It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracked - 5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
*** KNOCK IT OFF***

GET ON TOPIC and STOP THE BICKERING.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
**** LAST CHANCE ****

Posting Bans await.

If you have an issue with staff, U2U or file a complaint, do NOT post about it in thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by arollingstone

For the 5th time (I think it's the 5th time, lol) Christianity has nothing to do with the argument for or against the timidity of Islam.

And, as for your teachers, either they don't accept the fundamental teachings of the Koran (by the way many Christians don't accept the fundamental teachings of the Bible, but that has no relevance to this discussion), or they aren't fully versed in the teachings of the Koran. I would say the first possibility is the more probable.

Did you even read my post? I'm discussing Muslims, not Islam. Real life human beings. If you had read my post, you'd see the relevance of why I brought in Christianity. It was to demonstrate a point. The fundamental teachings of Islam are that there's one god, he has a lot of prophets (including Muhammad as the main one, but also Jesus, Moses, Noah etc.) and he's infinitely capable in all positive aspects. Belief in this constitutes the first pillar of Islam, the other ones are Muslims should give 2.5% of their income to charity every month, fast in Ramadan, go on a pilgrimage to Hajj at some point and they should pray every day. Where do you get off saying that one of the fundamental teachings of Islam is violence? 'Thou shalt always be angry and violent and kill everyone'? No. Jeez man.

You aren't being logical at all. Last time here, this has been discussed enough already on this forum.

You really think you know more about Islam than Islamic Studies teachers and scholars, as well most Muslim Muslim people, who devote their entire life towards it? How arrogant and delusional of you. Neither of your two arguments make sense. You just proved my point in my last post. 'If they're not violent, then they're not proper Muslims'. So if a Jew isn't a Zionist then he's not well-read enough in Judaism? No. You're talking rubbish now.

Consider this:
If the majority of Muslims, including its scholars and teachers refuse to acknowledge violence and preach that one should never resort to it, then what point do you have? You are merely using extremists to justify your view, and Muslims don't recognise extremists as Muslims. These same guys you are basing your argument on kill fellow Muslims regularly in Iraq and Pakistan and you seriously think that gives you any sort of backing? The only people who say violence is ok in Islam are non-Muslims (which includes insane fundamentalists).

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I hate to say it, but you're wasting your time. There is no shortage of people who want to hate Muslims. I mean, not just ignorantly fearing them, but making an actual and acute effort to hate and despise them. These folks aren't going to listen to a thing you say, because the facts don't matter. They already know everything you're saying, it's guaranteed dozens of people have already said the same to them. They just don't care.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by binomialtheorem

Funny, but your not quite telling the entire truth either my friend.

Explain yourself please.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Yeah, to be honest sometimes you just hit a brick wall and realise you've wasted a lot of time haha. I'm tired of debating it on this forum - so many people just want to win the argument or feel intelligent rather than confront their own ignorance. I just hope that someone willing to change might stumble across it and think a little bit more open-mindedly. It's not like it affects or offends me personally, I could leave it to the Muslims on here to debate it - it just offends my common sense and understanding of human nature. That's why I thought it'd be nice to bring in a humorous article... ah well, some people just need a scapegoat! It's always encouraging to see that they're pretty much in the minority here though.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I really wonder if the people who are so livid about Muslims actually have ever met and befriended any of them?

I am a christian (born-again type) and have the utmost respect for those who have faiths other than my own, but then I count some Muslims, Seikhs, Hindus, Rastas, Taoists, Atheists and Buddhists as friends because I live & work with them.

They are all just people and most Muslims see their faith as an internal struggle (jihad) against the darker sides of their own human natures, not a war against others.

In any faith there are those who go too far, they are the nutty minority and to damn normal people because there are some real whack-jobs out there is not fair.

The hatred that some are showing towards Muslims is, to the normal people, an act of terror.
edit on 9/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Haha, nice post OP.

And I've seen some posters here, and elsewhere, saying that they mostly act like that, even when faced with statistics and facts as above posted. Well, Let me say this: IF you believe Muslims are almost all like that, then that means almost all christians are part of WBC.

Star for you, OP

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate
reply to post by nonetruegod

What about the evil retarded things done in the name of countless other religions? Who are you to judge anyways, I highly doubt you've been perfect you're whole life

Go start a thread on them, this one is about Islam.

Why do people always always have to compare when something bad is mentioned...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem
Funny cause that exact quote tells Muslims to only fight in self defense, if you had just shown a little more.

Misinterpreting much?

Can you clear up for me just what constitutes "self defence" for a Muslim?

I don't think there is a clear interpretation of it listed in any context I can appreciate.

If you could be so kind,

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If the topic islam then the proper focus must be on the written doctrine of islam, and since most dont have the time to dig through the conoluted verbiage, the works already been done for you at 'therreligionofpeace' dot com'where the exact specific cites and proper hadith correlates are made and corresponding justifications as perceived by the umma are presented in their unvarnished glory and singular relevance.
How about only discussing facts and not heresies, personalities and perceptions, how about discussing the facts of the matter for a change? Could it be that the opposition knows and the distraction and misinformation is all the defense they can muster?
Grow up and look at the facts as they are world wide, not your limited and manipulated impressions. Geexe for people who claim to eschew thought control by elites or religion, what do you think the islamic heirarchy is? A theocracy, a completely integrated and interdependent selfauthorizing combination of rigid religion and politics, not just some unimportant part time fellahin in the next flat or down the block.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Umm the article is wrong. The Caliphs rediscovered algebra and most of the scientific knowledge of the ancient Greeks. + The Crusades where started not because of the Caliphs but because of the Seljuq Turks, who didn't exactly share in some of the more advanced Islamic rules of conduct of that era.

en.wikipedia.org...

As per the founders, that point is mute. The colonist's wouldn't have tolerated a muslim invasion..err over immigration from muslim nations.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join