It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would an Alien Invasion bring World Peace?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I always thought about this...

What if aliens attacked the earth, and we were forced to ban together in order to fight back. Would this be the one thing that could unite all humans as a collective race? I think it could be. Ive always thought that if this happened, most people would forget about our stupid differences, and join together in order to protect mother earth. Would this be something that could be sustained? maybe not? I wanted to get other views from ATS members, Since i think this is where the smartest people on the net reside! Its always fun reading others opinions

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

It would force world acceptance on ALL which trickles down to peace in a way. But it depends on the intentions of the invaders. Are they invading to unite a species or destroy a species or UPGRADE A SPECIES INTO THEIR SPECIES.

so YES, SOMEWHAT
These intel questions

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I would have to agree, with a threat that large it would be hard to cling to old hates. Maybe that is just what we need.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think that if this did happen then yes we would HAVE to put all differences aside and join forces. Would be weird though...Fighting alongside your former enemies. I think that after an event such as this we would either have world unity, or we would be a smouldering rock of dust after being obliterated.

Reminds me of this scene from animatrix where all the humans come together to fight the machines.

Cool stuff

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There would be fear, violence disorder, hate.

Then after a long time maybe years and years there would be peace !!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

-Whistles the NWO theme song, you know that one, about the false flag alien invasion, sponsored by your favorite main stream medias.-

edit on 9-3-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
ooo nice. Yea, i agree with all the points above. I really think something like this would be kinda "cool" in a way. i know it would be hard to fight along side prior enemies, but it seems like we NEED something like this to happen in order for people to realize "hey, he bleeds red to, maybe we aren't that different!" I think its a crazy situation, but the outcome could be great in some kind of weird way

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I've thought about this recently and i think the most worrying thought is, they will have been planning this for so long from so far away that we wont even have time to shake hands with our fellow humans for a truce, before the aliens ripped the world apart.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

Unless guardians are in the vicinity to help the odds.......

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by Tangled2011

Unless guardians are in the vicinity to help the odds.......

Guardians?? What is that?? :O

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

It seems they follow only rules of the creator and non other so RULES DONT APPLY. I think some are what the symbolic dragons or flying snakes look like in appearance. Early born FIRST TAUGHT to balance..

Of course this is all based on speculation, UM JUST SAYEN

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I do not think it would be a physical or forceful invasion, but rather an invasion of truths. In that event, i believe they would unveil the truths of human and terrestrial origins and be able to provide 'evidence'. After all, ET/Angels/demons, what have you, have had a hand in human development since the beginning. Therefore, i believe the majority of the human population would heed the information (which would be extremely convincing and well supported considering the source), which would result in the resolution of major issues abroad. Let's face it, religious disagreements are the cause of the majority of worldwide conflicts. If we all followed the same religion, there would be world peace...
edit on 9-3-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

haha nice. I can picture in my head just how cool it would be to have the enitre world cheering at once. I think that would send chills down my spine like no other. Could you imagine the war cry...Muslims, Christians, everyone at once, cheering for the race of man kind to win a war....ahhhh DREAMS!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Nah, if we are at war with Aliens, the US goes for broke, starts nuking countries it doesn't want to deal with, and attempts to contain and control all oil and natural resources, to of course fight the alien threat. We're rounded up and told to fight or go to the FEMA camps. Any freedom you thought you had is gone, you are now a soldier without any of the benefits.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

WOW
WOW all 1 can say.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I dont believe Aliens would need to attack Earth when they can simply wait for us to destroy each other ! quite possibly in the next decade or so.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It would be over before we knew it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
And thinking about it "what chance would we have against an advanced race" when we cant even deal with each other ??

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by linkshot1000

This would almost FORCE us to have to deal with each other. I guess it really just depends on the speed of an invasion. Would they come guns a blazin, would they wait and attack us after seeing how much TPTB suck? Only time will tell....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join