It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gadhafi says West after Libya's oil as rebels pounded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
His he Right about The Oil?

"The colonialist countries are hatching a plot to humiliate the Libyan people, reduce them to slavery and control the oil," Gadhafi said on state television.

Look at Iraq what has changed? people still there dont have jobs, even though, the whole war was about Controlling the Oil and ancient locations in Iraq.

In a separate television interview with Turkey's public TRT channel, Gadhafi said, paradoxically, he was in favour of a move by the West to impose a no-fly zone over Libya to prevent his forces from attacking rebels from the air.

That would allow "Libyans to see through the real intentions (of the international community) — to seize our oil — and then they would take up arms (to defend the country)."

edit on 9-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

His probably is.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

He's probably right about the oil bit, but he only really has himself to blame for the people uprising because of him being a ruthless dictator.!

edit on 9-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We'll will be fighting another guerrilla war if we decide to go into Libya. Can we afford to fight another 'Iraq war' while we presently have 2 other wars ongoing?

The Libyan people will be begging for Gaddafi back after years of war and destruction that we will bring down on their heads, just like Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

He's probably right about the oil bit, but he only really has himself to blame for the people uprising because of him being a ruthless dictator.!

Spoken like a right wing sheep no offense but thats how the western governments see the leaders whose not on the side with american imperialism

you said his a ruthless dictator? and what does that make obama bush bill Clinton? little angles?

every us president is also a dictator to expect the difference they are puppets.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Spoken like someone who has a beef and an Agenda. [No offense]
facts are facts

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nothing good for the people has come in any of these street protest countries in the ME.
There is no new freedom only chaos for them.
It would have and was easy to predict this outcome in Libya for the people who had the correct intel. Kaddafi kept all of the country weak in millitary terms, no supplies, poorly trained and motivated troops all in the outlying areas of Libya. He only kept his stronghold fully supplied and trained. A divided Libya was the most probable outcome for those with the correct intel. Investors literally just barely rescued their people out of there from all over the world.
A millitary takover was also the most likely outcome in Egypt.
Higher oil prices was also a no brainer prediction.
Follow the money and see who reaped the rewards on the world markets with all of these professionally coordinated phoney protests and fully predictable outcomes. There will be obvious winners and losers financially, that is how to see who was in the know. Of course the story will never be told because there is too much money and death involved.
It could lead back to powerful globetrotters who are untouchable by any nation, that would be way more worthy of a grand conspiracy than blaming some puppet nation, take your pick which one.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I am on the fence about that. See this thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Hey thanks...

I'm always on the look out for a fresh perspective.
Must have missed that thread. Checking it out now.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Amaterasu

Hey thanks...

I'm always on the look out for a fresh perspective.
Must have missed that thread. Checking it out now.

Most welcome. I was rather interested in what the OP had to say about Gadhafi (Gadaffi, whatever... [grin])

It left me, as I said, on the fence.

top topics

join