It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think NASA lies to us?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Umm, I'm probably gonna regret this later, but I just wanna get into some people's heads and try to understand why are they so convinced that NASA and other government-paid space organisations are giving us false information.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think they were told not to tell by the higher ups who many dont even know come here..
edit on 3/3/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Maybe the conspiracy is that they aren't lying to us. Not a popular theory but hey, you never know.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Its called reverse Pinnochio syndrome.
If they told the truth their noses would grow.

I am not really sure just how much they lie...I just thought it made for a good joke.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Because to think otherwise would be preposterous

Have you ever heard of any organization or government that's been 100% truthful?

edit on 3-3-2011 by uncuuncu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

NASA doesn't "have to" tell us anything legally. They are a national agency and are under no obligation to release anything, especially national security type info, to the public at large. There is no conspiracy if there is no mandate to relinquish all information. They do share very nice smudges and photoshop images with us though, very nice of them.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Its not that they are giving us false information its that they are omitting some information. I saw a video on here that said that there were 22,000 man made objects in space at this time. You know it would be nice if NASA would let the people(who pay for this) know what they are studying or doing. Some progress maybe?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
because the extradimensional beings control them obviously

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Can anybody post any evidence as to NASA lying? And no, just saying Apollo doesn't count.
The only thing I can think of is that recent photo of some planet they released that had evidence of Photoshopping after the contrast was increased. Which probably was just done so the image looked better for us to view.

I'm sure the experts here can come up with more examples, but I really haven't heard of any stone cold evidence of lying.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by amcdermott20

I really like clear headed thinkers...The world needs more people like this

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amcdermott20

There are dozens of examples of this. Just google nasa photoshop and you'll find a bunch. Look for pictures with random blurs in the middle of them or missing elements. There are TONS.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well they ARE another three letter agency, that's one thing. Another would be NASA wanting to keep some material sensitive indefinitely. Some reasons for them doing this is to prevent mass hysteria across the globe. They know things every human being has the right to know IMHO.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
.To your question..yes. An astronaut friend that I have known all my life said this. " Don't believe everything that NASA and the Government tells you."" Sorry..but that is all he would say. and probably thought he had said too much then. I guess he did because I'm telling it.
Can't give you his name, but he is not one of the famous ones and probably none of you would know him. His family would not appreciate me telling that with a name attached to it or the publicity. Sorry... I would like to, because then what I said would be credible.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I bet they do it because we can't handle the truth.

That and they probably have a lot of fun doing it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by amcdermott20
Can anybody post any evidence as to NASA lying? And no, just saying Apollo doesn't count.
The only thing I can think of is that recent photo of some planet they released that had evidence of Photoshopping after the contrast was increased. Which probably was just done so the image looked better for us to view.

And even with that one, there were these two quite important facts to take into consideration:
a) it was clearly labeled as a post-processed color composite
b) the one who created the composite doesn't even work for NASA

I've yet to see any proof of NASA deliberately trying to hide something or mess up pictures.
edit on 3-3-2011 by MacAnkka because: link fail

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't think they are hiding much in the first place, they might be hesitant about commenting on certain things, but that is not really a grand conspiracy to conceal the truth. But they do have to go through the military before releasing certain information, so they can give the green light or tell them to be quiet... it is illegal for them not to do so.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think you're going to have a hard time getting people to do the research for you. We don't call them "Never A Straight Answer" without a reason.

Besides, NASA doesn't lie. They deny.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Klassified because: Bad grammar!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The thing that bothers me most about all of the NASA hate is that people seem to assume every astronomer works for NASA. Take the recent Tyche announcement. This is a hypothesis by two university scientists and yet every time it gets brought up people keep saying how NASA said this, or NASA said that. There is a lot more to the astronomical community than just NASA, yet people think that anything regarding space is a lie in some way because NASA is involved in researching space.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

try this one first:
en.wikipedia.org...

"To circumvent President Truman’s anti-Nazi order, and the Allied Potsdam and Yalta agreements, the JIOA worked independently to create false employment and political biographies for the scientists. The JIOA also expunged from the public record the scientists' Nazi Party memberships and régime affiliations. Once “bleached” of their Nazism, the US Government granted the scientists security clearance to work in the United States. Paperclip, the project’s operational name, derived from the paperclips used to attach the scientists’ new political personae to their “US Government Scientist” JIOA personnel files.[3]
As we all know, Von Braun was considered the father/founder whatever, of the US space program, which is NASA....
and if you go deeper with von brauns CV's , try looking up "pennemunde"....
they tell us "lies", white lies maybe, coz they started on lies...

edit on 3-3-2011 by alphaMegas because: add info

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Its not that they are giving us false information its that they are omitting some information. I saw a video on here that said that there were 22,000 man made objects in space at this time. You know it would be nice if NASA would let the people(who pay for this) know what they are studying or doing. Some progress maybe?

If you're genuinely interested, you could start here:
UCS Satellite Database

<<   2  3 >>

join