It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think NASA lies to us?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Umm, I'm probably gonna regret this later, but I just wanna get into some people's heads and try to understand why are they so convinced that NASA and other government-paid space organisations are giving us false information.

Don't regret asking. Despite the forum, people sometimes never simply speak about their opinion; they need prompting; and yours is as good as any.

I do have a theory on some aspect of this that may at least contribute to the notion that NASA lies to the public.

NASA was always, as it is now, a subordinate organization to the Department of Defense. So inquiries into their activities and technology often resulted in denials based on security classification. Considering the strong 'marketing' by the politicians to fund NASA with our tax money, many Americans expected it to be less secretive, and add to that the 'trade secrets' of the contractors who developed and refined technologies and programs for NASA being equally shielded from inquiry, a lot of tax-payers wanted to see some kind of explanation for the billions they spent on projects that went nowhere, and research that had dubiously vague purposes. Remember these are the same folks who found themselves reporting to congress that they were paying $400 for a hammer and $1500 for a toilet seat. It didn't sit well with the public.

But by then the military industrial complex was well-entrenched within the halls of NASA, and the money did flow ultimately into their coffers....

That kind of perceived history makes one question the administration of the agency...

As for the UFO angle... well, the Brookings Institute was commissioned and paid to advise the government to never reveal the existence of an extraterrestrial intelligence.... and thus far ... we don't know if they have hidden it, or there was none to report.. because the policy to lie to the public was embraced completely, so distrust seems a natural response to those policies.

There was a time when we could see the live feed from the astronaut's missions in space.... but then they decided to scramble them and make it illegal to intercept them.... sounds to me like they ARE hiding something.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies so far. I understand that a government organisation like NASA will want to keep certain things undisclosed. What I meant in my original post is the notion that anouncements concerning science, such as new discoveries, launches, etc are automatically dismissed by some people as lies. Some people claim NASA has pictures of the real colour of the Moon, and won't show them to the public. Some say we can't trust a single photograph NASA ever made... you get the idea.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Because if people new the truth the gov't would lose control of the people. If they tell us their are beings from other galaxies people would lose faith in who GOD really is. This is the reason why the truth about Jesus will never be revealed. I am a believer in Jesus but he could not heal, walk on water, resurrect, etc. But it's portrayed this way to keep order in the people...no matter which GOD you worship. If people don't believe in a GOD then they will know there is no heavan and hell. Chaos will ensue. Unless Jesus was not of human origin? Who knows.
edit on 4-3-2011 by pacofunk64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have never believed NASA is hiding anything from us. Three has never been any undeniable evidence.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If you've not seen this thread. It might be worthwhile to check it out. No. It's not directly about NASA. But it may help indirectly as to why there is so much distrust of ALL alphabet agencies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
While doing some research on the United States Geological Survey site, I was struck by something, and would like to propose a corollary to the OP's question: why do people think that NASA lies, but don't have the same problem with the USGS?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
While doing some research on the United States Geological Survey site, I was struck by something, and would like to propose a corollary to the OP's question: why do people think that NASA lies, but don't have the same problem with the USGS?

Man, you don't read the threads around here on Yellowstone or Long Valley Caldera, do you.

Every gov't agency lies, in the interests of (insert appropriate words here, such as national security, or real estate values).

They all have classified data (especially USGS, especially in planetary sciences).

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

In other words Intellectual Property is highly guarded with government issued security clearances, even if you have one with a private contractor working on or with NASA on a particular technology or research project. It's near impossible for a member of a team working on a particular technology to go out rogue solo with any of the information without serious legal repercussions because you signed the papers to be on that team. Sometimes even mentioning the project is enough of a violation.

It's not just a government thing, corporate espionage can have just as strict or even stricter security of R&D operations. I remember in 1989 the security where I work entered a new phase of security enforcement, because when the Wall came down we couldn't be sure who the enemy was anymore, it was raised another bar after 9/11 exponentially also.

You don't just fill out a long form and have an interview or two to get such clearances, the process can take years of being followed around as well as medical and psychological tests. Point is they know who you are and where you are and are going, your life isn't entirely free anymore, you might not be permitted to vacation in particular parts of the world for the rest of your life.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacofunk64
Because if people new the truth the gov't would lose control of the people. If they tell us their are beings from other galaxies people would lose faith in who GOD really is. This is the reason why the truth about Jesus will never be revealed. I am a believer in Jesus but he could not heal, walk on water, resurrect, etc. But it's portrayed this way to keep order in the people...no matter which GOD you worship. If people don't believe in a GOD then they will know there is no heavan and hell. Chaos will ensue. Unless Jesus was not of human origin? Who knows.
edit on 4-3-2011 by pacofunk64 because: (no reason given)

I don't know who this Jesus guy really was, all I know is that when he turned up, all of the previous years of people talking about gods who from Heaven to Earth Came was forgotten about.

As soon as this guy said he was the son of god, then the world was tipped on its ear.

There is something very strange about this fella, and I wouldn't mind betting he specific job was to confuse and cover up, something that was to be kept secret.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Man, you don't read the threads around here on Yellowstone or Long Valley Caldera, do you.

Of course... what was I thinking?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Me thinks you understand... or know, of what I speak.

MM
edit on 6-3-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join