It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Dr Hawass Resigned

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Totally unreplaceable. Trading antiquities is the upcoming monetary system between the elites.

Interesting, that never crossed my mind,

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I've never seen a good word said about him and many times I have seen him called a liar..

Why would I believe him now?
Maybe he is leaving, with all the treasures and secrets..
Who knows better than him ???

I realize a lot of people have little respect for him but the artifacts being stolen, now that's a shame.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

This is what makes me sad, I and many follow archeology on the net, it is exciting when there are new discoveries, and new pieces to the puzzle,

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There is not much more to do now but get someone into the underground cavern under the Sphinx and find out what he was hiding all along!

I could care less about gold and antiquities, I want to know who built the pyramids not who came along and took up residency after the Gods disappeared.

I am not interested in Mummies. We have the family mapped out, do we really need to have their corpses? Let's cut past the junk and get to the Truth.

Personally, I would make Hawass remain as a citizen of Egypt, rich or not this is the home that allowed him to "serve" himself and he should be honored to be Egyptian for that very reason. If he did anything wrong then he will be able to stand upon the ground that supported his regime! This is a Great Humbling for this man if he is not allowed to escape the Truth of the matter and his self-serving ways.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

It has crossed my mind more than once that maybe a team of people could jet over there, pay off the, by now, desperate guards and finally get some answers to the many mysteries that remain in Egypt - the Sphinx being one but I'm also thinking the 'air-shafts' in the Great Pyramid.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I certainly won’t miss him. But I think what we need to understand here, is that Hawass was obeying orders. For him to actually say what he knows would be a death sentence for him. After they were through discrediting him, and totally destroying his life, that is. Though he’s done a pretty good job of that himself.

I think we also need to step back and look at the grand scheme of things. Who benefits the most from the looting and destruction of artifacts in Egypt? Or anywhere else for that matter? Those who run this planet. Not only are they guarding the secrets at all costs. But they are hoarding away whatever they can get there hands on to nearly indestructible vaults.

It’s hard to say with certainty what these people are preparing for. But whatever it is, they feel the need to prepare for it in grand style. To the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars on structures that can withstand most anything.

I'd say we're in for a bumpy ride.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Sounds to me that Dr.Hawass may have some stolen artifacts himself and is escaping to become a very rich man.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My speculation is that, say for a second that they do have hidden ancient tech and the like, that perhaps Hawass is ducking out before some of these looters reveal something and his ass is strung up. My guess is that he's just ducking out before the smoking gun can be fired.

Also what's up with the looters with loaders? This makes me wonder if they could be backed by some unseen organization who are desperately digging and looting for this supposed tech :/ Some of the overnight excavations have been reported as having trenches as deep as 25 or 30 feet...that's a ridiculous amount of sand and rock to move, under cover of darkness no less.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Demiwatt because: grammar

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
i wonder if he will write a book about the things he couldnt talk about
let the conspiracys begin

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Fat change that anything 'he has hidden' comes to light if there even is anything like that. I have not seen any proof of such. Just the usual internet rumours. Even if someone would dig up something interesting we would never hear from it. These are thieves and looters we're talking about. Anything valuable will vanish into thin air fast.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
www.drhawass.com...

Q: Dr. Hawass, for many years you have been the image of modern Egyptology. Why are you leaving now?

A: “I am leaving because of a variety of important reasons. The first reason is that, during the Revolution of January 25th, the Egyptian Army protected our heritage sites and the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. However, in the last 10 days the army has left these posts because it has other tasks to do. The group now in charge of the protection of these sites is the Tourist Police, but there are no Tourist Police to do this either. Therefore, what happens? Egyptian criminals, thieves (you know, in every revolution bad people always appear…), have begun to destroy tombs. They damaged the tomb of Hetep-ka at Saqqara, the tomb of Petah-Shepses at Abu Sir and the tomb of a person called Em-pi at Giza. They attacked a storage magazine at Saqqara and we do not yet know how many artifacts are missing; they opened two storage magazines at Giza; one tomb dated to the 19th Dynasty, the only one in the Delta in fact, was damaged at Ismaïlia; and a store at El-Qantara East has been broken into and looted for antiquities. People have begun to build houses and to excavate at night, everywhere, putting heritage sites all over the country at risk. I had to write a report and I sent it to the Director of UNESCO. That is why at the meeting of the Egyptian cabinet yesterday I had my speech prepared already and I said: “I cannot stay in Egypt and see antiquities being stolen when I cannot do anything to stop it!” This situation is not for me! I have always fought to return stolen artifacts to Egypt. I did fight Ahmed Ezz as well, the man in the Parliament, who was the most powerful man, because he wanted to allow antiquities to be sold in Egypt again.

So depressing,

now, what if, Dr. Hawass has now taken out all the artifacts that the "global elite" dont want us to know about... "oops!" he says "we have all the artifacts we need, now to foment a revolution to cover our tracks! if they find artifact number 554c1 (for example) missing, they wont even know what we took! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!" His evil laugh echoing off the walls of the ancient machine that is the meeting site of the evil elite cabal of powerful global manipulators.

Now I'm not saying this happened, but just a what if sorta thing. No doubt the man was holding out on the world with information and the like, he was too much of a greedy power hungry person to be fully open about anything. im not judging him, but i also dont have to agree with the suppression of knowledge...

I guess what I'm trying to ask here is this, What was stolen? And what information was held back from us?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It doesn't really matter if you like him or respect him. What matters is that all of that history is being destroyed.

Dr. Hawass may be an arogant man - but again - he is knowledgable AND has spent his life "digging" up history.

What is SOO sad is that the people have no respect for what may be yet to uncover and are destroying soo much of history in the process of their greed.

I am glad that I was able to visit Egypt (2 years ago) before all of this sad turn of events.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I dont like Hawass much, but looters are much worse. The poverty of Egypt is driving people to loot the last treasures to be found. This is bad news Stormdancer.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
I feel for him...this man's life work is gutted which I am sure it is how he must feel. He specialized. What is he gonna go study now. Side Note...I wonder if Obama picked out anything for his collection when ever he was there recently? "Boys, I saw this little statue that looked like me. I would like to have that to admire."

He specialized?

Uh yeah! In tourism. No real facts about Egypt's Archaeology will ever be released as long as Hawaas is in charge.

Oh look - - completely unrelated Obama bashing - - just for the sake of bashing.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I meant to mention that in a previous post but got a little carried away celebrating his departure

The looting of precious antiquities is atrocious. The only solace I take from it is that perhaps a small percentage of them will be looted by people that intend on preserving them from other looters. Or maybe that's too much to hope :/

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Skyfloating

I meant to mention that in a previous post but got a little carried away celebrating his departure

The looting of precious antiquities is atrocious. The only solace I take from it is that perhaps a small percentage of them will be looted by people that intend on preserving them from other looters. Or maybe that's too much to hope :/

Or you can think about it this way. I believe even the poorest of the poor know the monetary value of selling Egypt's antiquities.

Many artifacts today have been made public and in museums because of the Black Market.

Probably the biggest downfall of having looters raid antiquity sites - - is they only care about what they can sell. They don't care about damaging historical paintings and other stuff they can't carry out.

Its kind of a catch 22.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Maybe Dr Hawass is fleeing Egypt because "something" very dangerous has gone missing during the revolution. Something which when used in the wrong hands could have terrible consequences? It will be interesting to see how far he flees.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

I'm actually thinking more along the lines of someone has found evidence that he is a crook and is blackmailing him. Just a thought I had while replying to Zorgons thread in the Breaking News forum.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It is kinda sad, about the looting. and I am sure, its happening in all the country's that are now in turmoil. just like
it happened in Iraq, when we took over. its very sad...

but, if there is any kind of "hidden" dirt. my guess, would be its locked away somewhere way out of the way.
and, because of this if it comes to light it would be tainted....

-GhostinShell

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

UGH!

somebody has to stop them from destroying thousands of years of ancient history.

quick!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join