It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1057.htm
<< 1054  1055  1056    1058  1059  1060 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

More on Food contamination...

As an avid gardener...to not be able to eat the food you grow...inconceivable and heartbreaking.

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Russian Bombers flying around Japan....

This is interesting. Kinda like China taking their naval ships into Japanese territorial waters....

Do you think Russia and China are suspicious of the radiation readings the Japanese gov't and TEPCO are reporting?

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Poignant...

Each day for most of the past six months, there has been a steady drip, drip, drip of worrying news: cesium found in the breast milk of seven mothers; strontium discovered inside the city limits; 45% of children in one survey testing positive for thyroid exposure. There are reports of suicides by desperate farmers and lonely evacuees, contaminated beef smuggled on to the market, and warnings that this autumn's rice crop may have to be abandoned.

So much more...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Everyone I encounter in the US has no idea what is going on in Japan. It scares the living Sh!t out of me. How all of this information can be so suppressed? And these are highly intelligent, worldly folks. When TMI and Chernobyl happened they were over the headlines.

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Yes Purple I totally agree on the lack of information in the US. I moved to Southern CA in June of ' 85.
I was very concerned when Chernobyl happened....it was in the MSM news, but I thought it was strange
how people reacted, as they didn't seem concerned, that we wouldn't receive enough radiation to cause any effect.
I for myself didn't know enough at the time so everything thing went along as usual.
I now truly feel like we are just scientific experiments, especially after reading about the cancer eating microbes.

Now we have Oil & Corexit eating microbes, Cancer eating microbes (these 2 supposedly new) & whatever
the Bloody Hell else they are doing to us & the rest of the World!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
mdn.mainichi.jp...
Radiation experts warns of further dangers at Fukushima. It's a good read for a change.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Nice primer from Arnie regarding nuke & radiation.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Update posted on the site you found AC:

9/9 I recieved a reply from Mr. Sonoda (Parliamentary Secretary). He said he saw this web site and would have a consultation about correspondence.

I hope he makes several copies of any photos or documents he has and tells a friend before he goes to any sort of meeting in case something happens to him.

Would hate to find a report of this person committing suicide or disappearing into nowhereland with no one to know where he was going.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Cheap Chinese made Radiation Detectors...30 percent lower than real emissions

I've just got my hands on a copy of this report. So, for anyone interested in this story:

A PDF file of japanese original can be downloaded here, at the bottom of the page.

There's a huge variation with the results that all of these nine models produce. Some are way up, some are way down. The trend seems to be "up" for atmospheric readings and "down" for cesium.

If you look at page 7, it gives you photos of the 9 tested models. The 10th is the control model. In the graphs that follow, the kanji 参考品 represents the control model.

The graphs are as follows (pardon the quick and dirty translation)
Page 9: (top): atmospheric/background radiation.
(bottom) atmospheric/background radiation (shielded measurement).
Page 11: Cs gamma irradiation test. Far right is the control sample (at the values listed)
Page 12: (top) Cs gamma irradiation test @ 0.115μSv/h
(bottom) deviation, Cs gamma (control is in red)

... this is suddenly an interesting problem. All but one returned elevated levels of background radiation, and that one model failed in a shielded test. Conversely, all models were too low when it came to Cs gamma.

From the sound of things, although some of these models were bought by local governments, there's no indication that their measurements were considered part of the official record. If nothing else, this may help explain some of the anomalous readings and hot spots we've been seeing reported online.

Might be worth looking through some of the youtube geiger counter vids and comparing them with the ones in the above list..

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

TEPCO depiction of Debris removal Units 3 and 4

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

TEPCO Picture release Unit 1

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Radioactive Water Storage Situation at Daiichi

www.tepco.co.jp...

Radiation amounts in Ocean Soil

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Good post. I gave you a star.

A pity so many of the thread stalwarts no longer post here. Particularly TRN.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Don't worry, it will all still be here when you are better...what's the 1/2 life of plutonium? 24,100 years.

You crack me up PC, thanks. I still have the thermal analysis Ill post soon but then a rest. Keep on keepin on.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
seattletimes.nwsource.com...
A very good read on Fukushima's nuclear past.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Large amount of Tuna caught in Onahama Port, meanwhile TEPCO releases 360 Bq/K cesium found in port soil

TEPCO's ocean soil sampling 3km off Onahama Port on September 8th, detects 170 bq/k Cs-134 and 190 bq/k Cs-137 (360 bq/k total).

www.tepco.co.jp...

Meanwhile this EX-SKF article rpts.

Onahama Port in Iwaki City had its first landing of 18 tonnes of shipjack tuna caught off the coast of Miyagi Prefecture. A quick testing was done by Iwaki Meisei University didn't find radioactive materials, and the fish were sold in the city and also shipped to the Tokyo region.

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

So no "radioactive materials" were found in the fish? Yet TEPCO's testing for just Cesium alone in the ocean soil came up with 360 bq/k....(they didn't test for strontium, americium and all the other goodies...)

Anyhow...maybe Shipjack Tuna are immune to radioactive substances!!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Video showing where TEPCO excavated cliff to put Daiichi

In the very beginning of this video it shows the naturally occurring cliffs along the shore, and then where the cliffs were excavated to put the N-plant. Amazing. Japan had plenty of historical evidence when they built Daiichi and Daini that large tsunamis were prone to hit the area. A major human ego trip with Mother Nature!

- Purple Chive
edit on 10-9-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Video showing where TEPCO excavated cliff to put Daiichi

Nice Score PC. Some of the best early footage Ive seen so far. Will come in handy down the road.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Japanese Minister Resigns Over Gaffe

Barely a week after being appointed Japan trade minister, Yoshio Hachiro quit his post Saturday over controversial remarks he made after a visit to Fukushima Prefecture, rocking a new cabinet that was supposed to shore up a jittery and increasingly beleaguered administration. "I am very sorry for the series of inappropriate remarks that hurt the feelings of people in Fukushima," Mr. Hachiro said at a news conference Saturday evening, after a day in which calls for his resignation spread not only within opposition parties but also in the ruling Democratic Party of Japan.

"I told Prime Minister [Yoshihiko] Noda of my intention to resign, and he accepted." Mr. Hachiro's resignation over the gaffe, before Japan's parliament has even reconvened, will further strengthen the image of the DPJ as a party of political inexperience and incompetence. The development comes just days after Mr. Noda, the party's third prime minister in two years, was installed as an intended safe pair of hands to steady the DPJ's fortunes. On Friday, Mr. Hachiro described parts of Fukushima as a

"city of death"

after visiting the quake-hit prefecture that is at the center of Japan's worst nuclear accident. The remark was one of several comments that attracted sharp criticism for their inappropriate nature.

Source:

Sea Radiation from Fukushima Water Triple Estimated Amounts

apan's biggest utility company underestimated the amount of radiation levels in sea water by around three times, said Japan's Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA). Takuya Kobayashi, a researcher at the agency measured the amounts - measurements stated that 4,720 trillion becquerels of cesium-137 were released along with iodine-131 into the Pacific Ocean, but researchers say that between March 21 and April 30 around 15,000 trillion becquerels are supposed to have leaked.

Source:

78% of people worry about future big quake

Nearly 80 percent of Japanese worry that a major earthquake could occur in the area they live--the highest figure since 2002--and only 3 percent believe the Diet has done a good job handling the March 11 disaster, according to a Yomiuri Shimbun survey.

Sixty-eight percent of respondents said they are concerned radioactive substances that leaked from the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant could harm the health of themselves and their families, according to the survey, which was conducted Sept. 3 and 4. The proportion of people worried about radioactive materials harming their health was highest in the Tohoku and Kanto regions at 76 percent. The figure was 51 percent in the Chugoku region and Shikoku, and 59 percent in Kyushu.

Although 82 percent of respondents said the Self-Defense Forces had performed well in the aftermath of the Great East Japan Earthquake, just 6 percent felt the government had done a good job--and only 3 percent said the Diet had done so.

Source:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

This man thinks the core hit the water table Aug 11th.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
reply to post by Wertwog

Good post. I gave you a star.

A pity so many of the thread stalwarts no longer post here. Particularly TRN.

A true pity is that so many of his predictions ( even as a pro-nuclear advocate ) have been vindicated , and by the way, after the nuke industry he works for has handled this situation in a way that will be skewered by historians I think he would be insulted by STALWART:

stal·wart/ˈstôlwərt/
Adjective: Loyal, reliable, and hardworking: "he remained a stalwart supporter of the cause".
Noun: A loyal, reliable, and hardworking supporter or participant in an organization or team: "the stalwarts of the Ladies' Auxiliary".

especially as Fukushima has ( and still F'n is ) change(ing) the world . perhaps you are radiation resistant
edit on 10-9-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1054  1055  1056    1058  1059  1060 >>

join