It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1094.htm
<< 1091  1092  1093    1095  1096  1097 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
A leaked report says Japanese media new within 100 hrs of the quake that fuk had released 120 Billion Becquerels of Plutonium 238, 239, 240, and 241.

I think Fukushima Diary missed a zero. 1.2 X 10(12) is 1,200,000,000,000 one trillion two hundred billion. Plus check out the amount of cesium combined. 36,000,000,000,000,000 bequerels of cesium. I cant remember what comes after a trillion. I-131 is 16 trillion bequerels. And the number for xenon is off the charts.

www.meti.go.jp...
edit on 16-10-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Oct 15th some new [Very little] footage of the site during the emergency drill. There seems to be a lot of steel plates on the ground below #1 to cut the radiation down.

This Plates are for the Caterpillar,
for the Protection of Radiation they use afaik Sheets of a special Foil!

The Iron Plates accumulate Radiation like all Iron!

Verification of news reports vital to disaster coverage

Seven months have passed since the Great East Japan Earthquake, and many media organizations have begun reviewing their reports on the March 11 earthquake and tsunami as well as the subsequent crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant.

This week, The Yomiuri Shimbun asked outside experts to tell a permanent in-house panel tasked with examining our daily coverage what they thought about our reports on the disaster. Former National Police Agency Commissioner General Takaji Kunimatsu said our reports were attentive to detail overall. But he cautioned us at the same time, saying: "Instead of simply reporting facts, journalists with expert knowledge should thoroughly examine and understand the information they are reporting. It's important to provide readers with articles that present options on how to act."

Referring to TV and newspaper reports that 2.71 microsieverts per hour of radiation was detected in Setagaya Ward, Tokyo, on Wednesday, Kunimatsu said: "[The public] wants to know the cause, what the figure means to them and whether it's safe. It's questionable to have extensive coverage emphasizing an incident's potential seriousness if there may be little risk." Those working in the media must make continuous efforts to delve into facts and coolheadedly report what they have uncovered to the public.

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Hundreds turn out to 'Occupy Tokyo'

Marching behind a large "Occupy Tokyo" banner, about 300 protesters proceeded to the headquarters of Tokyo Electric Power Co., owner of the radiation-leaking Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant. "Dissolve Tepco," "Stop nuclear power plants," they chanted.

The various signs, written in both Japanese and English, highlighted some of the issues apparently agitating the public.

One question:

We have now Day Nr. 219 and we all read a lot of Stuff.
I remember the first Days and Month after this Catastrophe and my fear of a total 100% Censorship,
what do You, honorable Member of this illustrious Group, think about the Reports?

Are they faked?
Do they addresses the Problems?
Are they educational?
Japanese Vs. International Newspapers and Magazines?
The Role of the Internet 2.0?
Bread and Games?
Punk Rock and Pony Riding?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Thanks for the heads-up! Let me respond to some of your questions. Personally, I think the coverage of this disaster is sub-par at best. Moreover, Tepco and the Japanese government may be skewering the facts a bit? However, to be fair, I don't think they have a clue about what is actually going on and how to address the matter. That is not just the Japanese government and Tepco, but also the IAEA and more or less the international community.

This is the sum of all fears, and a new frontier as I have said before in other posts. The worst industrial disaster in human history. That is how it will be remembered in the history books. I have talked to others about Fukushima, and they keep saying:"like Chernobyl, right?" I respond that it will probably be worse than Chernobyl. As bad as Chernobyl was, it only involved one reactor going into critical mode, but with respect to Fukushima, we have multiple reactor incidents, they happened almost simultaneously, and the contamination will probably spread over a much wider area when it is all said and done.

Fukushima is fluid and an on-going incident. In other words, it is not under control and the damage is far from being assessed properly. I think the whole thing is fraught with lies, nonsense, and innuendo. I don't think it is purely malicious, but merely widespread ignorance and lack of knowledge of a problem on such an epic scale. There is no handbook or anyone around who has dealt with a problem like this that I know of? They are learning as it unfolds as we are.

If the contamination gets into the ground water and food supply I don't how they would respond or mitigate the exposure. With hots spots springing up far outside the exclusion-zone that could very well be the case? I want to hope for the best, but as a stubborn pessimist, I usually go with the worse. More than likely in the real world it is the latter that usually happens. In hindsight, I wish they had done more to retrofit the plant with modern equipment and safety systems. However, as is said, "Hindsight is 20/20." Keep up the good work, and keep a clear mind in all of this. It is far from over as I see it.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Originally posted by qmantoo
We were discussing this many, many moons ago. Now it seems it has come up again.
Journalist Accuses Israel of Fukushima Sabotage

A leading Japanese journalist recently made two incredible claims about the Fukushima power plant that suffered a nuclear meltdown in March 2011, sending shockwaves around the world. First, the former editor of a national newspaper in Japan says the U.S. and Israel knew Fukushima had weapons-grade uranium and plutonium that were exposed to the atmosphere after a massive tsunami wave hit the reactor. Second, he contends that Israeli intelligence sabotaged the reactor in retaliation for Japan’s support of an independent Palestinian state.

pictures of the underfloor bottles etc from UK's The Daily Mail

Jim Stone's theory also.
LINK HERE

Agree or not Stone makes several solid points that require addressing. HERE I haven't seen anything convincing to refute these yet.

1. There is no evidence of earthquake damage reflecting a M9 struck off Eastern Japan March 11, 2011, not that I have been shown or found so far.

2. Reactor unit 4 is surely Japan's own "building 7" (as Stone calls it).

3. Stone appears to be absolutely correct about the installation of security cameras early this year by the Israeli based firm Magna BSP.

4. Japan did enter into a deal to take "some 70%" of its low enriched uranium stockpile" and swap it with fuel rods "for medical use".

Take a look on the Internet for any evidence outside of a bent top to the Tokyo tower of a damage approximating what the damage Kobe took in the Great Hanshin Quake of 1995. You won't find it. You will however find evidence of severe damage, including to roads and buildings, and including fires as a result of the tsunami.

A magnitude 9 earthquake will be felt up to 1000 km away at least. But don't take my word for it take a look at the Wenchuan earthquake in China in 2008 as an example. Not a magnitude 9, it was only an 8 and 10km shallower than the March 11 quake claimed for Japan. And yes, I am going to say claimed at this stage. The evidence for anything over a M6.5 just does not add up tsunami or no tsunami,
LINK to the map showing extent of shocks from the epicentre, and felt as far away as Beijing at 1,500 Km and Shanghai 1,700 Km away.
HERE is what a M8 looks like. This is the Wenchuan quake.
More freaky than the Ninja at Six Flags Magic Mountain, right? Okay, now this HERE is a video of the earthquake on the March 11 quake, the main quake, as it happens in Tokyo just 400 km or 250 miles from the (claimed) epicentre off the coast. Note the TV does not fall on the floor, not even a roof tile falls from the roof of a house. People are driving down the street without any apparent bother apparent of falling or toppling objects.

No question there was an earthquake but the evidence suggests something around M6.5.

The magnitude-9 earthquake damaged 1,200 places --including stations, bridges, tunnels and overheard wires -- on the JR East line, and an aftershock earlier this month damaged 550 more. The world’s largest listed railway operator by sales is completing the repair work two weeks faster than in 2004, when a magnitude- 6.6 temblor derailed cars on the Joetsu high-speed line.
SEE HERE

Several companies report their building assets in cities that ought to have been hit the worst suffering little to no damage.

Advantest Reports Minimal Impact from the Northeast Japan Earthquake.

Advantest Laboratories, an R&D facility located in Sendai, sustained no serious damage, based on currently available information.

HERE

Cabot reports minimal damage to Japan facilities

The company's carbon black facility in Shimonoseki continued production, while its Chiba unit lost power and operations were temporarily suspended during the quake. The facility is able to manufacture...
SEE HERE

Moving on.

Looking at point 2, the explosion in unit 4, well, there is not yet any explanation for it. Apparently the top was off the reactor at the time. With nothing inside to heat up what would have caused the explosion? Jim Stone's explanation of bombs hidden in the overly large camera housings begins to sound a possibility doesn't it? After all unit 4 was the location of one of the Magna BSP cameras, and, as he notes hydrogen gas is not a an expected product of fuel rod storage pools so that must be ruled out as a cause of the explosion.

And what about point 4?

Well as it turns out evidence is available he is correct about the deal struck between Japan and Iran and the anger expressed by Israel at Japan. So setting aside the Stuxnet virus and how it could have been used to both mess up the automated processes involving fluids to directly cause the succession of meltdowns, and then feed incorrect data to the monitoring staff so they would not be aware of what was taking place, and setting aside also the fact the same company admitted they had maintained a covert Internet connection with all cameras. Setting aside all of that just to focus on the possible reason for the explosion in reactor 4 (and reactor 3 by default of course),
This item is dated March 22, 2011.
SEE HERE

Isn't it interesting then, to discover that the two nuclear crises are related.

Several weeks before the Fukushima accident, Japanese deputy minister for foreign affairs Bessho Koro visited Tehran to meet with Iranian Foreign minister Ali Akbar Salehi and carry the message of a pro-Iran Japan (after all, if it's profitable, why not?):
The Japanese deputy foreign minister said Japan supports Iran's nuclear energy program and added that Iran has the right to use nuclear energy for peaceful purposes. He went on to say that Tokyo is determined to develop ties with Tehran…
Check out what the Japanese foreign ministry had to say on March 11, 2010 - exactly one year to the day prior to when the earthquake and tsunami hit:
The Government of Japan deplores the decisions of the Government of Israel to give permission for the construction of 1,600 housing units in East Jerusalem in addition to 112 units in West Bank just after the Israeli and Palestinian leadership’s acceptance of the start of indirect talks. The Government of Japan does not recognize any act that prejudges the final status of Jerusalem and the territories in the pre-1967 borders. Japan demands that the plans should not be implemented.
….The days are near when all the words of all the prophets regarding the Jewish people -- and the fall of their enemies -- will come true before our very eyes. May it be so speedily in our days.

BTW The nation state of Israel does not equate with all Jewish people. It is a mistake to think so. Israel is founded on the ideology of Zionism. The Zionist state does not represent all of the Jewish people in the world. There are many who fervantly decry what is in fact and historically so, a racist ideology.
Here is a LINK HERE to the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network (IJAN). Anti-Zionism does not equate with anti-sematism.

edit on 16-10-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
@ Tallone,

this Jimbob is wrong and his Story is a stupid lie,
the only thing that is not really understandable for me is Reactor Nr. 4!
The rest is part of a Bull#-Production!

James Smith Palestine Street Jeddah, - Saudi Arabia
Phone: +966.530957259 Fax..: Email: sab_318@hotmail.com
Last modified: 2011-03-06 06:37:59 GMT
Administrative Info: (FAST-15275838)
James Smith Palestine Street Jeddah, - Saudi Arabia Phone: +966.530957259 Fax..: Email: sab_318@hotmail.com Last modified: 2011-03-06 06:37:59 GMT

PS; Saudi Arabia has one of the strongest Internet Restrictions in the World
but as long as you blame Israel the thing is okay!
Please also re-check the claims with the Japan-Iran Enrichment Deals!

edit on 16-10-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2011 by Human0815 because: check

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Doing a 'find' on the word "Israeli" on this page, it was on page 741 that regenstorm posted this link to the story about
Haaretz Israeli Security Firm in Charge at Japanese Nuke Facilities Prior to Disaster
at concern.org along with more on the Israeli cameras ability to measure radiation levels.

Speaking to The Jerusalem Post on Monday, Magna’s head, Haim Siboni, said the thermal cameras also had the ability to detect the presence of radioactive clouds in the air, but added that Magna had not been able to gain access to the images recorded by the cameras at this time.

“Because we are using these special cameras, we can also identify radioactive clouds, due to the spectrum that our cameras can sense,” Siboni said.

Although Magna is able to gain remote access to its computer system, which receives the cameras’ images, Siboni said his company had not yet been authorized to do so.

“We have not been allowed to take control remotely yet,” Siboni said.

So, in spite of what is said above, it seems the Japanese did not allow them internet access to the cameras.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The Truth according to Jimbob+

Proven truthful internet media, I bet you have not seen a few of these:
These sites are most likely real truth sites, and may or may not be totally accurate in their attempt.

Degaray.com Degaray.com is as stripped down as it gets. But what it does have is an endless stream of stuff you have likely never seen before. Expect to spend a month on your first hit - its all good stuff and even better, Degaray posts it ALL and lets YOU decide.

Project Camelot Project camelot has a nice looking site with work from various authors.

A bona fide truth site and a must see Alexander Higgins Blog Alexander Higgins is right up there with Mike Rivero in content delivery, and I have not yet confirmed a bias in reporting.

Until I do, he remains at the top Natural News Natual news is an extremely responsible truth site. It's only drawback is that it is mainly a health site. It is excellent though - expect great research you can trust every time

David Icke Why would I list Lizard man? Because he is a bona fide truther with a massive site and excellent forums. A must hit if you have not been there before, MAKE SURE YOU HIT THE FORUMS.

Abel Danger This site focuses on the financial conspiracies and the City Of London district - aka Rothchild's park, and will give you a perspective you will not get elsewhere. It would be a much better known site if it was a .com and the abel was spelled able.

These guys appear to have electronic warfare capabilities, though they never told me that; it only makes sense with some of the stuff they say. They blew the lid off the insurance scam at Fukushima - similar to what happened financially on 911

Peswiki.com Sterling D Allen's energy site is a must visit. Every alternative energy attempt which both failed and made it shows up here first. Did you know that 6X over unity has been accomplished and is in production?

Probably not if you never visited this site. Second rate truth sites - These have good stuff, but be careful because bias often rules the roost so much they could be limited hang-outs.

Rense Gotta put him here, because he has stuff you cannot find elsewhere. A proto truther. Rense happily ingores or mis-represents stuff that does not fit his bias, even when perfectly documented against it. Still a good hit. Whatreallyhappened.com Mike Rivero's powerhouse can at times be amazing, but often falls to bias and he harps anti zionism too much. A great daily news hit though, one of the finest news aggregators there is.

Infowars.com Infowars is an annoying site. It is sabotaged from within Joneses staff. Jones appears perfectly honest, and produces great and revolutionary stuff that has been researched out to the last digit.

But saboteurs abound on his staff, and Jones does not "get it". Too bad, he got too big to do it all himself; the stuff HE does is un-stoppable.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Tallone thanks for the link. Jimbob's ideas are rather interesting arent they? Nukes in the sea ditch causing the eq does not seem that far fetched. He does highlight the lack of eq damage especially as it was classed as a 9, where you would expect some significant damage. He suggests that it was only actually 6, with most of the damage caused by the tsunami, itself caused by the nukes in the ditch. I do remember there were aftershocks and would imagine this would still happen if it was a nuke rather than mother nature.

It would also explain the high readings and lack of people hanging around the place.

The political stuff - so much goes on in secret that it is difficult to tell who is talking to who and what their true relationship is.

Will let it go down some and read again. Might check out this thread at the beginning and see how the two compare (some reading for tonight). I have been meaning to reread this from the beginning sometime.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

Dear YarianZ

please look/ research for a Confirmation about the enrichment
of Uranium, "real Newspaper" would be enough

The real Story was and is different!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Somebody is doing testing. They would tell us if we were in danger. Everyone is not out to fool us. There are many who are just like us, they care. The sky is not falling.

Greetings from:

Thank you for your time, consideration and participation.

It is good to know that there are many who are just like us who care.

Too bad they are not in any position of power at the EPA.

Somebody is doing testing.

And just who do you think "somebody" is?

They would tell us if we were in danger.

And just who do you think "they" are?

Everyone is not out to fool us.

We're not talking about "everyone."

The EPS/USGOV in collusion with TEPCO/JAPGOV have been engaging in a massive cover-up of the true facts concerning the 24/7/365 bombardment of radioactive contaminates from Fukushima Dai-ichi.

The sky is not falling.

Prove it.

We did not say the sky is falling.

We did say that the radiation from Fuku is a serious threat to all life on the planet.

If you feel we are in error in this statement, please prove otherwise.

FYI:

Does the Jet Stream come anywhere near you in either season?

Would you not be affected by any airborne contaminates?

Can we agree that it is serious?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

From the wayback machine for your viewing pleasure on this beautiful Sunday morning in the North Georgia mountains (hey there, destinyone, you up for coffee?)

19 June 2011
Japan Tsunami 2011-Deliveryman's Dashcam Video

This video is, IMHO, one of the best examples of "turn around, don’t drown," that we have yet to experience. Notice that the water is first seen in front of the delivery man’s POV, yet the first water to inundate the vehicle comes from behind it.

19 June 2011[/COLOR]
Fukushima Reactor Water May Be 144 Times As Radioactive As Anticipated — Almost 20 Times Total Chernobyl Release

(...) ... over 100,000 tonnes of highly-contaminated water at Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant are estimated to contain 720,000 terabecquerels of radioactive materials.

If Kurion’s vessel absorbed enough radioactive materials in 5 hours and it should have taken 30 days, as I wrote in my previous post, the water was 144 times as radioactive as the system had anticipated.

If the water actually turns out to be 144 times as radioactive, the Fukushima accident would need a new INES category and should not be placed in the same category (Level 7) as the Chernobyl accident which released only 5.6 million terabecquerels of radioactive materials.

Maybe it should be simply called “Level Fukushima”.

Jump to the present-day headlines you may have missed on the MSM:

15 October 2011
Leaked TEPCO Report:
120 billion Becquerels of plutonium,
7.6 trillion Becquerels of neptunium released in first 100 hours
— Media concealed risk to public

Yokohama, Oct. 15 — Mochizuki of the Fukushima Diary website is reporting on a June 2011 document that has been “leaked on the internet” which reveals that Plutonium-238, -239, -240, and -241 were released “to the air” from Fukushima Daiichi during the first 100 hours after the earthquake.

[color=limegreen]The amount of Plutonium [color=limegreen]released is said to be 120 billion Becquerels.

It also states there was a release of 7.6 trillion Becquerels of Neptunium-239.

Mochizuki says this report was made by TEPCO for a press conference on June 6 and the media knew and “kept concealing the risk for 7 months and kept people exposed”.

The amount of plutonium released is said to be 120 billion Becquerels.

"Is said to be..."

So many different (and each larger than the previous) numbers have been thrown about that sometimes it becomes difficult to grasp the significance of all this.
Wait just a sec.

WTF?

Is it 7.6 or 76?

Yes, we see that it is differentiating between Plutonium and Neptunium, but the cooinkydink raised an eyebrow (the other one burnt off already by radioactive rain here in Georgia...)

Clarification, anyone?

Peace Love Light

tfw

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

One of my biggest question is "How much enter the Ocean and how much get Airborne"?

And afir Plutonium is very heavy and the majority of that stuff should be around the Plant,
how much is caught in the green sprayed Areas?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

One of my biggest question is "How much enter the Ocean and how much get Airborne"?

And afir Plutonium is very heavy and the majority of that stuff should be around the Plant,

Greetings:

One of our biggest questions is, "How much plutonium was vaporized in that highly-viewed and discussed explosion?"

What makes you think that "the majority of that stuff should be around the plant?"

ATS Team Fukushima: We thought we read somewhere that about 200 kilograms of Plutonium vaporized the first day and spewed into the Jet Stream... is this true?

This also is troubling to read and comprehend - life without a secure future and a baby due soon:

BBC News - Japan quake evacuees: Starting again

Dai Saito and his family - wife Sachiko, daughter Yutsuki, 8, and Sawato, 4

Dai Saito used to live with his wife and two children in Haramachi-ku in Minamisouma, which lies inside the 20-30km "stay indoors" zone around the damaged Fukushima nuclear plant. He worked as a children's football coach. But he and his family have now left the area and do not know when they will go back. Six months after the disaster, he tells the BBC about his life now.

We live in Koto, Tokyo, in a flat for civil servants that the local government made available to evacuees. We are on the 29th floor with a night view over Tokyo, which we couldn't have imagined back home. The Red Cross supplied us with appliances like a fridge and a television. But I think it is a shame we have to pay our electricity bills to Tepco [the operator of the Fukushima nuclear plant].
(...)
We can have this life because the local authorities are supporting us. It will be difficult to live like this after they take back the flat next July, considering the cost of living compared to our income.

Our new baby is due on 11 November and there are two months to go. There is a big gap between the cost of maternity care in the big city and in the countryside, which is a worry but at least we don't need to worry about radioactivity.
(...)
The future that I expected before the earthquake was destroyed completely by this disaster and the nuclear power incident.

It is very sad to begin my life again from scratch. However, I draw lots of motivation from the people who I have met through this experience. The power this gives me encourages me to create a new future.

[color=limegreen]I think I will be a victim for the rest of my life, I will not be able to return home but I have to move on with this situation.

I appreciate being able to talk about this and I gain the courage to step forward. Thank you so much.

We are speechless in rage at the machine and vociferous in our love for these innocent victims.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
JNES secretly calculated meltdown risks while everyone lied.

www.bellinghamherald.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The most likely correct estimation is in percentage of tons,yes,tons (after all this time) of plutonium as the 'waste' and rod generation, "spent" fuel rods ...left with Elvis and after months the thermal and chemical processes are probably at the DOD estimates of around ten to twenty percent of the total original mass..but since that mass has been fissioning the whole time ( months ) under intense thermal conditions perhaps we have 70 to 80 % transport ( as the DOD report only involves mechanical ( and limited thermal) mechanisms. not sustained thermal chemical conditions for months)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
No-one wants nuclear fuel lasting tens of 1000's of years and once one country allows it, it will become the dumping ground for every other kind of toxic waste too. After all, there is nothing worse than nuclear fuel right? And with no end in sight, things would go from bad to even worse since every year there would be more radioactive waste stored there and it would never end. The only thing which would release that country and its future generations from the stranglehold would be the end of the world.

Well done to mongolia for deciding not to take it and well done to mainichi for disclosing it.
Mongolia abandons nuclear waste storage plans, informs Japan of decision

============================
and on another note... How many kilogrammes of plutonium is needed to kill the entire population of the world?
I think it was posted before that something like less than a gramme of plutonium was lethal to one person, so if tons have been vapourised, then we are probably all kissing our backsides goodbye.

Now - either the predicted lethal amounts are wrong and we wont actually all die horrible deaths or else we will and so it is just a matter of time.

I suggest we make peace with our god and ourselves and then it wont matter which is correct.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I think its time for people to be angry. I don't mean a little bit cross, I mean very very very angry. When we start talking of kissing our collective @s goodbye, making peace with our religious deities, then it really is time to admit we are slaves and submit to whatever our overlords decree is to be our fate.

You like there are tons of plutonium and a host of other radioactive contaminants ejected into our atmosphere, into our oceans, and across out lands? Of course not.

My tolerance has been all used up for those who continue to argue the answer must be to plead to those responsible for these crimes to become more human, less greedy, that we can turn them around still. These seemingly misguided people have drawn their conclusions from a social position allowing them the hope of avoiding the worst to come, and can afford to behave as apologists calling for the rehabilitation of criminals. Lets face facts here, and shake off the mysticism of those who wish us to endure so for a better afterlife, or exhort us to give in to the post modern condition, the world is a fated fragmented hell. That is all poison.

Human is human, you can't become a little more human or a little less, it isn't a matter of degrees of humanness. We are either human or a giraffe, a fish, a rock, or one or other kind of ET (if you prefer). In reality, being human is something we are only able to shake off by changing our physical state, when we become ash. In other words I am saying those who have decided to allow the Fukushima catastrophe to occur, and even worse those who may have even initiated it an 'event' causing it to occur are still human. That is something we must face, and those same individuals will still have some one they love and care for if even it is only themselves (though that is hardly likely to be the case). The kind of greed we see driving corporations and governments to ignore the plight of people in the name of profit is not the result of a few evil men and women, it is the result of a system that propagates the very conditions for the existence of such people in those roles that exert such total and manifest control over our lives and our world.

We need to change this world dramatically into one that cares for people and not for a system of individual profit. It will take a revolution. It is needed today and not tomorrow. It would necessarily mean the end of the capitalist system and the end of nation states. Think about it. The two are a total contradiction, and the contradiction is the driving force for economic ruin and for global war. It is also the reason our environment is getting pooped all over and not one of those politicians or leaders of state have managed to do one damn thing to make even a tiny bit of difference, to halt our ever increasing slide for our environment into one poisoned and unliveable for humans.

We are lied to 24/7.

There is not need to give up. We are as the Wall Street protestors state 'the 99 percenters'. We make everything on the planet. We can eject the system and change it. Those elites who we continue to allow to call the shots who put profit above people cannot.

It is incredible to have seen a thread go on for as long as this one with such good input from so many. I say explore each and every piece of evidence. Not the theories, but the evidence, and that means also where evidence should be but none is apparent. We should be accepting nothing on face value. It is very easy to argue along partisan lines without thinking enough about the aims of the politicians to whom we pay blind allegiance. Or along nationalist lines, we blame our circumstances on another people based again on, yes, the a mindless acceptance of the political cards played by politicians trying to turn us from the truth. And the truth is, we ourselves no matter what land mass we occupy are exactly the same, with the same basic right to live safely, securely, and healthily.

We need to unite in order to prevail. We need to seek out the truth, and make immediate changes, rather than talking about it. We need to see the betrayal and deceit for what it is and quit behaving as if we are apologists for these people who have bought the catastrophe that is Fukushima upon us. People need to be occupying Wall Street. People ought to be thinking outside of the matrix we have been trained from birth to be subordinated to, a maze for rats. Its time to ask the questions out loud but firstly to ourselves. Beginning with this one. Is this the world we deserve?

edit on 17-10-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Fukushima Radiation Release Falls to 100 Million Becquerels/Hour

The amount of radiation being released by the damaged reactors at Japan’s crippled Fukushima nuclear plant has fallen to about 8 million times less than at the height of the disaster, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said. The three reactors are emitting about 100 million becquerels an hour, the company known as Tepco said in a monthly update on its so-called roadmap for resolving the worst civil nuclear crisis since Chernobyl in 1986.

The update was released today in Tokyo. Tepco said it expects to stabilize its crippled Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear plant by the end of the year, maintaining the timetable announced by the government last month. The company has completed tsunami reinforcements at the plant, one of the goals of its roadmap, it said.

Source:

Facing the reality of radioactive decontamination

Kimura's efforts were featured three times in specials on NHK's education channel, eliciting a great response from the public, so his efforts are known in Japan to a certain degree. As an experienced researcher, Kimura understands how big the job of decontamination is.

"Decontamination is extremely difficult," he says. "Without special equipment, even if someone worked frantically for two days to decontaminate his or her home, the amount of radioactive materials would only be reduced by about half.

"To decontaminate homes in hot areas (areas with localized high radiation levels), a space within a 100-meter radius of each home must also be decontaminated; otherwise radiation will not fall back down to 0.1 microsievert per hour (the level occurring naturally in the environment). In practical terms I think this is near impossible."

Source:

One Tokyo Neighborhood Still Oblivious to Radiation Hot Spot

he incidents have prompted Japan's government to order the science and environment ministries to boost monitoring of radiation levels. But local and central government officials say the isolated hot spots outside Fukushima are not a cause for alarm because no one spends such an extended period of time at such spots to absorb doses that would harm their health. They also are expressing skepticism about some of the highest reported readings from citizens, saying they could be erroneous as uncalibrated small dosimeters can be very inaccurate. Radiation in sea life off the Fukushima coast and its effects on the food chain also remain a concern. Researchers at the Tokyo University of Marine Sciences and Technology say samples of plankton collected in July exhibited high levels of radioactive cesium. Many fish feed on plankton. But the scientists say it is too soon to conclude a serious risk to humans. Some species of fish caught off Japan's Pacific Coast since the reactor meltdowns have also been found to be contaminated and Japanese authorities moved to halt those fish from being sold. www.voanews.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

Originally posted by Human0815

Greetings:

One of our biggest questions is, "How much plutonium was vaporized in that highly-viewed and discussed explosion?"

What makes you think that "the majority of that stuff should be around the plant?"

Maybe this is from my understanding of this Catastrophe

I learned at Tschernobyl-Times that the Plutonium is more than heavy,
much different to Cesium and other Radionuclide!

The thermic Upwinds in F'Shima was not toooooooo strong,
ergo i expect that at least 85% is surrounding the Area!

Afaik:
A huge part in and around the Plant is Green by this Polyacrylic
and the Plutonium and other similar Products are the reason for this!

I hope you all read the correction in the Trillion-Thread!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
enenews.com...

FUKUSHIMA, Oct. 17 — Mochizuki of the Fukushima Diary website has provided a summary of an Oct. 15 report by NHK that reveals “it turned out to be true that water vapor (steam) was splashing (erupting) from underground in June” at Fukushima Daiichi’s No. 1 reactor. “According to Tepco, it was splashing from underground in June, but now it’s stopped,” the summary continues. An Oct. 13 measurement in the same location of Reactor No. 1 detected radiation of 4.7 Sv/hr, almost a 20% increase over June’s measurement of 4.0 Sv/hr. Mochizuki finishes by noting, “It is assumed that melted fuel rods are sinking deep underground, which is called China Syndrome.”

Spppfffggh! Remind me again, what was the worst case scenario for chernobyl?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Regards plutonium, et al being "heavy" thus sinking in the atmosphere and falling out on land and in the sea:

Spent fuel sabotage test program, characterization of aerosol dispersal : interim final report.

This is the report I had found way back when that Silverlok was able to analyze which indicates the aersolization of the fuel components.

We present details and significant results obtained from this program from 2001 through 2007. Measured aerosol results include: respirable fractions produced; amounts, nuclide content, and produced particle size distributions and morphology; measurements of volatile fission product species enhanced sorption--enrichment factors onto respirable particles; and, status on determination of the spent fuel ratio, SFR, needed for scaling studies. Emphasis is provided on recent Phase 3 tests using depleted uranium oxide pellets plus non-radioactive fission product dopants in surrogate spent fuel test rodlets, plus the latest surrogate cerium oxide results and aerosol laboratory supporting calibration work.

The report deals with sabotage of nuclear materials, but the results of the particularization of the elements is applicable in this scenario.

If released to the environment in a significant quantity, the spent fuel respirable particles have the potential to cause radiological consequences

I think we can all agree that there have been, and continue to be, "significant quantities" of these respirable particles released.

For evaluations of aerosol and radiological consequences, there has always been a special emphasis on respirable particles, commonly defined as 0 up to ~10 µm AED (aerodynamic equivalent diameters) in size. Respirable particles also have been sub-categorized into the respirable portion (or fraction), 0 to ~4 µm, and the thoracic portion, ~4 to ~10 µm AED. Data from the coarser aerosol particles in the ~10 to 100 µm AED range, termed the inhalable portion, are of interest primarily for radiological “groundshine” (dispersion, soil contamination) or potential ingestion consequence estimates. Particles larger than 100 µm are not considered to be aerosols.
emphasis to indicate definition of acronym

Here we have our parameters for particle size indicating which are considered aerosols and which would not. There are also differing categories of aerosol in that some are inhalable while others are respirable. The respirable size particles pass through the tissues of the lung and into the bloodstream while the larger particles would lodge within lung tissue.

These described experiments and subsequent analyses [4, 6, 14, 15] predicted an aerosol spent fuel ratio, SFR, from HEDD impact events that fell within a range of about 0.5 to 12. This is quite a large spread in values for a parameter that has a direct influence on the predicted consequences of a successful sabotage attack. The BCL SFR value of 5.6 was used in calculations that demonstrated that the NRC Urban Study [8] estimate for respirable release was orders of magnitude too high; however, authors of the Sandia study felt strongly that the best estimate of SFR, if there were more data, would more likely be of the order of 1 to 2 [15].

According to this, the potential release percentage of fuel elements is .5% to 12%. Again, keep in mind that these data refer to the release of the contents of a dry cask storage container due to explosive energies (armor piercing bullet, airplane purposely flown into the facility, etc) so the release percentage from an exploded reactor core is likely to be somewhere outside this range (more than likely on the high end) and thus some of the assumptions have to be re-thought.

The lack of a detailed analysis has thus required estimates of potential consequences of an attack to be very conservative.

In other words, real-world scenarios are likely to produce much higher percentages of aerosol release than test results have shown.

Lovely.

The two above tables indicate the respirable fraction of several elements. CeO2 is used as a stand in for Uranium as it has similar physical and chemical properties and behaves in a manner consistent with the materials in fuel rods used in nuclear reactors. As you can see, there is a wide range of values for what would be released. Something else to consider, is that there are (or were) tons of these materials in R3 when it went BOOM. And R1,R2, and R4 are all continually melting/fissioning uncontrollably as we speak.

Taking the smallest average amount of released respirable fraction of CeO2 (stand in for uranium) we have .26%.

2000lbsX.0026=5.2lbs/ton respirable fraction released.

Of course this value will depend on enrichment factor and a host of other variables, but as a back of the envelope calculation, it's quite concerning.

Someone please tell me I am wrong in my maths.

The conclusion here is that the internal pressurization effect in the plenum region of short test rodlets (from 1 to 40 bars) is not a significant variable when compared to the total amount of particulates released from a relatively large (~27 mm) length of the rod impacted/particulated by the HEDD jet

This, at least, is some good news in that we know there was a tremendous amount of overpressure created when the explosion took place. But, overpressure is not the same as static pressure, correct? Is it possible that the explosive;y created overpressure contributed to a larger release than these data would indicate?

The Zr RF average based on all collected data was, quite similarly, 1.32% ± 0.29% with a 99% CI (or ± 0. 18%, with a 90% CI). These values are comparable to the cerium oxide respirable fractions measured for all data, even though zirconium (Zircaloy-4 cladding) is a ductile metal, not a brittle ceramic like the CeO2 ceramic pellets.

This assumes that the Zircaloy cladding is intact, which we all know was not the case inside the reactors as the cladding had ruptured and melted along with the rods due to the extreme thermal profile of a melt down in progress.

The cesium respirable fraction average was Cs RF was 24.9% ± 5.6% of dispersed mass based on
all CeO2 target Phase 2 and 2+ collected data with a 99% CI (± 3.6% with a 90% CI); there was no
reason to distinguish between Marple and earlier Respicon and Berner particle sampler data in this
case. Based on the DUO2 Phase 3 data only, the Cs RF average was somewhat higher, 45.0% ± 16.1 with a 99% CI (± 10.3% with a 90% CI)

It appears as though that Cs is the largest component of RF (respirable fraction) released in the experiments, this would correspond with what has been recorded at various testing sites. Although how trustworthy those tests are is debatable.

From observations of the Marple impactor data in tests 2/10B-10D for cesium respirable particle size distributions (as illustrated in multiple figures in Appendix A [3]), cesium particle or concentration distributions appear to peak over the respirable range size between 0.5 to 3.5 µm AED. As described in Section 3.1.2.3 for test 2/CSC, the observed cesium concentration for this test also peaked at around 3.5 µm AED. This observed minor shift in particle size peak has no impact on the measured RF value; the particle peaks were all within the respirable size range of 0-10 µm AED.
emphasis mine

In other words, the main portion of particle size distribution of Cs is within the range of sizes which would respirable.

The resultant strontium respirable fraction average was Sr RF = 10.9% ± 4.1% with a 99% CI based on all collected data from CeO2 tests... The strontium dopant, strontium oxide (SrO), melts at 2693 K and boils at ~3270K; as such, it is unlikely to undergo phase change.

We know, however, that temperatures within the reactors reached and exceeded this range in the early hours of the catastrophe by a large margin. This would have allowed a phase change in not only strontium, but many other elements as well.

As can be seen from the charts below, the smaller the particle size, the greater the enrichment factor (EF)

The long and short of all of this is that when we talk about the weight of these elements being “heavier” we are discussing atomic weight not physical weight. If a particle is small enough it will easily become airborne and be carried where ever the wind blows.

edit on 17-10-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: getting around the character limit

new topics

top topics

<< 1091  1092  1093    1095  1096  1097 >>

join