It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Burqa for Lady Liberty and a Mosque for Ground Zero

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Gee they are really ramping up the fear factor aren't they.
We all know that Islam doesn't have the numbers in America for any of this to become a reality.
And even then, Christians/Jews and even Atheists would protest about it if it ever even looked like becoming a reality.
Can't believe they are still using Muslims as the boogey man.
Not because I'm a Muslim sympathizer but because I realise how incredibly stupid the whole notion that these people will ever have this much power is.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by hawaii50th

My yardstick is to believe what I see and experience. Not what I read or hear from any news source that has motive to skew perspectives. Right and left wing websites, especially, are horrible at this. They thrive upon division and separation. They exist to manipulate people.

I don't believe much of what the msm reports, but what about the the words that come right from the Imams themselves, or Brzezinski, Rockefeller, Kissinger, Bush Sr., about a new world order? How can you deny these people when it comes straight from the horses mouths?

I exist to avoid being manipulated as much as possible. It's my thing. I take pride in it. And I certainly don't hate anyone because politicians or pundits tell me to.

It shouldn't be about hate, it should be just about defending truth, honor, justice, and freedom that's all which is a lot.

The truth is that Shariah law will never happen in this country for one simple reason. When it is all said and done our religion, if you will, is self gratification. America is the land of "me" and "me" is way more powerful than any religious belief system.

That's the problem, while everyone is concerned with me, me, me is when you get blind sided, you miss what really important because your too caught up with self.

Moral ambiguity overpowers narrow mindedness time and time again because, well, because it's fun.

Moral ambiguity? it it truly were, than nothing should be missed than you'd be looking in both directions and see the trouble coming before you get run over.

edit on 5-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Gee they are really ramping up the fear factor aren't they.
We all know that Islam doesn't have the numbers in America for any of this to become a reality.
And even then, Christians/Jews and even Atheists would protest about it if it ever even looked like becoming a reality.
Can't believe they are still using Muslims as the boogey man.
Not because I'm a Muslim sympathizer but because I realise how incredibly stupid the whole notion that these people will ever have this much power is.

Pearl Harbor never happened right. I think there's too many people in such a comfort level that will fail to see what's coming. History always repeating itself. Or it's just debunkers trying spread a sense of a false don't worry be happy tale.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Here's a slice of Islam

Messages of Imam

To What Do We Invite Humanity

www.ikhwanweb.com...

The Aim is the Foundation and the Work Stems From it Since the aim was what originally impelled us to follow the path, it became necessary that we reclarify and redefine this aim as it had become obscure and confused: I suspect that we have succeeded in doing so, and have come to the conclusion that it is our duty to establish Allah’s sovereignty over the world. To guide all of humanity to the precepts of Islam and its teachings (without which mankind cannot attain happiness).

The Right of Humanity Allah then commanded them to strive to their utmost for His sake, by spreading this message and making it universal amongst man with argument and proof, even if they scorned at it recklessly unjustly and rebelliously, with both the sword and the tongue. And if mankind has oppressed the clear evidence and has been reckless than war is better in this world than peace.

Guarding the Right Through Striving Wise was the man who said: ‘Striving is the surest way of implementing the truth, and how beautiful that striving and truth should march side by side.’ Jihad is the means of spreading the Islamic call and of preserving the sacred principles of Islam. This is another religious duty imposed by Allah on the Muslim, just as He imposed fasting, prayer, pilgrimage, alms, and the doing of good and abandoning of evil. He has imposed Jihad upon them, and entrusted them with it. He did not excuse anyone possessing the strength and ability from performing it, for it is a Qur"anic verse which is imperative a warning, and an exhortation which is binding: ‘March forth, light and heavy, and strive with your wealth and your persons in Allah"s way!’ (Surat-at-Tauba (9), ayah 41) Allah revealed the secret of this entrustment and the wisdom of imposing this on the Muslims, showing them that He selected and distinguished them, above all of mankind, to be the leaders of His creation, His trustees over the Divine Law, and His deputies on His earth, as well as the heirs of His Messenger (PBUH). He made the religion easy for them, perfected His legislation, and made its rules eternal, rendering them applicable to all times and places, so that the world would accept them and humanity would see in them its long awaited and anticipated hope: ‘He has chosen you, and imposed on you no hardship in religion the creed of your father Abraham. He named you Muslims formerly, and in this, so that the Prophet might be a witness against you, and you be witnesses against mankind’ (Surat-al-Hajj (22), ayah 78) This is a social duty which Allah has entrusted on all Muslims, so that they may be as one battalion, a solid block and a strong force, become the army of liberation to rescue humanity and guide them all to the path.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
www.ikhwanweb.com...

Monks by Night and Knights by Day Then Al-Haqq (SWT) showed mankind the connection between the individual responsibility, such as prayer and fasting, with ones responsibility towards the community, showing them that the first was a means to the second, and that the correct belief was the foundation of both of these, so that there could be no way for some people to shirk their individual obligations by arguing that they were carrying out their communal ones, nor could there be any way for others to shirk their communal duty with the argument that they were preoccupied with their ritual obligations totally absorbed in their communion with Allah . How precise and wise is the saying, "Who is fairer in speech than Allah?" O Muslims, worshipping your Lord, striving to make your religion strong, and honouring your Sacred Law, is your duty in this life. For if you perform these as they should be performed, you will be amongst those who are saved; but if you perform only some of them or neglect them altogether, then I quote to you the words of Allah (SWT): ‘Did you then think that We created you in play (without a purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us? Almighty is Allah the King, the Truth!’ (Surat-an-Nur (23), ayahs 115-116) From the descriptions of the Companions of Muhammad (PBUH), since Allah chose them above His creation, and the pious forefathers, occurs the following: ‘Monks by night and knights by day.’ You can just see one of them at night, standing in his oratory, clutching his beard, sincerely murmuring and weeping saying: ‘O world, allure some other than myself!’ And when at the break of dawn and the call to arms rings out, summoning the fighter to jihad, you would seen him, a wolf on the back of his mount, shouting the war cry, which the entire battlefield resounded with. By Allah, what was this amazing connection, that strange combination, that unique mixture between the work and affairs of this life to that of the next? Why, it is nothing but Islam, which combines the best of everything!

An Imperialism of Education and Reform The Muslims have travelled to the furthest countries of the earth with the Qur’an on their chests, their homes on their saddles and their swords in their hands, and with the clear proof on the tips of their tongues, inviting mankind to accept Islam or the paying of jizya, or else face combat. Anyone who accepted Islam became their brother; what was theirs became his too. Anyone who paid the jizya was under their protection and liability, they stood by his rights, observing the pact made with him, and faithfully keeping to the conditions accepted by him. Anyone who remained unyielding was fought by them until God granted them victory: ‘But God will not allow except that His light has been perfect.’ (Surat-at-Tauba (9), ayah 32) They did not do this for political power, their self denial with respect to rank and fame is well known to everyone. Their religion had condemned the superficial apparencies which some people enjoy at the expense of others. Their Caliph was one of them who was neither the most excellent nor the most intelligent of them, being allotted the same amount of property and payment as any other amongst them, their commander was again one of them, not distinguished except by virtue of the outstanding faith and prowess of judgement with which Allah had graced him. Nor was it done for wealth, for every one of them was satisfied with a piece of bread to satisfy his hunger and a drink of water to quench his thirst. Fasting to them was a waterskin, they preferred hunger to satiation. Each one of them possessed just enough clothing to conceal his nakedness. The Book of Allah informed them:

For anyone that would be curious to know, to read for themselves to see what the thoughts of this religion, and of it's leaders, and followers believe, can read for themselves the rest.

www.ikhwanweb.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Not so much a comfort zone but knowing that IF it ever eventuates that it might be more trouble than it's worth to them.

edit on 5-3-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I don't quite see how you're connecting the dots between an NWO and Islam taking over the world? Are you saying that Kissinger, among others are really just shills for Shariah law? IF there is a NWO then anyone with extreme religious views is in bad shape - and this includes most Muslims as well as most Christians.

BTW my assertions about moral ambiguity were not a statement about my own way of life. They were a statement about western culture in general. A "freedom fighter" in the deserts of Afghanistan, who has never even owned a television or had electricity finds zealotry an easy thing because it is the only thing...

Bring him to the land of plenty, give him a plasma TV, access to the Internet and a full belly and pantry? It's much harder for that individual to remain indoctrinated.

On a side note... bandying terms such as "debunker" isn't necessary in civil discourse. It doesn't help ones argument at all and can only serve to undermine ones own position.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

Not so much a comfort zone but knowing that IF it ever eventuates that it might be more trouble than it's worth to them.

edit on 5-3-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

Don't you get it? It is worth their trouble, it's what they believe in. All you got to do is read what their saying. You don't need the politicians or the msm to tell you, their telling us themselves. I know someone very close to me and I wish I had gone with him to a place where he heard it for himself with his own two ears. I was pissed off at myself for not being there.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I don't quite see how you're connecting the dots between an NWO and Islam taking over the world? Are you saying that Kissinger, among others are really just shills for Shariah law? IF there is a NWO then anyone with extreme religious views is in bad shape - and this includes most Muslims as well as most Christians.

BTW my assertions about moral ambiguity were not a statement about my own way of life. They were a statement about western culture in general. A "freedom fighter" in the deserts of Afghanistan, who has never even owned a television or had electricity finds zealotry an easy thing because it is the only thing...

Bring him to the land of plenty, give him a plasma TV, access to the Internet and a full belly and pantry? It's much harder for that individual to remain indoctrinated.

On a side note... bandying terms such as "debunker" isn't necessary in civil discourse. It doesn't help ones argument at all and can only serve to undermine ones own position.

~Heff

See the thing is, never let a good crisis go to waist. You can kill two birds with one stone. Allow the threat to achieve the main goal.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I think that some of those who come on ATS and deny or try to debunk subjects as these that are being discussed here have an agenda to cause doubt amongst the people to keep one mind from forming and from uniting.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This is it, we are at the end of the road, please watch!
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=670191

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I feel a tinge of shame, realizing that some fellow ATS posters actually believe this, and that some are actually claiming it is something to be very concerned about.

I never thought I'd say this... but I think you all need to go back to your basements. I'm at the point where I can't stand ignorant conservatives (I don't like either side of the paradigm, however). It used to be that I disliked the other spectrum more, but at least the left doesn't pride itself on being mentally handicapped.
edit on 5-3-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
I feel a tinge of shame, realizing that some fellow ATS posters actually believe this, and that some are actually claiming it is something to be very concerned about.

I never thought I'd say this... but I think you all need to go back to your basements. I'm at the point where I can't stand ignorant conservatives (I don't like either side of the paradigm, however). It used to be that I disliked the other spectrum more, but at least the left doesn't pride itself on being mentally handicapped.
edit on 5-3-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

If you don't like it, than just go back to sleep and don't worry about it. You won't feel a thing if your asleep, it will be painless.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Adding a Burqa would be bad thing, it might even endanger the statue as its very old. I do resent the inclusion of "Mosque at Ground Zero" in the title of the article though as there is no such thing. There is supposed to be an Islamic Center that does have a mosque within it about two blocks from ground zero. There are other mosques in that area as well. The author of the articles goes on a rambly diatribe then attempts to drill some good old fashioned fear into us with this gem:

This is how craven we have become in the face of enemies armed only with box cutters, IED's and the occasional RPG. But the days of the suicide bomb are passing, and the day of the suicide nuke is coming.

A suicide nuke is coming? As in inevitably? Are you kidding me? We survived the whole of the cold war without needing nukes but now that we're in the war on terror its inevitable?

He then predictably violates Godwin's law by comparing us not depriving Muslims of their freedom of religion to us not stopping Hitler before the war began.

There was a time when Hitler and Lenin could have been squashed like bugs, until a few years later when it would take half the armies of the world to stop their ambitions.

The Islamists could have been stopped yesterday. They can still be stopped today. But tomorrow the cost will be much higher, if it will even be possible at all.

My question is why isn't this guy preaching against Christianity? Christianity already runs the world, why isn't this guy crying foul about Christian churches on every street corner and people attempting to pollute the world with crosses or complaining about putting up the ten commandments at court houses when our laws have no basis with them? It seems to me the real threat is the religion that's already in power, given that every President must cater to Christians and must be a Christian himself if he wants any real chance to be elected (even then he can still be accused of being Muslim, if he's dark enough). Sure Islam is bad in many ways, all religions are, but attacking just the Muslims makes him look like a bigot even if he isn't one.

I'm sorry. I can't agree with any attempt to give Lady Liberty a burqua but I also can't agree with much of anything else in that article.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
This is the first time I have been on ATS in months. I had to give myself
a break from the insanity that this place was becoming. I come back
and the first thing I see is a thread that could have been written by
Glen Beck himself.

Seriously; what were you ranting about? The Statue of Liberty will
never be altered so why even cover that except to get people amped
up.

The mosque issue has died down and is completely lacking in money.
I will be protesting right beside you if the government funds them
in anyway. Not because President Obama is a secret muslim or
because he was not born in America, but because it would violate
my understanding of the Seperation of Religion and Governance.

Instead of inciting anger over crap why don't you ask questions
that matter.

Did you know that oil companies still get tax breaks even after
making almost $1 trillion in profit the last 2-3 years. On top of that
every Republican in the House voted to let them continue
recieving tax breaks. I guess they do not think we have a problem
with our economy and it's ties to the price of gas.

Seems more important too me thanan imaginary, capricious sadist
in the sky.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Some of the stuff I see posted here these days, and this thread is a perfect example, is laughable in the extreme.
The people running the websites promoting such views are doing so with just one aim, and that is to keep the people divided and focused on something other than what is really happening around them.
As the sheep who follow such nonsense and the talking heads on tv get quietly outraged by the constant BS, those promoting it quietly go aout their business of theft, murder and enslavement of the masses.

The whole left / right, conservative / liberal thing is a manufactured situation designed to keep the masses arguing amongst themselves. Those running the world know that if the people stopped for a minute and united, their reign would come to a swift end.

Take a long hard look at the situation today. Is it Sharia law that has created financial bubbles that (by design) burst and, whilst bankrupting many, enrich those at the top? Is it Sharia law that has created all the wars of the last 100 years? Is it Sharia law that runs the drug trade, arms running, land / resource theft and murder? The simple answer is NO! Wake up people and stop all this left right nonsense, because when you stop and look at it, you'll see that both sides of the political leadership are in the pockets of the same banksters and corporations, and answer to the same God..... that being money and power!

Just because someone wears a turban ans makes scary anti-west rants on a video or audio tape doesn't mean they either believe what they are saying or intend to carry out any threats they may make. Again, these are manufactured to push an agenda. So many of the scary Jihadists and crazy muslim clerics waved at us so far trace back to western intel agencies, it's all part of a big game to give the sheep something to be scared of. Problem - Reaction - Solution, and people like the originator of this thread either fall for it every time or are part of the problem source.

Wake up, question everything and don't follow the sheep. Don't believe what they tell you, question it, look for actual proof beyond the talking points to back up what they say, and you just might find it's all a mirage.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Adding a Burqa would be bad thing, it might even endanger the statue as its very old. I do resent the inclusion of "Mosque at Ground Zero" in the title of the article though as there is no such thing. There is supposed to be an Islamic Center that does have a mosque within it about two blocks from ground zero. There are other mosques in that area as well. The author of the articles goes on a rambly diatribe then attempts to drill some good old fashioned fear into us with this gem:

It's not a literal meaning here, the statement is meant to warn people that an extreme change could occur to the lifestyle in the America.

A suicide nuke is coming? As in inevitably? Are you kidding me? We survived the whole of the cold war without needing nukes but now that we're in the war on terror its inevitable?

Yes, isn't it such a comfortable zone to be in, the cold war came and went and everybody is still hear, way of life and everything.
The difference was though, who each side was dealing with. Neither side was religious fanatics that believed in the Twelfth Imam and that to have him return the apocalypse need to be started.

He then predictably violates Godwin's law by comparing us not depriving Muslims of their freedom of religion to us not stopping Hitler before the war began.

Well in this one your damned if you do and your damned if you don't.

There was a time when Hitler and Lenin could have been squashed like bugs, until a few years later when it would take half the armies of the world to stop their ambitions.

And why did they have to wait till millions had to die, before they they did anything, because war is profitable.
I use to think that man does not learn from history, I still do to a point, but when it comes to war, it's about accumulating wealth.
It's the common people that wait till something happens before acting.

The Islamists could have been stopped yesterday. They can still be stopped today. But tomorrow the cost will be much higher, if it will even be possible at all.

My question is why isn't this guy preaching against Christianity? Christianity already runs the world, why isn't this guy crying foul about Christian churches on every street corner and people attempting to pollute the world with crosses or complaining about putting up the ten commandments at court houses when our laws have no basis with them? It seems to me the real threat is the religion that's already in power, given that every President must cater to Christians and must be a Christian himself if he wants any real chance to be elected (even then he can still be accused of being Muslim, if he's dark enough). Sure Islam is bad in many ways, all religions are, but attacking just the Muslims makes him look like a bigot even if he isn't one.

Everyone one wants to lay blame on Christianity, when it is men and women at fault. Christianity is the all evil, but no one looks at the ones behind it. The principles of Christianity are perfect, it's the men and women that are the leaders who screw it up.
The teachings and principles in Christianity is based on love and love your neighbor and put no other gods before the one and only true God, and the number one part that Jesus Christ is the only way to God the Father.
Islam is the opposite and flip side to Christianity, an eye for an eye, through violence.

So don't write off and blame Christianity itself, blame those if you must judge, that are in charge and use the name of God for their own purposes. God one day will deal with those who misuse Christianity.

I'm sorry. I can't agree with any attempt to give Lady Liberty a burqua but I also can't agree with much of anything else in that article.

The title is a metaphor, for what may lie ahead. I hope this guy is wrong. But there is a lot of evidence around to see that there is a threat. And it's coming from those that believe in Islam, you don't need any politician or msm to tell you that.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I see folks real disappointed when they come on here and see Christian or Islamic issues being discussed. They want so badly to have only new age fairy tales on here. Well maybe we are at a point in time that we have finally reached near the end of life as we know it. The final warnings to the people are coming through many sources, this being one of them. For those that want to hear and listen, let them, and for those that refuse to really wake up and open their eyes from their slumber, let them lay and stay asleep, after all it may not be as painful at first.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The difference was though, who each side was dealing with. Neither side was religious fanatics that believed in the Twelfth Imam and that to have him return the apocalypse need to be started.

Personally I would feel much more endangered by the powerful Soviets than by a bunch of cave dwellers who plan on blowing themselves up. Plus we don't know that any terrorists anywhere even possess a nuke, we knew full well the Russians had them the whole time. The situation we are in now isn't nearly as dangerous. Even if a terrorist does get a nuke it will be a one-off situation, whereas in the Cold War the entire world was on the brink of destroying itself.

The principles of Christianity are perfect, it's the men and women that are the leaders who screw it up.

Have you never read the Bible? The principles of Christianity are far from perfect. I agree that the leaders of the Church, the power hungry who corrupted the religion, only make it worse. Christianity would likely be just a non-violent cult, rather than the massive power structure it is today if the Romans had left well enough alone. My point in bringing it up is that Christianity is already in power and the article is attacking an underdog religion while seeming entirely unconcerned that there is already a power hungry religion controlling the world. Before we think about facing the threat of Islam perhaps we should remove the tendrils of Christianity that already bind us. The Bible is filled with immorality and horrible moral teachings (such as stoning rebellious children and keeping slaves) and only over time has the religion adapted and become more docile. The same could be happening to Islam.

God one day will deal with those who misuse Christianity.

This is one of the problems in our world, people leaving things in the hands of a supernatural being for which their is no evidence. How about we do something ourselves instead of waiting on Messiah's who never show up?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wake up and smell your own propaganda. You are playing right into the MSM machine/agenda, indocrtrinated to be a pawn.

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join