It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expando Planet Theory more likely than Nirubu/Planet X...and happening NOW?!!!!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

By the way, the expanding oceans would indeed put considerable pressure on the continents, and provide ample reason for the creation of mountains. After all, the older parts of the oceans have considerable mountain ranges.

Of course there is also the volcanic activity.

I notice nobody has provided any links or information to plug the gaping holes in the plate tectonics theory.

The expanding ocean? What do you mean? Do you mean the amount of water? The oceans are not expanding. The Earth is not expanding. The oceans do not put considerable pressure on the continents. The newest parts of the oceans have the ridges.

Volcanic activity is restricted to plate boundaries and to a few places where hot spots appear under the crust.

So what gaping holes are you referring to. The only gaping holes so far are your understanding of geology and plate tectonics.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You just go on and on, ignoring all the links I have provided that prove you wrong, pretending that the world is completely under our control and science has figured everything out. All the while providing no proof for your claims. I admit, I find it funny how rigid your ideas are.

Most of the ocean floor is new, and spreading out from the ridges that run through all of our oceans.

pubs.usgs.gov...

In the 1950s, oceanic exploration greatly expanded. Data gathered by oceanographic surveys conducted by many nations led to the discovery that a great mountain range on the ocean floor virtually encircled the Earth. Called the global mid-ocean ridge, this immense submarine mountain chain -- more than 50,000 kilometers (km) long and, in places, more than 800 km across -- zig-zags between the continents, winding its way around the globe like the seam on a baseball. Rising an average of about 4,500 meters(m) above the sea floor, the mid-ocean ridge overshadows all the mountains in the United States except for Mount McKinley (Denali) in Alaska (6,194 m). Though hidden beneath the ocean surface, the global mid-ocean ridge system is the most prominent topographic feature on the surface of our planet.

A theoretical model of the formation of magnetic striping. New oceanic crust forming continuously at the crest of the mid-ocean ridge cools and becomes increasingly older as it moves away from the ridge crest with seafloor spreading (see text): a. the spreading ridge about 5 million years ago; b. about 2 to 3 million years ago; and c. present-day.

You have already admitted this yourself, why do you deny it now? Don't tell me! You think the people at the USGS are all stupid too?

edit on 18-3-2011 by poet1b because: grammar

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Exactly why is is the mass is being continuously redistributed around the Earth? Plate tectonics does not explain this at all.

Despite the great distance we are traveling through space, there has been very little accretion in the last several billions years. We know that. The Moon's surface makes that case very clear.[/quote4]

You have yet to provide any evidence that all the accretion of mass happened 4 B years ago. What little evidence exists is extremely weak.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Posting links to hoax sites such as the expanding earth site are rather worthless. I certainly am looking forward to you posting links from peer reviewed journals that support these claims of accretion which simply are not happening. I am not ignoring anything that supposedly proves me wrong.

I find it funny how you keep repeating the false claim that the Earth is expanding. Wishful thinking about a failed idea is nothing more than wishful thinking.

So now you point to information about these spreading ridges. I am well aware of these as is anyone that knows even an inkling about plate tectonics.

You have already admitted this yourself, why do you deny it now? Don't tell me! You think the people at the USGS are all stupid too?

So what is this inane commentary about? What does the well established spreading ridge system have anything to do with anything you've claimed. Are you attempting to misrepresent these as the oldest parts of the ocean? Are you going to misrepresent thermal expansion issues?

Just what are you planning on misrepresenting?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

\Exactly why is is the mass is being continuously redistributed around the Earth?

Did you read the article?

Apparently not.

Go back. Read the article. If you can't understand something I'll be willing to assist you as I certain Byrd can do even better than I.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

What is obvious is that you do not understand what you are reading.

If you can produce quotes from the website that support your claims, you might succeed in establishing a level of credibility, but I doubt it.

Hoax pretty much describes your amateurish opinion. I have provided links to a site put together by numerous geologists, many of whom have doctorates, and represent numerous institutions.

That you criticize these professionals harshly demonstrates more than anything that your opinions are based on pure foolish speculation.

As per example, I provide a link where the USGS clearly states that the new ocean floor is being created, spreading out from the ocean ridges, and you completely ignore that this is proven far beyond any plate tectonic theories.

So lets see you post the points in the USGS site that support your claims. I look forward to proven once again how foolish your claims are.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Hoax pretty much describes your amateurish opinion. I have provided links to a site put together by numerous geologists, many of whom have doctorates, and represent numerous institutions.

Here are a group of people on the fringe that in general do not publish in peer reviewed journals and do not publish at all on an expanding Earth in peer reviewed journals.

All you have done is make a poor appeal to authority concerning individuals that are unable to support this ridiculous failed claim of an expanding Earth. The fact that you hold these people up as support instead of showing evidence just shows how pathetic this expanding Earth claim is.

As per example, I provide a link where the USGS clearly states that the new ocean floor is being created, spreading out from the ocean ridges, and you completely ignore that this is proven far beyond any plate tectonic theories.

Once again it is unclear what misrepresentation you are attempting to do. Sea flooring spreading is a well known consequence of plate tectonics. I have no idea why you are touting evidence which clearly shows that the expanding Earth is a falsehood.

So lets see you post the points in the USGS site that support your claims. I look forward to proven once again how foolish your claims are.

Support what claims?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Yeah, as expected you have yet to prove you understand any of this.

I have no idea why you are touting evidence which clearly shows that the expanding Earth is a falsehood.

Once again, where in the USGS article is it clearly shown that that the expanding Earth is a falsehood? In fact, the article makes statements that support the expanding Earth theory.

You have yet to post anything that supports any of your claims, and you can't even post quotes from the USGS that you claim backs your statements. It is pathetic that you make claims but can not substantiate those claims.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Heres a point ,the japanese earthquake was caused by subduction but caused the island to move ,east by 8 feet towards america yet ,the plates are supposed to be expanding away from each other from ultimately the mid atlantic ridge,now around the same time/following dayhisz.rsoe.hu... had a 3.0 tremor,if you follow the link then I would have imagined that since gravity is contracting that japan would move east under that subduction plate moving closer to the mid atlantic ridge,so either way the ocean floor is expanding,especially the mid atlantic ridge and caused ultimately ,japans event..abclocal.go.com...
current reality Atlantic rift expanding

and

Pacificplate moving

and

hey presto

Sure looks as though the planet is attempting to expand but gravity is colliding subduction plates under each other,either way ,so technically the planet is expanding ,otherwise japan now being 8 feet away from asia and 8 feet closer to america and the american pacific plate going in the westerly direction,as thats the way the plate slid under japan,sure looks to me like the crust is attempting to expand.In theory the universe as I state is expanding so the apparent fact that magma is flowing and expanding the atlantic rift,means it is part of the internal geomagnetic magma flow release against the expanding force of the universe
This maybe a hard concept to visualize but the expansion of the universe is much more stronger than gravity, gravity is weak compared to the rest,however the combined connected mass of minerals and atoms gives gravity its mass to hold things in one place relative to the sun,in my view both are valid and there must be a small degree of expansion overtime,but I still hold true to my earlier ascertion that iceages would most certainly expand the crust because of combined concentrated weight of both polar regions having more frozen water down to the equator during these iceages. ..And finally the ice age,note the rhetoric as to the cause of iceage and c02 being the only factor(after 8 min),however if a iceage started it would trap c02 in the upper atmosphere and sediment it on the frozen crust taking it out of the equation,hence sun dogs(halos),so reduction of co2 is the cause of the iceage,but the underlying cause is cosmic.,since the earth was closer to the sun in the past .

Thats my conclusion , very educational and enlightening.
Thanks gringo
edit on 19-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Once again, where in the USGS article is it clearly shown that that the expanding Earth is a falsehood? In fact, the article makes statements that support the expanding Earth theory.

The article is in support of plate tectonics. Plate tectonics shows that the expanding Earth idea is false.

Please tell us all where in the article there is support for an expanding Earth. Do please tell us.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Heres a point ,the japanese earthquake was caused by subduction but caused the island to move ,east by 8 feet towards america yet ,the plates are supposed to be expanding away from each other from ultimately the mid atlantic ridge

The quake occurred at a subduction zone. After the quake the shoreline was closer to America.

The plates are not supposed to be expanding away from each other. They do not ultimately begin at any particular ridge. The plates are independent to a large degree. The North American plate has a boundary which is the mid-Atlantic ridge. Then comes the Pacific plate and Japan is on the Eurasion plate. The Phillipine plate is involved as well. The subduction zone at Japan is a destructive zone where plates are destroyed.

Sure looks as though the planet is attempting to expand but gravity is colliding subduction plates under each other,either way ,so technically the planet is expanding

That's a false conclusion.

japan now being 8 feet away from asia and 8 feet closer to america

Another mistake. Japan is not moving away from Asia.

sure looks to me like the crust is attempting to expand.

No. Not true. The crust is not attempting to expand.

The expansion of the universe is not noticeable on the scale of the Earth.

I still hold true to my earlier ascertion that iceages would most certainly expand the crust

And how much expansion do we get from freezing water? It is small. Water is a small part of the volume of the Earth. The water melts and any expansion is lost.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

If you can't point out the parts of the article that support your position, then you are unable to demonstrate that you understand what you are reading.

This is fifth grade reading requirements.

The article talks about Plate Tectonics, but also points out that the theory isn't fully accepted.

In other words the article has a realistic approach which makes your over the top claims appear juvenile.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Thanks for providing the vids. The expanding Earth website points out that while N America is moving north east, and Asia is moving north east, S America is moving East.

When you look at the map showing the ocean ridges where the ocean floors are expanding, it is easy to see why the continents are moving in the direction they are moving. Add this to the bulging southern hemisphere, and the expanding Earth theory makes complete sense.

Even Plate Tectonics theory relies on an expanding Mantle and a dynamic Earth.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Well as i find it seems there is a expansion and contraction process going on at all times,and the mid atlantic rift without any doubt is expanding and exuding its pressure globally as it refills and expands.However there is also the contractive force of gravity,whereas fluctuations in gravity between sun and earth maintains a slow process of expansion 3.5cm per year and subduction does occur in certain areas as this 3.5 cm expansion occurs, the overall picture to me is expansion ,fighting against gravity,considering that is exactly how the whole universe works,it would be the height of ignorance not to acknowledge the real elemental forces that constitute our fragile earth.
So,earthquakes,volcanoes explained,iceage expansion explained,what else...mmm Lets see.Oh yes.

Originally posted by stereologist

Another mistake. Japan is not moving away from Asia.

Gringos reply
How come its 8 feet closer to america and the volcano erupted in japan at the same time to release expansive energy,and also plates between asia and japan began tremoring,contraction,expansion ,hence japan moved 8 feet.
Forgot check this out ,japan moved away from korea.www.presstv.ir...

The Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute (KASSI) said the Korean Peninsula moved east up to 5cm (about 2 inches) while Japan shifted some 2.4 meters east, AFP reported Thursday.

According to Italy's National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology, the 8.9 magnitude earthquake in Japan on March 11 has also shifted the position of the Earth's figure axis, and moved the whole planet by 25cm.

so how can japan move 2 inches away from korea and 2.4 metres towards america both at the same time,thats impossible,a island would appear between japan and asia if it was`nt expanding,thats why its moved between korea and japan as well ?

sorry but thats the news.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

If you can't point out the parts of the article that support your position, then you are unable to demonstrate that you understand what you are reading.

This is fifth grade reading requirements.

The article talks about Plate Tectonics, but also points out that the theory isn't fully accepted.

In other words the article has a realistic approach which makes your over the top claims appear juvenile.

You claimed that the article supported your expanding Earth claim. Now you can't point out what supports the claim.

It was a lie then that the article supports an expanding Earth. That is not surprising. Quite a few times claims have been made about the expanding Earth that have turned out to be anything but truthful.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Even Plate Tectonics theory relies on an expanding Mantle and a dynamic Earth.

Another complete fabrication. Plate tectonics does not rely in any manner on an expanding mantle.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yeah, it is well established that Japan and the Korean Peninsula are breaking off from the Asian continent, like the British Isles.

It is funny how people make claims and insist they are right without ever bothering to do any fact checking.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Well as i find it seems there is a expansion and contraction process going on at all times,and the mid atlantic rift without any doubt is expanding and exuding its pressure globally as it refills and expands.

The mid-Atlantic ridge affects the adjacent plate only. The ridge is not expanding. It is where plate material is created. The plate material actually begins to shrink as it moves away from the spreading ridge due to thermal contraction.

However there is also the contractive force of gravity,whereas fluctuations in gravity between sun and earth maintains a slow process of expansion 3.5cm per year and subduction does occur in certain areas as this 3.5 cm expansion occurs, the overall picture to me is expansion ,fighting against gravity,considering that is exactly how the whole universe works,it would be the height of ignorance not to acknowledge the real elemental forces that constitute our fragile earth.

This misrepresents, contains false statements, and mixes different issues. What a mess.
1. Gravity is an attractive force, not contractive.
2. There are no fluctuations in gravity between sun and Earth.
3. The Earth is not expanding, certainly not at 3.5cm per year.
4. The expansion of the universe is unrelated to the Moon moving away from the Earth or the Earth moving away form the Sun.

So,earthquakes,volcanoes explained,iceage expansion explained,what else...mmm Lets see.Oh yes.

Earthquakes and volcanoes are explained by plate tectonics. Ice ages are not explained by any notion of expansion.

How come its 8 feet closer to america and the volcano erupted in japan at the same time to release expansive energy,and also plates between asia and japan began tremoring,contraction,expansion ,hence japan moved 8 feet.

The movement is due to a change in the position of a single GPS station. That could be due to a local shift and not necessarily a shift to other areas. The volcanic eruption did not release energy because expansive energy. That's a ridiculous claim. The fact is that the Earth is not expanding. You prove it right here by telling us yet again that Pacific became smaller (assuming that the GPS station movement was a non-local event).

Everything depends on where the measurements were taken. Part of Japan is on a part of the North American plate. Part is on the Eurasian plate. The Pacific plates and Phillipine plate are also there.

I hope this gives you some insight into this question:

so how can japan move 2 inches away from korea and 2.4 metres towards america both at the same time,thats impossible,a island would appear between japan and asia if it was`nt expanding,thats why its moved between korea and japan as well ?

The plates are not absolutely rigid. They bend in response to deposition, contact with other plates. Also, faulting can result in local motions.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yeah, it is well established that Japan and the Korean Peninsula are breaking off from the Asian continent, like the British Isles.

It is funny how people make claims and insist they are right without ever bothering to do any fact checking.

It is funny how expanding earth believers never check facts and have no idea what is actually happening.

What evidence is that Korea is breaking off of Asia? Please show us anything to support this claim. Please show us anything to support the claim that the British Isles are breaking off of Europe.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

1. Gravity is an attractive force, not contractive.
2. There are no fluctuations in gravity between sun and Earth.
3. The Earth is not expanding, certainly not at 3.5cm per year.
4. The expansion of the universe is unrelated to the Moon moving away from the Earth or the Earth moving away form the Sun.

1.Gravity is most certainly a contractive force ,because solar dynamics attract and contract hydrogen from space into helium and continueing the deuteriumm processes that keep those elements hot and radiating various light frquencies and energy rays towatds earth without which(this contractive gravity)those life giving essential rays would not exist and a series of stages of contraction of gravitational force will cause a red giant,supernova or black hole(which is the ultimate contractive force).
2.If there is no fluctuations between earth and sun then how come on jan 3rd the earth is closest to the sun(earthquake watch month) and ecliptically furthest away in june.
3.It is documented in earlier post(no requirement to respond)
4.How do you in your infiite wisdom explain the drifting of earth,and moon away from each other,and away from the sun ,without a external force excerted on it and equalibrium between both forces of dynamics.
Heres a suprise for you,remember question 2 new scientist

One idea is that the Sun is losing enough mass, via fusion and the solar wind, to gradually be losing its gravitational grip (see Astronomical unit may need to be redefined). Other possible explanations include a change in the gravitational constant G, the effects of cosmic expansion, and even the influence of dark matter. None have proved satisfactory.
Notice cosmic expansion and change in gravitational constant,or expanding dark matter?
Everything that happens to the crust and size and structure of this planet is determined by the solar constants,even ice ages,even though ,it is being discovered as we type that its not acting so constant,many scratching heads.These odd fluctuations cause much variable changes to all planetoids.
Enjoy and be enlightened,gringo ,peace

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join