It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Underground Chamber Discovered On the Moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by colbyforce
What's with the Nazi ufo comment?

Ummm you don't know?

HALF A CENTURY OF THE GERMAN MOON BASE
(1942 - 1992)
greyfalcon.us...

My thoughts are that it is very subtle advertising for 'Iron Sky'.
We'll see a few more 'nazi ufo' mentions yet, I'm sure!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What I'd want to know is how a cave that big hasn't been collapsed by meteor strikes over the years.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Just a little more advice....
sarcasm works fine if you have the ability to perceive it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NashvilleCat
I wonder how a cave can form on the moon.

On Earth, all (or nearly all) caves are formed by water.

Lots and lots of water...

Lava.
It could be a lava tube.

In this image...

...you can see a "rille" that looks like a crack. That particular rille is thought to have been created by an underground lava stream that formed a hollow tube (a cave), which then collapsed. Some of the crater-like holes along the inside of the rille were probably created by pools of lava hollowing out underground chambers, which also then collapsed -- something like a how a sinkhole can be formed by water on Earth.

If there are collapsed lava tubes on the moon, then I suppose there could also be some non-collapsed tubes -- i.e, in-tact caves.

edit on 3/1/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The chances of a meteor impact creating a good size cave is unlikely. meteors create craters. not caves. as far as my knowledge goes i dont think there is any evidence or was any of water being ever present on the moon. in fact wasnt it NASA who said when one of the space probes first landed on the moon that it rang like a bell. that the moon was hollow. idk about you but i bet if you go deep enough in that cave there is something in there.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i think we should defiantly use the cave for a base and safe haven to make sure human life continues in the event like a asteroid hitting earth.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

Eh?

" 'Significant' water found on Moon "

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.nasa.gov...

www.space.com...

Going slightly further - www.msnbc.msn.com...

It's possible that water formed the cave mentioned in the OP - interesting concept of probes/bases being located inside. I wonder if these are more numerous, they would inturn manifest this 'bell ringing' resonance effect.
edit on 1-3-2011 by ainsley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
saw this on gizmodo too. no decent pics anywhere to be found. something that has always bothered me is why we've never gone back (officially). there are pro-sumer telescopes capable of capturing so much detail now. why aren't we being flooded with more proof?

it was really cool seeing that one astronomer's stitched photos of the various 'tracks' on the moon showing that stuff is definitely moving around up there.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Okay everyone. Let's take a deep breath and think for a minute.

Has anyone considered the possibilty that this, and other 'unknown' formations on the Moon may be the reason the Apollo program was cancelled pre-maturely?

We need to sit back and think about how this underground chamber was formed. It sure wasn't formed by running water cutting away at softer material that's for sure.

Nice find. Flag and star though this leads to more questions.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The guy who wrote that article just cannot wait for "Transformer 3" or "Apollo 18" to be relased.
I believe there are bases on moon, mars, and God-know-where, BUT they cannot that easy to be discovered, if they were that easy, then we would not have any conspiracy theories.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join