It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vehicle Transportation without GASOLINE !!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thanks, that sure clears it up. So what we are talking about is the waste is being converted to methane somewhere else (not in the car), haha, makes a lot more sense, I don't know how I came up with the idea of the car being filled with waste. Anyway, thanks for explaining it all, not too harsh originally either

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Boncho,

Do you have any references for what it would take to convert U-233 (thorium byproduct) to U-235 (weapons grade uranium)?

I'm just curious, as I can't seem to find much.

I can only find phrases such as "thorium is not nearly as easy to weaponize", etc.

Maybe converting U-233 to U-235 is not something that could be done discretely in a persons back yard?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
Boncho,

Do you have any references for what it would take to convert U-233 (thorium byproduct) to U-235 (weapons grade uranium)?

I'm just curious, as I can't seem to find much.

I can only find phrases such as "thorium is not nearly as easy to weaponize", etc.

Maybe converting U-233 to U-235 is not something that could be done discretely in a persons back yard?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you would bother converting it because Ur233 can be itself used as fissile material.

MET stands either for "Military Effects Test" or "Military Effects Tower" (according to Frank Shelton). This was a LASL test of a composite U-233/plutonium bomb core (the first test by the U.S. to use U-233) in a Mk 7 HE assembly. The 30 inch diameter spherical implosion system weighed 800 lb.

Source

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It would take about ten years plus quite a few hundered thousand dollars to even break ground, spend like a fraction of that (in most cases less then $10,000) to convert your car to run exclusivley on electricity and get yourself like 2 portable solar generators and you've solved your problems like 3 fold.

Besides, if you did find oil in your backyard Big Oil would be at your door in usually days trying to buy your land for pennies on the dollar.
edit on 23-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here's an update for this dead thread if anyone is still interested:

uclear powered cars aren’t exactly a new idea, designers have been fantasizing about them for decades. However, recent research by Charles Stevens, head of Laser Power Systems, suggests that it may be far more possible than previously imagined. The problem Stevens was setting out to solve was bigger than “getting off gas” but rather, the problem of having to fuel cars at all. He believes that 8 grams of the rare-earth mineral thorium, lasers, and mini-turbines could solve that problem by providing the equivalent of 60,000 gallons of gasoline, enough to take a Hummer 960,000 miles, all with no emissions.

Granted, thorium is radioactive, which screams “dangerous” to many people, but it is a lot safer than, say, uranium. According to Stevens, its radioactivity could be easily confined with aluminum foil. The bigger hurdles with the technology hardly involve radioactivity at all: While there are 440,000 tons of thorium in the U.S. alone, no one has really set up any facilities for the purpose of mining it out. That may have to change.

The other issue — a frustratingly practical one — is the matter of making the turbines small enough to fit comfortably in the car and still provide sufficient energy to keep it moving. Still, Stevens expects that he can have a prototype by 2014.

source

I hope this team is unto something. I wouldn't mind having having one of these turbines at my house generating electricity and if it goes under the hood that would be fine also.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think a hybrid that was electric as in Tesla's famed car, self charging, or that used reconditioned second hand batteries, for around town, and an HHO vehicle, OR strictly HHO, is the way to go. I've been looking into the salt and vinegar type batteries. Vehicles running on salt water might be interesting too.

FREE ENERGY - Salt Water Fuel

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I love this because it would get you a big fine in calif for putting any wood gas unit on a car then driving it on the street.

The last person that i heard of doing it in Calif got fined $10,000.

You might if you kept a low profile run a generator on wood gas to power a house in a rural area.
but you would be taking a chance that a tree hugger did not hear about it.

You can be sued for polluting in Calif by any private party at anytime.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by boncho
I am going to comment on the thread you linked (because burning trees as fuel is not worth commenting on).

well I can see you didn't read the article before commenting
or you would have seen that this works for other organic
material as well as you are not stuck with burning just
wood for a source.

Buy you go ahead and make Shell rich
by giving them all your extra cash.

Hey, Boondock, pay no mind to boncho, he is an oil company shill, and goes into these alternative fuel threads like a shark to discredit anything helpful to Americans. He thinks he knows a great deal more that he actually knows, and will dog you to death until the thread dies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join