It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An encounter I had with something.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this !

I didn't read the replies here but I think I know what it is:

I read somewhere that those litle hooded creature are the so called greys.
Yes,they are also called "speed walker" because they can go from one dimension to another in a second.

They can also be in the same room as you and be invisible.
They are being said to be computer /numerical minded.

Are they good or bad I don't know,......I think no but not sure.

Can I ask you if you see time prompt like 11 and so on ?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
My first thought with you being in Georgia was a black bear walking on hind legs.....

But if it was wearing a hooded cloak then I guess it rules that out....unless it was a bear wearing a cloak...

Haha!

I actually called our local newspaper and police department today and asked if there had been any reports of a pet monkey going missing. I told them I thought I had seen a monkey out there and they told me that they hadn't heard of any exotic animals going missing. The officer actually had a good chuckle. :/

My husband has a coworker who lives not far from the cemetery. The man grew up in the house he now owns. Without sounding like freaks ... we're going to stop by his house tomorrow and ask him a few questions about the area. My husband says that the guy is always talking about his house being haunted so he's open minded and believes in the paranormal.

I'll tell him exactly what I saw and hope he can give me some insight.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Matteus

If by seeing time prompt you mean always looking at the clock at the right time, then yes. I seem to always look at the clock at 1:01, 2:02, 3:03 ... etc.

11:11 seems to get me all the time, too. Always. If I'm asleep before 11:00 at night I will wake up and look at the clock at 11:11 every time. I've done it since I was a kid.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

The "Skinwalker" thing someone suggested has piqued my curiosity. I've been reading up on Skinwalkers for a while today and it's creepy, interesting, and scary. And this area that I live in has a few Indian burial mounds so that's making me scratch my head and look for correlations.

I'll look into EBE's. I've never heard that term before.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
reply to post by girl_interrupted

this is a bit ummm "out there" but it sounds a lot like native american...folk lore to me...heres a linky.

www.firstpeople.us...

We have Indian burial mounds. They are less than five miles from my house. The road that this happened on is probably about ... six or seven miles from those burial mounds. Thank you for linking me to that.

I've decided to throw myself into researching whatever this was. As much as I respect the unknown ... not knowing is killing me at this point. I want to know. I need to know.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I had a dream once with something almost exactly like what you described. It was pretty damn freaky. I saw that it had a mask on though, almost like a white grinning Jason style hockey mask. Lets hope you don't have another encounter.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Cool post OP. This is definitely one of the creepy ones! I think just by saying as you did that one of the videos that were posted seemed to be the closest to what you saw at least gives you a starting point or point of reference at least. I mean to me it seems to have been too solid to have been a shadow person, so maybe that could be one less road to have to wander down if you follow. I don't think I have ever heard of the greys being in a robe either, but that doesn't mean they haven't been, I have just never heard of it.

It really sounds like whatever it was, seems to have stepped out of its dimension and wasnt aware of it until the dog barked letting it know it had been seen. I wonder if it hadnt materialized if it would have gone ahead and walked in front of the truck and been run over but never felt a thing because of the dimension difference if you know what I mean.

Perhaps you came across the time warp of the past and you scared it as much as it scared you. I mean if this was something from the past, Im sure the truck and cars and just you folks as people would have been terrifying as well.

If I were to guess, unless it is a residual type of haunting as they say, I highly doubt you will catch that same glitch in time with a camera if you were to try again. lol for myself I dont think I would even want to really especially after how the dog reacted. Then again, if the gentleman you are going to talk with has some tales of sighting this as well, then maybe there is a small possibility of capturing a picture. All mere speculation on my part of course.

One other thing I am curious about. The husband seemed to go into a shut down mode. Was he always in your sight from when he left the truck? If he wasn't, Is he missing any time? Disorientated at all? Anything he may not be saying? Anything the wife may have noticed about him that has changed?

S&F
edit on 28-2-2011 by onehuman because: typos

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I lost sight of Mike once he went behind the building where the lawnmowers and stuff are kept. He was behind that for maybe two minutes. When he came back he was really pale and winded.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

There are more things between heaven and earth than your philosophy can account for. I believe that's how it goes. Anyway it was Hamlet. I believe what you seen was a demon. Animals seem to instictively sense these unholy abominations and in good sense become very adgitated by them. It most likely was simalar to the pic below..

As to wheather or not you should have fear? I believe may depend on what your beliefs concerning the here after are. I have seen things like this. Once iun broad daylight with about fifty other people seeing it also. So things like this exist. I doubt very seriously you seen something that wasn't there. Maybe it's a wake up call for you spiritually because it dosn't seem to have beckoned. That's when you have to worry.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
S+F! Great story,very creepy,sorry i cant be much help as i have no idea what it could be,should definitely go and take some pictures and see if anything shows up,please keep us updated!!!
edit on 28/2/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by girl_interrupted

I lost sight of Mike once he went behind the building where the lawnmowers and stuff are kept. He was behind that for maybe two minutes. When he came back he was really pale and winded.

Sounds like Mike could be Key to more then he is letting on to then perhaps. Sounds silly I know, but I wonder if he is any grayer then he was before hand. You know like when someone has a serious fright their hair seems to go gray real fast. Has his wife mentioned him being any type of profoundly different since then? Im guessing if something happened to him behind the shed and he is a mans man he probably wont mention it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

I absolutely believe your story. And, like BrokenCircles, the first image that popped into my mind was that of the evil creatures from the Phantasm movies. The only question I have is, why did you change your avatar? If the original was a photo of you, you are depriving the members of this board of a very lovely vision.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for your insight.

I think I'm okay spiritually. I feel that I am. I have a 'question everything' mentality, but I also have faith.

I'm going to research your suggestion. That image is incredible creepy.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

I'm hoping the weather holds for my picture taking venture tomorrow. Right now North Georgia is experiencing thunderstorms and a tornado watch. I enjoy storms, though. Maybe I can get some much needed sleep.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I've sent an email to Linda to see if Mike is acting any differently. I don't know these people other than how we were pushed together with a weird situation so I'm trying not to pry too much. Hopefully I was tactful enough in my questions so that she won't take offense.

I hope that he's okay. Poor guy.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rich41357

Aww, thank you!! *blush*

Now that I'm using the board more and really spending time here I realized that people don't post photos of themselves as avatars for the most part. I think I'll stick to putting my pics in the member's photo thread and leave them there.

But thank you again! I appreciate that.

I chose this Boon Fairy by Froud as my avatar because I've always loved the little critter.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This thread has been a fascinating read - I am intrigued. So many different theories/guesses as to what you may have seen, hard to really know which way to go, from here. Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

He's cute, too!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
baby bigfoot!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I too believe you! This has caught my attention like no other. I am compelled to find out what it was you saw! Very creepy. Glad you are okay!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join