel was increased from 2.7% (at 6:10 pm, October 30, when the last change of the amount of nitrogen filling) to 2.9% (at 4:30 pm, November 3). Therefore, at 4:50 pm that day, the amount of nitrogen gas filling was adjusted from approximately 21 m3/h to 26 m3/h so that hydrogen concentration in the exhaust gas does not exceed inflammability limiting concentration (4%).

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Is this very new?

They opened up a hatch in Unit 1:

At 1:35 pm on November 4, we started sampling both at an opening hatch for equipment and at an entrance for large stuff in Reactor Building. At 2:35 pm on the same day, the sampling finished.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Originally posted by Human0815

Is this very new?

They opened up a hatch in Unit 1:

At 1:35 pm on November 4, we started sampling both at an opening hatch for equipment and at an entrance for large stuff in Reactor Building. At 2:35 pm on the same day, the sampling finished.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Sounds plausible for me

Thanx

Here not so many News, all is covered!
Yesterday the Quake was very strange again,
the first Thing i done was to check the Plant, nothing else matter at that moment!
This makes me very sick because this is not me anymore, this is pure Fear.
(The Monkey-Mind vs. My Self)

Maybe i should let it go, too big is the influence into my daily Life,
i cant focus even on the Radiation itself, only the physical Body
get my whole attention!

Yada, Yada

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Shareholders eye 1.1 tril. yen suit against 60 TEPCO directors

TOKYO, Nov. 4, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/11/124232.html

Some 30 shareholders of Tokyo Electric Power Co. are set to file a lawsuit against about 60 current and former directors of the utility, demanding that they return a total of 1.1 trillion yen to the company as their negligence in safety resulted in the nuclear crisis at its Fukushima Daiichi power plant, sources familiar with the matter said Friday.

The demanded amount is the same as the estimated loss the company, known as TEPCO, announced in August in connection to the nuclear accident caused by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

The shareholders, who are calling for abandoning nuclear power generation, will first ask TEPCO's auditors later this month to sue some 60 board members over the past 20 years, including incumbent chairman Tsunehisa Katsumata, to have them return the sum to the company, the sources said.

If the auditors fail to do so within 60 days, the shareholders will file a suit to make the directors be accountable.

A TEPCO official in charge declined to comment before a suit is actually filed.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
And closer to home

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Strontium 90 Levels: Holy Crap Batman!!

June 13th North Water intake Canal: Sr-90 = 40

www.tepco.co.jp...

October 10th North Water Intake Canal: Sr-90 = 250

www.tepco.co.jp...

Looks like Sr-90 levels the highest they have ever been detected:

June 13: Sr-90 = 40
www.tepco.co.jp...

July 11: Sr-90 = 170
www.tepco.co.jp...

August 15: Sr-90 = 150
www.tepco.co.jp...

September 12: Sr-90 = 92
www.tepco.co.jp...

October 10: Sr-90 = 250
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 4-11-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1107  1108  1109    1111  1112  1113 >>

join