It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Super Moon & Current Rise in sun Activity: Effects on earth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I read in the paper that there was a supermoon in 2004 two weeks after the Tsunami in Indonesia, I guess because it is getting closer the effects are over by the time it reaches it peek distance.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
im expecting another large quake somewhere on the planet by the end of month.

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree - the evidence of tectonic plate movement over recent weeks leading to large scale earthquakes does tend to lean toward an influence of some sort.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I agree you put it well.. only the news link says there was a super moon in 2005 before katrina.

I understand what your saying about perigee and the moon having more of an effect on earth then.

but The moon is always affecting the earth no matter what its apogee or perigee I believe it is the fluctuation that causes the most problems the gradual force of the sun and moon working together pushing and pulling the earth.

so I feel the time leading up to perigee and away from perigee are just as important to observe as the day of Perigee if not more important, because the earth changes happen slowly...

hope that makes sense.. I 2 am recovering from a headache.

You may be onto something about the time of 'in between' apogee and perigee.

I hear ya about the headache...going on day 4 for me. Longest headache Ive had my whole life. Its not the usual migraine I get a couple times a month...its just a consistent headache that runs up my neck, right eye, and right side of my face even. At work last night, I was complaining about this headache and 3 other workers said they too have had a headache for several days now.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

yes its been the same type of headache for me. I used to get migraines so bad I would get blurred vision in my right eye.
these are diff however the same pain. through the neck up to my temple something I have to fight when I meditate.

A.A I sadly agree with you the activity we can all see is nothing to ignore no matter what the reason for it is.
I have the feeling Japan is still under stress those constant 5mag quakes are still shaking every hour.
Los angeles area of the san andreas is very quiet. compared to the rest of the ring of fire. south of california down to chile seems to have spotted action that might be helping to relieve the stress from the japan quakes.

if japan is on top of the pacific plate does that mean the plate is moving away from the US coast splitting?
and I wonder if it is now moving faster?

The time Lord Love the white on white

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I know this quote from my OP was laughed at earlier in thread, and i understand it is unbelievable.
I have personally experienced the ground do this type of uplift while in the field at work. it can happen on a small scale and I am sure there are several people in japan including a few nuclear power plants who will say its possible as-well.

In other words, the planet’s poles have limbered up to the point that humans - among Earth’s most notorious freeloaders - may be thrown from the surface by a sudden worldwide jolt that one-ups recent seismic outbursts. Readily available numbers give a general feel for what’s going on. While I’m unsure of the implications of all the information I gather, I’m finding that increased solar wind combined with lower particle density seems to create marked instability in Earth’s crust and correspondingly-increased seismicity.

Recent Quakes Linked to Solar Effects on the earth magnetic field

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wow!

SOURCE

Almost 5 arc-minutes difference in apparent size.
edit on 13-3-2011 by elevenaugust because: to add source

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In the immortal words of Professor Brian Cox.

Stop asking about the bloody so-called Megamoon. It has nob all to do with anything!

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah
This probaly has no conection with this thread but i mentioned this too a family member i saw today and they work with people with mental conditions of all ages and when its a fool moon or an eclipes,or even this,that being a super moon affects people in all sorts of crazy ways and told me thats where the word lunatics comes from,so if this is an extreme occurence of this then people round the world might go a bit doooowalleeee,and could be a great time to F**# with peoples minds, just a thought.

ohh and if any one knows any one thats bipolar youd better strap them down and get the holy water out
,lol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunatic
edit on 10-3-2011 by KDM_Souljah because: (no reason given)

I work in a residential care home for the elderly with dementia and yes a full moon does appear to affect them. They become much more agitated and in some cases violent. I have a nice big scar to prove it

I think I'll book a few days off..... :p

I actually hope she looks more beautiful than ever, I have a huge, how can I describe it... affection(?) for her.
It will be interesting to see if this Super Moon does have any noticable effect on the planet though.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
I don't know what that recurring oscillation at the bottom of your chart is -- High tides, maybe?

That's a representation of the lunar cycle...the moon rise, the meridian (when the moon's directly overhead), and the moon set times.

YES, I get that point. But you can't just match up the "closest" approximation to the occurrence of catastrophes. High tides are at a certain time IN THE DAY -- and they happen at different times around the planet. So you can ALWAYS find a high tide that corresponds to ANY event.

I'm not saying I was confused about lunar cycles -- just WHERE on the planet those lunar cycles are. Unless they are over Japan at the time of earthquakes -- it's merely a random choice of location.

For your graph to make sense -- you have to say LOCATION on the planet of those lunar cycles.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

I did...there's even a note at the bottom of the plot. That is the lunar cycle with respect to the Oregon cluster. The lunar cycle for the Japan cluster would be shifted a bit (I didn't include it, for the sake of keeping the plot from getting too cluttered, but I know where that cycle should be), but my conclusions stand. Each cluster of quakes occurred while the moon was either directly overhead or while it was directly influencing the Pacific plate.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

OK, I didn't catch this as the "oregon" area for high tides.

The point of "directly influencing the Pacific plate" -- that's about 8 hours of distance between Oregon and France -- so you are correlating to 1/3rd of the day -- no, wait, that would be 2/3rds of the day due to TWO high tides in a day.

If 2/3rds of all earth quakes don't occur during a high tide over the Pacific plate -- then this concept is a bust. Actually, you might be able to go with "perpendicular" or low tide, and get the same number of earthquakes. Sure, the moon has an influence -- but it is a CONSTANT influence, and that means that regardless of when the earthquake occurs, it will have no correlation to anything specific the moon is doing.

>> It's like trying to decide wether people die MOST OFTEN when their heart is squeezing or releasing -- eventually, someone is going to die and their heart will stop -- and nobody blames the timing of the heart beat - just that it stopped.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Even though I am a total novice on the subject, I find it very interesting. I did a little research and apparently the previous Super Moon (18 years ago) was on 6th March 1993 ... and the Storm of the Century, also known as the Superstorm, was from 12 to 14 March 1993. Well, it may be coincidence - or not?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
reply to post by CLPrime

OK, I didn't catch this as the "oregon" area for high tides.

The point of "directly influencing the Pacific plate" -- that's about 8 hours of distance between Oregon and France -- so you are correlating to 1/3rd of the day -- no, wait, that would be 2/3rds of the day due to TWO high tides in a day.

If 2/3rds of all earth quakes don't occur during a high tide over the Pacific plate -- then this concept is a bust. Actually, you might be able to go with "perpendicular" or low tide, and get the same number of earthquakes. Sure, the moon has an influence -- but it is a CONSTANT influence, and that means that regardless of when the earthquake occurs, it will have no correlation to anything specific the moon is doing.

>> It's like trying to decide wether people die MOST OFTEN when their heart is squeezing or releasing -- eventually, someone is going to die and their heart will stop -- and nobody blames the timing of the heart beat - just that it stopped.

not sure what youre talking about you keep saying the same thing thinking it will make it true.

now you admit the moon has an influence and say that it is constant.
only problem with that is the moon is NOT at a constant distance or we would have no need to measure Apogee or Perigee.
yes the moon is constantly effecting the earth as is the sun.
I would also like to point out. just because the moon has a constant effect on the earth does NOT mean it as NO correlation to the moon.

the constant effect of the moon fluctuates between apogee and perigee, meaning there is less or more push or pull from the moon on the earth at any given time, this does effect the earth and creates torque on the earth that is hardly a Non-Effect as you are trying to say.

The Earth Sun and Moon

The sun attracts the moon in such a way that it perturbs its orbit every 31.807 days, this phenomenon is called evection. The moon also changes the position of the earth’s equinoxes. The sun and moon each attract the earth’s equatorial bulge, trying to bring it into alignment with themselves. This torque is counteracted by the rotation of the earth. The combination of these two forces is a slow rotation of the earth’s axis, which in turn results in a slow westward rotation of the equinoxes. Looking down from the north pole, the equinoxes would appear to be rotating in a clockwise motion. The equinoxes and poles complete a rotation every 25,800 years. The equinoxes move at a rate of about 50.27 arc seconds per year. This phenomenon in known as the precession of the equinoxes and is illustrated in the following image.

edit on 3/14/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Exactly what I have been saying and the reason for my making this thread summed up by an expert right here in the MSM

A Major Earthquake in North America Imminent?

edit on 3/15/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hi..as much as I respect scientific understanding of the workings of the cosmos and its effects on Earth, I have to say that there are some here on ATS that have used sound reason and logic to show a possible correlation of the solar and lunar effects on Earth.

Can anyone explain a super Moon would not have or have little impact on the Earth's crust bearing in mind that the world is not perfectly round but bulging around the Equator? Added to this is the increased in the volume of water released in the oceans owing to polar and glacier ice that have melted at a rapid rate over the past few years, thereby increasing water pressure in the oceans and the sea floor, especially near or at the equatorial zones? So why not then that we will not experience greater Earth movement linked to the solar and lunar cycles?

Just wondering...

To None I Wish Ill But To All Peace and Love.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Surya68

take a gander at what Robin has to say in the Earthquake swarm in Arkansas thread
he describes the moons effect and our understanding of it magnificently!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Skimming through the threads,and I probably missed it,
but does anyone mention that this "super moon" occurs
on the spring equinox on 03/20/2011 at about 23:00 utc!
Seems like a perfect alignment to me.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I had a look at the Moon this morning at 4:17am 20th March NZDT, here in mid New Zealand, which is 3 hours before the official Full Moon (2011 Mar 19 18:11 UTC)
It didn't look any different than any other Full Moon I've seen before.

The whole thing is a big let down

The Apogee was 6 minutes ago, but again no big deal , the Sun was up anyway.
edit on 19-3-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

At the equinox the Sun is "aligned" with the Earth's equator and the Moon is "aligned" with 10º S.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

True with all the talk and nothing happening the day of, it is a bummer.

but the moons effects dont just stop after tonight, its the constant torque from the moon the pushing pulling that has the effect.

the time before and after the supermoon is more important to observe than just the apogee or perigee, its the in-between when it seems things happen.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join