It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else feel apathetic and disconnected this month?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I wish you all the best. 1 can say is look 2 those you love and be thankful they are with you. Dont let the job get you down its only a tool to make money thats it. Be thankful you all woke up today ABOVE GROUND and can actually type on an electrical device. Consider your brotheren around you and their everyday pains (homeless-sick-minipulated soldiers or war-starving families CHILDREN RIGHT NOW) and how they need, even in the streets of developed countries how they need. And again think positive. Not just thinking of plus signs jk LIGHTEN UP. think positive as you can even if you feel you dont have much I am sure if you search you will see you are all loved WE ALL are together upon EA. We all suffer even those in power are suffering with their bad decisions they have made in life.
So be well and good luck.

edit on 3/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

yes i am also feeling much the same. Im in a position where im only working a couple of days a week. Because of that i have alot of free time. The only thing i seem to do is sleep. Very vivid, exciting dreams. Which is a nice change to my usual brutal and horrific type. Im not really tired but it just feels nicer in my dreams for some reason. I barely leave the house and even my dear friends reveal no excitement. A very 'blah' type attitude at the moment. In that gloom though, i must admit... Ive had 1 very exciting thing start to happen to me
my dreams seem to be revealing things to me and sending me warnings. Example: i had a very good friend for 10years or so, after a fall out we havent spoken for over a year. She was a very toxic friend and my life has blossomed since having her out of my life. She moved cities and that was that. About a week ago i dreamt that me and her were in jail, there was more but that was the main point. It upset me as when i woke it actually had felt real. I saw this as a warning but my friends shrugged it off and said that nobody had heard from her. Well 2 days ago i got a call from my work saying somebody kept ringing, looking for me. So i rung the number and of course on the other end was miss toxic. I wouldve taken it as coincidence but this type of thing is happening more often than usual. Thinking of a person then they ring minutes later. Having songs in my head an then hearing them. I read the link about ascention symptoms and alot of those apply to me also, although they could apply to anyone. In all this gloom and doom and feeling the way we do, its at least nice to feel as though im getting in touch with my concious self. If anyone else is having this happen to them id love to know. Kia kaha friends.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

its not just you
and its not just us
there are many out there

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've been in the same mood too. Had three episodes of SP, and one OOBE this month too without any meditation.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I feel like Im being punked.

Thats the best way to describe it. Sometimes I feel apathetic about it, I very much so feel disconnected, sometimes I am angry. Sometimes resigned. But underlying the whole thing is just this sense of total betrayal, and falseness, and deception, and being preyed upon.

I think the thing that feels like "apathy'" is actually impotent rage. I want to fight. I know my country is under attack, and I want to defend it. And I dont know how.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Everything is indeed extremelly boring

i feel that i wasnt born to live in this human system
i tried to assimilate .. be normal.. the importance of that is no more there
there is so much more thing going on worldwide more important then our routine life where we waste everything
and respect nothing

its time to change .. i worked my ass off for 15yrs
for what .. ? im still broke ..because of all the damn taxes and impot and the insurances bull$%? to pay
each month

im to bored to be pissed right now
edit on 3/10/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

i approve of this post and your sig..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes, I've got the feeling too, though I have to say I'm diagnosed with a mild depression. Still, I'd rather have that label than believing in ascension and that sorta stuff. I put my trust in God and Freud. That said, all of us here have some sort of mental issue (that's not bad or something to be ashamed of), and it could very well be influenced by forces still unknown. The world is messed up and we worry too much. It's a form of escape (at least in my case. If we are the ones knowing, we are ready to help when shtf)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I too feel the same way. I am just numb to everything. If I hear of someone getting killed or something on the news, I do not feel bad or good about it. I just feel "meh, does not surprise me", and that is all the emotion I have over it. I am a very detached person as it is, possibly due to me being introverted to begin with.

I have not been one to follow the ascension scenario for what ever reason I do not know. Probably mostly ignorance on my part due to the lack of knowledge about it. It does seem somewhat interesting, according to what little I know about it, but I have not really felt like learning anything more about it. I am not even sure if ascension is a good thing or not.

I was raised being told that if I do not like something to do something about it and I always have been able to, except for over the last year or so. And that right there is one of my obstacles, I do not know what to do about it.

I am tired of feeling at a loss or not having any idea from one day to the next what can be expected and even feel as if I would be better off living in another era of time, whether past or future I do not think it matters as long as it is not the time I do live in. I just wish something would happen one way or another, or at least tell everyone the truth about everything, I am an adult and how I handle the truth is my problem. I do not need or want to be protected in this fashion.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's not the era (in general) but your mind, personality, your way of thinking that creates these thoughts. Sometimes one of the reasons is a simple one. I've got dreams, but I'm stuck at the moment. No study, work and few friends. In my. Therapy showed me that I'm afraid of the unknown (my interest in UFOs?), that's why I don't take action too change things. What's unknown can provide a miracle, but also danger. Only way of finding out is by doing something. Miracles are their to be found.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I feel like Im being punked.

Thats the best way to describe it. Sometimes I feel apathetic about it, I very much so feel disconnected, sometimes I am angry. Sometimes resigned. But underlying the whole thing is just this sense of total betrayal, and falseness, and deception, and being preyed upon.

I think the thing that feels like "apathy'" is actually impotent rage. I want to fight. I know my country is under attack, and I want to defend it. And I dont know how.

I totally get this. It's often said not to play the victim role, but i just feel taken advantage of by this system. I wonder why i'm here in this system, to see all it's faults and want to have nothing to do with it, but am enslaved by it.

Actually now that you mentioned it, it could be rage. I feel very angry at "the system" and want to do something to change it, but see nothing i can do. As a result, it's just stored and buried, but the issue doesn't go away, probably creating the apathy. Part of the issue is that i don't see a way to change it without violence, and i'm somewhat of a nonviolent person. There has to be a peaceful way, i just don't see it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

They say depression is "anger turned inward." I wonder if apathy is "anger that is totally unfocused."

Because under the sense of apathy or whatever it is, that disconnect, I do sense that if I had a target, I could shred it with my bare hands I am so angry.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

They say depression is "anger turned inward." I wonder if apathy is "anger that is totally unfocused."

Because under the sense of apathy or whatever it is, that disconnect, I do sense that if I had a target, I could shred it with my bare hands I am so angry.

I wonder if this feeling is more common than we'd think. Perhaps it's what is propelling the revolutions in the middle east?

I know what you mean about the target. I find myself very angry at my vice principal. She's the embodiment of the system. She's a micro-manager, control freak, harsh punisher, and if you so much as are walking the wrong way down the hallway, she'll call you out for it. I find myself practically hating her, which is so unlike me. I really just don't hate anyone and try to forgive as much as possible. I had to take a step back and examine why i'm angry at her. She didn't do anything to me, but she makes me think of "the system", which i just want to tear down.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I believe in a collective unconscious. I dont have proof, no evidence, but I have noticed that feelings like this do seem to be related to the mass of humanity. It might have something to do with what is going on not just in the middle east but all over Europe too. The Irish got duped into taking on the debt of their banks like we did, the Greeks are pissed, people pretty much everywhere are getting it up the rear right now, and the PTB are doing in subversively.

We are in a class war, and we know it. We know we are being screwed, but they are doing it in a way in which we have no one to physically fight. And the rage is building.

This is probably what it felt like right before a world war. Only this time, the upper classes want us to start a war with them. They have been disarming us, (not in America but everywhere they could) they have been developing weapons to us on us, they want it,

I think its just a matter of time.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Boredom, feeling like there's nothing to look forward to but more repetitive survival tasks. Could be the result of the entire middle-class being dumped in the garbage bin, while the rich continue to destroy the world while enjoying the best our money can buy.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Whatever the end result, i hope it ends in a better society. I believe in karma and the natural order of things, and with that in mind, i just can't see a way that the elite can keep their power. Eventually, it'll backfire on 'em and what goes around comes around (maybe that's what we're seeing now).

But i think this feeling is meant to propel us into action, somehow to change things.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I do too. Im just not clear yet what that action should be. Part of what I keep feeling intuitively, is that a lot of the change this time is going to be internal. WE need to change. Us. The masses. Something needs to just snap inside us, because we have played this cycle before. We have dont the oppression/revolution thing and this time we need to really get it on a level we havent in the past.

If we dont, I dont think we will get another chance. I think we are on the brink of self destruct.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yep,since about January.Maybe someone can start a club where all of us can sit around and stare at the floor,that is if anyone can bother turning up.I point the finger of blame at the weather and the information superhighway.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I think part of the collective unconscious theory was that if enough people wanted one thing i.e. better world, then it would manifest. Basically, once the amount of people focusing (or desiring this) passes a threshold/critical mass, it becomes a sort of free fall. I forget where i saw this, but part of the reason TPTB want to reduce the population is that it becomes easier to control the critical mass and prevent them from becoming enlightened. At 500 million people, the critical mass is 15 million people, so TPTB could just keep them from waking up. But with the current population, it's about 300 million. So, according to this theory, once we have 300 million "awake" people, we pass the critical mass of "enlightenment". Idk if it's true or not.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Im glad you brought that up. Since we are going into the realm of pure speculation, I do think that there only has to be some percentage of us who "agree" to change. Its doesnt need to be all of us, because most of us are not "deciders" we are "followers."

I dont know if reducing the whole population is important though. I seems to me that a percentage of us are required not a total number. Like that whole theory that 11% is the tipping point.

I think the problem is.....................and tell me what you feel............is that we are stuck trying to decide if there is really anything redeeming about us. I know I keep getting hung up on that. Hope......on the one hand, that we can be better, and total disillusionment when I look at people and realize that so many of us arent very nice.

But something just "clicked" in my head. Maybe they are totally aware that we can flip this coin. And maybe thats the whole point of their army of sock puppets and media campaigns, to make us think we are horrible and not worth it, and prevent us from choosing to evolve.

Because thats the sense I get, we are hung up on "go forward" of "extinction" and maybe the media and sockpuppet campaign is designed to make us choose to give up. Isnt extinction like the ultimate in apathy?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

My friend, you know exactly how I feel like. It's not even the mundane survival tasks, everything in the Universe seems entirely repetitive and boring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join