It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threat to Humanity - Part 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have just stumbled upon this chap called Chris Thomas and watched the first ten minutes of this interview...

www.youtube.com...

I want to continue watching but it's very late here and I have an early start for work but I'm wondering if other ATSers have heard of this guy or read any of his books?

From what I've heard already, from the 10 mins I've watched, I'm extremely intrigued and would like any info you might have on this guy.

Have others seen this interview?
Is he credible?

Look forward to your comments

Night All.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
My biggest issue with the whole idea of an alien race being malicious is that, in order for an intelligent species to progress to cross solar system travel, they have to first be able to get past killing each other. I highly question that a species that can progress past their home world would be violent. It's possible, just highly unprobable.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

He seems like a kind and gentle man and I enjoy listening to him. However he's just telling you what you want to hear.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Can't say I watched the video (lack of broadband connection) but I can tell you fear mongering over ET's is a little pointless. As the user two up from me said in order to progress into an inter-galactic race one would think they have gotten over childish things such as violence.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Regardless of what can come from the stars to strike at us, what can fall from the sky with tails of fire, and smash the Earth asunder, no matter what dangers lurk in the endless depth of space, the biggest threat to humanity, is our own inhumanity. No other threat compares to that. We poison our own environment, experiment on our own people, cull species from the face of the planet that have been here for millions of years , we murder , rape and torture, and make war on our own. In a choice between cosmic oblivion, and the prolonged suicide of the human race by its own indifference to suffering, I would rather die with my hands at the throat of some space alien, than have to fight my fellow man, knowing that in killing my opponent I would be destroying myself.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
An extraterrestrial species probably are past the stage where they kill their own. That does not mean they wont kill other species. Truth is, until they actually start killing us or not, then we wont truly know their intentions. Be ready for combat, but don't pull the trigger until they show their hostile. Difficult thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't particularly consider creatures that snatch you up in the middle of the night and subject you to rape for their perverted little breeding programs to be "friendly." And who says they're extraterrestrial? There are other hypotheses, such as cryptoterrestrials or interdimensionals or time travelers or whatever. There's evidence that they've been here for a very long time and they keep pulling the same tricks. Modern abduction accounts mirror old stories of faerie abductions and djinn abductions, neither of which were particularly friendly to humans either.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
My biggest issue with the whole idea of an alien race being malicious is that, in order for an intelligent species to progress to cross solar system travel, they have to first be able to get past killing each other. I highly question that a species that can progress past their home world would be violent. It's possible, just highly unprobable.

Nice thought, but on this planet anyway, war has been one of, if not the, biggest motivations for technology advances. As they keep pushing to get better offensive/defensive tech, breakthroughs happen. I'm sure that if/when we ever develop a viable interstellar drive system, it will have been financed by the military.

I don't see why it should be different for other races.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't think extraterrestrials would be out to get us simply because they have already had plenty of time and prime opportunity to take us out if they wanted. If advanced ET civilizations had intended to destroy us, we would already be dead. A few anal probes doesn't necessarily mean they are out to get us, just performing scientific inquiries. We do this with all other species around us, it doesn't mean we are out to rid the world of jellyfish. Despite Hollywood I don't think we have neither a chance nor a choice in the matter whichever way the question turns out to be answered, extinction would likely come from an unknown mechanism that we would not understand until it is too late, and more than likely be frighteningly efficient. If they are closer to us in progress they probably have their own issues to deal with instead of resourcing an interstellar extermination.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
I don't think extraterrestrials would be out to get us simply because they have already had plenty of time and prime opportunity to take us out if they wanted. If advanced ET civilizations had intended to destroy us, we would already be dead. A few anal probes doesn't necessarily mean they are out to get us, just performing scientific inquiries. We do this with all other species around us, it doesn't mean we are out to rid the world of jellyfish.

If it was merely scientific inquiry, shouldn't they already be finished and moved on? How many people do they need to poke and prod before they're happy with their findings? As I've said, alien abduction has a lot in common with faerie and djinn abduction, which means they've been here since we first dropped out of the trees. And since when does scientific inquiry require the production of a hybrid species? Last I checked, while we have studied jellyfish, we haven't made jellyfish people.

These are either the worst scientists ever, constantly losing their notes and needing to recollect data over and over or there is another agenda at work.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojiro

Could be any reason really, I am merely speculating as well. Of course this all depends on a lot of variables, but it just seems like an intention to destroy us isn't likely because it would have already occurred. That doesn't rule out all other malicious intentions though, just that they would have had a lot easier time getting rid of us if they did it in our technological infancy when there were far less humans also. The resources they would need to produce technology capable of completely bypassing ours in military strength constantly grows, so considering they don't already have a doomsday device ready, the longer time passes the less likely we are to be destroyed by an extraterrestrial threat. That doesn't logically rule out an intention to enslave us or something like that though, in the end no one really knows what reasoning would drive an ET civilization. I'm sorry I don't believe people on the internet enough to put faith in *very* outstanding claims, not saying it couldn't be true though anything is possible. Just like with some of our own governments, we have to trust our desire and spirit for freedom to lead us away from being controlled.

Reasons for continued scientific inquiry could be one of many different things, think about it. It would not even have to be scientific inquiry, it could be a type of profit or anything. If jellyfish turned out to be an exceptional aphrodisiac for humans, we would surely be sticking things into them to find out how.
edit on 28-2-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Regardless of what can come from the stars to strike at us, what can fall from the sky with tails of fire, and smash the Earth asunder, no matter what dangers lurk in the endless depth of space, the biggest threat to humanity, is our own inhumanity. No other threat compares to that. We poison our own environment, experiment on our own people, cull species from the face of the planet that have been here for millions of years , we murder , rape and torture, and make war on our own. In a choice between cosmic oblivion, and the prolonged suicide of the human race by its own indifference to suffering, I would rather die with my hands at the throat of some space alien, than have to fight my fellow man, knowing that in killing my opponent I would be destroying myself.

THIS! im with you 100% WE are destroying this planet. we can easily leave and start looking for other places but the govt is selfish and quite frankly. WE are the alien species that wants to dominate over the others in the universe. WE are the threat. not them

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

Perception is everything, as long as people continue to carelessly think like this, we get that much closer to what you fear. We make our dreams a reality, we are a dexterous race of technical creators, that is our humanity. The altering of the planets climate and creation of weapons are because of the selfish nature of life on earth, ironically, selfishness as to ensure our survival in the past. It worked before we became intelligent, but conflicts with organized society.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
A bit of scientific inquiry from a link in karl 12's post:

You may be interested in knowing it is from nearly half a century ago.

Is there any evidence that any of these motives are actually operating? None at all. Even in the simple matter of physical approach to human beings, the behavior of UFOs is above all contradictory; they seem to display a mixture of caution and curiosity. A landed UFO takes off when witnesses approach; airborne UFOs evade pursuit. Yet what can their repeated following of cars, airplanes, and other vehicles mean if it does not mean curiosity?

If both parts of the caution-curiosity complex do exist in these visitors' minds, it is not impossible to imagine an explanation. No one knows for a fact what the occupants of any UFO are really like - their physical structure, and especially what sense organs they have. If their "eyes" are sensitive to other regions of the electromagnetic spectrum than ours, for example, or if their "ears" pick up subsonic or supersonic sound waves, as ours cannot, then what they "see" and "hear" about us, our artifacts, and our civilization may be incomprehensible to them, and alarming. Even if they supplement their natural senses with instruments, as we do, their interpretation of the instrument readings might not make sense to them. In that case the extra-terrestrials, despite their visits and their observation, may still be as baffled about our behavior and motives as we continue to be about theirs.

An example of their "curiosity" , also from the late 60s:

Reports of airline and private pilots encountering UFOs have continued in 1968. On July 8, the pilot and passengers of a Cessna 172 Skyhawk were approached by a UFO over Warren, Ohio about 10:20 p.m. Two brothers, Richard and Ken Montgomery, with Elizabeth Soverns and Rosalind Rians as passengers, were flying at about 4,000 feet over Warren; Richard Montgomery was at the controls.

"I noticed an object coming toward us from the direction of Youngstown to the southeast," he related. "I swung over... to get a closer look when the object headed directly toward our airplane. It stopped and hung motionless in the air... momentarily, and as our aircraft came closer, it moved swiftly upward and came back at us from another angle."

Montgomery said the UFO appeared metallic and had a light beaming from its underside. He estimated it was from six to ten feet in diameter and from 16 to 20 feet tall.

The pilot maneuvered the plane several times, but the object kept following at a distance of from 150 to 200 yards. Then the UFO "suddenly sped in an easterly direction at amazing speed and was quickly out of sight."

During this encounter, control tower operators at Youngstown Municipal Airport received calls from area residents concerning "a `dogfight' between two aircraft in the skies over. . . Warren."

top topics

join