It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by Akragon

Matthew 24:14 (Amplified Bible) 14 And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end.

I see you didn't understand this verse. And also this one.

Luke 9:5 (Amplified Bible) 5 And wherever they do not receive and accept and welcome you, when you leave that town shake off [even] the dust from your feet, as a testimony against them.

In the first quoted verse in Matthew 24:14 it say in plain language, the gospel will be preached throughout the whole world so that all may be made known of the Savior, and for those that receive it they will be fine and for those that reject it, God will deal with them according to His judgment.

And in Luke 9:5 whenever the gospel is rejected, those that are sharing the good news and are rejected, are to walk away and clean the dust off their feet. What that means is, you reject the Word of the Lord than your choice is of the world, and again God will deal with those according to His judgment.

We as Christians again, I tell you this, we don't judge you, the Word is what judges you. You insist to turn it towards us, and all that is, is an excuse, an excuse to not believe in Christianity, to believe what Christ taught.
You ask for proof, it is the same now as it was in the days that Christ walked the earth and before that, they the unbelievers wanted proof. Christ gave examples of those that saw with their own eyes and still did not believe.
Where's the proof you ask, when really it's not proof that you want, it's just an excuse to reject God, so that you can continue to live in the world, in worldly ways of lust and greed. You don't want to hear the truth the same way an alcoholic doesn't want to be told or to admit that he's an alcoholic (hope you don't mind me borrowing your analogy NOTurTypical).
You wanted an answer, Akragon, there's your answer, and if it's not good enough for you, then that's the way it's got to be.

Dude, wth are you talking about, i didn't ask for proof, i just asked a simple question. I don't need your proof, and quoteing me scripture really proves nothing.

I understood your quote...what you're trying to say is every person in the entire world will be taught your beliefs, regardless of their own....and then the "end" will come...Is that about right or did i miss something?

Your answer is fine with me, i won't comment on it so as to shorten this arguement and get back on topic.

All i can say to that is Good Luck my friend

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Some of the posters in here claim that maybe I didn't read their whole post, well they didn't read all of mine either. If they did they would have understood that I never said homosexuals were excluded from forgiveness. And the other thing is I'm not trying to prove God or scripture to anyone, He proves Himself and scripture proves it's self. As for what you choose is your own to do, no one has to answer for you except yourself, we all answer to God for our on actions. And if you think that by admitting that I am no perfect than any of you but I do know scripture, and that I'm making an excuse to interpret my way, than I really don't care that you feel that way, I know what I know, and I'm comfortable with it unlike some of you not being comfortable with being challenged. I can read in some of you your words, you are upset, maybe feeling a little uneasy, and or just pissed off, definitely in disagreement. And I'd rather have you in disagreement with me than having all of you all sweet talked into eating up half truths like what our fellow poster is feeding you.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by IAMIAM

P.S. Do notice that he IS eating, drinking, and being merry with sinners...

Obviously, it says that in the text. But if you would have read my entire statement I said:

"Jesus didn't come to Earth to eat, drink, and be merry with sinners and condone their rebellion to God's laws."

Christ went to them, not for a party, but to call them to repent of their sins. Christ never condones sin, He pointed it out and commanded them to not sin anymore.

I do not disagree with you. Christ wanted sinners to repent, he came to call them to repent, most especially he taught them why they did not need to Sin. Christ understood something about human nature that seems missed on Christianity. He did not stand at the pulpit and say "You are all dirty sinners and you need to repent!". No, Christ went straight to the root of the problem. He treated all with love and acceptance, and through that love and acceptance, those who sinned did not need to feel the need to sin any more.

He saw the thief and saw a man in desperation who stole because he did not have what he needed. Thus he bid his followers to give others what they needed, even if it was down to their last coat.

He saw the prostitute and saw a woman who had not known love in her life, and he loved her, not sexually but from the heart. Having found love she no longer desired to sell her body to fill that hole in her heart that she was trying to fill.

He saw murderers and saw men who had been pushed to the brink of madness by the dog eat dog world of the society created by man, thus he forgave them and in doing so taught them to be forgiving.

You miss the whole point of the lessons of Christ because you see him as judging people as if they are not perfect. He saw that people saw themselves as imperfect, that is what they were taught and that is what society had made them. Christ saw them as perfect, and bid them to act as such, and he showed them how.

If Christ's followers had done what he had said, what he demonstrated, the world we created would have fallen away giving forth to a loving society where all take care of all lovingly as the perfect beings we were created to be. So few are willing to pick up that cross and follow him for the cross is heavy and the road is long. The temptations of the flesh, to survive goes against what Christ taught, and thus his teachings were usurped and rather than serve God by walking in the ways of Christ, men now use Christ's teachings to serve themselves and the almighty dollar.

I don't judge others for this for I know the temptations of the flesh and how hard it is to stand up for the oppressed, to sacrifice all you have in this world, to give all for a better world not based on money, and see each other and this world we have been gifted as perfect.

I do not judge others, but I know this...

If Christians are not willing to walk in the ways of Christ, to give back to Caesar those things which Caesar has given, to love all that they may see thier own perfection and in turn become more loving...

Then I wash my hands of them and will find others willing to do so.

It breaks my heart to see so much love and wisdom go to waste, but if it is God's will, so be it...

edit on 2-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

What you fail to grasp is that the truth that men need to repent IS spoken in love. It would actually be hatred for a person to condone behavior that God calls an abomination and His wrath is upon. It's actually hatred for a Christian to NOT tell people about God's wrath and judgement. It's great to show others God's mercy and forgiveness, but don't you think it's important to explain that God only has mercy and forgiveness on the humble and repentant??

If you love someone you tell them the entire truth. Would you consider it love or evil if your wife or child only told you the part of the truth you wanted to hear but left out half of the facts? Of course not. Christ was perfect love, He told people He loved them, but He also told them to stop living in rebellion to God's laws.

True love is not telling half the story. That's hatred. And in regards to this thread, when the OP asks what the Bible has to say about homosexuality it's hatred to not tell them that God calls it an abomination and that no homosexuals will enter the kingdom of heaven (Revelation 21:8). That's not to puff ourselves up that we are not homosexuals, because if we aren't a homosexual we still are liars, thieves, adulterers, idolaters, et cetra et cetra. The point is we are all sinners, and there is only one sin Christ said could never be forgiven and that one sin is NOT homosexuality.

Some people think that telling a sinner to repent is hatred. I can't fathom why, the Lord Jesus did the same thing. Jesus pleaded with the sinner to turn from the rebellion to God's laws the same manner. So following that, when we explain God only forgives and gives mercy to the repentant person, calling them to repent isn't anything but exhorting them to take the path to being forgiven by god so that they can be truly free from sin and unrighteousness.

That is "love", the same "love" Christ taught to men. Love is speaking the entire truth to men, not a partial truth.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

What you fail to grasp is that the truth that men need to repent IS spoken in love.

Here is the whole truth. You are a child of God, you are loved unconditionally by God. You ARE perfect and should see yourself perfectly and act perfectly to others for they too are children of God and are perfect.

If you see a fellow child of God in hunger, feed them.

If you see a child of God suffering, relieve their suffering.

If you see a child of God mourning, comfort them.

If you see a child of God in want, give them what they desire.

If you see a child of God oppressed, liberate them.

If you see a child of God condemned, take them in and make them whole.

If you see a child of God naked and cold, cloth them.

Treat each other like children of God, all of you, and you will see the Kingdom of Heaven before you.

Do not tell others of their sins for their sins a the result of the hard life they have lead. Even you would be in their same sinful state if you had been born into their life and experienced that which they have. Judge them NOT, but help to make their life the Heaven that it should be, that they will see their own perfection, and sin no more.

If you have not walked in another's shoes, faced the demons they have in life, you cannot speak of sin to them for you do not know. Love them as you want to be loved.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Ummm, besides a king or queen who HASN'T had a "hard life"?? I don't recall reading how a "hard life" was an excuse to live in an unrepentant rebellious way to God. Can you show me the verse you get this idea from? Where did Jesus say sin was okay if the person had a hard life?

You can make up whatever gospel you wish, but don't expect born again folks to agree with you. Our final authority is the Word of God. And that Word says God's wrath abides on the unrighteousness of men.

Lastly, I'm not "perfect", I'm a sinner saved by God's grace alone. There was only one man who has been perfect, His name is Jesus. Remember:

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:8

"If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." 1 John 1:10

You can claim you're not a sinner, not me, I know I'm a sinner saved by grace.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

What you fail to grasp is that the truth that men need to repent IS spoken in love. It would actually be hatred for a person to condone behavior that God calls an abomination and His wrath is upon. It's actually hatred for a Christian to NOT tell people about God's wrath and judgement.

How sad that people actually think this way.

You can live with the Love of God in your Heart

or

You can live in Fear of God.

You can not do both.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Ummm, besides a king or queen who HASN'T had a "hard life"?? I don't recall reading how a "hard life" was an excuse to live in an unrepentant rebellious way to God. Can you show me the verse you get this idea from? Where did Jesus say sin was okay if the person had a hard life?

Ah, but we all ARE Kings and Queens, endowed with free will and sovereigns unto themselves, answerable only to the God within us. Now if you judge against God, He WILL judge you back. It is happening in this very thread, but you do not see it.

You can make up whatever gospel you wish, but don't expect born again folks to agree with you.

Then I do not expect "born again" folks to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. In fact, they are standing outside as we speak wondering when the Kingdom will come, and hoping to be found worthy. Alas, it is their own judgement that keeps them barred from entry.

Lastly, I'm not "perfect", I'm a sinner saved by God's grace alone. There was only one man who has been perfect, His name is Jesus. Remember:

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:8

"If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." 1 John 1:10

You can claim you're not a sinner, not me, I know I'm a sinner saved by grace.

So little did Christ's disciples understand him. He told them himself they did not fully understand what he was saying or doing. I'd show the scripture but you would not believe or understand either. You are content with your communion among those who call themselves sinners so that can look down upon others. You call yourself Christian as if belief in the word Christ is enough to enter his Kingdom.

You ignore that the least will be the greatest and your humility is apparent to all as false.

Take not my word for it my friend. Your own words, your own actions condemn you. Speak, speak often and speak loudly. Share your testimony at every chance. For the lambs know the voice of their shepherd, and I say those who hear your voice and will come to you are deserving of your judgement. Those who can hear the words of Christ and flock to those who share it in all it's glory will flock to that voice, and they will be seen as the perfect lambs of God.

So call, call your sheep.

It is time the flock be separated.

I tell you and I tell all the world, I AM a man without Sin, and all who are free of Sin and who wish to build a better world of unconditional love for all, to walk once again naked in the Garden of Eden, those I ask to spread the word. Love one another, judge no one, and lets get to building.

Those who wish to wait for Christ to do the work he asked, wait...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by IAMIAM

What you fail to grasp is that the truth that men need to repent IS spoken in love. It would actually be hatred for a person to condone behavior that God calls an abomination and His wrath is upon. It's actually hatred for a Christian to NOT tell people about God's wrath and judgement.

or

You can not do both.

You are totally misunderstanding the meaning of fearing God from our perspective. To fear God means to understand that if you believe in Him and yet continue to commit immoral acts your judgment will be severe. So to fear God means that you know the difference of what is pleasing to Him and what is not, what is pure to Him and what is impure, what is morally just to him and what is immoral. Knowing that, having that knowledge, is having the fear of God, having that knowledge, makes a believer want to do what is morally right, that's what having the fear of God means.
When you understand living in the fear of the Lord, you also understand God's love for you, why else would He not want you to live an immoral life, it is out of His love for you that's why, He wants everyone's soul to have eternal life to be with Him. It's so simple yet so many are blind it's simplicity.

Any other understanding is pure delusion and fallacy.
edit on 2-4-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks Blue_Jay33 for finding this chapter and verses.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (Amplified Bible)

9Do you not know that the unrighteous and the wrongdoers will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived (misled): neither the impure and immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who participate in homosexuality,

10Nor cheats (swindlers and thieves), nor greedy graspers, nor drunkards, nor foulmouthed revilers and slanderers, nor extortioners and robbers will inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God.

11And such some of you were [once]. But you were washed clean (purified by a complete atonement for sin and made free from the guilt of sin), and you were consecrated (set apart, hallowed), and you were justified [pronounced righteous, by trusting] in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the [Holy] Spirit of our God.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
You are totally misunderstanding the meaning of fearing God from our perspective.

NO - I'm not.

I was raised Christian.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by IAMIAM

or

You can not do both.

Sorry random internet person, but the Word of God is the only authority in my life. I live by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

"The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy [is] understanding." Proverbs 9:10

"The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do [his commandments]: his praise endureth for ever." Psalm 111:10

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

"But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him." Luke 12:5

"[It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." Hebrews 10:31

"Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences." 2 Corinthians 5:11

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I tell you and I tell all the world, I AM a man without Sin

Then by your own words you are making God a liar and demonstrate His Word is NOT in you.

"If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." 1 John 1:10

By your own admission you demonstrate self-deception and the truth is NOT in you.

I AM, you're self-deceived and His Word and truth is NOT in you. You're a false teacher. Christ warned about you.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:15

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
BEWARE OF FALSE TEACHERS!!!

The Bible makes it abundantly clear that false teachers will deceive many people into believing false doctrines. The only way to know for sure that you are right with God is to know what He has to say and trust Him rather than men.

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits...." Matthew 7:15,16

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth , and be turned aside to fables." 2 Timothy 4:3,4

"For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves . Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears."
Acts 20:29-31

"And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men." Matthew 15:9

"But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." 2 Peter 2:1

"as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked;" 2 Peter 3:16-17

"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:8

"Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them." Hebrews 13:9

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I tell you and I tell all the world, I AM a man without Sin

Then by your own words you are making God a liar and demonstrate His Word is NOT in you.

No, I am making your opinion irrelevant. If God calls YOU a sinner, I believe him. If God tells me I am NOT a sinner, I believe him. I listen to God personally. You read what God told others from a book.

"If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." 1 John 1:10

By your own admission you demonstrate self-deception and the truth is NOT in you.

Again, if you want to listen to men who did not know or understand the truth, be my guest. That is YOUR walk to make, not mine. Enjoy your yoke if it pleases you so. As you cannot love all, it is a deserving yoke.

I AM, you're self-deceived and His Word and truth is NOT in you. You're a false teacher. Christ warned about you.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:15

That is your judgement, and as you have judged, so are you judged. You would not know Christ if he came down and shook your hand. To you it is just a word. Believe the word exists, and all is well. Have you seen heaven yet? Have you found eternal life?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

No, I am making your opinion irrelevant.

Certainly NOT my 'opinion', I didn't write 1 John. The apostle John did. That's why it's called 1 "John".

That is your judgement, and as you have judged, so are you judged.

I didn't 'judge' anything, YOU claimed you are not a sinner. I didn't 'judge' you, I QUOTED you.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

No, I am making your opinion irrelevant.

Certainly NOT my 'opinion', I didn't write 1 John. The apostle John did. That's why it's called 1 "John".

Your error is ignoring the many scriptures that tell you to trust no man, for they are liars. You cling to the writings of man as the word of God because another man told you it is the word of God when Christ himself said that he is found within after his death. It is within that you find Christ, let the words of other men be there own folly. Then again, maybe you do not hear the word of Christ within you. If you do not, then I am sorry.

That is your judgement, and as you have judged, so are you judged.

I didn't 'judge' anything, YOU claimed you are not a sinner. I didn't 'judge' you, I QUOTED you.

It is your judgement that I am self deceived. That judgement blinds only you, for I KNOW what I see and what I hear in this world. I know who is deceived and who is not. I see them in the very words that they preach. I see the deceived fumble as they cannot even explain without the use of circular reasoning the words they use. They cannot explain God other than by blind belief, for they have not opened their eyes to behold him in all his glory. They cling to Hollywood actors mimicing the divine and proclaim "That's MY King".

Yes, that is your king. Deception.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Again, the Word states you are self-deceived, I didn't write the verse, the Holy Spirit did.

"All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Timothy 3:16

"All scripture" means all scripture ironically.

"For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe." 1 Thessalonians 2:13

The Word of God, is in truth, the Word of the Living God.

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1:20-21

You may hear a "voice", but it's not God's. God will never contradict His written Word.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well, at least there's zero objective evidence backing up the bible...so it doesn't really matter what it says. We live in the 21st century and I'd like to think we can make up our mind based on rationality and logic...rather than blind dogma. Who cares if someone's homosexual? He/she is not hurting anyone, so I consider it their basic freedom to love whoever they want. And an old book without any objective evidence is 100% worthless when it comes to judging how people wanna live today as long as they follow laws and morals imposed by society.

No wonder the number of religious believers has been dropping dramatically over the past 20yrs, it's nonsense like this "bible against homosexuals" hogwash that gives religion a bad rep. Even a donkey on '___' can see what a joke it would be to judge homosexuals based on the bible

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

You may hear a "voice", but it's not God's. God will never contradict His written Word.

Oh, that would explain why there are so many interpretations of scripture, so many denominations of Christianity, so many different understandings of Judaism, so many sects of Islam, so many branches of Budhism, and so so many other religions.

Maybe if you understood that the Holy Spirit is within YOU and what it says is right to you is for YOU only, you would understand there is NO contradiction.

Ah, but you know God better than anyone else right...

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join