It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else feel apathetic and disconnected this month?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Since March started, I've felt a sense of disconnect and pretty apathetic. I still go through the motions, but the world just seems boring to me. Even with all the upheaval and stuff in the middle east going on, it's just boring. But i've had very vivid dreams and the strange thing is that i feel more alive in my dreams than i do in every day life.

It could just be me, but i thought i'd post it here to see what you all thought.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Absolutely. I can't seem to work up the energy to care much about anything going on. I could just sit in a fog all day most days.

I swear something has happened to make me feel like a drooling zombie.

edit on 3/10/11 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I feel the same, I always have a feeling of de-realisation and de-personalization.
But thats Just me, I have DP.
Maybe your experiencing what I do daily?
Depersonalization

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

apparently, it's all part of ascension....here is a link of ascension "sickness" symptoms www.abovetopsecret.com...

and i also agree with u about the apathy (but mine goes further back than march)

good luck
edit on 10-3-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yes definitely this is the first post I have made in a few weeks for just that reason. I feel it's all been said before and I can't bring anything new to the table, I feel that I am reading the same material over and over again in other people's posts.

I've also become a bit disillusioned with the Internet in general recently.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You are not alone

its because of this unegual, unsustainable, corrupted, greedy system
that we now feel more disconnected then ever

a transition is approaching for a better world
all hope are in the future
we feel it coming but its still to far away for many of us

this present time everything is fake .. many are kill for money tortured... raped of everything
the world now is a sad place .. until we wake up all
we will feel disconnected ..unable to bring big change

once we reconnect .. we will all see clear .. we will be purged of all this greedness
our lifes will be better then ever its our only hope
2012 the last cycle is almost there .. coincidence ? i dont think so
for our futur generation sake ..

edit on 3/10/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I understand exactly what you are saying. While going through the motions of daily life, everything is boring. Like you said, even with what is happening in the world. Could be desensitization(is that a word?) or just a lack of empathy. It seems like no matter what is happening, nothing matters. We have no say in our government, no say in what happens around the world the only thing we can control is our lives, and unless you have a job that you can throw yourself into, life consists of dealing with people that don't care, or care to know, who you really are. I don't care about reality tv, I don't care for my government, I am really intolerant of people with no tolerance (haha), it just seems like it doesn't matter what you do to get ahead, something will come and knock you back down. What it really seems like for me is that people are just waiting. Waiting for something big to happen that will change our lives forever. What could it be?

link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Exactly. There is really no point in anything anymore, is there? It's all been said and done countless times, and nothing I have to add is going to make any difference.

It's a very "meh" sorta feeling. It's been coming on for a while.

link   

I've been dealing with this a lot over the past few months. Kind of weird. Not so much the apathy as the depersonalization.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corrupted Data
I feel the same, I always have a feeling of de-realisation and de-personalization.
But thats Just me, I have DP.
Maybe your experiencing what I do daily?
Depersonalization

Interesting that you would bring that up. Not many people are aware of this disorder it seems. I did a thread on it a while back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Please register AboveTheTrees on that list too.
I've been blaming solar winds.

S&F
thanks for sharing and letting us share

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've been feeling like that ever since my birthday back in January. Life just seems very bland anymore. I kinda feel like it's a symptom of this terrible town and job though.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It isn't just you. I've been feeling like this for quite a while now also.

Originally posted by mossme89

But i've had very vivid dreams and the strange thing is that i feel more alive in my dreams than i do in every day life.

Bingo. I always look forward to dreaming as it's way way better right now than real life. For me anyways.

S&F.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Everything is indeed extremelly boring

i feel that i wasnt born to live in this human system
i tried to assimilate .. be normal.. the importance of that is no more there
there is so much more thing going on worldwide more important then our routine life where we waste everything
and respect nothing

its time to change .. i worked my ass off for 15yrs
for what .. ? im still broke ..because of all the damn taxes and impot and the insurances bull$%? to pay
each month

im to bored to be pissed right now

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Thanks for the link, Ill check out your thread.
I Believe something is coming, Good or bad I dont know,. But the next few years should be exciting i hope

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I felt just like that! My daughter got me to take vitamin D-3 I use 3400 IU a day she takes more...I feel so different really content and comfortable about things when i was all depressed and stressed over everything. May not be your problem especially if you get plenty of sun, I am coastal...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Since March started, I've felt a sense of disconnect and pretty apathetic. I still go through the motions, but the world just seems boring to me. Even with all the upheaval and stuff in the middle east going on, it's just boring.

...i dont feel disconnected or bored or apathetic - but - i've definitely been pathetic more often than not since october, lol... i could blame my crappy attitude on winter but thats not it...

...mostly i'm sleep deprived and that leads to blah, blah, blah and whine, whine, whine... i need a vacation somewhere where no one calls my name for a week or looks at me or talks to me, lol... hell, i'd be tickled pink with 24hrs of no questions, no nagging, no craziness...

But i've had very vivid dreams and the strange thing is that i feel more alive in my dreams than i do in every day life.

...i hear/read that a lot... dont know if its "real" or highly contagious escapism... imo, feeling more alive in your dreams than when you're awake is a sign of depression and/or mental instability but tons of folks see it differently... theres been times when i remembered dreams but only a few times when they were vivid and i've never had a dream where i felt more alive than when i was awake... however, that doesnt mean i'm not mentally unstable, lol...

...as for online interaction - i strongly identify with the words below (snipped for key elements)...

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
it's all been said before (snip) can't bring anything new to the table (snip) am reading the same material over and over again in other people's posts.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Everything is indeed extremelly boring

its time to change .. i worked my ass off for 15yrs
for what .. ? im still broke ..because of all the damn taxes and impot and the insurances bull$%? to pay
each month

im to bored to be pissed right now

I think you hit the nail on the head here, most people are just to burdoned now with the gov taxing us to death...more more more bills and higher cost gas and electric and no med care!
That gets to everyone.
As for the day to day, throughout all mankinds history he must work to eat and grow a family. I think under correct conditions that is a happy life not a burden, we can enjoy everything because of why we do it...the laundry, the cleaning the work day whatever it may be, the fuss with the kids...this IS life for us, there is no other! If we can do these things with some control over who with, where and are not over burdened by government and big corps squeezing us i think we could be as happy as people will ever be. Life will still be the sun before the rain and hope for the sun again, we have tragic lives our loved ones and we will die and calamity will always be around the corner for many, I don't think as humans this can be changed.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Quite the opposite here.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

If that's the case then we're all living in THAT town with THAT job...I've been going through all of this a lot recently (not just this month). It's basically destroyed my zest for anything. My sister & I grew up very close, she lives about an hour away now...we hadn't spoken in a few weeks and she came up to visit last weekend. We both sat and cried!! In the few weeks we've been apart, we've been going through this same period of apathy & disconnection. The things we used to love to do seem boring, jobs aren't fulfilling, it's like we know something's coming and we're just hangin out til it gets here.

Glad we're not alone in this!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join