It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea burys animals alive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Here is a sick and disturbing video of South Korean farmers buring live animals with foot and mouth disease.
Just how low can humanity sink, and if you think oh it's just pigs, well they have feeling to just like your cats and dogs.

I hate to see scenes like this where people just don't care about the welfare of animals and cause so much unnecessary pain and suffering to other living beings in the name of profit and saving money.

edition.cnn.com...#/video/business/2011/03/01/hancocks.skorea.foot.mouth.cnn?hpt=Mid

South Korean animal rights groups allege that pigs infected with foot and mouth disease are being buried alive.

edit on 2-3-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The video information = The ugly reality of being a farmer on the other end of a disaster such as this disease.

Facts are the farmers are already 'out' their livelihood when necessity commands they must destroy their animals.

To add financial insult to the injury of loosing their livelihood is just not a viable consideration. I'm sure the cost to either shoot or lethally inject these animals would be astronomical.

Do I like it?

NO!

Is it reality?

When the almighty dollar is involved? You bet.

peace
edit on 2-3-2011 by silo13 because: add a grrrr!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think this is more the case. A star for you. The almighty buck once again raising its ugly head.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Sadly, most other countries simply don't see animals the way we in the west do. They tend to see animals and unfeeling unthinking biological machines...no more deserving of humane treatment than a toaster.

I found out that my Bro-in-Law's father would bury live puppies when their dog gave birth...he just didn't see any need for them.... and he's a nice guy!...
He just BELIEVES that they don't have any 'human' like senses...i.e don't feel pain like we do, don't have emotions like we do.

..Its a very sad and disturbing opinion of animals left over from the 'olden days'... and yes it is appalling

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
"Don't Eat The Meat"

That should be S.Korea's new slogan. They are facing the worst case of Foot & Mouth outbreak ever... It's so bad that there is practically a complete news blackout about it. The last I heard, there was a nationwide quarantine.

Livestock, chickens, ducks, swine and anything thats not swimming in the sea was being quarantined. And Obama is soon to submit a ratified FTA agreement to congress. And EU is following suit as well. I guess that would make an undeniable binding agreement to come to S.Korea's aid if anything would go down on the Korean Peninsula (aka= "Protecting National Interests").... Very Interesting..

My other thought is.... Was this an intentional outbreak?
edit on 2-3-2011 by JWash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You know after watching that YT video, I noticed several things...

1.) They're allowing the disease to fester underground (perfect breeding ground).

2.) Birds/Rodents will surely be by to pick and dig up any remains left (oops, another outbreak)...

3.) The disease will runoff into the ground or water supply due to blood/water/bodily fluids, etc (oops).

4.) Vents are coming up from the buried livestock? (not to sure about that one, need help)

5.) And lastly... How safe are those vaccines, that the farmers keep injecting into their livestock? (I suppose time will tell)

In a strange way, S.Korea's Meat Industry reminds me of the book: "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclaire... No wonder S.Korea's economy is doing surprisingly good among tanking economies. Hmmm...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have recently found another video of this burying

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree but just wonder how the story would play out if it was North Korea doing this..

Also, as another poster pointed out, burying does not kill the disease..
They should really be burnt....

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

Starred but I couldn't watch the video.

Pray that I never am brought before the Intergalactic Federation and asked
or
on humanity's survival.

At this point I would say, without a serious upgrade, a big dose of sugar and spice and everything nice, no.

It not only happens in South Korea, it happens every day all around the globe.

Animals are looked upon as things, no voice, no vote, no say.............eternal slavery unto a ruling creature called man.

Most people I reckon are decent and kind, but still so many are heartless.

I just did a post called Why? That's all it's called about a dog being thrown from a car.

Sometimes I feel like I really am from another planet, Earth, while a really beautiful planet - her ruling inhabitants are wasteful, selfish, disrespectful to both each other and "lower" life forms and brutal. Brutal even without being aware of it.

My doctor says I can't go Vegan, tried for two years.

So, I buy chicken from a small farm in my state that we have visited and made sure the chickens were free range.

We buy some Wild Alaskan Salmon.

Now that I'm older I only require about 2-3 ounces of protein a day and I do eat rice and beans.

America is just as bad as South Korea - read Slaughterhouse by Gail A Eisnitz.

My girl friend's brother works in a slaughter house and he says they have to process so many "items" every minute. If a animal gets through and isn't stunned, so be it and the stun guns aren't turned up high enough, many get through and well I'm not going to go into detail as it is against ATS rules.

Read the book, but not around meal time.

I don't know, I can't wrap my brain around humanity's inhumanity.

top topics

join