It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracked - 5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
In light of all the misinterpretations and misguided assumptions about Islam on a lot of the threads the past few months, here's a humorous article I came across on Cracked the other day. I'm not pushing Islam, I just don't think its fair for people to judge Muslims (or any group of people for that matter) and scapegoat them based on misinformed assumptions. Too many people just want a religion or nationality to vent their frustrations, and project the darker aspects of human nature, onto.

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam

A conservative commentator recently made headlines by claiming 10 percent of all of the world's Muslims are terrorists. An amazing claim, considering that equals 150 million terrorists and if each were to pull off an attack killing just 40 people, they could exterminate all non-Muslim life on earth.

Either they're not all that dedicated to terrorism, or the claim is utter insanity.

Well, if there's one thing everyone thinks of when they hear "Cracked.com" it's "friend of Islam." Which is why we feel compelled to clarify a few misconceptions for our readers. Also, there is no way this article will ever come back to haunt us in any way.

Clearly the article does not deal with all the issues that have popped up for debate on here, but it provides a nice satirical presentation of the largest preconceptions that most hold towards the religion.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Women In Islam do dress like that always. Maybe not all the Islamic women around because they don't have to, at home they do. That's only when they are around men and outdoors.
edit on 9-3-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

One thing you don't do is stand together and denounce and ridicule the murderous psychos around you and until then judgment will be reserved.

And the tribal brutality in the name of islam must also be denounced

then i may give it a capital I
edit on 9-3-2011 by nonetruegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonetruegod

One thing you don't do is stand together and denounce and ridicule the murderous psychos around you and until then judgment will be reserved.

What does that even mean. Where are you...in some place where you can speak freely...is someone standing behind you watching you type.......do you need help

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I posted this article in a thread a while ago, but I got flamed for it. Some people eh?

S&F
edit on 9/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
Women In Islam do dress like that always. Maybe not all the Islamic women around because they don't have to, at home they do. That's only when they are around men and outdoors.
edit on 9-3-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

Wow, what an intellectual opening statement. They don't always dress like that, in Islam woman are expected to cover their bodies but times are-a-changing and many modern Muslims dress in typical western clothing (dresses, t shirts and jeans/shorts, etc.). The abaya is traditional clothing, saying that women are forced to wear them is like saying that Indian men suppress their women and force them to wear saris.

In any case, the idea behind this is not to suppress them, but rather to protect them from being objectified. Additionally, the stereotypical veil is not necessary at all and as the article states, most Muslim women don't wear them.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

It means that every evil retarded thing done in the name of islam you never get general islamics saying this is wrong, its always some scripted reply from the local priest that you get, but no apology for the random muslims popping up abusing human sacrifice and i my self would punch a christian or muslim for this but the general muslim public are silent

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

ive learned to see through their magic capes and damn are they hot a white girl would get true god knows what for dressing like that.

the sale figures for underwear is massive in muslim countries so dont feel threatened just imagine whats on under there and their effort is worthless
edit on 9-3-2011 by nonetruegod because: edit

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Thank God for a fine political publication like Cracked Magazine. If it weren't for the logical and factual insight from these fine writers this world would be in a world of hurt. lol

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

What about the evil retarded things done in the name of countless other religions? Who are you to judge anyways, I highly doubt you've been perfect you're whole life

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonetruegod
reply to post by RANDOMguess

It means that every evil retarded thing done in the name of islam you never get general islamics saying this is wrong, its always some scripted reply from the local priest that you get, but no apology for the random muslims popping up abusing human sacrifice and i my self would punch a christian or muslim for this but the general muslim public are silent

Dude, I bet you've never met a Muslim in your life. Some scripted reply from the local priest? Which priests? Why should anyone have to apologise for the actions of others? Just look through this forum, there's plenty of moderate Muslims. Google 'Muslims denounce extremism' or something along those lines. Muslims don't consider extremists as Muslims at all, they are basically kids who brainwashed from a young age by ideology or their leaders who are just people who wish to gain more power and influence. This has been done by most major religions, countries and political ideologies throughout all history. Why do terrorists have to resort to buying and indoctrinating 8 year old kids from poor families if they have so much support?

Educate yourself. Whether someone's an Atheist, Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu or whatever their nature is similar with regards to capability for hatred/love. You should learn to write in a more coherent manner because you don't really make sense.

Edit: Just saw your most recent post.. you're pretty much a troll pal.

edit on 9-3-2011 by arollingstone because: spelling

edit on 9-3-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

You can't bring in another religion's atrocities to lessen the impact of the murderous acts of Islam. The facts are that from it's very inception Islam has had a very difficult time living in peace with non-Muslim nations.

While having many examples of intelligent followers, there has been a presence of power engulfed in violence with in the Muslim faith. We see this generation after generation.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I hate to say this, but you need to read the Koran a little to understand your ignorance to the violent nature of Islam.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

those countless things and i dont deny were a little while ago

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

ive read and children arent my thing

mohammed would be sued for plagiarism if he wrote his book now robbing the bible of it fairy tales how dare he

edit on 9-3-2011 by nonetruegod because: i admit poor spelling

bingo bango sensitivity to religion never its your choice

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think its important here to show quotes from the Koran just to show that indeed the Muslim faith is filled with commands of violence to those who are non-believers or members of other faiths.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]...and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons.

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

And if these commandments to kill or murder aren't enough for you then I have about 100 more references.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

I hate to say this but your not really impressing the readers here with your arguments. Again, using another religion to lessen the error of Islam isnt going to make your point.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37

I hate to say this, but you need to read the Koran a little to understand your ignorance to the violent nature of Islam.

Sorry pal, though I'm no longer a part of any organised religion, I'm fully educated in Islamic Studies and spent hours every week for years learning about it. I have also read much of the Qur'an and I'm pretty fluent in the language its written in. So let's not jump to conclusions and type in a condescending manner in an attempt to back up our arguments shall we?

Such a weak argument, trying to pull quotes out from here and there without any reference to the historical context for which it was written. Islam also says killing or inflicting suffering is forbidden, oh but that isn't relevant is it? Often 'fight' is misinterpreted, its directing Muslims to strive to defend the integrity of Islam but not necessarily through force. It was written at a time when Muslims themselves were under violent attack and needed to use force to defend themselves and spread the religion. Besides, your methods are irrelevant. Most religions have these sorts of quotes in them, anyone can google 'Religion X's Holy Book Violence'.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
I think its important here to show quotes from the Koran just to show that indeed the Muslim faith is filled with commands of violence to those who are non-believers or members of other faiths.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]...and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons.

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

And if these commandments to kill or murder aren't enough for you then I have about 100 more references.

the bible has random texts but the have been denounced and are not preached about say the same for the currant

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join