It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vehicle Transportation without GASOLINE !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well I have seen a boat load of threads lately
about this topic. They talk of all kinds of topics
about gas alternatives, even one thread gave
blueprints on how to make your backyard
into an oil refinery.

However, I recently came across some documents
put out by FEMA and the United Nations on how
to handle an emergency of a gasoline shortage
or even if the prices are too high to purchase fuel.

I looked over these documents and it seems easy enough
to follow along for any backyard mechanic WITHOUT
having a Physics Degree so I am
posting these here for ATS consumption.

If you have to say good bye to gasoline,
there are other options. Did you know that
over a half million cars in Germany were using
wood burning engines due to gasoline rationing
during WW2. It can be done again.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69facc8a3998.jpg[/atsimg]
photo credit to: www.lowtechmagazine.com...

While this generator is designed to use wood,
it can also use, wood chips, saw dust, coal,
charcoal or even seaweed. Matter of fact a
lot of organic matter can be used as a fuel source
for this device.

Farmers can even use this on their tractors.

blueprints for how to make this is in the link below.

FEMA Woodgas Generator

Wood Gas as Engine Fuel

Biomass Gasifiers for Heating and Power

Homemade Generator

Yes, you can tell the oil companies to shove it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87d80ae74505.jpg[/atsimg]
photo credit to: www.lowtechmagazine.com...

If these links go dead, I have the info saved.
I will upload them to ATS.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I wonder if that is better or worse for the environment, think about how much wood we're going to be burning if everyone uses that, and what are the cities going to smell like. I think there are better alternatives, but definitely a good find, I think I've heard of this before too. Did it say somewhere how many kg we require per km?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
We desperately need a solution to he oil problem although I don't think this is it..
What happens when a badly fitted one fall of the back of a car and starts a fire, killing people and causing untold destruction..

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Hmm, maybe we should not make a hybrid car with these things and gasoline. Might not be the best results in that situation.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamaperson
Hmm, maybe we should not make a hybrid car with these things and gasoline. Might not be the best results in that situation.

it is my understanding that this wood burning
generator does not use gasoline at all unlike
those HHO devices that just extend your gas
mileage.

Plus, you are not totally bound to use wood.
Lots of organic matter can be substituted
for the wood.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
We desperately need a solution to he oil problem although I don't think this is it..

I think ur right, I don't think this is a long term solution.
However, if the need arises suddenly with $8 a gallon
gasoline. This quick fix beats the hell outta walking
or riding a bicycle.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

If you have to say good bye to gasoline, there are other options.

I know a local farmer whose pick up runs on chicken manure (Methane gas)

This is what the USA SHOULD be pursuing NOW!

Think about it.

How can the Elite like the Rockefellers control us and charge huge prices for oil and scare us into poverty with things like "Peak Oil" and the "population explosion" If science proves they are LYING!

Abiotic Oil

Now for the first time, scientists have found that ethane and heavier hydrocarbons can be synthesized under the pressure-temperature conditions of the upper mantle —the layer of Earth under the crust and on top of the core. The research was conducted by scientists at the Carnegie Institution's Geophysical Laboratory, with colleagues from Russia and Sweden, and is published in the July 26, advanced on-line issue of Nature Geoscience....
www.physorg.com... or geology.com...

Look what happen with Nuclear!

Energy is a prime requirement for civilization. Any where from animal muscle power to oil we depend on energy. We have had the solution for PEAK oil since the 1950's!

If you do a bit of poking around you find the Rockefellers aka Standard oil, funded a lot of the research on the medical problems from radiation poisoning. Also SOMEONE funded all those nuclear protesters here in the USA A Want Ad I saw in the 1985 Boston Globe said "Nuclear Protesters $10/hour"

The result: Everyone is scared to death of Nuclear especially the long term storage problems.

Again do a bit of poking around we find:

In the 1950s and 1960s, U.S. scientists ignored thorium, and went with uranium because uranium produces plutonium the key ingredient in nuclear bombs. Link

The Basics
.... This thorium fuel cycle carries with it a number of important natural properties some of which contrast sharply with the uranium fuel cycle:

-At no point in the thorium cycle – from mining to waste – can fuel or waste products be used as bomb material in any way;

-The thorium fuel cycle is inherently incapable of causing a meltdown according to the laws of physics; in nuclear reactor parlance, the fuel is said to contain passive safety features;

-Thorium-based fuels do not require conversion or enrichment – two essential phases of the uranium fuel cycle that are exceedingly expensive, and create proliferation risk;

-Thorium fuel cycle waste material consists mostly of 233-uranium, which can be recycled as fuel (with minor actinide content decreased 90-100%, and with plutonium content eliminated entirely);
-Thorium-based fuels are significantly energy efficient;

-Thorium fuel cycle waste material is radiotoxic for tens of years, as opposed to the thousands of years with today’s standard radioactive waste;

-Thorium fuel designs exist today that can be used in all existing nuclear reactors;

-Thorium exists in greater abundance and higher concentrations than uranium making it much less expensive and environmentally-unobtrusive to mine;

These facts have many serious implications for the efficiency and security of energy delivery in the United States, and the world. SOURCE

A Chronology of Nuclear History

Reintroducing Thorium: Chem & Eng News

Electric cars for commuting would be a viable alternative if electric was cheap.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

The only solution is for humanity to step outside the narrow little box it thinks in and reach its psychic potential so that we can learn the art of psychic teleportation, otherwise known as psychoportation or jaunting. Reaching for mundane solutions, such as wood burning engines, will only exacerbate the spiritual weakness that is the root cause of our various problems. Of course humanity is so incredibly ignorant of parapsychology and so incredibly mislead by materialistic science that its a long shot. But then again, everything is a long shot at this point.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
The only solution is for humanity to step outside the narrow little box it thinks in and reach its psychic potential so that we can learn the art of psychic teleportation, otherwise known as psychoportation or jaunting.

ummmm
I'm lost

can you educate me on how psychoportation
is gonna fuel a vehicle ???

Can a vehicle run on brain power ???
what am I missing here ??

edit on 3/7/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

The only solution is for humanity to step outside the narrow little box it thinks in and reach its psychic potential so that we can learn the art of psychic teleportation, otherwise known as psychoportation or jaunting.

ummmm
I'm lost

can you educate me on how psychoportation
is gonna fuel a vehicle ???

By eliminating the need for a vehicle.

Sure. What do you think UFOs run on? Chemicals? Nuclear power? Nope. UFOs are a psychic phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I saw how they made this wood gas car on "The Colony".

Umm a tiny problem. They ran out of wood pretty fast. Imagine if all cars would run on wood gas... We would soon find ourselves on a planet with no trees that produce oxygen. Not to mention pollution. Not to mention what would such vast deforestation do to soil.

This is a good alternative for a short time. But it's not good enough for long-term use.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Sure. What do you think UFOs run on? Chemicals? Nuclear power? Nope. UFOs are a psychic phenomenon.

I'm sure you can post some sources
for this .... right ???

Care to share some blueprints as well ???

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love
to see this brain power in action

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I'm sure you can post some sources
for this .... right ???

Care to share some blueprints as well ???

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love
to see this brain power in action

There are no small brain powers. Only small imaginations.

I can point you to material that will open your eyes about the true nature of the UFO phenomenon. But in order to grok it, you might need to have a strong background in comparative mysticism, parapsychology, folklore, comparative mythology, philosophy. Do you have expertise in those fields?

edit on 7-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
I saw how they made this wood gas car on "The Colony".
Umm a tiny problem. They ran out of wood pretty fast. Imagine if all cars would run on wood gas... We would soon find ourselves on a planet with no trees that produce oxygen. Not to mention pollution. Not to mention what would such vast deforestation do to soil.
This is a good alternative for a short time. But it's not good enough for long-term use.

Maybe you didn't see where this generator is not
limited to just wood. It can run on organic matter
such as seaweed, etc ....

and I have already agreed this is not a long
term solution. However, one morning you
wake up and gasoline is $8 a gallon. You're
gonna have to think of a fix really quick.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I can point you to material that will open your eyes about the true nature of the UFO phenomenon. But in order to grok it, you might need to have a strong background in comparative mysticism, parapsychology, folklore, comparative mythology, philosophy. Do you have those?

well I guess I'll be walking
lol

and the answer is no

sorry

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I can point you to material that will open your eyes about the true nature of the UFO phenomenon. But in order to grok it, you might need to have a strong background in comparative mysticism, parapsychology, folklore, comparative mythology, philosophy. Do you have those?

well I guess I'll be walking
lol

and the answer is no

sorry

Given your lack of expertise in the relevant fields, I recommend this book. One of the best sci-fi books ever written.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

now there's a stinky solution !!!
lol

I don't think we have enough chickens
round here to power everybody's vehicle.

I want one of those vehicles like on
Back to the Future where you can put almost
anything in it as a fuel source.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I would love to see the plans for this....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
why is it that all seriously motivated threads here are constantly being filled with mind numbing crap? I love the data, and I saved the PDF's to my emergency pad, gonna look into the chicken crap for fuel thing that is great, lots of it around here and as things heat up there will be more. Thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I find wood gas (or bio-gas) as a very interesting alternative to gasoline. I was first introduced to this particular fuel source on a survival show on the Discovery Channel. I don't remember the name now, but it involved a man and his family learning to make all these things on their own in the event of an imminent crisis. He even created a wood gas generator and attached it to an old Chevy Truck (and those things don't die). It took him and his son quite a few tries to tweak it to work, but it did indeed work. I've often thought about how to convert a diesel/gasoline powered generator to one that would use wood gas or other such bio-fuel. I suppose it would work in much the same fashion as converting a car, but on a much smaller scale.

While I don't think this would be a long-term viable solution (not to mention that you'd modify a gasoline-powered vehicle to the point where I don't think you could switch it back...but I may be wrong), I think in the short-term, this could definitely be something useful if and when gasoline hits 5 or 6 bucks a gallon in the coming months. I wouldn't want to make cross-country road trips with it, but to get from point A to point B around town would be enough.

I've downloaded all the .PDF's you've linked (and thank you for that!), and added them to my survival folder on my computer. Hopefully I'll never have to use them, but if I ever do, I'll be ready.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join