It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1089.htm
<< 1086  1087  1088    1090  1091  1092 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

It doesn't just apply to nuclear policy,but all throughout everything that makes big profits.
Alot of greedy,evil individuals doing whatever it takes to further their cause at any cost.

So,you get the big cover up and lack of info from Fuku,from the USA nuke program to the oil spill in the gulf of Mexico.
And much,much more.
It is so much,that I have almost literary shutdown with disgust.

Sorry to wonder off topic.

edit on 12-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Tom here has been taking readings steady since April first, in Virginia.
www.youtube.com...
Here is the link to the September 16-30 numbers page.
anti-proton.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

I love it. They recommend turning authority over to EPA and OSHA. Cause they're not conflicted
Those guyze are such kidders.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I would like to point out something Jade has put in the mix: I may not have run across that dod pfd it it weren't for him, and he knew there was something in it but couldn't crack that nut at that time so he threw it to ats so as someone would bring a nut cracker to it. That concept; the opening to tomorrow's tomorrow connecting to yesterday and beyond is the power of this site : team work, and brilliance , and that "other" thing. if there is to be a "solution" to the murder of the world that is FUKU then this additive process is how we should all understand
edit on 12-10-2011 by Silverlok because: 2 many 2'S

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Bring it on,Jaded,zworld and silverloc,AirCooled and the rest of you, cause you are the only "nutcases" to expose it all!
If,and ,only if,the rest of the world would listen.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Bring it on,Jaded,zworld and silverloc,AirCooled and the rest of you, cause you are the only "nutcases" to expose it all!
If,and ,only if,the rest of the world would listen.

why should we care if they listen ..isn't that the question?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Well,then,we here in this community knows.
What good does it do if "we" know and no one else knows?

edit on 13-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

none right, ace
edit on 13-10-2011 by Silverlok because: hoods are not scary cause pussyies live in them

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It let's us know who to seek out if the zombies come

We may want to designate a landmark at which to meet (off the boards) if something dislodged us from our places of abode.

Just sayin...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
My biggest concern is with all this info that has been accumulated through this entire event,outside this group,who else knows what is really going on.
Anyone know?
Is it just our little secret?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I apologize,just frustrated with all the knowledge across the board here on anything and everything, yet the general public are blind to it all.
I just feel sick to my stomach.
I just don't know what to do anymore.
I read everything on here.
I absorb,digest and spit out some of the crap that comes through here.
But ,in reality,there is some hard,proven scientific facts presented here.
And what do you do with that.

Sorry,I just had to vent alittle.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

In general, I think most people who visit the fragile earth forum are pretty aware, maybe not all of the technical details, but they know the word Fukushima is invective enough to use as a curse word.

The general public?

You know the word usually used for them unfortunately applies in this case. I work in a restaurant and see a wide variety of people, not to mention all of the college kids we get as staff who are generally better educated, yeah they party a lot (some more than others), but for the most part they're fairly bright (we're near UTMB, so it's a lot of med students and we get engineering students and maritime business admin kids from A&M as well) kids, though I do have questions about some of them sometimes... :puzz:

And most of them have no idea. We have one who knows it's a bad deal, but the rest are clueless. I try and inform them, but they're too busy to listen, and there seem to be some who actually wallow in their ignorance. The think that nuclear science (even the very basics) are beyond their comprehension, so they don't even try. They don't seek to know, they think that if they don't understand it, it can't hurt them.

Really

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I know JC,I know.
My wife thinks I'm a loon,so I don't even discuss these issues with her anymore.
She is caught up in her own reality
Ignorance is bliss,right?

Sorry for derailing this thread.I am done.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Yes, well worth a look back on this thread. The Japanese government were well informed isotopes of plutonium and strontium could be aerosolised. So the story put out by the shill scientists employed by the government media masters (i'm guessing) that these isotopes would not be dispersed far from Fukushima was BS to begin with and governments world realise this. The Internet carried alternative investigative exposes (if u like) demonstrating as much back when the explosions occurred in the Dai-ichi nuclear plant. The evidence is in the scientific journals out there, many peer reviewed, some written article even by Japanese scientists. Here is a sample of what I mean.

There is a paper available on the Information Bridge to download that came out of the American Nuclear Society Winter Meeting of 15 November 1987. Basically the aim is to introduce an improved system to measure the effectiveness of radiation particulate detectors in stacks at nuclear facilities.
www.osti.gov...
Title - 'On-Line Measurement of Stack-Gas Particulate Radionuclides'
Okay, here is the pointy end as I understand (experts in the area inform me if I make a mess of this) Radioactive particulates both natural and manmade can escape into the atmosphere but obviously the aim is they do not with the improves filtering devices installed in the gas stacks.

Stack gases from nuclear facilities can contain both natural and manmade radionuclides. Interferences from natural radon daughters limit the detection capability of common radiation measurement methods… This system provides accurate determination of certain stack effluent fine particulates as air concentrations with detection limits at or near the Derived Concentration Guides (DOE 1985).

The kind of particulates they are talking about include plutonium and strontium 90.

Back in April the AlexanderHiggens Blog published the results of plutonium and Sr 90 and other isotope contamination tested for on the US West Coast. These carried over to the States via the jet stream having been injected into it by the explosions at Dai-ichi.
Source

Point of fact Japan's own scientists have published in peer reviewed journals precisely on the subject of dispersal of radionuclides from fallout. In other words the experts in the government of Japan know very well radionuclides "fly". They certainly did at the time those scientists were contacting the investigative journalist Iwakami san to tell him plutonium and strontium isotopes are not going to reach Yokohama from Fukushima via natures pathways.
Title - 'Actinides and long -lived radionuclides in tissues of the Japanese population: Summary of the past 20-year studies' (2000) by Y. Takizawa,1 S. Hisamatsu,2 T. Abe, J. Yama#a3
Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, Vol. 243, No. 2 (2000) 305–312

Radioactive fallout constitutes the major source of contamination of the environment with fission products. Our primary interest was in selected fission products, such as 131I, 89Sr, 90Sr, and 137Cs, and neutron activation products, such as 3H and 14C. Plutonium -239,240, 241Am and 90Tc are generated from nuclear tests, and they are important by-products of nuclear industries. Polonium -210, 210Pb and 232Th, 230Th and 228Th occur widely in nature. These radionuclides enter the human body through inhalation and the ingestion through food and water. These nuclides may cause radiation doses to certain organs of the body. Assessment of the resulting health hazards is an essential public health activity, which demands reliable techniques for the assay of the various radionuclides in man and his environment. In this paper, we present the accumulation of radionuclides from man-made sources and primordial radionuclides in various tissues of the Japanese population. The studies were performed at the Department of Public Health, Akita University School of Medicine, during the periods from 1973 to 1995.

So there is the big on going fib propagated by the Japanese government and exposed full blown by Iwakami san on the NHK radio show October 10, with the findings showing Sr 90 distributed over 240 km (93 miles) from Fukushima. The next question to ask for everyone outside of Japan is how come officials in other countries are not kicking up a stink right now. If we can bomb tens of thousands of Libyans into pulp and decimate the infrastructure of an entire nation on the (official) basis Ghadaffi was going to send a battalion at the Benghazi to murder some protests (apparently bankrolled from interests outside of that country but anyway) then how come we can't send envoys to Tokyo to inform the Japanese government they ought to stop killing off a potentially large section of the population? How come governments in the Northern hemisphere are not handing addressing these concerns publically to allow people to take measures to protect themselves from radioactive contamination?

edit on 13-10-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Oh but they do. I think TRN and Wertwog as well as maybe other have noted MSN carrying reports of apparent reflections in the 'real' world following suggestions made on this thread. Hence the importance of this thread.

BTW I think it was AC who linked first to the video of the NHK radio show studio interview of Yasumi Iwakami san who exposed the most recent Sr 90 story. That was on the day the video came out, the day of the radio show I believe. But did MSN pick up on it? No. The story and video on ENEWS.com virtually only. I put the translation of that interview up on this thread on the at 6:20AM on the 12th - TWO days later. Then bingo, The Japan Times decides the story is worthy. One day later The Mainichi Times. Then hours later CNN decides to carry the story Reuters, The Australian… They all dive into the water, what, three days later after the actual event.

Now perhaps its just synchronicity, one of those odd coincidences, could be. But it was because I took an interest in following the story as one does when you decide its worthy of posting, that it was quite noticeable to me there was an overwhelming lack of interest in it by MSN, at least initially. And the story was out there expanded on and carried by several alternate news sites such as GodlikeProductions who had been following it from day one.

Then hours after posting here that peculiar lemming like plunge into the water by MSN begins.

I don't believe in coincidence. Science does not believe in coincidence. I don't pretend to understand how MSN picks up their news stories but hazard a guess that this ATS thread is noticed, still.

We know. So do THEY. And now a lot more people just like us know too.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Then again I should have added, MSN stories being what they are, a corporate castrated effort before even publication, they didn't say very much. Just that Sr 90 was discovered in a large city. In other words, it adhered to the original cover story by the Japanese government that 'hot spots' are still being discovered. Most, if not all of these stories state the JPN gov will need to verify the findings. Then continue with an implication the source could be "cold-war era" nuclear tests…

Hello? How much BS do governments think their people will swallow? Quite a lot apparently. This one is going to be difficult to get down. You can bet on it.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2011

Test Result on Strontium-90 Detection in Yokohama

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

The results of the test reported by Iwakami san.

Just to place localities in terms of Tokyo - Yokohama city is 27.7 Kilometres (17.20 miles) south of Tokyo. Tokyo lies between Yokohama city and the Dai-ichi plant in Fukushima.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i just want to write about the yokohama case:
until now there is still an investigation going on
because it is possibe that the strontium came there
on the roof in a unnatural way,
we should wait a little bit!
edit on 13-10-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

7 Day Dose of Radiation - University Readings

Dang!!

radioactivity.mext.go.jp...

Just to Note: Bunkyo Ward is like downtown Tokyo...and reading 21...Sendai reading 19...

- Purple Chive
edit on 13-10-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Setagaya radiation likely came from bottles beneath floor of unoccupied house/ hmmm?

Setagaya Ward officials said Thursday night that an extremely high level of radiation has been detected in bottles kept in a box beneath the floorboards of an unoccupied house in Setagaya, and that this is most likely the source of radiation detected on a nearby street on Wednesday.

Researchers found radiation levels of 3.35 microsieverts per hour at a height of one meter by the fence of the unoccupied house along the street in Tsurumaki — much higher than previously reported levels. Initially, officials thought that the radiation may have come from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant which is 220 kilometers away.
Source:[edit by]edit on 13-10-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
i just want to write about the yokohama case:
until now there is still an investigation going on
because it is possibe that the strontium came there
on the roof in a unnatural way,
we should wait a little bit!

Human, I cant imagine how it could get there other than atmospheric transport. The way that the city councilman suggested it got there is completely insane. He thinks someone drove up to an area with high levels of contamination, searched around for a really radiated spot, collected samples and then drove the radiated material to Yokohama, placed it on a roof and then what? Waited for someone to accidentally find it.

The fact that he thinks there are people out there willing to risk their lives to make the disaster seem worse than it already is doesnt fly. The only group of people who could come up with such a preposterous solution are those who are the real criminals, Tepco and the government. I dont mean to destroy anyones hope about something, but in this case I honestly cant see any other avenue.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1086  1087  1088    1090  1091  1092 >>

join