It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex and The City best moments!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have always loved this show and I didn't start to watch it until a friend of mine let me borrow her DVD set of the first two seasons, after that I was hooked. I always like Carrie and Charlotte. I'm a perfect match between the two, my love life is more tragic like Carries lol Anyway this is not for people to bash the show.

Post your favorite moments of the show or movies. For the record I watched the second one recently and didn't like it. It was horrible but that is just my opinion.

So I was watching the episode where Burger breaks up with Carrie on a post it note. It made me laugh because I realized Carrie's situation was worse than a FB message
hehe. Then it came to the scene where she tells Burgers friends off in a sense...LOL I love it!

Then there is this one I love

So if you like SATC add your fav scenes
I need some girl discusion lol

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The best moment is when it went off the air! Thus ending a show that is known to cause cancer in rats!
edit on 2-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Even the mention of that show makes me shudder.

Not a show I expected to read about on ATS

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
The best moment is when it went off the air! Thus ending a show that is known to cause cancer in rats!
edit on 2-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

Wow a troll. You obviously didn't read my thread.

I specifically said this is not so you can bash the damn show. Please go elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Even the mention of that show makes me shudder.

Not a show I expected to read about on ATS

Well you are new and this is the BTS side under television. ATS isn't all serious and conspiracy, Maybe you should look around the site before you make silly comments.

Nobody said you had to click or even respond. Also I said this is not for show bashing.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Anyway this is not for people to bash the show.

When you post a worthless thread in regards to a tv show ( much less any other topic ), on a public forum, which btw, embraces the 1st Amendment Right, and knowingly participate in a website where comments and opinions are robust, you cant expect all opinions to be in favor of the show. Thus suggesting your naivety for even stating, " this is not for people to bash the show".

Surely you knew that some comments were going to conflict with your own views in regards to this show? If you didn't, you should have never posted this thread to begin with~

Major thread FAIL!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's in a TV forum...you knew the show being discussed from the thread title...but yes, the OP should expect to hear from all viewpoints.

OP, don't worry about it...but also, don't be surprised if not too much discussion on it. Kind of like some of the shows I watch...I think this is one that folks won't admit to..even with the anonymity of the Internet...odd as that is...

I tried watching an episode or two (probably for the promise of nudity), and wasn't impressed enough to try it a third time, but to each their own. Obviously, many people liked the show from it's ratings, and the first movie's success.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Anyway this is not for people to bash the show.

When you post a worthless thread in regards to a tv show ( much less any other topic ), on a public forum, which btw, embraces the 1st Amendment Right, and knowingly participate in a website where comments and opinions are robust, you cant expect all opinions to be in favor of the show. Thus suggesting your naivety for even stating, " this is not for people to bash the show".

Surely you knew that some comments were going to conflict with your own views in regards to this show? If you didn't, you should have never posted this thread to begin with~

Major thread FAIL!

Um do you NOT see what forum this is??

You need to get out of your basement and realize there are other things in this world and on this forum that don't involve aliens, ufos, nibiru, reptilians, illuminati, BP, earthquakes, egyptians and the list goes on. This is the TV forum in BTS which is belowtopsecret. LOOK at the forums in it. Oh wow see! NOT conspiracy ones...so this is MY thread on a TV SHOW I like and want to discuss with OTHERS who like it. Also with it being MY thread I reserve the right to put stipulations on it. I want to discuss funny happy moments of the show with other fans that I know are on here and obviously you are not one so why even click on a thread with a title of something you don't like? Makes no sense....

Anyway....

This is another scene that makes me laugh

I love it..She corrects the robber and he knows her Manolo's....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Haha I read your threads on the shows you watch. I watch them too. I started watching V again. Was that you who made the V thread?

I put that I didn't want show bashing because that is what always happens in here lately even on BTS. If I wanted to interact with people who bash the show I'd be on internet movie data base. That is nothing but bashing. I find the scenes hilarious and I'm sure if the ones who hated it even watched some, they too would laugh.

Sometimes I just want to have a nice discussion and not have my thread derailed by people who shouldn't even click or respond anyway. If they don't like it why even click on the thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

When the end credits roll.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I started the first V thread, but as another, later one had more replies, I went ahead and closed mine.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
sorry OP i think a lot of people on ATS dont like the show

I wont even begin to say how much i dislike that show and the negative impact it has on women and it so called liberating messages and so called humour..ughh...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
sorry OP i think a lot of people on ATS dont like the show

I wont even begin to say how much i dislike that show and the negative impact it has on women and it so called liberating messages and so called humour..ughh...

I don't care what people on here like honestly.

Also if anyone who really watched the show you would see it's not as bad as people make it. People base their opinions on an episode or two. I have seen every single episode in the series and if you watched it you would see but it's fine you don't.

You think women don't discuss the show in depth, well we do. The show is geared toward women and as a women I get the show. It's cheesey and vulgar at times but it's a show meant for adults not young teens. The thoughts that are read out loud by SJP throughout the show that have to do with her articles make a lot of sense AS a women. I was watching it last night, re-run which sucks because they edit a lot of the show, but either way, the episode was a cheesy one but the message behind it made sense and I can relate to it.

People want to trash SATC for how it is yet they love Jersey Shore and Bad Girls Club. Makes no sense to me. SATC if fictional, the others are real people acting like skanks and morons on purpose to get attention.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Yeah it makes sense to middle aged women who are desperate to hang onto what youth they have left, and to justify their existence by sexual means. SURE why not, each to their own. Im sure so many women can relate to that on an every day level, the way i relate to supernatural, cos im a monster hunter who gets all the chicks and drives an awesome car

Shows like this have NO benefit to society. A lot of shows dont, however this one makes things worse..as does that jersey shore and kardashians rubbish which i dont see any one here defending at all by the way.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I absolutely like, like, like this show...It is fun, witty and interesting...I found parts of myself in all of the women...One of my favorite scenes is when Mr. Big follows Carrie to Paris and they reunite...it makes me believe love is possible again. I am sorry the show went off the air.....thank the TV gods for reruns!

Caladonea
edit on 28-4-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

top topics

join