It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If flight deck door was never opened then.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reheat
You need to make sure to keep your day job.

Electronic things require ELECTRICity to function. There is no electricity applied to aircraft sitting at the gate during the pre-flight walkaround. Therefore, surprisingly enough, the electronic door sensor would not record anything during those periods of no electricity.

I wonder what all the flight attendants use for light? or how the luggage bins were lit?
candles?

As soon as I saw your name on this thread I KNEW it was going to be an insult to my post! You're way too predictable!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

You need to make sure to keep your day job.

Electronic things require ELECTRICity to function. There is no electricity applied to aircraft sitting at the gate during the pre-flight walkaround. Therefore, surprisingly enough, the electronic door sensor would not record anything during those periods of no electricity.

I wonder what all the flight attendants use for light? or how the luggage bins were lit?
candles?

As soon as I saw your name on this thread I KNEW it was going to be an insult to my post! You're way too predictable!

I anticipated a smart ass answer that further displayed your ignorance and I wasn't disappointed. So, you think external power is applied to an aircraft when there is no one in the cockpit? You know just enough to be dangerous to yourself and others.

It really doesn't matter anyway because the FDR uses GENERATOR type electrical power only. The CVR will recorded with external applied, but not the FDR. It requires a generator to operate. BTW, that means that at least one engine must be running.

Congratulations, you're wrong again as usual....

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

For others, there are dozens of parameters available in the FDR that are not used (hooked up) by all airlines. The door sensor was not required by the FAA, so it would have been a Company option whether or not to hook it up. Quite obviously it was not hooked up.

Since the door showed closed for all previous entire flights of the aircraft (approximately 25 hours) it is patently obvious that it was not functioning. End of thread.]

Even during periods of maintenance. Why are people still making fools of themselves arguing over a parameter that was not even recorded?
edit on 15-4-2011 by 911files because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

The assertions and "opinions" expressed in your Opening Post are absolutely off....and show that you have NO proper understanding and comprehension of the subject matter.

Gee....even the photo image you included?? It is a MODERN image of a REINFORCED, POST-9/11 COCKPIT DOOR!!!!

It bears no....ZERO, nada, zilch.....NO RESEMB:LANCE to the door actually installed on American Airlines flight 77 on 11 September, 2001.

Major fail, this thread.

IN ANY EVENT! IT has ALREADY been proven , beyond any shadow of a doubt, that the SSFDR did NOT record the actual cockpit door (or, "Flight Deck Door") OPEN/C'___' latch position information, on that airplane and in that set-up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join