It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else feel apathetic and disconnected this month?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

Actually now that you mentioned it, it could be rage. I feel very angry at "the system" and want to do something to change it, but see nothing i can do. As a result, it's just stored and buried, but the issue doesn't go away, probably creating the apathy. Part of the issue is that i don't see a way to change it without violence, and i'm somewhat of a nonviolent person. There has to be a peaceful way, i just don't see it.

I am right there with you. For some reason I do have anger and I am always wanting to tell someone to "f**k off", sometimes I even manipulate situations just so I can justify telling someone that, but have yet to have it happen on something really significant. I do not think that violence is the answer either, or is it? That is not a road I would want to walk down, but at the same time if I were put in that situation I would mix it up with the best of them. I am just waiting for the opportunity to really get into someones face when there is no doubt in my mind that I am right and they are wrong, that someone being an authority figure and not leave anything unsaid.

I do not know, maybe the best thing for me to do is go buy an iphone, set up a facebook and twitter account and join the rest of the mindless masses.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by mossme89

Im glad you brought that up. Since we are going into the realm of pure speculation, I do think that there only has to be some percentage of us who "agree" to change. Its doesnt need to be all of us, because most of us are not "deciders" we are "followers."

Exactly. And that also ties in the importance of social networking. With things such as Twitter, information flies. But it's like if people "agree" to change, let's say some energy goes into a sort of bank of sorts. That bank keeps growing until it tips over, and starts to change.

I dont know if reducing the whole population is important though. I seems to me that a percentage of us are required not a total number. Like that whole theory that 11% is the tipping point.

If you look throughout history, you'll see this to be true. A couple million toppled the Egyptian government in a country of 30 million. With the American Revolution, not everybody agreed to fight against the British. It's an active minority that makes the change.

I think the problem is.....................and tell me what you feel............is that we are stuck trying to decide if there is really anything redeeming about us. I know I keep getting hung up on that. Hope......on the one hand, that we can be better, and total disillusionment when I look at people and realize that so many of us arent very nice.

But something just "clicked" in my head. Maybe they are totally aware that we can flip this coin. And maybe thats the whole point of their army of sock puppets and media campaigns, to make us think we are horrible and not worth it, and prevent us from choosing to evolve.

Have you ever seen Battlestar Galactica? I just started watching it and at least where i am (a few episodes in), the big theme is whether, after having their home planet destroyed, humanity is worth saving. What i think about humanity is that we're extremes. We're capable of the worst horrors and the greatest deeds. Regardless, there are still good, unselfish people out there. They're hard to find, but they're there.

The saying that most crimes result from a lack of love and understanding really resonates with me. It's my belief that if we had a more fair, and loving society, with better living conditions, crime would severely diminish.

Because thats the sense I get, we are hung up on "go forward" of "extinction" and maybe the media and sockpuppet campaign is designed to make us choose to give up. Isnt extinction like the ultimate in apathy?

Either that, or just reinforce control. It's my belief we weren't born to be controlled, but to be free. To go along with what you said, there's an old saying that what you do to others, you eventually do to yourself. Humanity has been notorious for hating each other, and now they hate themselves.

Originally posted by Skewed
I do not know, maybe the best thing for me to do is go buy an iphone, set up a facebook and twitter account and join the rest of the mindless masses.

Once you're awake, there's really no going back to sleep. I've tried, and it really just doesn't work because the injustices of the world are still in the back of your head, or at least they were for me.
edit on 10-3-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
As easy as it is to feel disillusioned, now is not the time. Since this is a community, then you all need to find inspiration amongst yourselves individually, find something to make you feel good about yourself.

If you really feel down or distant or tired or vague, then stop looking at the negative side of things, get more (or less sleep) and go get some sunlight and feel the breeze on your face. It's amazing what twenty minutes outside can do for you!

If you have vivid dreams, try and paint them, write about them, or bring them into this world.

No point feeling down, be strong for your friends and family, because you wouldn't want to see them this way would you?

www.youtube.com...

Drink tea! Be creative! Tell someone you love them! Do something random and generous for someone

edit on 10-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: edit - video wouldn't embed

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
As easy as it is to feel disillusioned, now is not the time. Since this is a community, then you all need to find inspiration amongst yourselves individually, find something to make you feel good about yourself.

I do feel good about myself, it is everything else around bringing me down.

If you really feel down or distant or tired or vague, then stop looking at the negative side of things, get more (or less sleep) and go get some sunlight and feel the breeze on your face. It's amazing what twenty minutes outside can do for you!

It will not quit raining long enough for the sun to come out.

No point feeling down, be strong for your friends and family, because you wouldn't want to see them this way would you?

I am pretty good at compartmentalizing things.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Either that, or just reinforce control. It's my belief we weren't born to be controlled, but to be free. To go along with what you said, there's an old saying that what you do to others, you eventually do to yourself. Humanity has been notorious for hating each other, and now they hate themselves.

You know what I have really been learning in the last couple weeks though? Kind of like the collective intelligence has been cluing me in...... I have been learning that this is the biggest lie of all.

Most people do not want to be free. We want to be led. We are pack animals. We are not lone wolves. And we disparage people for being followers and sheeple when there is nothing at all wrong with the majority of the animals in a social group being followers. It HAS to be that way.

The problem is the one Plato elaborated. And that is that the only people who seek power are the ones who will abuse it.

We need those who do not want the responsibility of leadership but who are capable of it to take charge and shoulder the burden. And because those people are not power seekers, they only tend to grab the reins when it becomes completely apparent that there is no other option.

Maybe that time is soon.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Since March started, I've felt a sense of disconnect and pretty apathetic. I still go through the motions, but the world just seems boring to me. Even with all the upheaval and stuff in the middle east going on, it's just boring. But i've had very vivid dreams and the strange thing is that i feel more alive in my dreams than i do in every day life.

It could just be me, but i thought i'd post it here to see what you all thought.

Well, I've felt pretty disconnected since September, but it has increased since March began. I'm not saying that anything paranormal is causing this, but it is possible. In the area I live in, it keeps snowing and the sun hasn't properly shined for a few months. There is a condition that a person can get if they don't receive enough sunlight and the side-effects include depression and general disconnection. This could be what you are experiencing. Then again, my dreams are always lucid and vivid. It seems like I'm living another life while I sleep.

A lot of people are reporting about this. Either we are becoming desensitized to the world's stupidity or something is happening to expand our consciousness. One of my friends thinks something will happen on March 19th. Guess we'll have to see, huh?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

We need those who do not want the responsibility of leadership but who are capable of it to take charge and shoulder the burden. And because those people are not power seekers, they only tend to grab the reins when it becomes completely apparent that there is no other option.

How successful do you think I would be if I walked up to The White House and told O that his services are no longer needed and that I am there to relieve him of his duties?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You know what I have really been learning in the last couple weeks though? Kind of like the collective intelligence has been cluing me in...... I have been learning that this is the biggest lie of all.

Most people do not want to be free. We want to be led. We are pack animals. We are not lone wolves. And we disparage people for being followers and sheeple when there is nothing at all wrong with the majority of the animals in a social group being followers. It HAS to be that way.

The problem is the one Plato elaborated. And that is that the only people who seek power are the ones who will abuse it.

Maybe that time is soon.

I don't know. People can follow, i guess, but personally i'm more of a free spirit. I don't like to follow or lead, just do my own thing.
edit on 10-3-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Both my wife and I are insomniacs so we take otc sleep aids. In the past month it seems every store is out of maximum strength sleep remedies. We usually get the no name store brand (50mg Diphenhydramine) and occasionally have to purchase name brand but this is the first time there was no option, the shelves are empty.
Either supply has decreased or demand has increased, I tend to think the latter.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Wow, that's interesting, I wonder what part of the country you're in? I'm in SoCal and I noticed the exact same thing recently. Diphenhydramine, that's the generic for Benadryl, and there are 3 major uses for it, to help with insomnia, for allergies and allergic reactions, and to help with congestion. So there must be a lot of at least one of those things going around because the shelves in the stores here have been empty, I mean literally empty, just a great big empty space where it's supposed to be. Either that or there's a shortage going on because of a manufacturing probem or something.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

You think the only way to lead is in the White House? Its not.

Leadership can (and does) begin at home. Start a group in your neighborhood. Even Obama started out in local politics.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Skewed

You think the only way to lead is in the White House? Its not.

Leadership can (and does) begin at home. Start a group in your neighborhood. Even Obama started out in local politics.

I was speaking with some tongue in cheek.

2nd

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Maybe. I cant comment, because I dont know you. The only thing I know about you is that you are on a forum, talking to other people. Not off alone doing your own thing without people.

You are leading the topic because you were the OP, not following it, like the others in the thread were.

But, lead or follow, you are engaged socially. Just not in person.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I heard on TV the other night that they are making diphenhydramine prescription only.. not sure if it is only in my area, but perhaps this is the reason you cannot find the store meds?!
I heard they want to do the same with vitamins.

As to OP & subject, I am rather on hold for any major changes, waiting to see what early spring brings. There's so much on the horizon right now.

reply to post by Trublbrwing

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I totally understand what you mean. I usually have a huge love for life. Ill just start thinking about things and think "Life is so great" & "All these people around me are great" even if I dont know them, but since about the beginning of February Ive gone back to not caring about people and just not practicing selflessness as much as I used too. I would get angry and force my self to get that whole "Loving everything feeling" and having this somewhat of a "connection" to the universe. Now though I feel "it" starting to come back even better. I have no problem practicing selflessness. Alot of it has to do with the music Im listening to like "Gojira" and "Decrepit Birth" alot of that has influenced this "connection" I have. Check those bands out real cool stuff that you can relate to metaphysics

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
First let me say that I have always been a sensitive person, you cried near me I cried too. I don't know whats the matter with me, but mostly I am now angry all of the time. My alarm makes me mad, going to work makes me mad, people make me mad, the way the days are flying by makes me mad, being able to eat out cheaper than I can cook at home makes me mad.... I am just pissed.... its not like me... I even went and had my hormones checked! They were fine... I guess I am just tired of it!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I know exactly how you feel. I always used to be such a positive person with a happy outlook on life; no matter what state things were in, I'd always see the bright side and how they could improve. Now, it feels like something acidic is corroding my mind, and I've been very pissed off lately. Only it's not anger, it's almost like a violent happiness in a way.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Yes definitely this is the first post I have made in a few weeks for just that reason. I feel it's all been said before and I can't bring anything new to the table, I feel that I am reading the same material over and over again in other people's posts.

I've also become a bit disillusioned with the Internet in general recently.

Took the words out of my mouth... so Bored. I keep thinking it's time to stop posting here. This is the last place I post now after having dumped all the other spiritual websites I used to share in.

But I've been in this state now for about 4 years.. no interest in People and their inane activities, staying home to avoid the mindlessness all around and so that I don't REACT physically to all the Instigations from older idiots and Youths, staying clear of people because most are Dishonest.. and I don't want other people's negativity and dramas in my life anymore.. so I have been Hermiting from the world.

It's been nice, but it has become a little boring also.. and yet I still prefer my own company to most people's

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
can i please, for once, feel the same thing everyone else says they're feeling? or see a UFO or have my pets act weird? this neat stuff never happens to me. they say everyone and everything is connected, why do i feel normal? same as i always have? happier, if anything?

god just once i'd love to be connected to everyone else and have an "odd feeling".

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Corrupted Data

You guys should be careful with this kind of talk. Remember the things Loughner and other "nuts" comments were when it came to dreaming, and being disconnected. Im just saying, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY. You may just do all the set up work for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join