It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no comet elenin??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Why would the encoded name be half in English acronym, and half in Sumerian?
I don't see anything to suggest that it is anything other than a Russian surname.
Also, Nin (the sal.tug2 sign) can mean either lady OR lord.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Seems there is a LOT more maths to consider than just a standard physical trajectory.

Non-gravitational forces do not significantly alter the trajectory of a comet on a single pass through the inner solar system. They only result in major differences in the calculated position of the comet (when compared with purely gravitational solutions) at a much later date. Since the orbital period of C/2010 X1 Elenin is currently calculated to be around half a million years, we don't have anything to worry about.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Have you ever look into this website
www.binaryresearchinstitute.org...
give a few good idea what elenin could be
remember our sun is mostlikely a binary sun

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Signals

we shall see come sep oct, but this is not the only one neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Greetings:

Now, we're on the same page.

Somehow, the information on the website you shared sounded vaguely familiar - well, kind of...

The rock, 2005 YU55 has been documented at about 400 meters/1,312 feet in size and inbound at about 15.5 kps/34,672 mph/50,853/sec.

Compare this to Elenin: NO SIZE, and inbound at 23.7 kps/53,015 mph. To make it something to actually relate to (can you actually conceptualize 53,000 mph?), it is 25,918 yards per second...about 260 football fields laid end-to-end PER SECOND.

Now, here is where it gets interesting: It has not exactly been frontpage news in the drive-by media (thanks Rush) that 2005 YU55 will come inside the orbit of the moon. The moon being about 384,403 km/238,857 miles distance from Earth, 2005 YU55 will whiz between the Earth and the Moon at a distance of 315,000 km/201,714 miles.

Question? Do these figures indicate that 2005 YU55 will pass by the Moon at about 69,403 km/43,125 miles distance on 8/11/2011? That's only 2,732,401,575 inches! Seems close to me. Just saying...source

Great minds...?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

These challenges to life and sanity on this planet must be met with clear minds and sound hearts, so may your 2011 see you embracing its highest potential and onward through the fog!

In Peace & Light

tfw

Dodged a Solar Bullet

Global Emergency & Disaster Info

Cometgate! Elenin + 2005 YU55 + Nibiru

Surviving the American Food Crisis of 2011

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder

Originally posted by wildespace

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
And what exactly was the payload on the huge rocket the u.s sent into space? explosives perhaps? nukes maybe, do u they think the "comet" is going to come uncomforably close so maybe try use explosives to knock it off its trajectory just like in the movie deep impact?.....

Which launch are you reffering to?

the one that was about a month ago...biggest rocket sent into space and they refused to divulge its payload...

www.reuters.com...

Greetings:

The Delta IV Heavy rocket stood 23 stories tall, and its engines produced 2 million pounds of thrust, according to the 30th Space Wing of the U.S. Air Force.

Blasting off at 1:10 p.m. Pacific time from Space Launch Complex-6 at Vandenberg in California, the rocket carried a payload for the U.S. National Reconnaissance Office, military officials said. The nature of the payload was secret.

But the Los Angeles Times cited analysts who said it was a spy satellite, capable of snapping pictures detailed enough to distinguish the model of a car hundreds of miles below.

That is a load of bravo sierra.

When I lived in Santa Clarita, CA, over 25 years ago, my over-the-fence neighbor's job was to "fine-tune the focus" of 'classified' military satellites for JPL. He actually gave me a photo of my dog - in my backyard - and you could see that "Boo-Boo" - the Rottweiler, was wearing a collar! Somewhat smaller than an automobile - 25 years ago.

Just thought I'd share...

Speaking of sharing:

Earthquake Lights Map Live Update

Thank you for your time and consideration.

These challenges to life and sanity on this planet must be met with clear minds and sound hearts, so may your 2011 see you embracing its highest potential and onward through the fog!

In Peace & Light

tfw

Dodged a Solar Bullet

Global Emergency & Disaster Info

Cometgate! Elenin + 2005 YU55 + Nibiru

Surviving the American Food Crisis of 2011

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I copped the same crap from that website.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

Question? Do these figures indicate that 2005 YU55 will pass by the Moon at about 69,403 km/43,125 miles distance on 8/11/2011? That's only 2,732,401,575 inches! Seems close to me. Just saying...source

No, 2005 YU55 will not pass within 69,403 km of the moon. You can view the close approach data here.

The closest approach to Earth will be at 2011-Nov-08 23:29 with a distance of 0.00217334704781391 AU (325,128.372 km). The closest approach to the moon will be at 2011-Nov-09 07:14 at a distance of 0.00160247976572088 AU (239,727.768 km).

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A few months ago I read that the announcement of Comet Elenin was a pre-arranged world-wide coded warning to those that need to know (selected scientists and world leaders). A warning of an Extinction Level Event (ELE) happening in the ninth month (NIN). The first name of the alleged guy that discovered the comet - Leonid - was said to be information as to the direction the comet was coming from (constellation Leo). Can't recall where I read it......anyone else remember this?

The whole idea that "Leonid Elenin Does Not Exist" only adds to the frustration. My on-line research shows no record of "Leonid Elenin" prior to 2008. Why is there no evidence of his work that is older than 36 months? Why are there no interviews of this character? Has anyone else been more successful finding information on this guy?

When you add all this to the dearth of official information/photos of Comet Elenin it starts to look like a managed effort to control information concerning this potential Extinction Level Event. Just sayin'.........

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I try to keep my real name off of publicly accessible web pages as much as possible. Just a privacy thing I guess. I'd be very upset if I were to ever discover a comet only to have a conspiracy spring up claiming I don't exist because there is scant information about me online prior to 3 years ago. I feel bad for Leonid, just because some people think his name looks "funny" in english he now has a conspiracy theory that defames his name and suggests that he's either part of a conspiracy or his very existence is a conspiracy. Anyone with the dedication and skill needed to find a comet deserves better than that.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
ngchunter - You might be missing my point. I don't think the name "Leonid Elenin" looks funny at all....it's a typical Russian name. And I certainly have no intention of defaming him (if he exists). I agree that, if he exists, he deserves all the accolades he can muster. In fact, I think he should have an interview (preferably video) broadcast as widely as possible celebrating the accomplishment. "Leonid Elenin" is arguably the most exciting and popular (to the general public) astronomer today.

I'm not a supporter of the "Nibiru" or "brown dwarf" theories. Wouldn't it be interesting to hear and see what "Leonid Elenin" thinks of all this commotion about Comet Elenin?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogbreath
And I certainly have no intention of defaming him (if he exists).

The problem is that you say that and in the same breath question whether he even exists. I'd find that incredibly insulting and even defamatory if I were in his shoes.

I agree that, if he exists, he deserves all the accolades he can muster. In fact, I think he should have an interview (preferably video) broadcast as widely as possible celebrating the accomplishment. "Leonid Elenin" is arguably the most exciting and popular (to the general public) astronomer today.

Wow, your expectations are completely over-blown. Leonid is not the only amateur to recently discover a comet, not by a long shot. His accomplishment is great, but it is not unique to him. I can think of a number of amateurs who are just as accomplished and several who are more popular to the general public. There's a difference between being popular with conspiracy theorists as a conspiracy and being popular with the general public.

Wouldn't it be interesting to hear and see what "Leonid Elenin" thinks of all this commotion about Comet Elenin?

He was quite dismissive of it on the comment threads on his blog site. I don't blame him.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogbreath
ngchunter - You might be missing my point. I don't think the name "Leonid Elenin" looks funny at all....it's a typical Russian name. And I certainly have no intention of defaming him (if he exists). I agree that, if he exists, he deserves all the accolades he can muster. In fact, I think he should have an interview (preferably video) broadcast as widely as possible celebrating the accomplishment. "Leonid Elenin" is arguably the most exciting and popular (to the general public) astronomer today.
There were nearly 200 comets discovered in 2010. There's nothing particularly noteworthy about Elenin.

I'm not a supporter of the "Nibiru" or "brown dwarf" theories. Wouldn't it be interesting to hear and see what "Leonid Elenin" thinks of all this commotion about Comet Elenin?
He participates on the official Elenin Facebook Page. Read up on what he has to say.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Pluto can reflect light, a brown dwarf cannot

Where do you get the idea that a brown dwarf does not reflect light? It isn't a black hole. It's a normal type of object that doesn't have quite enough mass for thermonuclear fusion reactions to start in its core. It can reflect light just like any other normal object. In fact, if there was a brown dwarf in the inner solar system, it would be EASILY visible to the naked eye. It would also be causing gravitational havoc with respect to the other planets, and thousands of asteroids. Since no such gravitational perturbations have been detected (and no super bright unknown object has been spotted), we can dismiss all claims of an undetected brown dwarf in the inner solar system as total nonsense.

edit on 28-3-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

No, 2005 YU55 will not pass within 69,403 km of the moon. You can view the close approach data here.

The closest approach to Earth will be at 2011-Nov-08 23:29 with a distance of 0.00217334704781391 AU (325,128.372 km). The closest approach to the moon will be at 2011-Nov-09 07:14 at a distance of 0.00160247976572088 AU (239,727.768 km).

WAIT, so what if theres an alignment of the Asteroid, the Moon, and the Earth!?!? Could that be a possibility, because I sure think so.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjleonid12
WAIT, so what if theres an alignment of the Asteroid, the Moon, and the Earth!?!? Could that be a possibility, because I sure think so.
Well, an "alignment" wouldn't do anything, even if it was going to happen. But it won't be happening. Here's a video I made illustrating the orbit of 2005 YU55 at its closest approach to Earth. The video coves from 12:00 UTC on November 8, 2011 to 12:00 UTC on November 9, 2011. I suggest clicking through so you can watch the 1080p version, as the labels are small:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You know that Planet X Movie coming out in May called "Melancholia"...Wouldn't it be wild if the kid's name in the movie was "Leo"? ...Oh wait, it is... Check it out for yourself. What do you think of this? A "Leo" discovers the killer asteroid in the movie Deep Impact. Another Leo discovers comet Elenin. There is a kid named Leo in this new planet X movie. Comet Elenin is also known as "X1". Comet Elenin will be approaching us from the constellation Leo. The Sphinx which has the body of a Lion (Leo) stares off into the night sky waiting for something to return....

From Graham Hancock: -"we have demonstrated with a substantial body of evidence that the pattern of stars that is "frozen" on the ground at Giza in the form of the three pyramids and the Sphinx represents the disposition of the constellations of Orion and Leo as they looked at the moment of sunrise on the spring equinox during the astronomical "Age of Leo" (i.e., the epoch in which the Sun was "housed" by Leo on the spring equinox.) Like all precessional ages this was a 2,160-year period. It is generally calculated to have fallen between the Gregorian calendar dates of 10,970 and 8810 BC. (op. cit., p.189)"

Ok follow me here.... The comet Elenin is supposed to have an orbital period of 11,830 years. (According to Wikipedia). That would put its last appearance on earth roughly in the vicinity of time when the Sphinx was said to have been built. Of course we can't be sure of the exact date of either, but they are close.

A lot to think about.... One more coincedence... The release date for the movie Melancholia is May 26th. "Comet" Elenin will be closest to earth on September 26th.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

www.purdue.edu... you can put in comet Stats and shows you the effects on earth quite alot of data needed though. with the info you have though you may be able to check the results and post them.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331

www.purdue.edu... you can put in comet Stats and shows you the effects on earth quite alot of data needed though. with the info you have though you may be able to check the results and post them.

that is for calculating certain results from asteroid or comet impacts. It doesn't apply here, as Elenin is not going to impact the Earth.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Ahh my apologies, still thought if anyone needs that sight for anything else its up now

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join