It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would an Alien Invasion bring World Peace?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It might unite us for a brief moment before you know, they annihilate us.

Honestly though, it's a hard question to answer. I think at the very least it would bring unity among the world's governments. You can't fight off an alien invasion alone (well actually, you can't fight off an alien invasion period. If they have the ability to traverse light years effortlessly, then they could obliterate us with just as little effort. Relativistic missiles, particle beams, asteroid manipulation - those are just a few of the possibilities of weaponry at the disposal of an advanced alien civilization).

How long that unity would last is guesswork at best, but its quite likely that we would soon realize that national governments are obsolete and inefficient when you have a lurking threat from outer space. Conflict amongst humans will always exist, in the sense that people will always get into bar fights, kids will still be bullied, etc, but war would likely be eliminated.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Ah but they won't know about our microscopic allies giving them all chickenpox!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The history of mankind is created by the man himself, the future of mankind is bound to be created by the human beings. Even if there is a so-called aliens, or the so-called gods, since they did not interfere in the development of human society in the past, then there is no reason, there is no need that they will interfere in the development of human society of future. So the fate of mankind always lies in our own hands.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

How could putting the whole world into war ... be considered world peace....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by cabuki

Life is full of comparisons, and with something as serious as everyone and everything you know being wiped away from existence will teach everyone to appreciate everything and everyone.

The chance of extinction will wake up everyone from hate towards each other. Jealousy, deception, murder and everything in-between that we do to each other would end because we would become one. Human.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dymiox

reply to post by cabuki

Life is full of comparisons, and with something as serious as everyone and everything you know being wiped away from existence will teach everyone to appreciate everything and everyone.

The chance of extinction will wake up everyone from hate towards each other. Jealousy, deception, murder and everything in-between that we do to each other would end because we would become one. Human.

Actually all this would do is change the scope of conflict.... IF there was an alien attack there would still be conflict war , jealousy deception murder and everything in between....

the only twist is that now it would not just be humans in the mix but also ETs... if you do not see this then you are very naive.

Next we would be asking for peace in the galaxy... and we would say something as naive as.... IF ANOTHER GALAXY WOULD ATTACK WOULD THAT BRING PEACE TO OUR GALAXY..
it would just expand from there.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

you're not the only one who's thought this... elite have steered us by movies, music, the "history" they write, to think that "aliens are coming"

well what if it's in the form of U.S. military Black Ops technology.. our own being used against us..

ever seen the game (movie) called Wing Commander 4? The Price of Freedom.

I played it as a game when it came out in the 1990s, but I didn't realize until I watched it a few nights ago, that it had a "secret government" that was very cult-like, and they were Genetically Engineered pilots waging a war on the Kilrathi and the outer world colonists, to make an all out Galactic Police State, war on the boarder world colonists, meanwhile it was the secret government attacking the Kilrathi and the Boarder worlds, while the head of that secret government was telling the people of Earth that there was a outside threat from the boarder world's colonists (aliens included)

and there's the Disclosure project's Dr. Carol Rosin that talked about the elite using Black Ops against the people. In the video on youtube titled "Dr. Carol Rosin in the Disclosure Project. The Last Card"

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

reply to post by cabuki

That's a very rational and intelligent statement/question!
I like how you think

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrKipling
Ah but they won't know about our microscopic allies giving them all chickenpox!

you could theorize that the "aliens" or biologically engineered creatures that DARPA or other Black "Oops" projects have stored in their underground bunkers.....

Would be "immune" to infections, but that's also why they're constantly taking out blood, and "blood donations" any advanced species would be constantly checking blood for mutations they would need to worry about.

also, they'd want to inject tons of heavy metals, aluminum, and GM-virus that would give us chicken/bovine/monkey and aborted human fetal tissue to change our genetics so that we can not ... see them, because they would narrow our field of vision spectrum and also not hear them, making them virtually invisible to us.

Oh hmm.. Rockefeller Institutes already do inject our children with these things, they're working to make us sub-human so that we don't know or are able to stop them from proceeding with their plans of world government.

rothschilds/rockefellers are the "aliens" that we've been warned about

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Yeah, just what we need to do. Stop warring with each other and war with the rest of the galaxy. Sounds like a brilliant plan.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I would join the aliens screw you guys...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
reply to post by cabuki

I think the biggest obstical to "world peace" is religion. If an invasion were to clearly undermine the major religions of the world, we might have a shot a decent span of peace time in the aftermath. Unfortunately religions are also the greatest source of denial in the human species and thus, the underpinnings of these belief systems is impossible to "disprove" as "faith" can be invoked to counter literally anything.

The truth is that religion doesn't even rank in the top three causes of war, so just where does your opinion come from? If I tell you it comes from the same source that is busy convincing the descendants of Christians that extraterrestrials exist but that the God of their forefathers doesn't exist, would it sink in? As you look at the US today - prisons bursting, murders, rapes, children abducted, millions hooked on drugs, millions fighting for rights to murder babies, teenage suicide, broken families resulting from a myriad of addictions, etc, can you not truthfully see that these ills are the result of a population that has been fooled into ignoring the rotten fruits of their collective morality? It's as the Holy Spirit confirms - many will come to love evil as "good" and actually fight for it.

The youth have been indoctrinated to believe that tolerance equals love, and yet, they cannot recognise that this form of love is false and is directly responsible for collective morality spiralling ever downward. Why? Because it requires one to accept other's wicked behaviours as 'acceptable'. For example, you may abhor pedophilia, yet thousands are pushing to not only redefine pedophilia as a 'sexual practice', but to remove age limits for consent. Without any higher morality, and with love defined as tolerance, those in charge will push you to accept and tolerate it. This false definition of love is how those in charge of this world are trying to unite you with the little tribe in tinbucktwo that may sacrifice its babies on an alter....you have 'no right' to condemn such a practice because that view is 'intolerant'.

It is clear that a society that shares common moral principles are the most peaceful, yet somebody has convinced you that this isn't the case. Yes, there have been, and are, cases whereby religion attempts to force it's control through physical methods such as beheading, but I'd say again, is the fruit not rotten in that case? The OP's vision of "world peace" is nice sounding words, but as the Bible easily proves, it is a house built on sandy foundations - untruths. Mankind, absent the God of Truth, has barbaric tendencies that manifest themselves in the worst ways. Mankind, absent the God of Truth, judges their own behaviour based on society instead of a higher authority - man thinks "I'm a good person" compared to that kid next door who murdered somebody, yet hypocritically ignores the very fact that he himself steals, had an abortion and disrespects his parents. In ten years time, it will be "I'm a good person" compared to that kid next door who gunned down fifty people, yet he himself only killed one. If people honestly thought about, they'd take this simple observation as fact, but they ignore it because there is no love of truth in them and because they learned to love lies more. And for this very reason, the prince of this world is succeeding in attacking the minds of youth to foolishly take up his cause, and this is how Satan raises his armies to fight Christ Jesus. How utterly tragic the consequences are of rejecting Truth - God - for a pack of lies and indoctrination coming from the very camp of Satan who produce every bit of brain-numbing propaganda that you ingest on a daily basis. But, as scriptures declare, eating the doctrines of demons produces these results. And produces an entire generation to believe that only Christians have it 'wrong' whilst completely believing themselves to be free of any doctrines - when in actuality, they have the mark of the beast on their forehead or hand because their MIND and ACTIONS are already aligned to his world.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

It will bring world peace for three and a half years.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
No it wouldn't because people would still fight among themselves. And if an alien race wouldcome to bring destruction on our planet, it would be every man for himself fighting an asymetrical war. And no I just didn't get that from the video I saw about National Geographic. Only those of us brave enough would fight. The rest (majority) would go into hiding in sewers and mountains for hundreds perhaps thousands of years eventually evolving into another species of human. The planet would be completely taken over by the Aliens and stripped of its resources. They may even haunt us as food and breed us like we do livestock. So no there will be no peace. All memory of our civilization will be lost

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Read two books by L. A. Marzulli;

Politics prophecy & The Supernatural and
The Cosmic Chessmatch

No description but this is a interesting Coast to Coast Video with L. A. Marzulli. Go to 13:00 to get to the meat of the program.

After seeing Madonna's half time ritual (yes being in the occult it was a ritual) I bought Marzulli's two books listed above and it explained a lot of what is currently going on to me anyway.

And I have not been a Christian for 50 years.
edit on 13-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join