It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
I recently went on a ghost hunt with 20 friends to Salmsbury Hall, the most haunted house in Preston, Lancashire, UK. This photo was taken of me in the chapel room, im not sure if its something to do with the camera, or something paranormal. Just wanted to see what people think

If you want any more info feel free to ask

img9.uploadhouse.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Wow that is weird.

I'm no camera master, so I couldn't tell you the first thing about what could physically cause it. But I saw a picture of a friend who was at a graveyard, and the same thing happened, except it was her hand.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CandiceZ

I'd have to say it's something with the camera.

If you look at the overall picture, you can see a lens flare. Feint big and orange around and radiating from the brighter focus of the anomaly.

cheers for posting

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
yeah I had noticed that, I was hoping it is something paranormal cos I want to believe!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CandiceZ
Hi everyone,
I recently went on a ghost hunt with 20 friends to Salmsbury Hall, the most haunted house in Preston, Lancashire, UK. This photo was taken of me in the chapel room, im not sure if its something to do with the camera, or something paranormal. Just wanted to see what people think

If you want any more info feel free to ask

img9.uploadhouse.com...

Hey there CandiceZ,

Interesting picture ...

did you 'feel' anything whilst you were in the room at all ...

can you recall if you felt any pressure / chill / heat around your arms when the picture was taken ...

I'm assuming that somewhere in the main part of the Hall there would have been portraits hanging on the walls ... if so was there one of a young woman with blonde / light brown hair ...

Do you know if the Hall was effected by the plague at anytime thoughout it's history.

Thanks in advance. Woody

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

yeah I had noticed that, I was hoping it is something paranormal cos I want to believe!

If the BoogeyMan comes, you'd change your mind.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
[

Hey there CandiceZ,

Interesting picture ...

can you recall if you felt any pressure / chill / heat around your arms when the picture was taken ...

I'm assuming that somewhere in the main part of the Hall there would have been portraits hanging on the walls ... if so was there one of a young woman with blonde / light brown hair ...

Do you know if the Hall was effected by the plague at anytime thoughout it's history.

Thanks in advance. Woody

Hi, yeah we all felt a bit ill when we went in this room, a lot of us had headaches. I cant really remember what feeling I got when I was sat in the chair, but whenever I was in this room I was getting chills, and at one point my right hand was freezing. Yes there was a portrait of a young woman in the main part of the hall. We did ouija board and we were speaking to her apparently. She said she did not like it in that room. I dont think the hall was affected by the plague. I know a guy hung his self in the chapel so maybe that describes the feelings we got. We only found this out after btw.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

[

Hey there CandiceZ,

Interesting picture ...

Thanks in advance. Woody

Hi, yeah we all felt a bit ill when we went in this room, a lot of us had headaches. I cant really remember what feeling I got when I was sat in the chair, but whenever I was in this room I was getting chills, and at one point my right hand was freezing. Yes there was a portrait of a young woman in the main part of the hall. We did ouija board and we were speaking to her apparently. She said she did not like it in that room. I dont think the hall was affected by the plague. I know a guy hung his self in the chapel so maybe that describes the feelings we got. We only found this out after btw.

The reason I asked about the young woman was because I took a closer look at your picture and enlarged it for more detail ... what I can see is the head and shoulders of a young woman imprinted / projected onto your front (from your waist down) with a fair complexion and light hair caught back into the nape of her neck ... she looks to have a lowcut blouse / dress on with a deep scoop neckline ... and she's looking to the left of the picture ... I would put her at about 18-20yrs old.

And to the right as if looking around from behind you there is a weird face ... looks like it's wearing a mask ... the reason I asked about the plague was because it reminded me of one of those beaked masks that the doctors (quacks) used to wear during outbreaks of plague.

Woody

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
When I enlarged it it looks like a picture in a frame although I see a girl looking straight at the camera with shoulder length wavy blonde/fair hair, shes wearing a dress? (can't see lower than just above her waist) with a round neckline and short sleeves.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

was there any sort of light around that person

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
no there wasnt any light around me, thats why I find this picture weird

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Interesting, thanks. Iv found a bit more info on Salmsbury hall u might like-

Like many other ancient houses Samlesbury Hall is said to be haunted. It is impossible to say when this belief originated but it was probably first written down by T. T. Wilkinson in 1875 in his "Legends and Traditions of Lancashire"

“Tradition states that during his [Sir John, died 1595] later years one of his daughters had formed an intimate acquaintance with the heir of a neighbouring knightly house. The attachment was mutual, and nothing was wanting to complete their happiness except the consent of the lady's father.

Sir John was thereupon consulted, but the tale of their devoted attachment only served to increase his rage, and he dismissed the supplicants with the most bitter denunciations. "No daughter of his should ever be united to the son of a family which had deserted its ancestral faith," and he forebade the youth his presence for ever.

Difficulty, however, only served to increase the ardour of the devoted lovers, and after many secret interviews along the wooded slopes of the Ribble, an elopement was agreed upon, in hope that time would bring her father's pardon. The day and place were unfortunately overheard by one of the lady's brothers, who was hiding in a thicket close by, and he determined to prevent what he considered his sister's disgrace.

On the evening agreed upon, both parties met at the place appointed, and as the young knight moved away with his betrothed, her brother rushed from his hiding place and slew both him and his two friends by whom he was accompanied.

The bodies were secretly buried within the precincts of the domestic chapel at the Hall, and Lady Dorothy was sent abroad to a convent, where she was kept under strict surveillance. Her mind at last gave way. The name of her murdered lover was ever on her lips, and she died a raving maniac.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Thanks for the extra information ... I'm a total sponge when it comes to history

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I have no idea what it is than

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Ok, um thanks

new topics

top topics

join