It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would an Alien Invasion bring World Peace?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Basically you are asking about sociological phenomenon in-group vs out-group: one of the best ways to "force" people into compliance and collaboration is to position an external danger. Why on earth to you think the "evil communists" were invented? And why we are all scared into believing we have to be afraid of muslims (I tend to give little support to the last statement, if and only if it can be extended to: we should be aware of the risk religion is creating, all religions).

The question that I derive from yours is what the effect of the totally unknown would be in case some aliens invade. I'm open minded so I don't exclude that option by default. However I don't buy the stories that present aliens as yet another variation on the human species. For all I know, aliens can look like a flock of yoghurt.
The more exotic they turn out the be, the higher the chance that the mechanism will work and group people. However, if they resemble us even in the slightest way it will take some only few hours to start "running with the enemy".

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I hope this is what happens!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Has any invasion anywhere ever brought peace ?
An invasion would bring out our natural base instinct to protect our family and tribe , we see examples of it day after day on the news .
I bet us vs them would be a dam good scrap though

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
We would band together until the threat was vanquished. Then the usual fun and games would resume.

Of course, the only possible way we could have a chance would be if we were given one deliberately, thats why in movies and books the invaders all have some inventive but ridiculous handicap/weakness bestowed by the writer.

Any species with the ability to generate the energy interstellar travel requires would snuff us out as easy as breathing without ever needing to be seen.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Invasion = Peace? Ummm really?

IF there was an alien invasion... that would mean that they are NOT that advanced as some assume they 'must' be just because they have the tech to get here. Tesla had the answer to spacecraft 100 years ago... but we chose War rather than space exploration and free energy.

IF there was an invasion it would mean they didn't have the means to wipe us out in an instant or there would be no need for an invasion.

Yes we would unite as a planet to get rid of the invaders, or die trying, but peace? Hell it would be all out war as we throw everything we have at them, including those star wars toys you weren't told about.

IF we survive the invasion, then there might come out of it a New World Order in the form of a planetary government, but for that to happen all the Old World Order current leaders would need to be eliminated Rothchilds, Rockefellers, Bush clan, Bildeburgers, etc... because all this crap about the plans of the NWO? Its just the OWO doing business as usual.

A one world government would be GREAT for the planet... ala the Federation in Star Trek. When the Masonic founders of America created this country, THAT was a NWO... a new Atlantis, a place where FREEDOM ruled. Unfortunately Woodrow Wilson sold us back to the OWO by creating the Federal Reserve to sell us back to the bankers. He realized he had done wrong, and wrote an apology... but the deed was done

Alien invasion, whether real or false flag will NOT bring peace, but total all out war. The survivors, if any, may see peace

edit on 9-3-2011 by zorgon because: Chadwickus talked to ArMaP to convince Phage to do it, even though Aliens abducted him

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Any species with the ability to generate the energy interstellar travel requires would snuff us out as easy as breathing without ever needing to be seen.

Hmm... I'm not so sure. A civilization with a warlike or aggressive nature would probably not last long enough to reach that level of advancement.

Here on Earth, for example, we're only a hundred years and change into the automobile age and we've already come close to obliterating ourselves on a few separate occasions.

I think an ET race so advanced would necessarily have to be peaceful. Instead of having weapons they probably have defences that we cannot fathom.
edit on 9-3-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cabuki
I always thought about this...

What if aliens attacked the earth, and we were forced to ban together in order to fight back. Would this be the one thing that could unite all humans as a collective race? I think it could be. Ive always thought that if this happened, most people would forget about our stupid differences, and join together in order to protect mother earth. Would this be something that could be sustained? maybe not? I wanted to get other views from ATS members, Since i think this is where the smartest people on the net reside! Its always fun reading others opinions

Ronald Reagan gave a speech to a large audience regarding the same exact thing. Since then, many believe that this was the beginning of a super secret program called Project Blue Beam, and some others.

Will TPTB false flag us like they did with War of the Worlds? Did the citizens want to band together peacefully when that false attack happened? NO they did not! Some people actually died trying to escape threat that wasn't even there.

How did this happen? Because they do the same things now that they did back then...fill you full of fear so that you are so jumpy you would kill your own family if they were shown to be sick with an "uncurable" virus or something...

Be redy for anything, but don't worry so much about the future...have faith and have love, and all will be great!
edit on 9-3-2011 by EchoM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
the only way that an alien invasion would bring world peace is if they came... and killed everyone and then left. Even if all countries bound together to fight them and "win"... right after the battle people would be right back to killing eachother over religious views. basically because humans are retarded

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Thats a valid viewpoint but i wouldn't want to depend on it being true. A species could develop social constraints and structures to manage conflict amongst themselves and still be utterly xenophobic.

Even fairly well balanced people dont cry when they step on an ant.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

If aliens invaded. First thing we need to discuss. Is the invasion hostile? Or is the invasion Neutral? Neutral being they don't declare war unless we make war on them.

If there here in hostility and we got lucky enough to run them off. Peace would last for awhile. I believe that. But it wouldnt last for long. As the world governments have been dismantled. People would want control and power.

If they invaded in a neutral sense. The only way we'd get peace is if everyone leared something from the aliens. Provided they are here to teach us something. Aslong as monkey is killing monkey there can be no peace.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
If aliens invaded. First thing we need to discuss. Is the invasion hostile?

An invasion is a military offensive consisting of all, or large parts of the armed forces of one geopolitical entity aggressively entering territory controlled by another such entity, generally with the objective of either conquering, liberating or re-establishing control or authority over a territory, forcing the partition of a country, altering the established government or gaining concessions from said government, or a combination thereof. An invasion can be the cause of a war, be a part of a larger strategy to end a war, or it can constitute an entire war in itself. Due to the large scale of the operations associated with invasions, they are usually strategic in planning and execution.

en.wikipedia.org...

Premise of the OP is What IF we had an alien invasion... not whether or not they would have reason to invade, or wouldn't need to invade because they are either so far advanced they could wipe us out or don't want to invade us because they are friendly or have no use for us...

They are invading so we are past all that

So IF they are invading, the question of the OP was will it lead to world peace.

edit on 9-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Thats a valid viewpoint but i wouldn't want to depend on it being true. A species could develop social constraints and structures to manage conflict amongst themselves and still be utterly xenophobic.

Even fairly well balanced people dont cry when they step on an ant.

Yes, you're quite right. It would be very silly to depend on ET life being friendly.

I suppose if one alien race exists, then we must assume many others do - perhaps millions of races, or billions, throughout the universe. In that case, chances are there will be friendly ones and not-so-friendly ones.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

An invasion doesn't have to be hostile though. If suddenly all over the world alien craft penetrated the atmosphere. It would be considered an invasion. More then the necessary means for contact. They wouldn't need to attack or make war.

You take a planet with 500,000 primitive alien species. This five hundred thou is some what intelligent. 5 billion humans land and start building colonies without killing anyone. Is that not an invasion?

invasion (ɪnˈveɪʒən)

— n
1. the act of invading with armed forces
2. any encroachment or intrusion: an invasion of rats
3. the onset or advent of something harmful, esp of a disease
4. pathol the spread of cancer from its point of origin into surrounding tissues
5. the movement of plants to a new area or to an area to which they are not native

2. sums it up perfectly for the scenario I'am talking.

Dictionary

edit on 9-3-2011 by Vicarious10000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It might bring out the worst side in humanity, we may actually start giving up other humans if the aliens offered them protection.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
LOL if aliens were to invade with a purpose of wiping us out, we would have NO chance. not a single chance.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
if every alien looked like Lisa from V then I bet every dude would be happy no matter what.

really if they can destroy the top 1% aka the elites it would be awesome. It would not bring world peace though, they would have to also educate people that religions are the cause of the most suffering and murder ever.

then tackle greed and hypocracy

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't think that alien invasion would be bring world peace the way it should be it might bring more like some sort of world collab between all nations like in Independence Day but just suddenly bring us all togather I don't think that would happen. I do think if they came in peace and enlightened us and we got something going like the Venus Project www.youtube.com... www.thevenusproject.com... we might have a great chance at world peace.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

There is the other extreme - Predator...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The aliens are very loving. Humans are much more terrifying than aliens.

The aliens created us. They told me they're coming in 2012.

There's a History Channel documentary called Ancient Astronaughts. It's on Youtube, but on Youtube it's called 'Ancient Aliens 2012'. It shows proof for aliens being on earth for hundreds of thousands of years. Deffinaltly worth watching.

After watching that, check out this website www.acern.com.au... and click on Conferences.

Aliens are real and they are coming. Accept it

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Ya onl;y if they came down and wiped out the human race. Then there would be peace on earth and we could all take a dirt knap in peace.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join