It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashing required to continue the market system.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Teach each other the real needs of life, and passion and kindness, people are now hiding in their artificial castles, and don't bother, just their own and their family.

We all are family, we are just arguing who got the most lovely family tree.

Silly.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ost33

Got four hours? It's well worth it. A little history for ya. If ya haven't seen it, that is.

Century Of The Self - Part 1

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Extremely importanr topc IMO.

People who are at peace with themselves know that their true worth has nothing to do with how young or beautiful they appear, how fancy their car or home is, or how many facebook "friends' they have. Concurently they do not judge others on that basis. Very few people are at peace with themselves because they have swallowed the MSM LIE that happiness and peace can be obtained by buying, eating, being some how "better than" another human being.

MSM endeavors to convince us through the use of FEAR fom a young age that that our worth depends on those things. It is a "carrot and stick" proposition. The prize (peace and happiness) is always just out of reach, around the next corner. As American MSM consumers we are on a hamster wheel. Why? Or, better yet, why stay on it?

First you have the "elites" - the real "elites" - people born into famiies of afluence and poitical clout. Next, you have the "elite-wanna be's" - that's almost everyone else whether it's new money, so to speak, or people who just want to appear to have "made it". Why? FEAR that there is something wrong with us or that we are not good enough in some way. MSM plays on that fear to keep us buying things. Hollywood and politics thrive on it. There would be no "stars" unless there were fans. In my opinion it is "the beast".

Our society no longer teaches the sanctity and value of all human life. Parents who don't recognize their own inherent value raise children who don't. We have denied our own inherent value and embraced an illusory form of valueing ourselves and each other. We have given our power away but we CAN take it back.

OPT out of consumerism. OPT out of star worship. We do ultimately have the power. Turn off the drivel of some TV programs, mute the sound during the TV commercials.

We don't have to be "elite-wanna be's" for one second longer.

edit on 31-3-2011 by robyn because: spelling

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Re: Commercials: Last night I was searching on line as to the status of my TV series I'd been missing, 'Mad Men'. I learned that the next season has been delayed until 2012 because the corporate "suits" are telling Matt Weiner to not only eliminate a couple of the regular cast, but to then add F***ING MORE commercials and shorten the show each hour. Weiner says absolutely not. Result: Unforeseen for now.

I'm fiddn to declare a Jihad !

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Duplicate. (Don't know why.)
edit on 31-3-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I have LONG envisioned a simple device that you could install on your cable line (along the lines of a cable box) that would detect when the program went to commercial and would automatically go to some sort of screensaver and music until the program resumed and then switch back automatically.

It cannot be that hard to do.

Any ATS inventors out there? I would sure buy one and I hope a lot of other folks would too.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

They already have those. They are called DVR's. Just fast forward through the commercials.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
reply to post by robyn

They already have those. They are called DVR's. Just fast forward through the commercials.

LOL I know about those.
I want something as I described (live TV and no FF).

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

It can be done .
You would need to run your TV feed thru a computer which would allow you to
insert a script or you could always design and develop an application for this purpose .

About the brainwashing ?

Human beings are inherently in need of been brainwashed imho .

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think after most people reach an age betwee 25 and 35 they no longer have a desire for material things but are already in the trap.

You can't get life's basic necessities without working and the world makes people 8+ hours a day whether your yearly salary is 20k or over a 100k . At some point you figure, if you are going to end up working either way, then you might as well make enough to live a bit more comfortably. Then after bills or savings (if your smart) you spend any bit that's left over as a treat for yourself for putting up with a miserable job.

If most people could work 4 hours a day and meet their basic necessities and know they wouldn't starve to death in old age, they definitely wouldn't be so materialistic. I think materialism is just an effect of people working so much, not the root of the problem.

edit on 31-3-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think about materialism versus quality of life. I was born into poverty and all those horrible stress caused things that --usually-- go with it. I know there are those who seem to have a Norman Rockwell-like story of the poor but loving spiritual thoughtfull family who are greatfull and read to each other. (Pfffffffft!) Such has WAY NOT been my experience. So I came into that with 2 things. Artistic prodigy and disability. I succumbed to the disability instead of the talent, because my environment wasn't a launching pad, but rather quicksand. So I live poor now, half a century later. It's nearly like being in jail. While dead. I know if I suddenly came into wealth, I'd get me a house, property, a vehicle and a big new TV and computer accessories, asap. Then I would travel, and attend conferences which are based on certain intellectual interests But I would NOT buy $500. purses, 15 classic cars to house, too much home space, 120 designer stilettos I never wear, etc etc etc, like that. I am wondering what you all think of quality of life versus materialism. Is that fine line totally different for everyone, or is there a (nearly) common one? I guess people who are greedy factor in significantly. I would like enough wealth to distribute alot to no kill animal shelters, other animal welfare causes, and struggling oasis for the homeless and those at risk or in danger, otherwise, I could not live with myself and sleep at night.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The Monarch is the Rulers of us all.

The Monarch is the place the money trail stops.

The Monarch is the place to look.

For you all conspicuous people out there.

A monarchy is a form of government in which all political power is passed down to an individual (usually hereditary) known as a monarch ("single ruler"), or king (male), queen (female).

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I never really bought into the whole 'brainwashing the masses' claim. Maybe this seems like blaming the victim, but I really believe that people need to be responsible for their own actions.

People don't really go out and buy products just because they see them on tv, do they? I mean, my wife and I think the E-Trade baby is cute and funny, but I'm not going to go buy what E-Trade is selling because of that. That would be... well, just really stupid.

Or another example: I have an Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 because everyone in my family loves video games and we can afford it. It's a hobby - everyone has those; we would have bought them without commercials suggesting for us to buy them.

By contrast, I don't care about cars. Cars are just things to get me from point A to point B, and no amount of exposure to glamorous car commercials have convinced me to feel otherwise. Why would they? Commercials can't tell me whether I like something or not.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelgarden
I never really bought into the whole 'brainwashing the masses' claim. Maybe this seems like blaming the victim, but I really believe that people need to be responsible for their own actions.

People don't really go out and buy products just because they see them on tv, do they? I mean, my wife and I think the E-Trade baby is cute and funny, but I'm not going to go buy what E-Trade is selling because of that. That would be... well, just really stupid.

Or another example: I have an Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 because everyone in my family loves video games and we can afford it. It's a hobby - everyone has those; we would have bought them without commercials suggesting for us to buy them.

By contrast, I don't care about cars. Cars are just things to get me from point A to point B, and no amount of exposure to glamorous car commercials have convinced me to feel otherwise. Why would they? Commercials can't tell me whether I like something or not.

LISTEN to yourself ! .. gods...

The brainwashed do not know they are being brainwashed...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunakki

Yeah, having a hobby that requires something not free is pure brainwashing.

Why are you even using the internet? Get off it you brainwashed mass!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Okaaay.... would you care to elaborate please?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

What in hell are you talking about?

Watch to much TV to get your own head straight?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

Why are you trying to justify your life? Are you afraid finding out that you are caught up in the nice comfort zone bubble you live in?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Does People here understand Social Programming? Like your TV your Radio the commercials everywhere? Even ATS is a Social Programming place.

People just want to read and say indeed, and don't want to do #, cause they are to brainwashed to think they can do a bit.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Why are you calling him brainwashed? Are you so brainwashed that merely doing something you don't approve of means someone is brainwashed?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join