It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver Manipulation By JP Morgan And U.S. Fed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

In the past six months, the value of the precious metal has increased nearly 80 percent, to more than $34 an ounce from around $19 an ounce. In the last month alone, its price has increased nearly 23 percent. This kind of price action in the silver market is reminiscent of the fortune-busting, roller-coaster ride enjoyed by the Hunt Brothers, Nelson Bunker and William Herbert, back in 1970s and early 1980s when they tried unsuccessfully to corner the market. When the Hunts started buying silver in 1973, the price of the metal was $1.95 an ounce. By early 1980, the brothers had driven the price up to $54 an ounce before the Federal Reserve intervened, changed the rules on speculative silver investments and the price plunged. The brothers later declared bankruptcy.

The Hunts may be gone from the market, but there are still plenty of people suspicious about the trading in silver, and now they have the Web to explore and to expand their conspiracy narratives. This time around — according to bloggers and commenters on sites with names like Silverseek, 321Gold and Seeking Alpha — silver shot up in price after a whistleblower exposed an alleged conspiracy to keep the price artificially low despite the inflationary pressure of the Fed’s cheap money policy. (Some even suspect that the Fed itself was behind the effort to keep silver prices low, as a way to keep the dollar’s value artificially high.) Trying to unravel the mysterious rise in silver’s price is a conspiracy theorist’s dream, replete with powerful bankers, informants, suspicious car accidents and a now a squeeze on short sellers. Most intriguingly, however, much of the speculation seems highly plausible.

Click here to read article

Lamen's terms:

If this happens, and the people demand their physical silver that doesn't exist, we will see hyper inflation that will make the 2008 crash look like a cake walk in comparison.

edit on 3-3-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Ive thought about this for some time as well.. However I was looking at it from the angle that the US may have a massive surplus of silver, more so than we do gold. Since the Gold Market is what it is, and long term does not help the US out of its fiscal mess because of the amount of gold the government has, maybe silver is the answer.

Run up the price of silver while everyone else is worried about Gold, and cash out.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Intresting....

Source

12/04/2010

Since Zero Hedge posted (unsolicited and uncompensated) the "Crash The JP Morgue" now-viral video late last night , it appears that among the tens of thousands of viewers who have subsequently gone to the goldsilvergold.com website, there have been quite a few conversions. So much so that as of today, the company is not taking any orders and is sold out of all products. The company goes on to say that it will not be accepting any new orders until December 6. We can only hope that the profits JPM will make in its copper market manipulation will be sufficient to offset the ever increasing pain it will experience courtesy of what is gearing up to be a massive margin call.

It appears there might be some alterior motive for this video...

Tinfoil at APMEX?

Gold-Silver US Forum
Gold-Silver.US Home Page

CRASH JP Morgan Buy Silver

Gold-Silver.US is the premier gold, silver, palladium, and platinum forum on the internet. Discuss precious metals, bullion, coins, panning, refining, news, financial issues, money, etc.

Gold Silver US Forum > General Topics > General Discussion > Tinfoil at APMEX?

edit on 3-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
God bless conspiracy theorists!

Thankfully someone is keeping an eye on these criminals. I have been wondering about this since I was keeping an eye on the rising prices of gold. Now it seems they've moved over to silver. Probably gold never payed out as much as they hoped.

Hopefully someone will intervene before we find ourselves in another economic crisis.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have been watching the price of silver for 2 years now daily at the first sign of the dollar rise when silver was @ 12$ and ounce.

I told everyone I knew to buy it up after I watched it go up to almost 23$ an ounce that year. then back down to 14 in the winter I told everyone to buy they thought i was nuts told me about the silver and gold scams back in the day...

now I get calls saying what silver were you saying to buy
too little too late I'm afraid.

do i think the price was and has been manipulated for a long time YES, I also know all lies come to and end and you Always end up paying the price. the $$ lie is ending, the price paid for their lie is the value of their dollar oil and food. so pretty much everything is going to start rising in price...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Good post virt! I made a post for this but I wont link it.

Here is a video on the feds definition of a dollar.

Ron makes some good points in regard to the dollars weakness comparing it to gold.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Ive thought about this for some time as well.. However I was looking at it from the angle that the US may have a massive surplus of silver, more so than we do gold. Since the Gold Market is what it is, and long term does not help the US out of its fiscal mess because of the amount of gold the government has, maybe silver is the answer.

Run up the price of silver while everyone else is worried about Gold, and cash out.

Excellent points here. Yes get them looking the other way and this is what's happened. Silver's incredible rise has almost gone unnoticed.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
God bless conspiracy theorists!

Thankfully someone is keeping an eye on these criminals. I have been wondering about this since I was keeping an eye on the rising prices of gold. Now it seems they've moved over to silver. Probably gold never payed out as much as they hoped.

Hopefully someone will intervene before we find ourselves in another economic crisis.

Well put! There has to be lots and lots of insider trading going on.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
In sympathy with Crakeurs' new thread titled SEC Aiding and Abetting...., I wanted to post this email conversation that appeared today on a stock forum I contribute to. I typically adhere to local posting guidelines as they apply to large quotes and exterior source material, but because I feel this communication may be of substantial interest to the growing ranks of ATS Silver investors, I post it here in it's entirety w/link.

We continue to wait on findings of the CFTC investigation into Silver manipulation, now entering it's 4th year ???

Several years ago the CFTC transferred it's regulatory responsibility with respect to position limit oversight to the CME (commodities exchange). Clearly this policy has failed. When the fox is left guarding the hen house...what can we expect ? And as with SEC employees, CFTC staffers often enjoy incestuous employment relationships with the private sector corporations they're taxed with regulating.

From caseyc at the Agoracom ECU board to CFTC commissioner Bart Chilton....

First my rant:

Commissioners;

Aren’t you tired of looking to the educated and knowledgeable world like impotent helpless bought officials? You know, at some point this charade of a “legitimate” futures markets will be exposed for what it is, and all of you and the CFTC will be shown to be just what you are, bootlickers of the banks. Doesn’t anyone have the courage to break this and be shown by history as a good person who saw the light and lifted the veil off of the corruption? You know, when the world finally sees this and demands punishment, I doubt you will be able to find jobs in this sector.

Someone. I’m searching for one honest person.

xxx
Citizen and Taxpayer of the USA.

Response:

You can’t possibly expect a reply to such an email. Against my better judgment, xxx, I will, however, respond...

Like you, I remain concerned about financial markets and how they have morphed. Massive passive traders (see my speeches if you’d like more on these) and the high frequency traders (those I call cheetahs, due to their speed) have at times moved markets in ways that I think nobody anticipated. Still, some disagree that they may have an impact. That is why, since 2008, I have supported the improvisation of mandatory position limits. They are the law of the land now and I am hopeful that my colleagues will agree that we need to implement them soon. In this regard, I am hopeful that we will approve such a position limit rule within the next 6-8 weeks. That doesn’t mean it will actually be implemented as you and I would like (it may not be effective for another few months). However, the passage of a position limit rule is a key step to actually having such limits implemented soon.

With regard to the cheetahs, I think they need to be tested, registered and potentially limited. On May 1st, as you know, the price of silver dropped 12% in 13 minutes on a Sunday evening in electronic trading. That certainly seems suspect. By the way, on June 7th in the evening, the price of natural gas dropped 7% in – get this – 14 seconds. Seconds! I mentioned to a reporter the other day that I think the cheetah trading is parasitical. I’m not sure of the value to the markets of such trading. I think when there is sparse liquidity (like on those two dates) that a cheetah or just a few other traders may be able to move markets significantly. I will continue to work on how to best handle this circumstance. The new financial reform law (Dodd Frank) does not require the agency to regulate the cheetahs, but here is an example where I believe the regulator needs to be proactive and do something positive.

Finally, I wanted to let you know that I while I am disappointed in the pace of our silver investigation (as I said last October in a public statement), that it is still ongoing. I meet on silver regularly. A day does not pass when I don’t have a conversation about silver. If the agency does not say something publically by the third week of September, I will do so (yet again).That may not be an comfort to you, which is understandable, but I am doing what I can as one of five commissioners at the CFTC.

I did want to included the graph below showing the price of gold and silver. I thought you might be interested. Furthermore, this week’s Commitment of Traders data was just released – as of Tuesday, August 9, the four largest longs in COMEX silver (all futures and options combined) accounted for 16.1% of open interest, with the four largest shorts accounting for 30.4% of open interest. This data covers both commercial and non-commercial traders together. No longer do we see one trader with a huge concentrated short, although it does go over 10% of the open interest at times….why we need limits.

B

BTW, I’m not interested in using my position to get another job in the private sector. - Link

edit on 17-8-2011 by OBE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
those bears are great, there are many more parts for people interested.

The physical silver supply situation will soon bring the massive ponzi crashing down they can lower the price all they like, the inevitable is only being put off.

The algorithms used on a daily basis to control the price are well detailed here:

www.mineweb.com...

new topics

top topics

join