It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no comet elenin??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

That's eerie. You remind me of me, with all that math,

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by loagun

We have imaged a brown dwarf with just 8 times the mass of Jupiter 500 LYs away, I'm sure we could see a brown dwarf just 1 LY away hiding in our Oort cloud.

hubblesite.org... 05/31/

and what makes you so sure that it isn't visible to the people with the right equipment like the hundred's of video's people have been posting all over the internet recently about this supposed brown dwarf.

and a little FYI for you,

...luminosity is generally at least 0.01% the luminosity of our Sun. Brown dwarfs cool and darken steadily over their lifetimes: sufficiently old brown dwarfs will be too faint to be detectable.
en.wikipedia.org...

aka they are so cold and dense light can barely escape/and or reflect off it's surface. so again, no you wouldn't be able to see it unless you had the proper telescope able to witness "objects with temperatures as cold as 500 and 600 *K. en.wikipedia.org..."

*K: The kelvin is a unit of measurement for temperature. Absolute zero at 0 kelvin is −273.15 degrees Celsius.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

I actually did the math here.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
what I don't understand is why everybody is so focused on Elenin. We have tons that pass withing .04 AU of our planet all the time. In the past week we've had at least two that were IMPACT THREAT classification and there wasn't an uproar. In fact you should be able to find them now. one was DX4 or something along those lines but the JBL has an impact risk site that shows this stuff.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Score yet another one for the brown dwarf.
I still put my money on The Science Channel's 'Does Our Sun Have A Twin' segment of their show 'Spaced Out'.
Please go to their website for the video. I think you have to get permission to embed it here.
Oh and there are a few more theories, one posted recently, that are being shown on History International 'How The Earth Was Made'. I'm watching one now on the Marianas Trench and the 7 mile er pocket underneath it.
Some interesting times ladies and gents!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There’s no way to actually see the color of a brown dwarf unless you’re having the photons strike your eyeballs.However, this is certainly not the case for brown dwarfs. The organic soup of these objects may and do alter their SED (spectral energy distribution) allowing brown to be a strong candidate for their color.

Brown dwarfs are very difficult to find. They "glow only faintly", emitting most of their radiation in the infra-red bands. This is because they are below the 0.08 solar-mass stellar limit, and fail to ignite as stars in their own right. Instead, they emit radiation from energy left over from their formation.

So, I don't think we will see this till it is right upon us....
edit on 2-3-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

The Wikipedia article is referring to brown dwarfs outside of the galaxy. A brown dwarf has a similar composition to a gas giant and as such has the same reflectivity. As Jupiter is visible to the naked eye and a brown dwarf is several magnitudes larger than Jupiter, it would be visible to the naked eye quite some distance away. Throw a telescope into the mix and a brown dwarf would be visible to the point where it would be impossible for it to reach us in two years.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Interesting stuff, and informative info. Just curious as to what source you may be gathering your info from. Thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well I watched it. As long as he is not doctoring things, you cannot tell with anything. However he says sooner or later here, that we would see this covering mars from view.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

I think this is the article that shows the comparison between gas giants, brown dwarfs, and low-mass stars.

Atmospheric Chemistry in Giant Planets, Brown Dwarfs,
and Low-Mass Dwarf Star

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Alrighty, watched the video. Here's CLPrime's take

The astronomy aspects of the video are good. First of all, he does seem to know what he's doing with a telescope. He also knows that a brown dwarf should emit light mostly in the infrared range. I have argued before that a brown dwarf would be visible by now, but cooler brown dwarf are, admittedly, optically dimmer, and they would be indistinguishable from the field of stars.
Unfortunately, he also seems to be your typical conspiracy theorist (chem clouds? *sigh*), which knocks his credibility down a bit, but, if he's truly onto something, he should be able to overcome that. So, is he onto something?

Well, he is right that, where he's looking, there is nothing obvious to suggest the presence of a comet. However, it's debatable whether or not Elenin should have a tail by now. It's just entering the inner solar system, and that's when tails usually start to form. It might be some random, tiny point of light.

But, then, that doesn't account for the object he's pointing out, because that is (as far as I know) not the appearance of a comet. It actually looks like a star with some sort of accretion disk, given its elongated shape. It also matches the description of a brown dwarf, as I said, because it's very dim optically, but it becomes very visible in the infrared.

So, observationally, he has a case. Physically, not so much. This doesn't negate all of the replies I've posted on related threads stating how impossible the "Nibiru" scenario is. Give me a physically stable orbit and a reason why the brown dwarf's gravity is not perturbing the other planets and I will agree that there is possibly something to this.
edit on 2-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

Models of the universe may be different.

I bleieve in a holographic model, and that there are infinite space-time and density channels, so that instead of a flat plane of what could be called earth's universe, we would really have more of a collage or patchwork quilt universe.

We don't even know for certain its our brown dwarf.

We could all be rotating a bigger sun like alcyone, and for all we know this could be Sirius b, or any thing else, on its natural orbit, in cycle. Sirius A/b has been censored for a while now.

The point I'm making is not whether that is the actual case, but that we don't know what the actual case is.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So far it looks like the only one for sure incoming is the comet, and its not coming too close to us, if that is to be believed. The dwarf is probable, as NASA has admitted to something being several times bigger than Jupiter that they believe is there due to calculations. But that is an outright lie. They have pictures of the object, posted in various news articles since 1983, and in a text book when pioneer left our solar system. The only question is, is it incoming? The other one is, does it have to be, ie. allignments or disturbing the ort cloud.

But the point is, they lie.. And that means, who would ever take them seriously. Censor blocks on sirius, on the Soho items found, that happen to look like planetary bodies or something, round, and then craft shapes. All to close for their model of the sun to be realistic of course. Doctored pictures of mars, and space itself, blacking out stars. Its outrageous to even quote them a source. They're as credible as Sorcha Faal!

So because of their LIES, people are going to speculate up a storm, and rightfully so.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

As far as I know, NASA has never really given credence to the Tyche or Nemesis theory. These two theories are the brainchildren of university scientists. As for the objects spotted by IRAS in 1983, these were nine galaxies and an infrared cirrus. To this day IRAS has identified no new objects within the solar system.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Yes, and I just pointed out that they are so lower than Sorcha Faal on the credibility department, but I have followed the few articles that point to something being there. Also ones on the Fluff cloud that is a very high temperature, right outside our solar systems gate, and these unusal bars of magnetic stuff that is reaching into our solar system.

science.nasa.gov...
Something else this one.

They do publish quite a few tidbits, almost like they're Blue from Blue Clue's or soemthing, except that even that mutt has more credibility.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Yes, and I just pointed out that they are so much lower than Sorcha Faal on the credibility department, but I have followed the few articles that point to something being there. Also ones on the Fluff cloud that is a very high temperature, right outside our solar systems gate, and these unusal bars of magnetic stuff that is reaching into our solar system.

www.space.com...

science.nasa.gov...
Something else this one.

They do publish quite a few tidbits, almost like they're Blue from Blue Clue's or soemthing, except that even that mutt has more credibility.

If they were posting on a forum they would be hoaxed.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That first article you posted is in reference to Eris, the object that caused the creation of the dwarf planet classification. It is a known and named object that is hidden in no way.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
In addition to wildespace's observations, I'm going to take the liberty of doing my usual physics/math work.

The optical photo we're shown is Pluto, some other circled objects, and one object labelled "Nibiru". Judging by the brightness of the "Nibiru" object, which seems to be, at most, half as bright as Pluto, its apparent magnitude is around 17 or 18. We'll assume it's 17 to give this object the best possible chance of being a brown dwarf.

Now, the typical absolute magnitude of a brown dwarf is in the 15 range, but it is possible for cool brown dwarfs to be as dim as magnitude 19. Let's use magnitude 20 just for the heck of it.

The equation for finding distance from apparent and absolute magnitude is:

m = M + 5(log[d] - 1)

where m = apparent magnitude
M = absolute magnitude
d = distance, in parsecs

Plugging the numbers in, we get:

17 = 20 + 5(log[d] - 1)
0.4 = log[d]
d = 10^0.4 = 2.5118864315 parsecs

This is equal to 518,114 AU.
This is the closest a brown dwarf could possible be to look the way it does in the image.
Obviously, there is no possible way for a brown dwarf this dim to be anywhere near our solar system.

You cannot say that for certain. The term brown dwarf was just added in 1995, and since then many, many additions to the term, and subcategories have been added.

There is even the recent theory floating around that our solar system itself rotates around a centre point of gravity much like the planets do around the sun. so while the planets are rotating around the sun, our entire solar system is like a planet and rotating around something else. this theory then allows for the possibility of our solar system colliding with other objects.

who knows if during this rotation our solar system doesn't bump into another at a certain point that contains a brown dwarf or monstrous gaseous planet that then is forced to pass through our system(as there are physical no boarders in space....)? it is just one of the many possibilities of how the object has entered our orbit.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by loagun

The Wikipedia article is referring to brown dwarfs outside of the galaxy. A brown dwarf has a similar composition to a gas giant and as such has the same reflectivity. As Jupiter is visible to the naked eye and a brown dwarf is several magnitudes larger than Jupiter, it would be visible to the naked eye quite some distance away. Throw a telescope into the mix and a brown dwarf would be visible to the point where it would be impossible for it to reach us in two years.

What?? No. Can you see pluto with the naked eye? Pluto can reflect light, a brown dwarf cannot. obviously the article is going to talk about the brown dwarfs in 'other' solar systems because it hasn't been proven(as is obvious with the information/disinformation current world war on this subject) of the existence of one in our own solar sytem.

however, seeing as most star systems are either twins or triplet's, or groups, and NASA is trying to pass off our own solar system as being unique with it's single sun because it is a "only child"(Yes, we are always 'unique', and our sun is just a baby.... right), i will tend to lean towards the actual proven evidence of the multiple star system as the norm.

however i guess it is possible our system is 'unique', or merely our solar system is asexual(or gay).

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make. Pluto can't be seen with the naked eye because it is extremely small. It has the mass of .002 Earths. If it were larger it would be highly visible as it is very reflective. A brown dwarf on the other hand would be multiple times the size of Jupiter and be about the same reflectivity. Jupiter alone is 158,900 times the size of Pluto, so a brown dwarf would be at least a million times the size of Pluto.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagunPluto can reflect light, a brown dwarf cannot.
That would be incorrect. A brown dwarf would reflect light much the same as Jupiter would. It might even emit some of its own light.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join