It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says World Safer Than 3 years ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
How can this man claim the world is a safer place? For who?
He has made every American a target; he has tried to imply Muslims, Arabs and anyone else who disagree with his policies are a terrorist. He has turned all Americans into targets, I�m pulling a Michel Moore here and saying don�t vote for this man, if he gets reelected he�s going to invade Iran after he gets another four years.

Bush's Foreign Fantasy
The president thinks the world is safer than it was three years ago. Which world is he living in?
By Fred Kaplan
Posted Friday, July 16, 2004, at 2:40 PM PT

Earlier this week, at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, home of the Y-12 nuclear-weapons facility, in Tennessee, President Bush gave one of his best-written speeches. This was his "America is safer" speech, and we will no doubt hear variations on it many times in the next four months. In it, he lists the world's hot spots, one by one (Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan), contrasts what each was like three years ago with what it's like now, and concludes each success story with the refrain, "and the American people are safer." After the last item on the checklist, he expands the viewfinder, exclaiming, "and America and the world are safer."

Link read more at the Slate MSN
Bush's Foreign Fantasy

(His Speach)
President Bush Discusses Progress in the War on Terror
Remarks by the President on the War on Terror
Oak Ridge National Laboratory Oak Ridge, Tennessee

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you for the warm welcome. I realize the Y-12 National Security Complex doesn't get a lot of visitors -- (laughter) -- so thanks for the special arrangements. I'm also glad to have the opportunity to thank each one of you for the vital work you do here. And please pass the word to your fellow employees, many of whom were waving, I want you to know, as we drove in, for which I'm thankful. The nation counts on your great expertise and your professionalism in producing, protecting, and maintaining material that is critical to our security. America is safer because of your service at Oak Ridge. You need to know our nation is grateful for that service. (Applause.)
www.whitehouse.gov...
Video RealPlayer
www.whitehouse.gov...

[edit on 19-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
My personal opinion on the subject is that the SHRUB (president) is full of crap all the way up to his ears, and has put us into more harm's way than anybody in recent history.

The world was on the verge of lending us a helping hand with Iraq, but the Shrub had to decry that if you are not with us, we will go it alone... Then the Rummy told old Europe (France and Germany) that we do not need old Europe, we have new Europe. He11, we don't stand a chance in the world with idiotic talking like that.

His "Oak Ridge speech" not only declared "America is Safer," but did so nine-times in the same speech. I think he really believes everything he says, and he is so out of touch with reality that he thinks we do too.

I am in great hopes that the coming election brings a new president and a new administration, and the nations of the world do Kerry the way Iran did Reagan (regarding hostages) and lets us start anew.

But, what ever takes place, we need to stand united, or we could be destined to follow in the foot-steps of the Great Roman Empire, and find ours crumbling around our feet...

Parhelia Out!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hmm...I think this now confirms that politicians have no touch with reality or the common man/woman.

Now, if he means that the world is safer for HIM then I can't agrue. What with his raised level of security...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well there may be partial truth in his statement.

The WORLD may be safer...
But AMERICANS are certianly not....

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I watched the Shrub's armada pass by one morning. It was surreal. I've never seen a more impressive or imposing fleet of vehicles in my life. Not even in war. The city was empty, cleared by the secret service and all you could hear were helicopters hovering above. Gone are the days of knowing which vehicle your president is in, folks. Gone are the days of being able to wave to your leader.

Bush is the most wanted man alive, next to Rumsfeld and Cheney. All one needs to do is watch their security details at work to grasp just how 'safe' we are.

I've traveled throughout the United States and around the world and I can honestly say, I have never felt our nation and our citizens so targeted. We are all targets now, thanks to this criminally insane bunch.

Happy trails.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
How can this man claim the world is a safer place? For who?

- Wow. What, "the world is a safer place" how come?

Has Bush and his maniac mates stopped supplying every lunatic regime with any weaponry they fancy - so long as they say "we're friends" - or something?

[edit on 19-7-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There is no reason to even question it. Powell put out the false report - and corrected it immediately. Terrorism has gone up and not down. So we a logically not safer. The report says it all.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
A safer place? What?!?! Some guys are out there and are trying to take over the world! Terreorists, and nuclear weapons, Korea, and thats not all because look at what is still happening in Iserial!

Originally posted by RANT

Nice picture, makes me feel so much safer!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Shrubbie must be smoking crack!

[edit on 19-7-2004 by neomoniker]

new topics

top topics

join