It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly image at a grave in Purdy Cemetery Tennessee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I went on a ghost hunting trip to Purdy Cemetery in Bethel Springs Tennessee. One of the random pics of the cemetery was this face on the ground.
i972.photobucket.com...
I have several more pics to check out and will post more later. The cemetery and town in general have a very interesting and brutally wicked history. You can read more at this site,

hurstnation.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Can you point out the 'face'?

thanks

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It's in the middle of the picture. Very eerie looking.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Sorry but I don't see a ghost face. I see something, but it looks like a ground/grass pattern created by the brown and green grass.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb631d0a78fa.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 5-3-2011 by BenIndaSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Wow, I really figured the folks on here would really see the face. It's not grass patterns. It is a ghostly face captured on film.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Hi Christian. Unfortunately I don't see it either. I keep staring and thinking I will eventually but nothing.

Can you post the other pictures for us to see?
edit on 5-3-2011 by SavannahJane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
One word keeps popping up: pareidoly

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

The word that comes to my mind is blindness.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Just because we can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. Sometimes though it helps to point it out. I have a photo too that I would most likely have to point out what I am talking about. Did BenIndaSun who put the box around what they thought it was, nail it? Or is it elsewhere in the picture? Please post more pictures if you have any. Thanks!

edit on 5-3-2011 by SavannahJane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I do believe Christian is referring to this. While I can't claim to know what it is, it does seem like something is manifesting in the image. All I did was edit the selective color channels by the way, and when editing it, I did notice that it appears that the anomaly is in front of the grass; it seems opaque to me. Judge for yourselves

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Demiwatt

I see it now that you edited the colors. That is awesome! Thank you.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If I see a bunny in the clouds on Easter, is it really the Easter Bunny?

Your mind will always try to find patterns in randomness. It's called pareidolia. I can take a picture of trees and find dozens of faces. I guess it's the pixies, nymphs, and faery creatures that live in the trees, right?

Also, when are you people going to understand that not everyone visually sees the same thing you do?? Google, "do you see the old woman in the picture" to educate yourself a bit.

I have an open mind to 'ghosts' and 'spirit photos', but these faces-in-the-weeds pictures need to go the way of the Fox sisters.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
If I see a bunny in the clouds on Easter, is it really the Easter Bunny?

Your mind will always try to find patterns in randomness. It's called pareidolia. I can take a picture of trees and find dozens of faces. I guess it's the pixies, nymphs, and faery creatures that live in the trees, right?

Also, when are you people going to understand that not everyone visually sees the same thing you do?? Google, "do you see the old woman in the picture" to educate yourself a bit.

I have an open mind to 'ghosts' and 'spirit photos', but these faces-in-the-weeds pictures need to go the way of the Fox sisters.

I don't see a problem with people indulging themselves, it's not hurting anyone. If people choose to believe in something unknown or unseen, rather than take a skeptical route, it's not anyone elses place to try and convince them otherwise. If people want to believe they are seeing pixies, nymphs, and faery creatures, that's their prerogative, whatever helps get them through. Just as they have as much right to believe what they believe, so to do you to take a more critical approach, but please try and be less aggressive in your denunciations. We are here at ATS to talk about these things and have civil conversations without being ridiculed.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Demiwatt because: grammar

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

it's not anyone elses place to try and convince them otherwise. If people want to believe they are seeing pixies, nymphs, and faery creatures, that's their prerogative, whatever helps get them through.

That kind of defeats the whole "Deny Ignorance" motto doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

it's not anyone elses place to try and convince them otherwise. If people want to believe they are seeing pixies, nymphs, and faery creatures, that's their prerogative, whatever helps get them through.

That kind of defeats the whole "Deny Ignorance" motto doesn't it?

Perhaps. Although, I was just trying to diffuse what seemed to be a lesson in ridicule more than an act of teaching. I'm all for civil and open discussion. I'm just against someone jamming facts in someone elses face without listening to their side of the conversation or even being open enough to consider it a possibility. It seems to also defeat the purpose of intelligent debate when one comes at someone else like that. How is that going to educate or change anyone's mind?

Just my two cents, I'd rather not get into some heated debate.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Demiwatt because: edited after thinking it through

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Our brains can interpret a group of shapes and tell us it's something. Look at clouds - ever see things in clouds? I can see where someone would look at this pic in the op and see a face. There's a place for the eyes and nose on something that has the shape of a human head but also take a look at the ground to the right of this image. there are two spots that are the exact same color that don't resemble anything but splotches of color on the ground.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Hi and thanks.
I do see what you are describing.
I saw " it" as soon as i looked at the link.
Thanks again.

I think it could be 1 of 3 things
#1, A ghost(spirit)
#2, Nothing( like others have suggested)
#3, Its rain or dust in the photo( as i noticed other spots in the shot)

Ps. I believe in ghosts/spirits, and alot more.
So I'm hoping ghost/spirit.
Nice photo

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
I went on a ghost hunting trip to Purdy Cemetery in Bethel Springs Tennessee. One of the random pics of the cemetery was this face on the ground.
i972.photobucket.com...
I have several more pics to check out and will post more later. The cemetery and town in general have a very interesting and brutally wicked history. You can read more at this site,

hurstnation.com...

Hey there Christian,

I don't know whether it's paranormal or not but I have definately seen much worse offered forth as ghost photographs ... as a paranormal investigator I actually find your picture very interesting.

Would it be possible for you to share more details about the cemetary itself (known hauntings etc) or details concerning the general history that you mentioned in the OP.

Also at the risk of being a bit cheeky I was wondering if you would give me permission to add your photo to the Ghost Gallery on my website - PastlivesParanormal&Pagans - www.pastlivesparanormalandpagans.webeden.co.uk...

You will obviously be credited for the picture if you do give permission ... but if you'd rather not that's fine and no harm done.

Woody

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I see the face in the grass. Nice pic. I just want to mention that Ive seen hundreds of ghosts pics and everyone of them is interesting in some degree. But what I really find interesting is the fact that both my husband and I are avid photographers and out of all the thousands of pictures we have snapped we have only had one unexplained anomaly. No pixes, no faces in the grass, no shadows, we did have some orbs but they were rain drops. So what I am trying to say is that maybe the OP got lucky and actually snapped a pic of a ghost. I'm willing to believe it.

new topics

top topics

join