It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Burqa for Lady Liberty and a Mosque for Ground Zero

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It seems the a Muslim group is trying to provoke U.S. citizens?

A Muslim group has announced plans to cover the Statue of Liberty with a burqa and then replace her with a minaret. But there's no reason at all to take such plans seriously. Lady Liberty being treated the way the Muslim world treats women in general, is as unlikely as a massive mosque being built just downwind of Ground Zero. Or Queen Elizabeth donning a hijab on a visit to Abu Dhabi. It's one of those things that we're told not to worry about until it happens and then objecting to it becomes a crime against tolerance. The tolerance of intolerance.

www.rightsidenews.com...

edit on 3-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Lady Liberty has chains on her feet.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You may grope my genitals, tap my phones, read my emails, lie to me constantly, and take my money, but I will be damned if I stand idly by and allow you to put the last nail in the coffin of Western civilization. I am Western, I am white, I believe in Christian culture, I believe in religion, I believe in family, I believe in virtue, I love my country, and while I know all of those things get your blood pumping and veins popping, with the words of “fascist, reactionary, theocrat, and bigot” screaming to come rolling out of your vegan mouth, it is the truth and I am proud to announce it.

These cultural liberals must be demented to believe that destroying Western civilization and building up foreign cultures will not result in them becoming the oppressed, disliked, minority.

Burka my statue of liberty and I will plant a cross on your Masjid al-Haram. Fair is fair, right?

But please do not get me wrong I am not attacking Muslims or even Islam, I am attacking those who wish to subvert our culture whether it be the Sharia fanatics of the Progressive fanatics.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PreownedMind

So she really needs a burkha? The ladies at ATS will be so happy in burkhas! Political correctness makes the sheeple so stoooopid and gullible.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wellall I can say is that I would not surprise me if they did. After all they built a mosque on the temple of the mound. It is well known that Islam has an agenda to turn the world to its beliefs or die.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It get's worse!

If you think putting a burqa on Lady Liberty is bad wait until you read/hear about this.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PreownedMind

Lady Liberty has chains on her feet.

Your sure got that right in more ways than one. Could be our government that put those chains there?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Anybody got a clue or any ideas why the government seems to be lacking in back bone? Or why anyone is allowing the Republic, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights to be watered down, and if nothings done, diluted into nonexistence? Why is this so called only in title president not being stopped from destroying what America stands for? Everything that is happening is so frustrating.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Your post is so eloquently put. I gave you a star.

Still, the psy-ops is to make us accept all the phone tapping and surveillance for our Liberty. Remember what Ben Franklin said.
edit on 4-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Well that's a downright creepy pic. A friend of mine had a jpeg made up for me with the slogan Baillout Lady Liberty, which I had enlarged and transferred to a board. Interestingly, Kinkos accidentally made the poster boards larger than I requested, which was kind of cool, because they were huge.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I am WAY more scared of those who would protect me from this than those who would attempt to do it. There is no way Americans would allow this but they allow those who are "protecting" us from it to strip us of our rights every day

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The Elizabeth donning a hijab reference was a bit over the top, she didn't need to, and hardly did, during her stay. Does anyone think that the Statue of Liberty would actually ever be covered with a burkha? Also, they are not building a mosque on ground zero, seeing it is not a mosque and it is not on ground zero. Not saying that it's not inappropriate to be building a Muslim community centre there at the moment, but still doesn't help when journalists manipulate the facts and use it to reinforce rhetoric.

Why so serious?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

TWHISTLEBLOWER MAGAZINE KNOW THINE ENEMY The Muslim Brotherhood's secret plan to 'destroy Western Civilization from within' Read more: KNOW THINE ENEMY www.wnd.com...

Posted: March 02, 2011 6:13 pm Eastern © 2011 WorldNetDaily "Allah is our objective; the Prophet is our leader; the Quran is our law; Jihad is our way; dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope." Does that sound like the motto of nice, peaceful, non-violent, secular organization? President Obama and his national intelligence director James Clapper think so. But contrary to the perversely rosy assessment of America's top leadership, the Muslim Brotherhood – the shadowy, transnational Islamist parent organization of al-Qaida and Hamas – is committed not only to filling the growing leadership vacuum in the Arab world, but also, through its many proxies within the U.S, to impose the Quran and Shariah law right here in America. If that sounds too fantastic or improbable to take seriously, you will harbor no such doubts after reading the March issue of Whistleblower, "KNOW THINE ENEMY: The Muslim Brotherhood's secret plan to 'destroy Western Civilization from within.'" Read more: KNOW THINE ENEMY www.wnd.com...

www.wnd.com...

Those that doubt, that somethings up with these people, go back to sleep and no one will bother you.
There are two enemies, one that is within and one that is trying to get in.
edit on 4-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The amount of paranoia that runs rampant amongst "patriots" is astonishing. There is no "mosque" on ground zero, and this has been proven repeatedly, and those that think that the MSM isnt putting them on cannot read a map.

Oh, "Lady Liberty" was a gift, not a USA made landmark, its not made in the USA like most things. Maybe of all of these "concerned" citizens decided to stand up for things that are more or less actually effecting the US, this would not be a worry.

BTW what "Lady Liberty" stood for isn't even what the US is about anyway. Reread what it says, and if you still agree that this is what the US is about then complain.

This is just another reason to hate other cultures.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
The amount of paranoia that runs rampant amongst "patriots" is astonishing. There is no "mosque" on ground zero, and this has been proven repeatedly, and those that think that the MSM isnt putting them on cannot read a map.

Oh, "Lady Liberty" was a gift, not a USA made landmark, its not made in the USA like most things. Maybe of all of these "concerned" citizens decided to stand up for things that are more or less actually effecting the US, this would not be a worry.

BTW what "Lady Liberty" stood for isn't even what the US is about anyway. Reread what it says, and if you still agree that this is what the US is about then complain.

This is just another reason to hate other cultures.

Peace, NRE.

It's beyond Lady Liberty, your missing it. Like my last post, go back to sleep, no one will wake you.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I think that your missing the point. No one can take anything away from you unless you or those around you are willing to give it, So either you dont believe in yourself or those around you. Propaganda is a form to agitate the masses. This is a perfect example.

Do you really think this is possible? Are you willing to stand by the point that you think this is an actual US problem. If so, one of 2 things are happening. One your not confident, or you want to instill fear into US citizens that at no other point in time this fear is visible. What part do you play?

I think that you need to rethink your point.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Your right, no one can take anything from you unless you allow it. It sure looks like many aren't paying attention to the political correctness that has been going on. Isn't the constitution being thread on? Isn't the Republic losing ground? People's rights and freedoms are less today. I don't know, I look at some of what's been happening in the U.K. and parts of France, it's like a cancer slowly spreading and know one was really doing anything about it. It's like two enemies one eroding things from the inside, and another just waiting in the wings for it to crumble so they can move in. What do call what's happening on the southern border with Mexico? What's that all about?

If no one is paying attention, it is very possible.

edit on 5-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ah the old propaganda machine is hard at work I see. Even if this volley is more absurd than the usual inflammatory rhetoric meant to scare white middle classed America to its core.

I mean, seriously we have to keep our eyes on those horrid British French Aboriginals Germans Irish Blacks Chinese Italians Polish Fascist Communists Muslims... Yeah. Muslims.

We are at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia....

Without a boogieman how else could Uncle Sam keep us afraid to look in the closet?

~Heff
edit on 3/5/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

AH, propaganda comes in many forms, from the down players to the up players. Now hmmm, who do we believe?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

My yardstick is to believe what I see and experience. Not what I read or hear from any news source that has motive to skew perspectives. Right and left wing websites, especially, are horrible at this. They thrive upon division and separation. They exist to manipulate people.

I exist to avoid being manipulated as much as possible. It's my thing. I take pride in it. And I certainly don't hate anyone because politicians or pundits tell me to.

The truth is that Shariah law will never happen in this country for one simple reason. When it is all said and done our religion, if you will, is self gratification. America is the land of "me" and "me" is way more powerful than any religious belief system. Why die for a God when you can live for your own ego?

Moral ambiguity overpowers narrow mindedness time and time again because, well, because it's fun.

~Heff

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join