It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1095.htm
<< 1092  1093  1094    1096  1097  1098 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
Regards plutonium, et al being "heavy" thus sinking in the atmosphere and falling out on land and in the sea:

The long and short of all of this is that when we talk about the weight of these elements being “heavier” we are discussing atomic weight not physical weight. If a particle is small enough it will easily become airborne and be carried where ever the wind blows.

Thank you very much,
after i thought the whole evening about Plutonium
and the knowledge that we had even before F'Shima a Plutonium Radiation
because of the Nuclear Tests i came "closely" to the same conclusion.

But i do not knew that there is a difference between a Physical and a Atom Weight

This Neptonium is also "very mobile" according to some pages!

Arigato Gozaimasu

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Radioactive Isotopes vs. Mad Cow?...

Ten years no mad cow...
www3.nhk.or.jp...

Japanese Deer/Boar...
fukushima-diary.com...

The irony...

- Purple Chive

edit on 17-10-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Always a great report, MsMilky
www.youtube.com...
And the latest from Lucas Hixon, with more on the steel plates.
enformable.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Why is the Pressure of Unit 2 Primary Containment Vessel Rising?

10/01 - 110
10/08 - 112
10/11 - 115
10/12 - 116
10/13 - 117

Second page of this pdf... D/W pressure...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And then synopsis data, Unit 1 and Unit 3 very consistent...just Unit 2 seems to be increasing....why?
www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Radioactive Isotopes vs. Mad Cow?...

Ten years no mad cow...
www3.nhk.or.jp...

Japanese Deer/Boar...
fukushima-diary.com...

The irony...

- Purple Chive

Some Prion diseases are thought to be linked to radiation induced mutations in DNA and certain proteins (keeping in mind prions themselves are highly resistant to radiation). These prions are then ingested by animals and people. Mad cow = prion disease. Do you think that there might be a connection between mad cow in UK turning up in Chernobyl fallout hot zones? Nah. Coincidence is all.

More

Bio-accumulation in this context is not a happy collective.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

PC, thanks for posting that. I have been trying to understand how the trench and basement water levels relate to the amounts that have been produced from all sources (cooling, rainfall and groundwater/seawater intrusion) and its impossible. however I have been noticing some trends that may prove important. A good example is found in this handout.

R2 and R3 where built to the same specs, at the same depth, with the same infrastructure (torus, tunnels etc). Currently they are receiving the same amount of water added (roughly), and they were both under going water transfer from the T/B to centralized waste. (first two figures).

Why then does the R3 trench and basement water drain so much quicker than the R2 area.

Worth noting anyway.

ON EDIT: This very well could be where its going. Check out this clip from a recent pdf from Tepco. Rads are pretty much the same everywhere in the quay except inside the silt fence for R3, meaning they must be coming from the plant, and specifically R3. R3 is leaking radiated water into the quay somewhere near the intake line. Notify the MSM,. they'll want to jump on this asap. Oh, wait a minute. They dont give a sh!t

edit on 17-10-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Up till now Ive considered the weirdness found under the walkway/housing seen in the Tepco cam (that Ektar and PC brought to our attention) as most likely cheap cam effect. Now Im not sure at all. From todays cam, anyone like to take a stab at what the black blob is.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Tepco just brought out a report that has alot of important data in it.....I think! I wont know because Tepco states;

*We have provided Japanese press release version of the instructions received from NISA. However, at this time we have reserved the right to not provide an English version due to potential misunderstandings that may arise from an inaccurate rendering of the original Japanese text.

What a bunch of azzholes. So instead of Tepco giving us an English version that might be close to the original, we'll have to depend on Google.

And exactly what right is it that they are claiming to have. The right to destroy this planet. Or the right to conceal that they are destroying the planet.

Tepco, you are so confused. Please put on your thinking cap. MURDERERS IN THE PROCESS OF COMMITING MURDERS DONT HAVE FUGGIN RIGHTS YOU IDIOTS. After youre all arrested youll have the right to remain silent. Till then baby you better start talking.
edit on 17-10-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
NISA pdfs - go to their page to download the PDFs
Seismic Damage Information (the 276th Release)As of 12:00 October 17, 2011)

Extract Seismic Damage Information (the 276th Release) As of 12:00 October 17, 2011) PDF:60KB

Water levels of accumulated water PDF:25KB

Reference to TEPCO's Website:
Press Release (Oct 17,2011) Plant Status of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station

and this Oct 4th article says that TEPCO have to submit their report by yesterday 17th October. It remains to be seen if NISA will collude with TEPCO and announce a state of cold shutdown. (See my bolded bit below)

NISA releases safety plan for Fukushima plant after cold shutdown October 04, 2011

The plan also calls for backup measures to cool the reactors and fuel storage pools.

A recycling cooling system at the Fukushima plant is purifying highly radioactive water and returning it to cool the reactors. However, much of the equipment is temporary and for emergency use, raising doubts about whether the system can continue operating stably if another earthquake or tsunami causes a blackout.

Officials of Tokyo Electric Power Co., the operator of the Fukushima plant, will have to submit a report to NISA by Oct. 17 on how they plan to continue operating the recycling cooling system.

NISA officials will have to verify the safety of the system before determining if a state of cold shutdown has been achieved.

"There will be a need for an appraisal of the TEPCO report that can reassure the public," Goshi Hosono, the state minister in charge of the Fukushima nuclear accident, said at an Oct. 3 news conference.

NISA's plan also includes steps to be taken when removing nuclear fuel from the storage pools as well as installing a temporary fuel storage facility. Such measures are needed because the nuclear fuel rods are believed to have been damaged.

The plan calls for careful work to prevent the spewing of radioactive materials when the fuel rods are removed from the storage pool.

NISA: TEPCO lax on anti-quake measures at Fukushima plant - 14 Oct 2011

More criminal negligence. (see my bolded bit below)
I wonder where all those "missing" pieces of correspondence went?

TEPCO's lax practices were described Oct. 13 at a Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA) meeting, in which nuclear experts were questioned. NISA officials said the utility did not conduct strength tests and implement reinforcement work on key equipment, including control rods in the No. 1 to 6 reactors that adjust the nuclear fission process within the reactors.

"TEPCO also did not conduct tests on a large majority of the piping" at the Fukushima No. 1 plant, Masaru Kobayashi, director of the Seismic Safety Office at NISA, said.

After the anti-quake guidelines were revised, TEPCO submitted an interim report to the central government in March 2008 in which it concluded that reinforcement work was not needed. It cited the results of tests on the pressure vessel and other important equipment.

TEPCO officials planned to include what would be done on the 600 or so other important pieces of equipment, such as those related to the control rods and other piping, in a final report.

At that time, TEPCO told NISA officials the final report would be submitted after autumn 2010.

According to Kobayashi, a document compiled by NISA in the summer of 2008 had wording that said reinforcement work was being implemented at the Fukushima No. 1 plant.

But on Oct. 7, TEPCO officials told NISA officials that the reinforcement work was never conducted.

It is unclear what led to the change on TEPCO's part because no records remain of communications exchanged in 2008.

edit on 18 Oct 2011 by qmantoo because: additional info

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

I can take a stab at the black blob.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

snip

Some Prion diseases are thought to be linked to radiation induced mutations in DNA and certain proteins (keeping in mind prions themselves are highly resistant to radiation). These prions are then ingested by animals and people. Mad cow = prion disease. Do you think that there might be a connection between mad cow in UK turning up in Chernobyl fallout hot zones? Nah. Coincidence is all.

More

Bio-accumulation in this context is not a happy collective.

I remember reading somewhere, a long time ago something about radiation being linked to many non-cancerous diseases, but I cannot for the life of me remember where. The research was suggestive of dosage rates below the threshold considered to be "safe" to be linked with things like heart disease and arthritis.

This reminds me of what Robin is talking about in the Quakewatch 2011 threead about small things making big differences.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
Up till now Ive considered the weirdness found under the walkway/housing seen in the Tepco cam (that Ektar and PC brought to our attention) as most likely cheap cam effect. Now Im not sure at all. From todays cam, anyone like to take a stab at what the black blob is.

Not a walkway.A wire run,or conveyor belt moving material.

One of two things,either that is a conveyor belt that is covered and broke,spilling its contents,or it's photoshopped to hide what is really there..
edit on 18-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Several anomalies in this pic makes me suspicious.
Where did this come from? A still,or from a cam.
Zoom in on the pipes on the left also.
Are they editing out people working on it?
Cause it is definitely photoshopped. ask any one looking at pics of ufo's.

This is before,on May 31.

Whats the difference???
Did you see?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I remember reading somewhere, a long time ago something about radiation being linked to many non-cancerous diseases, but I cannot for the life of me remember where. The research was suggestive of dosage rates below the threshold considered to be "safe" to be linked with things like heart disease and arthritis.

Indications from studies made of children exposed to radiation from Chernobyl put heart disease right up there as the number one direct killer of little hearts as a result of fallout.

Expert: Already hearing reports of kids suffering heart attacks — Beware deadly cardiac problems in children caused by Fukushima radiation (VIDEO)

See video on THIS SITE for the following points made:

At 4:00 in

- Heart cells are non replaceable by-and-large
- Only 1% of heart cells replaced in a year
- Cesium-137 goes to muscle, so concentrates in muscle tissue of heart

At 5:00 in

- It does seem from what people have been telling me in the Fukushima affected area, is they [children] are actually suffering heart attacks

At 6:40 in

- Cesium-137′s effects on heart muscle cannot be repaired, heart tissue cannot be repaired
- These children will suffer their whole life and die young

At 7:30 in

- Post-Chernobyl Belarus showed an increase in cancer… but an “enormous” increase in heart disease.

edit on 18-10-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
A very good fallout report on N.America.
www.youtube.com...
And back in Japan the ministry of the environment [Ha!] wants to know how much radioactive debris the prefectures will take, secretly without telling the people who live there. Sorry! We don't like secrets here,
ex-skf.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Greetings:

17 October 2011
News: Cesium Measured From Wild Animals In Saitama

Saitama Prefecture (埼玉県 Saitama-ken?) is a prefecture of Japan located in the Kantō region of the island of Honshu. The capital is the city of Saitama.

This prefecture is part of the Greater Tokyo Area, and most of Saitama's cities can be described as suburbs of Tokyo, to which a large amount of residents commute each day.

Saitama local government conducted radioactive cesium measurements for wild animals for hunters.

According to the research,

Japanese deer:
49 Bq/kg;
70 Bq/kg;
26 Bq/kg;
130 Bq/kg;
48 Bq/kg;
10 Bq/kg

Boar:
41 Bq/kg;
50 Bq/kg;
111 Bq/kg

Saitama Prefecture

Though human don’t eat grass or drink water from rain, we eat food from North Japan to 'cheer them up.'

WTF?

Cheer who up?

The deer?

Oh, Great Spirit (insert appropriate personal deity here), please do not let us believe that he means his brothers and sisters in North Japan (the farmers) who actually tend the animals who eat the grass and drink the water from rain.

It is highly likely that we humans are contaminated as those wild animals, too.
Source

One might postulate that it is highly likely that he is right.

This mind-set seems to indicate a much larger problem - one of a resigned, defeatist attitude that reflects the understanding of the writer that through the massive TEPCO/JAPGOV cover-up and disinformation campaign, he and his family, as well as the nation’s populace as a whole, have been radiated far beyond the point of no return and there is little, if any, hope.

Being exposed to radiation myself, is obviously not an easy feeling.

The sense of crisis, when I think about children, who are biologically more vulnerable, is much worse.

source

We are at a loss for words.

We share this from brother/member Tallone:

I think its time for people to be angry.

I don't mean a little bit cross, I mean very, very, very angry.

When we start talking of kissing our collective @ss goodbye, and making peace with our religious deities, then it really is time to admit we are slaves and submit to whatever our overlords decree is to be our fate.

You like the fact that there are tons of plutonium and a host of other radioactive contaminants ejected into our atmosphere, into our oceans, and across our lands?

Of course not.

My tolerance has been all used up for those who continue to argue the answer must be to plead to those responsible for these crimes to become more human, less greedy, that we can turn them around still.

These seemingly misguided people have drawn their conclusions from a social position allowing them the hope of avoiding the worst to come, and can afford to behave as apologists calling for the rehabilitation of criminals.

Lets face facts here - and shake off the mysticism of those who wish us to endure so for a better afterlife, or exhort us to give in to the post-modern condition - the world is a fated fragmented hell that is all poison.

Human is human, you can't become a little more human or a little less; it isn't a matter of degrees of humanness.

We are either human or a giraffe, a fish, a rock, or one or other kind of ET (if you prefer).

In reality, being human or a giraffe, a fish, a rock, or one or other kind of ET (if you prefer).

In reality, being human is something we are only able to shake off by changing our physical state, when we become ash.

In other words, I am saying that those who have decided to allow the Fukushima catastrophe to occur, and even worse - those who may have even initiated an 'event' causing it to occur - are still human.

That is something we must face, and those same individuals will still have some one they love and care for if even it is only themselves (though that is hardly likely to be the case).

The kind of greed we see driving corporations and governments to ignore the plight of people in the name of profit is not the result of a few evil men and women, it is the result of a system that propagates the very conditions for the existence of such people in those roles that exert such total and manifest control over our lives and our world.

We need to change this world dramatically into one that cares for people and not for a system of individual profit.

It will take a revolution.

It is needed today and not tomorrow.

more required reading

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw
edit on 18/10/2011 by thorfourwinds because: colortag

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

Originally posted by Wertwog

snip

I remember the last Lecture i visited, that Professor told us we need to focus on diseases
from the medical Personal who worked with X-Rays and all that Stuff ,
there is a hell of empiric Data to get a Inside-View on what we can expect in the next Centuries!

When you check Scroogle you will see a lot!

reply to post by Purplechive

I think the amounts of Radiation is very low, in a way too low

This is much better than in Europe for example,
25% of the Boar is above 600 Bq. a Kilogram!

reply to post by kdog1982

They changed the type of the Camera (maybe in July or August?),
since that time there is a lot of change!

edit on 18-10-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2011 by Human0815 because: Add info

edit on 18-10-2011 by Human0815 because: who noy which

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So I was looking at the graph data from the EPA for air monitoring shown here

www.epa.gov...

and was wondering what the different gamma ray ranges were now I understand that its using spectroscopy so each range is going to be frequency range that is the signature a certain Isotope or Isotopes, but they neither a frequency range nor a straight range 2 = x Isotope so How can I figure it out?

Can any one help me out?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Japan cargo banned due to levels of radiation

EXCESSIVE levels of radiation have been discovered in cargo arriving in Shanghai from Japan, following the nuclear leak there in March, authorities said yesterday.

Goods with higher than permitted levels of radiation were either returned or destroyed, the Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau said. Officials said some ships from Japan also had radiation levels above national limits. The bureau insisted that checks have remained stringent since an earthquake and tsunami crippled a nuclear power station in Fukushima in eastern Japan and led to radiation escaping.

Source:

Radiation contaminated Japanese materials seized in Um Qasr port

BASRA: Um Qasr port administration announced the seizure of materials contaminated with radio-active isotopes imported from Japan. The source told Aswat al-Iraq that an imported fork-lift, heading for the private sector, was discovered to have been contaminated by radiation. No information was given on the volume of radiation in these equipment.

www.zawya.com...

German firm begins food radiation measuring service in Japan/ AHA!

The Japanese unit of TUV Rheinland Group, a major German inspection and certification service provider, said Tuesday it had started to offer services to measure radioactive content in water, soil and food. TUV Rheinland Japan Ltd is to measure the amount of radioactive substances contained in samples brought by clients such as retailers and food producers for 18,000 yen (234 dollars) or more per sample, the company said. TUV Rheinland also offers services of simpler measurements for individual farmers and other clients for at least 10,000 yen each, the company said.

www.monstersandcritics.com...

The Conatmination of Goods is a bad Sign

We need to be very careful about this
and need to observe the rate of this Goods!
Like which Products, Metal, Wood, Etc.!

This is dead Material and should not be excessive Polluted

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

They sure don't make it easy do they?

The RadNet Query Interface gives a host of options to choose from to obtain near real time data on a variety of factors from across the country.

Although the only data available at this particular location is CPM (counts per minute), it does give an indication of how much activity is in a given area.

UC Berkeley Nuclear Science Dept Food Chain analysis shows very small amounts of Cs and a couple of other radionuclides showing up across the country.

Of course, you may want to ask Wertwog about the reliability of UCB's data...

new topics

top topics

<< 1092  1093  1094    1096  1097  1098 >>

join