It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Peruvian site forces experts to re-think past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Archaeologists have discovered a group of ancient tombs in the mountainous jungle of southeastern Peru they say is as important as the discovery of the lost city of Machu Picchu.

Feb. 25, 2011

The tombs belonging to the Wari culture were found on the jungle-covered eastern slope of the Andes in Cuzco department at a long-abandoned city thought to be the last redoubt of Inca resistance to Spanish colonial rule.

The Waris, a pre-Inca civilization, had an enormous cultural impact in the Andean region between 600 and 1200. The Inca empire (around 1400 to 1532) was the largest pre-Columbian empire in the Americas.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8379b4467724.jpg[/atsimg]
Objects found in so-called Lord of the Wari tomb, discovered by archeologists in southeastern Peru. The Waris, a pre-Inca civilization, had an enormous cultural impact in the Andean region between 600 and 1200.

www.physorg.com...

This is being compared to finding Machu Picchu, and is very important.

Some of the finds are y-shaped silver chest plate, a silver mask, two golden bracelets with feline figures and two wooden walking sticks laminated with silver in the tomb of a high-ranking personality called the Lord of Wari which may prove that there was a pre-Incan civilization.

Archaeologists are still hoping to find more in the area including a city. If South America and the African Continent were one at one time they may continue to find artifacts and objects much older in the future, some could be related to Africa.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
South America probably has a number of advanced settlements that are still undiscovered.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Trophy Skull Sheds Light on Ancient Wari Empire
January 24, 2007

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42cd12ae174d.jpg[/atsimg]
Cotocotuyoc trophy skull showing cut nasal area and gold alloy pins used to fasten the scalp back on for public desplay. This Wari warrior, excavated by Earthwatch volunteers working with Dr. Mary Glowacki, was approximately 30 years old and had survived several head injuries.Courtesy of Mary Glowacki

A team of archaeologists and Earthwatch volunteers led by Dr. Mary Glowacki and Louis Tesar uncovered an elite Wari cemetery at Cotocotuyoc this past summer in Peru’s Huaro Valley, near Cuzco. Among their finds was a “trophy skull,” which offers insight into warfare in the Wari Empire based here from 1,500 to 1,000 years ago.

www.physorg.com...

This is related to this area, the skull was found in 20007 in the Wari cemetery and likely that of a warrior because of scars and abrasions that showed evidence of healing. They estimate he may have been around age 30.
The artifacts shown in the original article have been found since this time period and hopefully more to come, it may be a major treasure trove.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
If South America and the African Continent were one at one time they may continue to find artifacts and objects much older in the future, some could be related to Africa.

I've given you a flag for the post, but I'm not sure the above quote was mentioned. Could you elaborate and/or provide evidence of this opinion?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

If South America and the African Continent were one at one time they may continue to find artifacts and objects much older in the future, some could be related to Africa.

I've given you a flag for the post, but I'm not sure the above quote was mentioned. Could you elaborate and/or provide evidence of this opinion?

There is evidence that at one time there were not seperate continents, it was all one big landmass for the most part. If you look at the Eastern Coast of South America and the Western Coast of Africa you can see that fit pretty well.

This information was not in the article, something I read reminded me of past and what the earth looked like.

What was Earth called when it was one continent?

Earth has had several supercontinents form and break up during its 4600 million year history. The most recent and best known supercontinent was called Pangaea or sometimes Pangea. It accreted about 300 million years ago and broke apart during the Triassic and Jurassic Periods of the Mesozoic--an era famous for dinosaurs. It split into the landmasses Gondwanaland and Laurasia which in turn eventually divided into the continents we know today. Extensive fossil, geochemical, paleomagnetic, and tectonic evidence exists for Pangaea whose name comes from the Greek for "all earth." Panthalassa was the name of the "all sea" which was the global ocean.

wiki.answers.com...

edit on 1-3-2011 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

SnF and it was called Pangium I believe. Amazing and a raree find for archeologists. I know they must be stoked to find untouched tombs like this. Good for them and thanks for shareing my lady.
edit on 1-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Your welcome my friend, glad you liked it, I find the Peruvian finds are more interesting then Egypt's. It seems that the information coming out of Egypt and Giza Plateau is corrupted.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Haha, I understand Pangea. However, that was 250 million years ago. Far before any African artifacts would be found in South America, far before the existence of mammals even. If we were talking about paleontology, then I would understand completely. But human artifacts not even a couple thousand years old? Of course not. I don't see your logic.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Technically archaeologists and anthropologists know that South America has advanced civilizations. The largest city in the world at the time of Columbus' journey was in South America housing over 30 million people.

Still an interesting find though.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This is an amazing find, though not surprising, as I believe the jungle holds many more secrets, although I am hoping they are careful when going looking through these jungles as to not upset the natural balance that now resides in these places.

South America is a very interesting place, especially with all of the culture that has been lost not just ancient but even more recent as well. Sometimes I try to visualize what the Americas would look like had they not been colonized, plundered and infected by the other continents.

Much of the Indigenous American history was word of mouth, and when the populations were culled due to colonization, plundering and infection, much of the history was lost that we now have to go back and find sites and piece back together the history of the Americas. Luckily some of the histories do remain, some as nothing more than myths and legends, but they those myths and legends did help to uncover some of the past. New satellite imagery does help as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
Technically archaeologists and anthropologists know that South America has advanced civilizations. The largest city in the world at the time of Columbus' journey was in South America housing over 30 million people.

I will caution you that the term 'advanced civilizations' tends to have a different connotation on this site.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
This is an amazing find, though not surprising, as I believe the jungle holds many more secrets, although I am hoping they are careful when going looking through these jungles as to not upset the natural balance that now resides in these places.

I agree, there are many, many thing's that are located around our planet that haven't been discovered as of yet. And with all the new technologies available such as satellite imaging and the like have very little effect on the environment other than being a peeping tom, so to speak.

South America is a very interesting place, especially with all of the culture that has been lost not just ancient but even more recent as well. Sometimes I try to visualize what the Americas would look like had they not been colonized, plundered and infected by the other continents.

I don't understand, "especially with all of the culture that has been lost not just ancient but even more recent as well." statement? Are you speaking of species of animal life or recent tribal life?
And actually, the colonization began when they had initially inhabited the region of South America.

Much of the Indigenous American history was word of mouth, and when the populations were culled due to colonization, plundering and infection, much of the history was lost that we now have to go back and find sites and piece back together the history of the Americas. Luckily some of the histories do remain, some as nothing more than myths and legends, but they those myths and legends did help to uncover some of the past. New satellite imagery does help as well.

Pre-Inca may have had something very similar to the Code-cs found in the Aztec and Mayan culture's, they always expressed themselves with either celestial or cosmic pictograph's. If it weren't for the code-cs found of the Mayan era saved by a priest, we would have absolutely no knowledge of the 2012 predictions or cataloged information from the Mayan long count calendar.
As fort eh legends of those days, I am inclined to believe that the term that we use to describe such cultures allows us to be vain to the "High" probability that they were trying to reflect factual based events and stories, we just have to much of closed minded individuals that fail to meet on common ground for the basis of such matters.

As for the OP, Here ya go. Though it is North of the find you have mentioned, the land bridge has allowed a veritable plethora of homosapiens/ erect humans through to these regions in the past:

The face of "Luzia" was reconstructed using modern forensic methods and its morphology painstakingly analyzed by craniometric measurements. The reconstruction brought to light and and the measurements confirmed that "Luzia" was not a mongoloid Amerindian but had features indicating a possibly Australoid or southeast Asian ancestry. When it was dated to around 11,500 to 12,500 years ago (the oldest human remains found so far in the Americas), the sensation was perfect.

Second oldest human found in the Americas

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Evidence? Everything I've learned in college has me believing that Teotihuacan, the largest pre-Columbian city, housed 200k people. FAR away from 30 million. Chicago doesn't even house 30 million.

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

I will caution you that the term 'advanced civilizations' tends to have a different connotation on this site.

I gave you a star for this. It made me laugh, you are so right.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage

Since the jungles and rainforest's in South America are so rich in vegetation it is easy for these ancient sites to be grown over rather quickly.

As beautiful as some parts of America are I cannot imagine what it would look like if left pristine, especially with all the dams that have been built over time, if the water flow had been left alone that would be something to behold.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Evidence? Everything I've learned in college has me believing that Teotihuacan, the largest pre-Columbian city, housed 200k people. FAR away from 30 million. Chicago doesn't even house 30 million.

Think further research may be in order, I learned a lot of things in college that I am finding out today just are not accurate. Sure they are still teaching the same ole things today.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Think further research may be in order, I learned a lot of things in college that I am finding out today just are not accurate. Sure they are still teaching the same ole things today.

Well, as a member of the American Anthropology Association and attend a school pretty well known in anthropology and archaeology, I think my professors aren't wrong. In fact two of them are primarily Inca, Moche, Andean area archaeologists.

Also, there's nothing online that says anything against them. Except Von Daniken, and everybody outside the ATS world knows he's a complete nutcase and a disgrace to our species, anthropology, and archaeology wholly.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Well, as a member of the American Anthropology Association and attend a school pretty well known in anthropology and archaeology, I think my professors aren't wrong. In fact two of them are primarily Inca, Moche, Andean area archaeologists.

So, "Can you explain how the Aztec/Inca/Mayan civilizations Was not from Asia via Antarctica to south America And the discovery of buried Human mummies in Northern Chile that were tested to be 9,000 years old? this would require trekking by men, women and children over thousands of miles of frozen terrain, and why would such a journey 20,000 or 30,000 years ago, unless they were told there was a promised land beyond the Ice?"

Also, there's nothing online that says anything against them. Except Von Daniken, and everybody outside the ATS world knows he's a complete nutcase and a disgrace to our species, anthropology, and archaeology wholly.

I think this is a very rude comment to make for it is what it is "A possibility" of all questions and answers laid before us thus far. Von Daniken isn't disrespected as you may think, he has , like others of these "Theories" , he has spooked mainstream science to an alternate way of digesting and approaching the "Possible Truth" of what was inevitably going to be answered. We are very much aware that the Mainstream scientists and respectable people of these fields don't want to "HAVE TO" rewrite the history books for lack of seemingly open minded insight.
Until Oppenheimer split the Atom, he had no idea of it's implications to the devastation it caused, same principal applies to individuals such as Von Daniken, graham Hancock, Zechariah Sitchin and other researcher's going back literally century's for the sciences yet not discovered of our past as a civilization.
Though these writers and postulation's of this kind of science aren't readily accepted as true science, there remains a part that still allows there works to be published as "Non-Fictional" researches. before we write these off as nothing more than "Mad Men that are lunatics" kind of analogy's, there may come a day when people like you will eat their words of disrespect and out right slander.

And by the way, if you could answer the above questions of the migration thesis, I would be grateful. For if you truly do think you have the irrefutable answer, and doing so with both sides of the hypothetical and accepted theories, it will have been a "True balance of scientific analytical awareness" as it should be.

top topics

join