It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1058.htm
<< 1055  1056  1057    1059  1060  1061 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Ladies Auxillary! haha. good one. I'm sure he'd love being compared to that kind of stalwartedness, nothing against the ladies aux, they tend to make dam fine pies and baked goods.

I made an exception to my 'kick em' rule in his case. For a smart feller I think he had a blind spot when it came to renewables, IMO, but he sure had this situation pinned. The only thing I think he missed was the aerosolization/gasification of Pu. He thought it wouldn't make it over to NA due to it's weight. Unfortunately his analysis kept me 'in situ' when I wanted to bolt and it wasn't until 3 weeks later you found out it could and would/had. Meh. No where to go really, and it means I still have a job

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

A couple new screen caps. A partial shot of the north wall of #4 [Just not what's below the hole]. A shot of #3 and the big plan for #3.

And the link [In Japanese]
www.youtube.com.../u/15/53usYhWB3lw

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
from enenews.com...

No sooner do I say that I don't think fission is on going, and this gets posted. Hush my mouth. WW, SL, anyone, why, all of a sudden, would sludge and ash, up to 200 km away, now be hot with I-131 and no readings around the plant reflect this increase. I dont get it. I mean I get Tepco probably lying, but by this much?

From Aug 15 on they have been detecting high levels of I-131 in sewage sludge and incinerator ash. Sludge sampled on August 25th from Maesawa sewage clarification center in Oshu city, marked 2,300 becquerel in iodine131. Most recently they detected it in Tokyo, Nagano and Nigato. As the map shows there is a massive area between these sites.

There have been rumors of Tepco illegally hauling rad waste offsite and burying it. Instead of (or as well as) burying it, could they be dumping small amounts here there and everywhere in sewage plants. Where is the US base in relation to these cities.

Anyway, it looks like weze got fission. Sure would like to know whats in the steam.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

A great report.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Related to Iodine-131:

I am sorry because i know the Term "Half-Life" only from the medical Field
but look: When they say they found Iodine 131 do not mean that it is fresh
or only "8 days" old!

It can be also much, much older!
It can be already 5-6 Month old on that sampled day and
already 20 Times halved!

Something wrong?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

This guy actually has a pretty good analysis, thanks AC, quite plausible, but alarming given the distances between cities and from Fukushima. As for the waste trucking, I wouldn't put it past Tepco, they do have a lot of employees (well contractors) onsite. Once thing to remember is that for I-131 to turn up in sewage it is passing through human bodies first!

Originally posted by Aircooled

This man thinks the core hit the water table Aug 11th.

So, he believes that the 5.8 on August 11 resulted in the core/s going China Syndrome and he found a correlation between that and the first of the 'steam escaping from fissures in the ground' reports that started popping up at the same time. Allow for some time for the steam to transport across land and through human bodies and it accounts for the time delay when I-131 it spiked in the sludge. Possible? Maybe.

I haven't seen evidence that I-131 has ever stopped being released, I see no reason to believe that it has not, especially when we are seeing other fission products, Sr-90, C-137 & 134. Of course the cores have to be a huge mess of various molten materials right now, god only knows what is being created and belched out in those centres. A lot of focus has been on cesium lately but it is not the only fission product being puked out. Lack of information and monitoring (disclosure) on site is no evidence of anything and we shouldn't assume because the info has dried up that fission is not ongoing. Last I remember they're still dumping tons of water on them - where there is water and something hot there is steam. It would be very helpful to be getting these readings, probably that is precisely why they are scarce. That alone tells me we are in 3 Chinas, corium is in the watertable underground, and the fact Russia is sending their own planes over to sample air.

When the air turns cold again we will see the steam plumes or ground pockets that have been there all along but hidden during the day when the weather is warm, and 'amazingly' appear at night.

What would be really nice is a good HD quality picture of each of the cores all nice and pancaked on the secondary containment covered in water and all crusted up. Is that too much to ask? Apparently
Tepco would make me feel a whole lot better if they could produce a picture like that... I mean there are such things as radiation resistant cameras these days right? Have a guy run in there, snap a pic, and have a body bag waiting for him when he crawls out. No problem, just bury him with the other 198 workers 'they can't find', and now you got yourselves a nice PR pic to prove 'cold shutdown', lol.... omg, I really hope Tepco isn't reading this.

[edit] Human, I-131 takes 80 days to disappear totally. A good way to figure this out is take the half-life and times it by 10 and you've got the complete decay cycle. In order for these levels to be being measured, very high suddenly, it means there was a large release recently, and it is not an old release decaying otherwise we would be seeing a downward slope, not a spike that sets off gamma alarms.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Wertwog because: added something

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted.... but...

Report: 76 trillion becquerels of Plutonium-239 released from Fukushima — 23,000 times higher than previously announced

Plutonium.... plutonium...

1 microgram = certain death.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog
reply to post by zworld

Once thing to remember is that for I-131 to turn up in sewage it is passing through human bodies first!

Unless it entered through storm systems during either a rain event, or illegal dumping. Rain events would account for a fair amount due to the short half life. The illegal dumping is possible too. The earlier high I-131 spikes occurred at the R2 seawater intake pit, the same place that earlier leaks fed into and that they supposedly plugged. What if this is also the avenue of escape for groundwater as well as the trenches around R1-4. And instead of letting it back up or heavily radiate the rest of the area, they're trucking it out to many different locations. You ship it out in a sewage truck, and no one questions anything by the time it gets to Nagano (or where ever). Its a thought.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

You're right about the rain, I forgot that often times storm drains go into the sewer lines also. Even still, if it's raining out and popping out so far away it's purdy high levels at the source. To me it's kinda far-fetched to think they'd be trucking it so far, but meh, this is Tepco we're talking about. I would think that they would know that the treatment plants have radiological detectors and it might be better PR if I-131 wasn't detected so far away.... but again.... that assumes there is someone in charge who has a functional neural connection somewhere. Hummm, possible also we have another reactor closer to these cities that's been venting...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Yeah, sooner or later it comes down to recent releases. I cant understand how no one has demanded that the steam be tested. Its such a no brainer.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
On May 20 they release where they found the first 1Sv/h piece of rubble.

On May 28 this finding disappears and a reading of 160 mSv/h takes its place.

This is why. This first and second photo shows the elephant #1 and behind it is the location of the 1000mSv/h rubble, clearly marked with a rad alert sign.

Now look at the sight the next day when they released the story. It looks like all they did was go in and push stuff on top of the hot rubble, bringing readings down to the 160 range. By the end of May one would think that Tepco had it together enough to be able to remove highly radioactive material when they find it. Obviously not.

But there is absolutely no excuse for the working condition this poor soul is going through in the month of August. Tepco press releases show the company struggling to improve its image and reach important goals, while the truth of the matter is that there are subcontractors under subcontractors doing helter skelter work and people are still being subjected to dangerous working conditions.

Before this photo was taken, Tepco already knew that the readings were off the hook in this area from thermal photos, which is how they discovered this source of radiation (and begs the question, why didn't they thermal photograph the whole place early on and discover these unbelievably radioactive locations). 10 Sv/h kills pretty much instantly. and this is greater than 10Sv/h.

In the first photo, the worker doesn't even have on a proper mask let alone a self contained breathing apparatus and complete coverage suit.

The second photo is the next tester, much better prepared. This photo quickly replaced the first photo with the appalling working conditions. But the sign that is now right next to the pipe, WHO DID THAT! They would have been overdosed within seconds. I sure hope it wasn't the poor guy with a dust mask on. But I could see someone making him do that. After watching Tepco these last few months that is.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Good god. For sure he is one of the 'missing'. My heart breaks to think what these men are being subjected to and they obviously have no idea otherwise they'd run and never look back.

Acute radiation sickness is one of the most horrible deaths imaginable

Tepco and JapGov need to be tried in international court for crimes against humanity. Pure and simple! Better yet, line those b*stards up and march 'em in to their own reactors.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

[edit] Human, I-131 takes 80 days to disappear totally. A good way to figure this out is take the half-life and times it by 10 and you've got the complete decay cycle. In order for these levels to be being measured, very high suddenly, it means there was a large release recently, and it is not an old release decaying otherwise we would be seeing a downward slope, not a spike that sets off gamma alarms.

Okay, i believe you

But still think/ hope there is something wrong,
i mean why all of you can read the Data in such an different Way
than Tepco or/ and the Japanese Government?

They (Tepco, Consultants and the J-Government) can't be soooooo stupid,
a misinterpretation is this scale is unthinkable.

But one or two Days ago i posted an Article and it was "afaik."the first Time
that a Japanese in a Japanese Newspaper said that the Corium from Nr.1
could be on/ in the Groundwater, maybe this was the Sign!

Damned

I was waiting so long for the new Rice because old Rice taste not so jummy,
no Peaches and no Nashis.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Unit 1 Covering Construction

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

I give it 5 years.

It's not keeping radiation in. They'll be sending THAT up the stack for dispersal at higher elevations. All this will do is make it seem like the site is less radioactive and allow workers to get closer to the hot areas so they can dismantle the buildings in privacy.

The Russians must be shaking their heads in disbelief. Why didn't they think of a great big poly tent! OH WAIT. They actually wanted containment.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

The reason we read the data differently is we don't have a world to fool.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Tepco and JapGov need to be tried in international court for crimes against humanity. Pure and simple! Better yet, line those b*stards up and march 'em in to their own reactors.

And with our help they will be.

The Russians must be shaking their heads in disbelief. Why didn't they think of a great big poly tent! OH WAIT. They actually wanted containment.

And why Russian aircraft are now breaking Japanese airspace to figure out what Tepco and the nuclear mafia is up to. Even statements on RU news are showing signs of reaching the breaking point. Russia and China are not happy campers right now, and yet we continue to get the brunt of any radiation leaving Japan, not them. And our govt (and yours for that matter) dont seem to be bothered. Hmmmmm?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Can anyone explain what the yellow brown coloring is on R1. Dont remember seeing it before. Its not antiscatter as it moves around.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Z - noticed this a few night ago also. Unit #1 has and odd coloring to it...also the whole camera clarity and lighting seems to be "different".

They'll be covering it up soon so we won't have to worry about it.

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive
reply to post by zworld

Z - noticed this a few night ago also. Unit #1 has and odd coloring to it...also the whole camera clarity and lighting seems to be "different".

They'll be covering it up soon so we won't have to worry about it.

- Purple Chive

Interesting. First we see weird flashes and what appears to be arcing going on, and now this coloring. Hmmm? me thinks they might have more trouble with covering R1 (and the rest) than they think.

Of course the real question is why are they going down the poly route and not the concrete route. Ill phone up Tepco and find out what is........wait a minute. Their phones disconnected from not paying their bill.

top topics

<< 1055  1056  1057    1059  1060  1061 >>

join