It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Underground Chamber Discovered On the Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There is an interesting Story at Gizmodo:

Giant Underground Chamber Discovered On the Moon Jesus Diaz — Giant Underground Chamber Discovered On the MoonBack in 2009, the Japanese Space Agency JAXA announced moon hole deep enough to contain a small human base. Now, the Indian Space Research Organization has discovered a "giant underground chamber" near the Moon's equator, in the Oceanus Procellarum area. The huge cave— discovered by the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft—is more than one mile long (1.7 kilometers) and 393 feet wide (120 meters). By comparison, the vertical hole that Jaxa discovered was only 213 feet (65 meters across) and 289 feet deep (88 meters). This new chamber is big enough to contain a small lunar city or a secret Nazi base with a few thousand UFOs.

Read the full Story here ...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfher

yeah I saw the story earlier today. Gizmodo posted the link on their twitter account, I just didn't post it because it doesn't talk about aliens nor ufos (well... just the idea something could be in it, including nazis)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfher

What's with the Nazi ufo comment?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sounded iteresting until I read "secret Nazi base" now I am no longer interested, it spoilt it for me.

However what's abnormal about a big cave on the moon? We have plenty of caves on earth are they full of thousands of UFOs? Or secret Nazi basis I don't think so.

edit on 1/3/11 by simples because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hopefully this is indeed fact. It has been speculated on quite a bit among the conspiracy theorists.

Whether it is alien or not, if this is fact, it will definitely hold some interesting details about the builders and the process of it's construction.

It could be aliens there from the ancient past, or even from present times.

It could be humans from ancient times past, who had incredible advanced tech, or they could be from the present.

I assume if it was something that is real and from our present generations we would never hear about it, but I also think we would never hear about it if it is indeed real and not some anamoly.

Maybe this is how we are going to be introduced to aliens...

Another speculation for me is the idea that it could be the landing point for aliens or ancient humans on their way to or from Earth. The thing is, about this type of information, that countless idea and theories about it can be tossed around - without anyone ever being close to accurate.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

some people believe that during WW2 hitler and the Nazis made friends with aliens, built a space port in antarctica and on the moon, the aliens giving the nazis advanced weapons.

This is patently absurd for several reasons.

1. The Nazis lost, we should be able to just stop there.
2. The Nazis, well, Germany leading up to the nazi movement, was a master of technology innovation, this race between them and the brits brought about some of the most amazing tech we take for granted today. Beyond being heavily involved in scientific discovery, they were also ruthless in their record keeping. Each and every technology developed during those years was well documented and can be traced right back from first conception to final product.

In fact, it has come to light in later years that the Nazis were very VERY close to developing an atomic weapon. If not for a heavy water plant in (norway?) being sabotaged, they might have actually got to the testing phase. The nazis were masters of eugenics (learned from the US of A). they developed sythetic oil when their oil reserves were depleted.

Radar, jet engines, ballistic missiles. All of this comes out of Nazi Germany and had no help from little green or grey men.
edit on 1-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This just in, the lunar cut-out is big enough to contain 32 blue whales, or 145 volkswagons.

It is big enough to contain 245 hitler robots and a bunch of nazi ufos.

IT'S BIG ENOUGH TO CONTAIN 75 TONS OF BANANAS!!!!!!!!

edit on 1-3-2011 by RestingInPieces because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
What's with the Nazi ufo comment?

Ummm you don't know?

HALF A CENTURY OF THE GERMAN MOON BASE
(1942 - 1992)
greyfalcon.us...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

I agree that speculating about it being a secret Nazi Base does throw the credibility under the bus a bit. It doesn't completely ruin it for me, though. There are many things that have happened because of humans and many of those things we never hear about. Nazi Germany was one of the leaders in High Technology of their time, but have to agree that I don't think they built bases on the moon... until evidence proves otherwise.

We (human race) did just discover a massive cave in Vietnam, larger than any previous cave discovered.

Or it could be the cockpit used to fly the moon into position around earth!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Any pics? Coordinates? Other verifying sources? The field across from our neighborhood is big enough to accommodate a Nazi UFO base. Maybe we should check it out closer.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That video was worth all of the crap I've sifted through on this site to date. BRAVO!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
Sounded iteresting until I read "secret Nazi base" now I am no longer interested, it spoilt it for me.
The Nazi comment was a joke, Jesus Diaz was using something called sarcasm
edit on 1-3-2011 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I wonder how a cave can form on the moon.

On Earth, all (or nearly all) caves are formed by water.

Lots and lots of water...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
the nazi's didn't lose, they just traded sides lol

Welcome to America

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NashvilleCat
I wonder how a cave can form on the moon.

On Earth, all (or nearly all) caves are formed by water.

Lots and lots of water...

That is an excellent point, probably it will be dismissed loosely by saying a huge meteorite did it but if so then that means is not a cave because its blocked? It clearly states is not and it is indeed a cave so you make a very valid point. How stupid is Nasa if they think we don't know they already knew about this?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

ZORGON! you are awesome, haha. You are like a concious computer. Always seem to produce interesting posts and videos very quickly... the force is with you!

Do you really believe that, in fact, the Nazi's made it to the moon or is that a sarcastic post?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Enter Ruin

Just a lil bit of advice sarcasm doesn't work well on the net.

Ok so does anybody know how deep it is? Could it be a couple of meters or hundreds?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples

Just a lil bit of advice sarcasm doesn't work well on the net.

Just a little bit of info for you, Im not Jesus Diaz, neither I used sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I'm not getting in a slagging match sorry far to mature for that.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hmm, well there was speculation about water on the Moon, either that once occured naturally or came from the ice of a meteor or comet but as someone said, how would it form a cave and not fill the gap upon impact?

I guess in a way, if this is real and true, it gives Buzz Aldrin a little credence in his statements of secret bases on the Moon and Mars.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join