It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think NASA lies to us?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by amcdermott20
Can anybody post any evidence as to NASA lying? And no, just saying Apollo doesn't count.

Roswell-it was a swamp gas weather anomaly weather balloon.... Should be good enough for any..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Roswell-it was a swamp gas weather anomaly weather balloon.... Should be good enough for any..

Anyone who doesn't realize that NASA didn't even exist then. That was the Air Force!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I thought that is who NASA was back then or still is. But I get ya the NAME

edit on 3/3/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

NASA has nothing to do with UFO investigations. Project Sign/Grudge/Blue Book were all done by the Air Force. As for the swamp gas explanation, I wonder how many people realize that this comes from an explanation given by arguably the greatest and most respected UFOlogist of all-time, J. Allen Hynek.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The predecessor to NASA was the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. It was founded in 1915 and lasted until 1958 when NASA was brought into existence. Even then Project Blue Book remained an air force operation for 12 years after the creation of NASA until the project was finally terminated.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by amcdermott20
Can anybody post any evidence as to NASA lying? And no, just saying Apollo doesn't count.
The only thing I can think of is that recent photo of some planet they released that had evidence of Photoshopping after the contrast was increased. Which probably was just done so the image looked better for us to view.

I'm sure the experts here can come up with more examples, but I really haven't heard of any stone cold evidence of lying.

Global warming controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaThe White House emphasis on adaptation was not well received however: ... In June 2008, a report by NASA's Office of the Inspector General concluded ... censored and suppressed scientific data on global warming in order to protect the ... reports about global warming have been systematically changed and suppressed. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_

A report was changed by orders from the White House, this is just one example of them not only lying to us but changing reports.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
John Lear had the proof. You can see some of his pre - photoshopped pictures.

Garry Mckinnlon [sp] hacked into their computers revealing they had no extra security protection, some of the things he found were pretty wild, one of them being before and after photo shop folders.

People will always tell you that anything is BS, especially here, this is a debunking website. But they dealt with John Lear so he was obviously saying something right. Notice how most people near his positions refuse to talk about 911. [?]

This stuffs for real

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Umm, I'm probably gonna regret this later, but I just wanna get into some people's .s and try to understand why are they so convinced that NASA and other government-paid space organisations are giving us false information.

en.wikipedia.org...
and here's some more :
en.wikipedia.org...:Kennedy_vonbraun_19may63_02.jpg

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
NASA was not the U.S. Air Force, in fact the first NASA manned rocket the Mercury Atlas program were U.S. Army platforms.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

edit on 3-3-2011 by P-M-H because: lol i posted in wrong thread

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
NASA was not the U.S. Air Force, in fact the first NASA manned rocket the Mercury Atlas program were U.S. Army platforms.

Even more data thanks

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas

Umm, I'm probably gonna regret this later, but I just wanna get into some people's .s and try to understand why are they so convinced that NASA and other government-paid space organisations are giving us false information.

en.wikipedia.org...
and here's some more :

I don't get the point of your link. That's the wiki page for Wernher Von Braun. What specifically does this have to do with NASA giving false info?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Global warming controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The White House emphasis on adaptation was not well received however: ... In June 2008, a report by NASA's Office of the Inspector General concluded ... censored and suppressed scientific data on global warming in order to protect the ... reports about global warming have been systematically changed and suppressed.

The link you gave for this is wrong. Here is the correct link

I remember this incident. Here is a link to the original news article in which the liars were exposed. It is the same article quoted in Wikipedia. According to the article (and to Wikipedia), the lying was done by shills appointed to NASA by the Bush administration. They were going against NASA policy, and NASA top management was not involved. This is not a case of NASA lying; it is a case of the Bush administration subverting and using NASA as a cover to give legitimacy to its own lies.

Here's a quote from the original article:

Nasa's top management was not part of the censorship, nor were career officials within the department, the report noted. The problem centred on two names who have subsequently left Nasa – one of whom, the agency's former press secretary Dean Acosta, now works for the aeronautical giant Boeing.

"Climate change scientists and the majority of career Public Affairs Officers strongly believe that the alleged actions taken by senior Nasa .quarters public affairs officials intended to systematically portray Nasa in a light most favourable to administration policies at the expense of reporting unfiltered research results," the report concludes.

I think that's clear enough for sensible folk, though people whose own belief systems are based on the assumption that NASA lies to the public are not going to change their minds whatever the evidence.

reply to post by alphaMegas

Operation Paperclip took place before NASA was formed. If you have any specific evidence of NASA lying about von Braun's past, post it here. Remember that NASA itself may well have been kept in the dark about von Braun's membership in the Nazi party. As for him working for the Nazis, designing the V-2 rocket and all the rest of it, these things have always been out in the open. I remember reading about them at the time of the Apollo programme.

Still no evidence that NASA has – as a matter of official policy – lied to anybody.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They lie because they are evil, evil people.

NASA TV = SATAN V

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Thank you for the link correctionk, I realize in this case it wasn't NASA at fault, that doesn't mean there hasn't been problems with them regarding the truth on other matters.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by alphaMegas

en.wikipedia.org...
and here's some more :

I don't get the point of your link. That's the wiki page for Wernher Von Braun. What specifically does this have to do with NASA giving false info?

Von Braun was the human face of NASA...in the 60's you when you mention Nasa, Von Braun is the person that comes to mind next to the astronauts.
Had he lived a little longer, he would have been a subject of an FBI investigation on his real role in "pennemunde"...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by alphaMegas

Had he lived a little longer, he would have been a subject of an FBI investigation on his real role in "pennemunde"...

I don't think so. His role was well known to the US authorities, and much of it was in fact public knowledge.

Here is a NASA biography of von Braun published on the Web. As you can read for yourself, it contains a full description of von Braun's links with German rocketry and with the Nazis. It also contains a link to another NASA page that mentions that von Braun was an SS officer and was aware that slave labour was used to construct the V-2 rocket silos and other facilities at Peenemünde.

Nothing hidden as far as I can see.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
[quoteHere is a NASA biography of von Braun published on the Web. As you can read for yourself, it contains a full description of von Braun's links with German rocketry and with the Nazis. It also contains a link to another NASA page that mentions that von Braun was an SS officer and was aware that slave labour was used to construct the V-2 rocket silos and other facilities at Peenemünde.

Nothing hidden as far as I can see.

That's exactly the point amigo...
who in their right mind would take off with a spin showcasing their hero as an " Ardent" Nazi?

and regarding the slave labour, not only that he was aware of it, he "requested" for them to his benefactors to do his dirty job...
meaning his rocket research...
edit on 4-3-2011 by alphaMegas because: add info

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I am disappointed in the response to this thread. I. too, am curious why people think that NASA lies, yet despite the constant NASA bashing on this BBS, hardly anyone has stepped forth to justify their opinion. I'll give it a day or two to acquire more data before formulating an opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Ther problem here is that some people assume an unproven fact to be true, but that "fact" may not necessarily be supported by NASA -- so NASA must be lying...

...For example, many people believe that it is a fact that life exists on Mars. They say that since NASA has sent probes there, they must have found proof of this life. However, since NASA does not say that life necessarily exists on Mars, then they must be lying.

I'm not saying that I don't think it is possible that Mars has life -- and neither is NASA. It's just that no indisputable evidence of life on Mars has yet been found. NASA has released all the data from the Viking landers that some say shows evidence that organic compounds may have existed, but were destroyed by perclorates upon heating. But the point is that NASA's Mars data is out there for any scientist to study and interpret. NASA does not hold the monopoly on being able to interpret this data.

Another more radical example are people who believe that it is a FACT that there are alien cities on the far side of the Moon, and since NASA has sent probes to the far side, and since they never disclosed the existence of those cities, NASA must be lying.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join