It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1009.htm
<< 1006  1007  1008    1010  1011  1012 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
And I leave you with this inspirational thought, brought to us by Dr. Shunichi Yama#a, the current head of the governments Fukushima health study, and the man who said that pregnant women can be exposed to 100 milliseiverts without any harm done
:

“The effects of radiation do not come to people that are happy and laughing. They come to people that are weak-spirited, that brood and fret.”

And doesnt that make you feel warm and fuzzy all over in distinctly Fukushima fashion. All I can say is

edit on 12-8-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Ocean Soil Sampling...WOW!

The image on page two is very revealing...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Wonder about strontium, plutonium...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

And the 5.0 near Hamamatsu...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

And TEPCO reports this...imagine what they are NOT reporting!!!

At around 3:22 on August 12, a 6-magnitude earthquake centered in off the coast of Fukushima prefecture occurred. There were no abnormalities observed in the status of water injection into the reactors of Units 1 to 3, nitrogen gas injection into the primary containment vessels of Units 1 to 3, operation of water treatment facilities, circulating cooling of pool water by the substitute pool cooling and filtering system, etc. There was no influence on the operation of water treatment system, however, the boiler of concentrating device of the desalination instrument stopped and we reset it at 3:42 pm. Later during a patrol, there was no influence found on the important facilities, however, at 5:06 am, we found one of the two temporary air compressors for instrumentation stopped. As we could not restart it, we started a back-up diesel-powered compressor at 6:44 am. At 5:27 am, we observed a slight amount of bleeding at the surface of a hose of a spent fuel pool circulating cooling facility in the waste treatment building of Unit 4. We are planning to replace it later. There is neither abnormality in the major parameters of each unit, nor injuries to the staff. The readings of the monitoring posts stay in the normal fluctuation range.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Well Golly Gee...

Cesium-tainted soil samples from the center were poured into fresh water and water containing fertilizers, and these were stirred for a while. But only 20 pct of the cesium contained in the soil samples dissolved into the water, while the rest remained stuck to soil particles. The result indicates that it is difficult to wash cesium away from crop fields and rice paddies.

jen.jiji.com...

Maybe another rain for 40 days and 40 nights might help?

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I only have a moment, but had to ask....what is the light in the sky over the plant right now? 9am U.S. central time.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

The moon...however a UFO at this point wouldn't be inconceivable...for your entertainment...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Let's just bury the problem...and hope no one finds out...or complains...

In Matsudo, Chiba Prefecture, up to 47,400 becquerels per kilogram of radioactive cesium was found in ash at two garbage processing plants in July.

The figure is about six times the government's interim limit for ash to be disposed of in land reclamation.

As a result, 39.5 tons of the problematic ash was buried at a Kosakamachi landfill facility.

In Matsudo, about 30 tons of radioactive ash is being temporarily stored in a parking lot and other places. But the city government has said the storage space will become full by the end of this month.

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Wonder how many surreptitious barges are heading out to sea to dump this crap?

- Purple Chive

edit on 12-8-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Hey Z. I think there are some instructions on ATS, somewhere. I still don't know my way around, all that well. Here's what I do know. Most of the U-tube videos have, in the middle an = sign. When you see that, you copy from the right back to, but not including the equal sign. You will see the vid show in the preview. When they don't have the = sign in the URL, I have no idea. I was hoping one of the gang here could tell me. I've tried several different combinations of symbols, but had no luck when the vid has no equal sign [=].PS that vid, that Stealthy Cat posted has been yanked already by user it says, so I can't even get a screen cap of whatever it was, on there.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

A couple of screen caps from the June 24th Infa-red video

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Greetings. I'm a Japanese-English translator who has been following this thread since the beginning of the Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear disaster and I've really been amazed at the level of commentary and discussion on this forum when the topic has completely disappeared from mainstream news outlets. I just signed up for an account here so I can participate in this discussion and help out with translation in any way I can. I don't normally translate many technical documents, but I have done a number of translations regarding the aftermath of the Tohoku earthquake, so I think I would be able to offer some help. If there's anything you want me to take a look at or clarify, let me know.

Thank you.

-Daniero

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

AC, where did you get thermal videos from
I want I want I want

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniero
reply to post by zworld

Greetings. I'm a Japanese-English translator who has been following this thread since the beginning of the Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear disaster and I've really been amazed at the level of commentary and discussion on this forum when the topic has completely disappeared from mainstream news outlets. I just signed up for an account here so I can participate in this discussion and help out with translation in any way I can. I don't normally translate many technical documents, but I have done a number of translations regarding the aftermath of the Tohoku earthquake, so I think I would be able to offer some help. If there's anything you want me to take a look at or clarify, let me know.

Thank you.

-Daniero

Thank you Daniero, thank you, thank you. Ill post some stuff thats just one liners that Im working on right now. With your help we can get Fukushima mapped, most important thing right now.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Ocean Soil Sampling...WOW!

The image on page two is very revealing...

Wow is right. Where the hell does the Ena reading come from. Its almost 60 miles from Daiichi and yet its recording the same levels as Fukushima's south discharge point.

Another thing that is hard to fathom is why is the north discharge from Fukushima, which feeds out units 5 and 6, reading 5+ times hotter than the south discharge (and Ena?) which feeds out units 1-4. THAT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE. Unless of course they are illegally dumping water from the basements (or the UC) out into the north end of the plant.

Hey AC. I think you found something. Now if we could find where those pipes start from that you highlighted yesterday that would explain alot (if indeed they are feeding water out to sea, which would be an action considered criminally insane). Tepco wouldn't do something like that though, would they.........would they?..... uh oh.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Thermal Videos!!

Hyperventilating!!! Where are you getting these vids AC? WOWWOWOOW!!

More!! More!!

Great Job!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
folks, Im going to start working on a map of Fukushima ASAP, as soon as Ive cleared out posts Im now working on. Ive made so many mistakes from just not knowing where I was on the plant, or what I was looking at, that it has become paramount. For instance, in earlier post I stated that the EH (exhaust house) was the building that was now just a metal skeleton. Wrong. That is the support for the exhaust pipes that come out of the EH, and in between it and R4. The EH appears to have little damage.

If anyone has any suggestions for the best photos to use for mapping purposes, let er fly.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I-131 in Seawater...fission...Unit 2

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
www.dailymotion.com...
Ok, again, I have no idea how to post a vid that does contain an = sign, but after several failed atemps to pop this in the u-tube box, I tried just pasting the link on the page, and it lit up.....so hopefully......you can get there. Oh and correction...It's June 26

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I also did this zoom from a May 14 vid. I know you were looking at this area south west of #4, and there wan't much footage. Hey! I tried the link to the thermal video. It works, dude!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by daniero

Welcome Aboard Daniero !!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by daniero

Daniero - Welcome!! Glad you stopped lurking!! I lurked for a long time too...and experienced much trepidation about joining. But finally had to participate - the folks on this forum...FABULOUS!!

Would you be so kind to check out the link below and see if there is anything of value to post on this thread in English?

savechild.net...

Nonsensical with Google translator...

Very Appreciative!

- Purple Chive

top topics

<< 1006  1007  1008    1010  1011  1012 >>

join