It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual inuendo in kids movies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I am not sure if this is a normal thing lol. I am watching the hole IMDB, my little sister said it is a good movie. Seems like it is geared towards kids to me but I thought I would give it a shot. Here is the dialogue I came across, 13 minutes in.

Younger brother, I would guess 8ish. "Hey do you wanna come look at our hole."

Female next door neighbor, 14 be my guess "I'm sorry?"

Older brother, about same age as female "Um.... ah nothing, we got this hole in the floor, it's no big deal."

Female "Hmmmm is that what you do in brooklyn for fun, play with your holes?"

Lmao, is this kinda thing normal in kids movies or what? Am I just reading too much into it? I dunno, I guess I will finish watching it, but that really had me laughing my ass off.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If you've ever seen an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba you'd know and realize that there is tons of hidden messages that are innocent and entertaining when perceived by kids, but hilarious when perceived by adults.

Example : DJ Lance hands out little plastic baggies to the other characters with two round objects in them, then proceeds to break into a song called "Try it! You'll Like it" which then gets remixed at the end of the show to Trippy Fractal backgrounds and a dancing cyclops studded dildo.

I think it is generally any part of a successful children's show, it needs to be watchable and entertaining for the adults too.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

What kinds of "adults" is that "hilarious" to?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
lots of kids films have them in, guess it just to give the adults a laugh.
obviously the kids dont pick up on it because they have nothing to relate it too

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Spongebob is a contraceptive.

Patrick is the little friend that likes to visit and bump into the sponge a lot.

Squidworth is someone who disapproves of contraception and as a consequence is always unhappy and lonely.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I kind of liked the movie. Scared my girls anyways.

Sexual innuendo is normal, there are plenty of things in kids movies that are directly geared towards adults. Things that kids could not get in any way, I guess that is how parents keep putting up with more useful kids movies.

I would say they are a little older though, maybe 11ish for the boy and 15ish for the older brother and girl. Not that that makes a difference.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yea I've noticed this a lot when watching old movies. Things you would have never understood as a kid.
I can bet they put it in them so the parents could enjoy going to see a kid movie with their children.

The movie 'up' (the 3d one about the house) had a lot of this in it. I went with my ex to that movie, and there were mostly kids in the theater with their parents, and also a few my age. It was very easy to tell that this was the goal.. there were times that only kids in the theater laughed, and times where only us 'older' people laughed.

It's just about making it enjoyable for a wide range of age groups.

ps. they did this in wall-e a lot too.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Just for the record
sexual innuendo is a thousand times better
than gratutious violence or blood splatter.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Anybody remember Soupy Sales? Definitely some diversity going on there as to a "kid vs adult" interpretation of what was being presented in some segments of that show.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I am not sure if this is a normal thing lol. I am watching the hole IMDB, my little sister said it is a good movie. Seems like it is geared towards kids to me but I thought I would give it a shot. Here is the dialogue I came across, 13 minutes in.

Younger brother, I would guess 8ish. "Hey do you wanna come look at our hole."

Female next door neighbor, 14 be my guess "I'm sorry?"

Older brother, about same age as female "Um.... ah nothing, we got this hole in the floor, it's no big deal."

Female "Hmmmm is that what you do in brooklyn for fun, play with your holes?"

Lmao, is this kinda thing normal in kids movies or what? Am I just reading too much into it? I dunno, I guess I will finish watching it, but that really had me laughing my ass off.

You were laughing your ass off because you are a pervert.

Kids mostly are not as perverted as older individuals, so they likely wouldn't find that very funny because they wouldn't automatically associate "hole" with anus and/or vagina.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Lol, it wasn't just what was said, but also HOW it was said. Maybe I am a pervert, or maybe you just have no sense of humor?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You forgot the tv show Skins on MTV, see it for yourself.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Am I just reading too much into it?

Actually I think you have stumbled upon the biggest conspiracy of the times. This could only mean that the PTB are trying to tell us, but not tell us, that they all abuse children.

Maybe they have problems in the past about being abused as children or they have some weird fantasy about it and they want to hint to the rest of the world r'something. That's my best guess.

Let us know what other info you dig up about this movie. I would look for the entire cast's criminal background to start.
edit on 10-3-2011 by wiredamerican because: I spelled wrong

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

That is one I never heard of before lol. I will have to give it a look when I get a chance.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I am digging this movie so far too. Seems pretty original to me. You are probably right about the ages, I am pretty horrible at guessing ages lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Haha, that puts a spin onto that show that I never thought of. Good stuff!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

I was never really into kids movies, even when I was kid. I only downloaded this because my sis recommended it, and she usually has good taste when it comes to movies. I guess it makes sense to try to make movies funny for adults too.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Depends on the context really. I like it when the movie has a real plot, even if it has violence and blood. Like the saw series, they did a great job when it comes to plot. Not that I would let my girls watch that one lmao.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeBoss

MTV? I think that is geared more towards teens no? Or has it changed that much? I can't even pretend to have a clue, it has been a long time since I watched that channel. I gave it up when music videos became the minority, and retarded TV shows started to dominate. So yeah it has been a while for me.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Wow.... Well I gave the IMDB page in the OP, feel free to dig into the criminal backrounds of the cast, and post the results.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join