It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Super Moon & Current Rise in sun Activity: Effects on earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I did ask a few hours ago and now I am home and read the thread I still can’t understand how the OP can say
"the first extreme Super Moon in nearly 20 years. "

And then goes on to quote a source saying the last one was in 2005, so which is it?

Am I the only one to notice this or am I misinterpreting something here?

Genuine question and the statements are almost next to each other, once again any answer much appreciated.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

First, I need to say the quotes you quoted as mine e not they are from this article.
theweek.com...

as said before I quoted the article to show, how the MSM uses misinfo. and only mocks the facts about the moon and its affect on earth.

I agree the article is wrong in saying we had a supermoon in 2005 but the moon was at Perigee, although supermoon seems to be just a made up news word so they will use it to their liking.

the article also states that hurricane katrina made landfall on Aug 29 2005. 10 days after the moons perigee.
The storm obviously did not manifest on the day it made landfall so the 10 days before the storm hit while it was gathering power out in the ocean the moon could have had a large unnoticed effect... not only that the effects are felt over a period of time the perigee is just a name we use for an extreme measurement of how close the moon is, however the moons effects are always felts and what I feel effects the earth more than just the perigee or apogee is the in-between when the moon is coming and going.

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

>> That said -- if there are more than ONE incident that occurred at the same time -- it could act as a "trigger" to releases of energy (e.g., earthquakes). The weakening of the magnetosphere, due to very low activity from the sun, and perhaps, a flipping of the poles (which could be indicated by the accelerated drifting AND weakening of the magnetosphere), might then, when combined with a Super Moon, trigger some event that was going to EVENTUALLY happen.

as i stated above I dont think the moon is a harbinger of doom, I just think mainstream science if overlooking the fact that the moon has a great effect on our earth more than just our water. nothing in our earth cycles is cut and dry (hence my elliptical of life metaphor in my OP), our moon has a apogee and perigee it affects us over time like the torque and stress from tectonic plates causes earthquakes.

something i realized last night is a coincidence of the moons affect on people, the earth is 75% water and that water is proven to be affected by the moons gravity, is it a coincidence our bodies are also 75% water and we seem to be affected by a full moon?

reply to post by geo1066

Yes, there is science and research. from my OP.
library.thinkquest.org...
nineplanets.org...
www.astronomytoday.com... (this site is down right now?)
some more good reading
How the Moon can affect earths Temp.
The Moon Effect Called the Greenhouse Effect on Earth
interesting quote from above article.

Obama may be fine with skyrocketing energy costs, but you and I should be very angry about it. Not only is the basis in CO2 greenhouse gas theory all wrong, but none of the remediation schemes are even thought likely to benefit the climate in any significant way. Even if the greenhouse effect were substantial, which it is not, all of the energy use restrictions are all pain and no gain. Are we all suddenly masochists? Don't we all have lives to live, places to go, and things we want to make or own? What is this madness that has overcome so many of us? Well, for some it is simple robbery. There are those who are very happy to take advantage of the fact that most people and most Americans in particular, do not know enough science to understand how badly the wool has been pulled over their eyes. There are no two ways about this. The catastrophic man-made global warming scare has been a massive fraud. There are many very evil people promoting this fraud and most of the impetus for it is coming from Democrats. It is very important to make them pay in the elections of 2010 and 2012.

reply to post by kotakuk4

a super moon as the article sensationally calls the moons perigee, is because the moons perigee will be the closest it has been in 20yrs they call it a super moon. the moon still has a cycle of perigee and apogee it s just not as close...

Originally posted by amkia
Great post S&F thank you W1LL.

I am not sure why people (ridicule) astrologers. Astrology is the oldest science known to mankind.

Sometimes people forget about the concept of what we call science, science is all about (observations + making notes and passing over the new found data to the newer generations) and astrology is all about OBSERVATIONS.

Thanks again mate.

my thoughts exactly!

thank you! to everyone for the links vids and replies I appreciate it, this topic is something I am passionate about!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

I hope I answered your Question in my above post, I noticed it and meant to quote you.

the article simply uses the supermoon word to their liking, they are referring to the closest apogee 20yrs ago as a supermoon. this coming 19 or 20th it will be at that same distance.

the apogee in 2005 was much less but they still call it a supermoon.

sorry for the confusion.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Excellent, got it. Thanks for explaining and pointing that out. Just couldnt work it out and didnt know what to think. Went to the article now and had a chance to see what you mean.

Thanks again

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
From my point of view that the moon is a gravitational body which acts upon everything on Earth (not just the Oceans) because at last check gravitation didn't have a filter. As a gravitational body that circles the Earth, it seems like the closer it gets the more that gravitational effect is in play (either pulling up or pulling down based on its location and the object it is acting upon).

The effect of its gravitational pull is quite extreme already so coming closer it stands to reason it can have an effect on the Earth which is destabilizing. The fact that events did not occur on the DAY OF it being close has no bearing as I doubt the moon transits 27,000 km closer over a single day.

The events that could happen are completely driven by the state of the Earth at the time of the change - hurricanes, earthquakes, eruptions - its all a game of craps.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Thanks and I enjoyed the read.

It's hard to equate Astrology with science however. As far as I can tell it relies mostly on feelings and individual opinion.

In a science if a hundred people work out the answer to the same equation, they get the same answer. If a hundred Astrologers do a reading on the same person, they get a hundred different answers.

I think it was Carl Sagan if I remember right, who did a test in the 1980's to find out if there was any continuity or science going on with Astrology. He had many of the top Astrologers do a reading on the same person. Without exception he got conflicting readings from each one, proving Astrology was at best not even remotely a science and at worst a sham.

Personally, from personal observation of those who place stock in Astrologers, what I see is the power of suggestion at work. Readings are so vague and I think that is on purpose, that they could fit almost anyone on any day. If it was a science, it's tenants would be repeatable and the readings should have been similar in a majority of cases.

I'm sorry but I view it like Voodoo, where it only works on those who believe in it, because they falsely convince themselves it's real due to their belief.

It is possible that the Moon affects things like weather and we know Tides. I think that is obvious. However I also think Astrologers use fear mongering, just like bad Preachers or the Government to get a desired result. I'll stick with verifiable, quantifiable and qualifiable information from real science. It's interesting enough without resorting to fantasy and peoples fears.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree with you about astrology card reading in particular (card reading has it uses i'm sure it can provide direction for people and insight into personalities which is something good to learn, I honestly dont know much about it to talk, back on subject)

I just don't think mainstream science today qualifies I feel true science has let us down, there are to many things in this universe not explored for lack of money or many other corporate excuses good investigations and collaboration between scientists is hard to achieve and this is a true Failure for knowledge.

Good post just dont put too much focus on the astrology aspect of our moons effect, there is evidence out there, observations of data and theories from scientists and interested people just observing taking notes and thinking like myself.
edit on 3/10/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

The problem I see with science now is the same as so many other things. It's come to revolve around funding and obtaining funding. I think that money and pursuit of it has bastardized science.

I will agree though, there is much we don't know. As amazing as the last hundred years or so has been, we are scratching the surface. I think science often deludes itself into thinking they are advanced and that does not help because it stops them from looking into new idea's.

Nice thread, thanks so much.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinkingthing
Then there are all of the Earth’s symptoms. She’s sick. Really, really, sick. And most people are still totally unimpressed and feel no responsibility whatsoever.

There is a difference between caring about the Earth and feeling responsible for its fate. I didn't cause the five other major extinctions on this planet, I didn't cause the high temperatures and high oxygen levels during the time of the dinosaurs, I didn't cause Yellowstone to erupt 800,000 years ago either. The temperature of Earth has gone from warm to hot to cold to warm and all over again for billions of years.

I also can not help that the sun is acting up, nor can stopping the use of gasoline prevent a solar flare from striking us.

Earth is a finite planet. This has been proven by scientists. Granted, it's a few billion years away, but it will not be the fault of the people living during that time.

Every major extinction event supplied this Earth with the very resources that we use today. It is sad and unfortunate that species, including humans, must die. But in order for Earth to continue for the next few billion years, these events MUST happen. Frankly, I think stopping them is rather selfish considering we could be changing the future for others that come after us.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The only thing that comes to mind for me is a Blue Moon. When the Moon is it's biggest in the Eastern hemisphere. A Blue Moon can raise the tides by 10ft or more.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I didn't mean to strike a nerve. I don't remember saying people should feel wholly responsible for Earth's next mass extinction. There is more going on than the natural cycle of things though. There is most certainly a man made component to the state of our ecosystem. I could list all all of the many harmful practices or all of the toxic substances we've unleashed, but I doubt it'd matter to you. Because, as I pointed out, whatever part we played in this - very few give a crap. Some even seem to embrace it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
S&F for what has to be the most interesting thread I have read since I have been here on ATS.
Second line.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Quite simply, my response would be this. . ."If it happened 18 years ago and since we're still here, is it really anything to worry about!?"

wow.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaimemaussan
S&F for what has to be the most interesting thread I have read since I have been here on ATS.
Second line.

Greetings:

If you liked that one, this one should raise some questions relating to the sun, CME's, geomagnetic storms and direct interaction with humans and Earth.

I would be interested in hearing comments.

W1LL, great thread and keep the peace there in Montana...my friends are in Miles City, should you need any backup.

In Peace & Light
tfw

Surviving the American Food Crisis of 2011

The Domino Effect of February 2011 - I Had a Dream About America's Future

edit on 10/3/2011 by thorfourwinds because: W1LL

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchMan
The only thing that comes to mind for me is a Blue Moon. When the Moon is it's biggest in the Eastern hemisphere. A Blue Moon can raise the tides by 10ft or more.

ResearchMan did not do his research.

All it means when a full moon is called a "blue moon" is that it was the second full moon of that month.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Without the Moon the Earth will End And So Will the Universe And Maybe Galaxy

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
is anyone else not surprised that this is gonna happen on the 19th? We know how important 19 is to the sickos in power. sounds like a perfect time to fiddle with HAARP in conjunction with this super moon

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
volcanoes.usgs.gov...

Starting March 5th a new fissure opened up and Pu`u `O`o started collapsing and flowing. Could this be an earthchange affected by the OP's claims? If it worsens and more dramatic changes occur, one has to stop and think.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Yowza, 8.8 in Japan.... More fuel for the theory.
edit on 11-3-2011 by The Undertaker because: Magnitude Correction

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I can see it having an effect.

It won't be the end of the world, but I'm sure there'll be some disturbances, earth quakes, volcanoes etc.
edit on 11-3-2011 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join